TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am a proponent of theory #1, I think that there is a fourth option. MB could have become aware of illegal doings and was prepared to come forward. She may or may not have have personally known the people involved in the illegal activity. Those involved felt the need to silence MB.

I don't subscribe to theory #2, and if that turns out to be the case, I will be the first to admit that I was 100% wrong.

I'm also a proponent of theory #1.

How long has that been code for residential? Because I live in a new neighborhood. The attached wall mirrors installed just a few years ago (then subsequently demoed) were definitely not safety glass. Nor the double paned windows. All break into very large shards. Is this very recent code changes?

See this link:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/residential-building-codes-safety-glass-76289.html

Appears to indicate that doors have to have safety glass regardless of size. Windows, it depends on size and placement. No mention of mirrors... I'll keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone thinks that this was a "robbery" they must think that the intended victim of robbery was Missy.........not the church. We do not know if anything was taken from Missy other than her life. And there were certainly easier ways to "rob" her. JMO

If anyone thinks that this was a "robbery" they must think that the intended victim of robbery was Missy.........not the church. We do not know if anything was taken from Missy other than her life. And there were certainly easier ways to "rob" her. JMO

I think it was a robbery of the church. I do not think Missy was the intended victim.

Think "burglary" then. Although it became robbery legally as soon as MB entered the building, I believe.

Robbery has a legal definition. But we are all entitled to our beliefs....... JMO

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I'm pretty adamant about my work, so I'll just come right out and ask:

Do those who think what they're seeing is a heavyset person believe the subject is not actually wearing tactical gear with an overall thickness of 6 or more inches around the middle? And if you believe he/she is wearing a tac vest, can you explain where have they put all their fat?

Your animation convinced me otherwise. I'm no longer on board with beer bellied guy. :)

How about slue footed: big clumsy turned out feet. The turned out feet make me think SP is a man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your incredible work. And Batbrat thank you for that totally awesome animation. I distinctly remember examining and over-examining the surveillance shots of the per when this first happened. My gut reaction was that is was a woman. A woman with flat feet. A woman who was not in good shape because of the posture and the gait. I remember specifically the surveillance captured image where she/he had her/his hand on his/her hip and appeared to be reading something posted on a bulletin board (or on the wall) It just looked like a woman to me. I don't think someone with MS would have the strength to take on MB. (Someone in this thread mentioned the possibility of MS). However, women with flat feet that are overweight, espeically in their thighs, will walk as this perp did. It's kind of how they balance their extra weight as to not hurt their back.

Anyhow, reviewed the new images as provided by the investigator - still thinking same. Agree with all who think it was a crime of passion. I see a masculine-type woman, overweight - or at least out of shape - with flat feet and a duck gait. Just my thoughts from day 1: the wife or gf or ex of a man that had something to do with MB.

See this link:

Appears to indicate that doors have to have safety glass regardless of size. Windows, it depends on size and placement. No mention of mirrors... I'll keep looking.

Correct. Not applicable to basic wall mirrors. Safety glass is generally tempered glass. I worked my way thru college as a gofer for a glass company. It is so strong. The guys would occasionally use a 4x 8 sheet as a ramp on a tail gate for wheel barrows. It's two weak points are if a corner/edge got nicked just right. And we lost a few going up long elevators (i.e. 50 stories). The sudden air pressure change would make them shatter without provocation) BuT when it shattered it shatters in literally a million pieces. At 1/4 inch square each. And there are no sharp or jagged edges so it is almost impossible to hurt yourself

Robbery has a legal definition. But we are all entitled to our beliefs....... JMO

So does burglary. Common law definition of burglary requires that the structure be a dwelling - a place of habitation, which a church is not.

Texas state law may define burglary more broadly to include any structure where you don't have permission to be.

But the lines get blurred when you factor in that at some point the structure was no longer unoccupied. Plus the perp's outfit could constitute the use of fear and intimidation, which tilt us toward robbery.

Who knows what police would have actually charged perp with, if he had not killed Missy.

Thank you all for your incredible work. And Batbrat thank you for that totally awesome animation. I distinctly remember examining and over-examining the surveillance shots of the per when this first happened. My gut reaction was that is was a woman. A woman with flat feet. A woman who was not in good shape because of the posture and the gait. I remember specifically the surveillance captured image where she/he had her/his hand on his/her hip and appeared to be reading something posted on a bulletin board (or on the wall) It just looked like a woman to me. I don't think someone with MS would have the strength to take on MB. (Someone in this thread mentioned the possibility of MS). However, women with flat feet that are overweight, espeically in their thighs, will walk as this perp did. It's kind of how they balance their extra weight as to not hurt their back.

Anyhow, reviewed the new images as provided by the investigator - still thinking same. Agree with all who think it was a crime of passion. I see a masculine-type woman, overweight - or at least out of shape - with flat feet and a duck gait. Just my thoughts from day 1: the wife or gf or ex of a man that had something to do with MB.
I cant see SP being overweight based on batbrat's animation. Don't see an out of shape older woman being able to do this crime or have the passion of rage to do so. It just doesn't fit the profile for this type of murder. JMO of course.

I would imagine that someone in the FBI has come up with a: (possible) "profile", in regard to this case. [FBI is known for, doing a "profile", in cases.]
But that, they just haven't released their "profile", to the public.

I wonder why if they are still looking for the suspect?

So does burglary. Common law definition of burglary requires that the structure be a dwelling - a place of habitation, which a church is not.

Texas state law may define burglary more broadly to include any structure where you don't have permission to be.

But the lines get blurred when you factor in that at some point the structure was no longer unoccupied. Plus the perp's outfit could constitute the use of fear and intimidation, which tilt us toward robbery.

Who knows what police would have actually charged perp with, if he had not killed Missy.

Vandalism? Breaking and entering?

See this link:

Mirrors are hardly ever tempered glass cause the process of tempering glass will put a little "waviness" in the glass and distort it a bit. To stay a clean, undistorted image when you look in a mirror, it will not be put through the "safety glass" process.

I keep reading posts that describe the murder of MB as one that was personal and committed with anger and rage. Leaving possible perps, scenarios and motives out of the equation (since these are unknowns), please answer if you know... TIA

1. Has this been information shared by LE? (That the murder was personal and committed with anger and rage)

2. If this an opinion of posters here on WS, on what factual evidence do they base these opinions?

Good points...and I need to add...is someone trying to throw everyone off the right track on purpose.

I wonder why if they are still looking for the suspect?
I suspect all is quiet because LE knows who SP is. They are watching and waiting for SP to make the wrong move and at the same time working on obtaining evidence against SP that will hold up in court.

I think it was a robbery of the church. I do not think Missy was the intended victim.
I too think this was a robbery of the church. But I believe the robbery was for something very specific. IMO the SP was looking for money as it very early Monday morning. I believe SP had reason to believe the church leaves it's money received from offerings there overnight and deposits on Monday morning. I think when he could not locate the money, or was startled by MB he panicked. I do believe SP has a tie to this church in some way.

I'm with you. What we know - at least what I think we know - is her car was left there and BB has her wedding ring. And I think if any cash or credit/debit cards were stolen we would have heard about it. Anything she had worth anything was left.

Do we know if her phone was stolen?

It's common knowledge that "overkills" indicate the crime is personal. That's usually believed to be due to the level of emotions involved. But some criminal psychologists are now coming to believe that the overkill/personal link is the result of assuring the victim cannot survive to identify his or her attacker.

And use overkill to make it appear personal and high level of emotions involved

I suspect all is quiet because LE knows who SP is. They are watching and waiting for SP to make the wrong move and at the same time working on obtaining evidence against SP that will hold up in court.

I hope you are right. But it took five years to arrest WN in the Celina Cass case, so I hope they are watching and waiting to arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member