TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I'm pretty adamant about my work, so I'll just come right out and ask:

Do those who think what they're seeing is a heavyset person believe the subject is not actually wearing tactical gear with an overall thickness of 6 or more inches around the middle? And if you believe he/she is wearing a tac vest, can you explain where have they put all their fat?

Well the very first time I seen the video my eyes about popped out of my head after the SW was released. Then I think what if the SwatPerp has clothing stuffed in the outfit or other items to make them walk so oddly. 🔨
I see both because you made that green man over weight then skinny ❓❓❓

Well the very first time I seen the video my eyes about popped out of my head after the SW was released. Then I think what if the SwatPerp has clothing stuffed in the outfit or other items to make them walk so oddly. 
I see both because you made that green man over weight then skinny ❓❓❓

Could you please point out where I made the green man in my animations "over weight"?

I had to chuckle at this one. I find the idea that people are murdered by those they know, trust, or even share their life with, far, far more disturbing than by a random stranger lurking in the darkness somewhere. Talk about not feeling safe in your own life. I don't agree with your assessment about targeted murders and wishful thinking for a single second. Sorry. ;)

But people can come up with any number of excuses to distance themselves from a targeted murder victim. "Oh, there was an affair in that marriage." "Oh, so-and-so spent way too much time away from home and it opened a door for this to happen."

By the way, the link below speaks to trends in murders committed by strangers or unknown circumstances. Such murders represented only 5% of all murders in 1965; by 2001, 57% of all murders were committed by someone with no known connection to the victim.

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/cjrp/epidemic.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But people can come up with any number of excuses to distance themselves from a targeted murder victim. "Oh, there was an affair in that marriage." "Oh, so-and-so spent way too much time away from home and it opened a door for this to happen."

By the way, the link below speaks to trends in murders committed by strangers or unknown circumstances. Such murders represented only 5% of all murders in 1965; by 2001, 57% of all murders were committed by someone with no known connection to the victim.

thank you Cannonball - I read the article with interest. Here is one you might want to read as well.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvs03.pdf

I agree no case should be looked at with tunnel vision. But stats show women specifically are statistically more likely to be murdered by someone they know. I wish I was on my PC and had a better net connection than I do right now to find cites for that but it was only recently I was looking at those stats.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ETA those stats include acquaintances and coworkers, not just exes and partners.

I find it kind of ironic that people are quoting and referencing homicide statistics in discussing this murder. There is nothing about Missy's murder that fits within the norms. So why should anyone expect statistics to point in the right direction in trying to identify who the murderer could be?

ETA: Think about it. When stats say 9 out of 10 blah, blah, blah, that leaves 1out of 10 that doesn't fit. Now consider the possibility that Missy's case is just what it appears to be -- completely out of the norm.

I find it kind of ironic that people are quoting and referencing homicide statistics in discussing this murder. There is nothing about Missy's murder that fits within the norms. So why should anyone expect statistics to point in the right direction in trying to identify who the murderer could be?
It's relevant. It's why just about all cases of a murdered woman (where perp is not immediately identified) start by looking at the husband. Stastically doing that is going to bear fruit a lot of the time

It's relevant. It's why just about all cases of a murdered woman (where perp is not immediately identified) start by looking at the husband. Stastically doing that is going to bear fruit a lot of the time

Sure as hell hasn't borne any fruit in this case. Proves my point.

I can't speak for anyone but myself; however, I'm still kind of thinking wow. I had no idea we were so split just on burglary versus targeted. No offense to anyone and most especially those who did offer their opinions.

I personally think she was target but everyone rightfully can form their own opinions.

thank you Cannonball - I read the article with interest. Here is one you might want to read as well.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvs03.pdf

Here is a link to an article written by and for the LE community. Great points about confirmation bias, tunnel vision, following the evidence instead of the suspect, etc

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...=display_arch&article_id=1922&issue_id=102009

OT but it made me smile to see this magazine mentioned. My late mother worked for the association that produces it. After she retired at age 72 in 2010, she remained on their mailing list until her death in 2014. I saved a few issues for my son, who is a forensic science major.

And yet that number jumps to over 90% when the victim is a woman and her killer is male - according to a study cited by the National Criminal Justice Reference Service

Statistics that I've cited were an examination of ALL murders committed, and "all" is going to include both those inside the norm and those outside the norm.

How are you defining what the "norm" is, anyway? So little information has been released, and the rumor mill has led people to repeat things they think they know but which have no corroboration.

But back to stats. The other day I cited a statistic that female murder victims were killed by a female something like 5% of the time. That is low enough to be very significant in evaluating the likelihood of a female perp in this case.

Statistics are useful.

And yet that number jumps to over 90% when the victim is a woman and her killer is male - according to a study cited by the National Criminal Justice Reference Service

Which makes perfect sense when you consider domestic violence and gender inequities within relationships.

I suspect that if they filtered out the huge number of females murdered by their male partners, the number would be far lower. The MB case doesn't involve violence in the home; MB's partner is not a suspect.

Statistics that I've cited were an examination of ALL murders committed, and "all" is going to include both those inside the norm and those outside the norm.

How are you defining what the "norm" is, anyway? So little information has been released, and the rumor mill has led people to repeat things they think they know but which have no corroboration.

But back to stats. The other day I cited a statistic that female murder victims were killed by a female something like 5% of the time. That is low enough to be very significant in evaluating the likelihood of a female perp in this case.

Statistics are useful.

Explain why Missy's murder should be considered to fall within the 95% norm rather than the 5% exception. You assume that it does when you posit that statistics are useful in solving this particular crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur