TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most of us, you want it to not be random. You want it to be planned and with purpose because that makes you feel safer in your own life. If an utterly random and motiveless crime could happen to MB, then it could happen to you and me, too.

So that, in a nutshell, is why everyone wants to believe she was targeted by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right..

This was no burglary. SP had one mission planned and it was to kill MB. All that lolligagging around wasn't done during a burglary.

SP is someone that can get out of their house, drive away in their car and no one notice. SP is someone that can possess all the bits and pieces of that costume and no one notice. I suggest SP is single.

SP had/has a bum right knee. SP has zero experience swinging a hammer or using a door jimmy; IMHO SP does not physically work in any construction field. SP has terrible posture, a terrible limp and is slue footed. IMHO SP is not into any physical fitness which involves weight lifting, running, skiing or coordination.

SP had no moral dilemma about killing MB in a Christian church building.

IMHO, we are looking for a single person who knew MB and had reason to want her dead, is bi-laterally slue footed with a current or recent bum right knee, has a vehicle, is not into physical fitness, is not familiar with the use of basic tools and for whom a church building holds no significance.

Lots of people knew MB, some are single, few are slue footed with bum right knees, even fewer had any reason - real or perceived - to want her dead and of all those who knew her, we can (IMHO) eliminate the physically fit and those skilled with tools. The list is shorter than we think.

(Do a Google search for) pry bar in door jamb and tap with hammer

... "pry bar

tap

between the door jamb and the trim.

Use a hammer for this."

[Would the average "female" know about this?

(Was the person on the surveillance camera, a male?)

However, a "female" could find this out, with "Google" searches.]

I have not been following the TS case at all, but it has been mentioned often in this thread by other posters. Short list primarily from a Victimology POV:

Victimology
-middle-aged
-middle-class to upper middle-class
-Caucasian
-married
-mother
-not engaged in risky lifestyles such as prostitution and drugs
-has stable lifestyle
-experiencing marital struggles (in MB case, also financial struggles)
-employed
-educated
-has good ties to extended family
-has good ties to community
-has deep ties to community
-respected in work circles
-respected in social circles
-no known enemies
-resides in low crime area
-homeowner
-vehicle owner
-no known health problems
-victim alone
-others knew victim would be alone
-vicious attack with tool
-attack to head
-possible burglary staging
-if burglary staging, failure to take accessible valuables
-husband out of state with airtight alibi
-husband stands to benefit financially from death (charged in Sievers case; not known in MB case); could benefit
-murder for hire (charged in Sievers case; not known in MB case); could be
Well done!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Like most of us, you want it to not be random. You want it to be planned and with purpose because that makes you feel safer in your own life. If an utterly random and motiveless crime could happen to MB, then it could happen to you and me, too.

So that, in a nutshell, is why everyone wants to believe she was targeted by someone.

This is why victim blaming exists and why as much as we as humans fight against it, it will never go away entirely. It's basic instinct to distance yourself and your circumstances from that of a victim because it's protecting yourself from the fear and anxiety that comes from having to accept it absolutely could happen to you.

I'd never have an affair/ work alone at 5am/ walk down a street at midnight/turn my back on my kids for 20 seconds/ whatever. But the reality is everyone takes risks where something could go wrong every day. But generally nothing happens so it's easier to blame the victim rather than randomness.

I agree with all this but I also think statistics are meaningful. The fact that women are technically in more danger from their coworker than a random stranger should make women more afraid to go to work than walk down the street at night but it's not how our brains work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What time again was the Altima captured on video at the gun store? Are we thinking that SP went to the church, broke in, then quickly left, parked the Altima at the gun store and waited to see if any cops showed up? Our eyes on the street say that the gun store parking area is further away from church than people realize, however, it would not be difficult to see flashing blue lights in the middle of the night. Who subscribes to this?

I am not even sure if SP is the actual killer anymore. I am beginning to wonder if SP's sole job was to be a decoy - to be VISIBLE to the camera. In doing so, SP is drawing all the attention.... creating a body type of the killer and so on.

