TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Evidence" seen through the filter of bias. I have seen too many times, public opinion go toward conspiracies and complicated connections - anything but the simpleness of being killed by a stranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect, I don't appreciate you referring to the evidence gathered from various posters in quotes. It's extremely condescending. It's also extremely rude to imply that we can only view this case through the filter of bias. It's fine if we look at the data presented to us and come to different conclusions. There is no need to demean those who don't agree with you.

While this is not pointed at you (or anyone here), I have seen numerous times where a closed mind prevents people from seeing the truth.

The simpleness in this case is that the person (or people) with the most motive killed Missy. JMO

"Sources tell News 8 that investigators are certain that Bevers was the target, and did not stumble into a burglary gone bad. They further believe that the scene was staged to make it look like there had been a burglary." (Link: http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542)

BBM.

Respectfully BBM.

I couldn't agree with your logic anymore. However, even if MB was not found in the restroom, the chances of SP and MB just happening to run into each other are still negligible. SP would have had the opportunity to flee despite where he/she first encountered MB. Please remember that it was dumping rain outside; there is a high probably that MB's shoes were squeaking as she walked down the quiet hallway.

ETA - I am circling back to my above post. If MB was actually found in the restroom, I am wondering why LE would have originally thought it was a botched burglary. I still think that she was in an open area (maybe the vestibule).

IIRC, I thought very early on it described the campers discovering her by looking through an outside door and seeing a "lump" but not correctly identifying it. Can't remember the exact word that was used. And it took them a little while to realize it was MB. At which time they entered (and began CPR, called 911 (X2)) Can anyone else remember that or is old age and senility setting in here.

I am not even sure if SP is the actual killer anymore. I am beginning to wonder if SP's sole job was to be a decoy - to be VISIBLE to the camera. In doing so, SP is drawing all the attention.... creating a body type of the killer and so on.

this is my theory all along. SP was just a distraction to make his/her way to porch doors to let real killer in.

Is it just me - if I entered a building ...not a police car insight ....and a person dressed in SWAT gear approached me...I would run! No way am I trusting a single SWAT person in that situation. And I would think MB would not be fooled by SP because Police would have been there and never let her enter the church. This church is all by itself just big fields around it. Yes, a local.

With all due respect, I don't appreciate you referring to the evidence gathered from various posters in quotes. It's extremely condescending. It's also extremely rude to imply that we can only view this case through the filter of bias. It's fine if we look at the data presented to us and come to different conclusions. There is no need to demean those who don't agree with you.

While this is not pointed at you (or anyone here), I have seen numerous times where a closed mind prevents people from seeing the truth.

The simpleness in this case is that the person (or people) with the most motive killed Missy. JMO

I put "evidence" in quotes because we all bring our biases and prejudices to the table, and what I see as evidence of something, you will see as evidence of something else. It isn't condescending; it's who we are. If you want to feel demeaned, fine - I'm sorry you feel that way but I didn't demean you. I simply pointed out something that is undeniable. We are all biased, including me.

I have seen too many times, public opinion go toward conspiracies and complicated connections - anything but the simpleness of being killed by a stranger.

I agree that the more complicated the explanation, the less likely, because it will tend to add more problems than it answers.

But that simplicity has to be in light of the evidence in view. And in this case, I think the "simplest" explanation for the perp being there - simplest in light of what we saw on video and the info we have available - points to it being someone other than a stranger. This is not a perp that simply wandered by to such a remote place, nor on a whim given the costume and the work it took to enter, which leaves us with either a thief who was there for quite some time yet took nothing from MB or the church, or a hater who wanted/planned/waited/lurked to kill MB and did.

Respectfully, I find the latter explanation far more fitting and simple, given what we know.

I just tried to pull a pin out of a door hinge with my bare fingers and was unable to budge it at all. But if I had a hammer and a mole wrench, I think I could remove that pin.
You can pop out most in 30 seconds with a flat head screw driver and hammer. (or a long-nosed punch if it's tight). But someone responded (I think correctly) that s/he probably wasn't that calculated in this area; just seeing what was easy.

Like most of us, you want it to not be random. You want it to be planned and with purpose because that makes you feel safer in your own life. If an utterly random and motiveless crime could happen to MB, then it could happen to you and me, too.