Yes, GA_Peach! For instance, if there were two unsubs (unknown subjects) then they may have expected two people to set up the camp, ie., Missy and one other, who may have backed out for some unknown reason to us, at the last minute. That way, it would be two killers against two victims who were unaware of danger lurking inside the church when they opened for campers that fateful morning. That's my theory and opinion, at this time, which may change without advance notice.

Respectfully, I think you are wrong. (BUT, I am hoping you are right... for the girls sake.)
Pure logic and instinct tell me that MB was targeted. The whole situation with Sp is so way over the top. Its too creepy to be random IMO. Who dresses up like that, and decides to go to a church in the middle of the night when its raining cats and dogs to hang out and break stuff. There was purpose and intent much more sinister than robbing or vandalizing the church.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I might agree with you if there were any indication of progress in the investigation. I think it's naive to think that police have a suspect and are just electing not to show their hand while they steadily build a case before making an arrest. I believe MPD is being forthright in stating that they are frustrated and have run out of leads.

Yet they don't seem to think the greater community was ever at risk. IMO I think signs point to LE being frustratedly stuck with evidence, and a suspect, but missing the connecting link; else why not release more video, or 911 call transcripts, etc... MOO

What time again was the Altima captured on video at the gun store? Are we thinking that SP went to the church, broke in, then quickly left, parked the Altima at the gun store and waited to see if any cops showed up? Our eyes on the street say that the gun store parking area is further away from church than people realize, however, it would not be difficult to see flashing blue lights in the middle of the night. Who subscribes to this?

Not I, said the BlueBird. The Altima was at the gun shop around 2am. for only a few minutes, IIRC. We've posted the rain (from the weather underground source) had begun to slow to a sprinkle by the time Missy arrived for work at the Church of Christ.

By taking a cue from BB, the unsub was wearing a motorcycle helmet. The unsub(s) arrived at the CoC on the bike or, less probable an ATV and departed on the same motorcycle or ATV, to parts unknown, sans the monogrammed POLICE words detached via velcro. The gravel pathway at the back of the Church was used to exit the area.

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: (scroll and roll)
* The following is simply my opinion based on what I understand may have occurred by evildoers that tragic morning.

Due to the element of surprise, and with or without the possibility of two perps, my suspicions are that the initial head wound(s) nearly or completely incapacitated Missy Bevers. She may have fallen into a mirror or onto the glass table, initially indicating a possible struggle, if there are glass shards not created by the unsub as s/he did the slow walk about knocking out windows. Most of the other puncture wounds were committed as she lay dying which would not produce much blood spatter if her blood pressure was falling rapidly. Most, if not all, of the wounds were created by the pick end of the hammer. IOW, most of the wounds on the head and chest were immediately postmortem.
Missy was not breathing when the campers dialed 911. Head wounds typically produce a lot of blood spatter but not if the victim's heart has stopped pumping. (There was not a lot of blood spatter in the hammer death of Dr. Teresa Sievers whose beautiful head took an incredible 17 hits of the hammer.) I also believe that Missy's tortured, lifeless body was found at or near the vestibule as to shock and awe the early arriving campers.

I am so very sorry Missy. This makes my heart ache for you. My purpose is to help determine what happened and how and, finally, to find justice by holding the unsubs accountable.

Yet they don't seem to think the greater community was ever at risk. IMO I think signs point to LE being frustratedly stuck with evidence, and a suspect, but missing the connecting link; else why not release more video, or 911 call transcripts, etc... MOO

Also, a big ole clue for me is that the FBI has not offered a reward. That makes me believe they know and don't need anyone to come forward with information. MPD threw us a bone by releasing the image of the Altima with an edited tag, jmho, after they digitally reduced the visibility of the tag area, with intention, before exposing it to the public. Additionally, someone in the public, especially someone local, may recognize the voice of the 911 caller, which in turn, would send the media running to their front door.

My theory also includes manipulation of the exterior cameras well before the murder. If the unsub recorded the murder, well, s/he couldn't hold his/her phone in one hand with the murder weapon in another. That's another reason to point to two perps involved in the Church murder. IIRC, the Go Pro option had been eliminated and the headlight was the only item attached to the helmet.

JMHO on the events as I opine them to be.

This has been probably been asked and answered.

How long had the outside cameras not been working and do they know why they were not working?