So that, in a nutshell, is why everyone wants to believe she was targeted by someone.

i think it's pretty safe to say that each Sleuther has their own opinion of what scenario it may be...that's just it though...until person(s) are caught we just have our own opinions. BTW it doesn't make any of us feel safer if it was planned and with purpose ...the point is SP and killer (my opinion) maybe standing next to me in the grocery store.

Like most of us, you want it to not be random. You want it to be planned and with purpose because that makes you feel safer in your own life. If an utterly random and motiveless crime could happen to MB, then it could happen to you and me, too.

So that, in a nutshell, is why everyone wants to believe she was targeted by someone.

I had to chuckle at this one. I find the idea that people are murdered by those they know, trust, or even share their life with, far, far more disturbing than by a random stranger lurking in the darkness somewhere. Talk about not feeling safe in your own life. I don't agree with your assessment about targeted murders and wishful thinking for a single second. Sorry. ;)

One thing I just can't put out of my mind is how long the SP wandered around inside that building-after planning and preparing to kill MB. I CAN imagine someone being so angry that they plan in their imagination a way to get even with someone, but that's usually where it stops. The SP had so much time to reconsider his/her actions...could have turned around and left that building at any time without MB being any the wiser. It took real hatred to stay and wait for her that morning..I just can't even imagine it. Anger that just boils over causes impulsive murders. There was just so much time to come to ones senses and walk away from this..

Can someone wake me up when we get some new news. Zzzzz

"Sources tell News 8 that investigators are certain that Bevers was the target, and did not stumble into a burglary gone bad. They further believe that the scene was staged to make it look like there had been a burglary." (Link: http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542)

BBM.

Thanks! And that was posted at WFAA 7:33 AM. CDT April 27, 2016, which is early in the investigation.

One thing I just can't put out of my mind is how long the SP wandered around inside that building-after planning and preparing to kill MB. I CAN imagine someone being so angry that they plan in their imagination a way to get even with someone, but that's usually where it stops. The SP had so much time to reconsider his/her actions...could have turned around and left that building at any time without MB being any the wiser. It took real hatred to stay and wait for her that morning..I just can't even imagine it. Anger that just boils over causes impulsive murders. There was just so much time to come to ones senses and walk away from this..

Respectively bolded by me, but Missy knew who this was. ( welcome to WS by the way)

I agree - that's why I believe SP purpose is to make it look like a burglary (the one big mistake SP made - not taking anything per LE) and to let real killer in away from cameras. Hence there calmness. JMO

Does that box at the bottom right of the map represent the restrooms? IIRC, LE said that she was found in the SW corner and not the SW portion of the building. I always assumed that MB was found in an open area because the campers found her right at the time class was supposed to start. If MB was murdered in the restroom, that's a lot of people needing to use the restroom (MB, the campers, and SP).

Also, if MB was killed in the restroom, how would SP have avoided being caught on camera after exiting the restroom?
From what I'm seeing it looks like camera on bottom right corner points down hallway to the left direction. Maybe the top right camera points up that hallway. This might then leave the area behind those cameras, ie the corner, literally as the attack spot and visible at doors or just inside doors so SP could escape there.

The other possibility might be bathrooms or that corner SW room, whatever is in that room.

Good points...and I need to add...is someone trying to throw everyone off the right track on purpose.

Since you put it in boldface -- who are you guessing is trying to throw everyone off?

Can someone wake me up when we get some new news. Zzzzz

Omg me too. I check back periodically since this is still at the top of the feed.......but .....I quickly exit 😣

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had to chuckle at this one. I find the idea that people are murdered by those they know, trust, or even share their life with, far, far more disturbing than by a random stranger lurking in the darkness somewhere. Talk about not feeling safe in your own life. I don't agree with your assessment about targeted murders and wishful thinking for a single second. Sorry. ;)

I'm not inclined to 'chuckle' about murder.

BBM.

This was posted 9 days after the murder, and you'll note that it has no direct quotes from LE. It actually runs counter to what LE has said in pressers. In the most recent presser, they said they are not committed to any one theory and that investigators are trying to keep an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member