Catching up, (AGAIN)...but just had a question. Is this "brainscratch" YouTube person MSM? I'm just curious because if we're allowed to post any YouTube video from any person, I have quite a few to post here. Should I know who this person is? :blushing:

I think that the motive, in this investigation, would provide the best clue if there is no DNA evidence of SP. Perhaps, as each person involved with Missy is scrutinized, new investigations into their activities are generated....there may be illegal activity uncovered which may or may not be related to Missys murder. Infidelity is not a crime, but financial enterprises can be shady. What, if anything did Missy know about, or participate in? Also, if the possibility of a conspiracy to eliminate Missy is investigated, the conspiracy itself has to be uncovered and provable in court. There is a lot to pore through. JMO

Which makes perfect sense when you consider domestic violence and gender inequities within relationships.

I suspect that if they filtered out the huge number of females murdered by their male partners, the number would be far lower. The MB case doesn't involve violence in the home; MB's partner is not a suspect.

We do not know if there was or was not violence in the home. You've stated this pretty clearly, and unless you have access to information not yet available this seems like another example of how suppositions morph into facts. Domestic violence isn't ruled out just because BB is not a suspect. Then again, we don't have a suspect list, nor should we. To be clear, I'm not suggesting BB is involved. I am saying your post is more opinion than fact.

I have not been following the TS case at all, but it has been mentioned often in this thread by other posters. Short list primarily from a Victimology POV:

Victimology
-middle-aged
-middle-class to upper middle-class
-Caucasian
-married
-mother
-not engaged in risky lifestyles such as prostitution and drugs
-has stable lifestyle
-experiencing marital struggles (in MB case, also financial struggles)
-employed
-educated
-has good ties to extended family
-has good ties to community
-has deep ties to community
-respected in work circles
-respected in social circles
-no known enemies
-resides in low crime area
-homeowner
-vehicle owner
-no known health problems (impairments)
-a woman who could attract the attention of males; attractive
-a woman who could attract the jealousy and envy of other women
-victim alone
-others knew victim would be alone
-others knew victim would be at specified location
-attacked during darkness
-murdered inside a building
-murdered in place and not kidnapped
-body left to be discovered by others
-no attempt to conceal murder/or ineffective or aborted attempt
-vicious attack with tool(s)
-attack to head
-attack causing relatively quick death (as opposed to prolonged death or chance for survival)
-elements of overkill in attack (ensure death)
-possible burglary staging
-if burglary staging, failure to take accessible valuables
-husband out of state with airtight alibi
-husband stands to benefit financially from death (charged in Sievers case; not known in MB case); could benefit
-murder for hire (charged in Sievers case; not known in MB case); could be

Okay. You're going to have to leave the last two off, as they're only speculation at this point.

Now does anyone want to take a shot at the differences? I'm referring more to the actual circumstances of the murder rather than victimology, by the way.

Not I, said the BlueBird. The Altima was at the gun shop around 2am. for only a few minutes, IIRC. We've posted the rain (from the weather underground source) had begun to slow to a sprinkle by the time Missy arrived for work at the Church of Christ.

By taking a cue from BB, the unsub was wearing a motorcycle helmet. The unsub(s) arrived at the CoC on the bike or, less probable an ATV and departed on the same motorcycle or ATV, to parts unknown, sans the monogrammed POLICE words detached via velcro. The gravel pathway at the back of the Church was used to exit the area.

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: (scroll and roll)
* The following is simply my opinion based on what I understand may have occurred by evildoers that tragic morning.

Due to the element of surprise, and with or without the possibility of two perps, my suspicions are that the initial head wound(s) nearly or completely incapacitated Missy Bevers. She may have fallen into a mirror or onto the glass table, initially indicating a possible struggle, if there are glass shards not created by the unsub as s/he did the slow walk about knocking out windows. Most of the other puncture wounds were committed as she lay dying which would not produce much blood spatter if her blood pressure was falling rapidly. Most, if not all, of the wounds were created by the pick end of the hammer. IOW, most of the wounds on the head and chest were immediately postmortem.
Missy was not breathing when the campers dialed 911. Head wounds typically produce a lot of blood spatter but not if the victim's heart has stopped pumping. (There was not a lot of blood spatter in the hammer death of Dr. Teresa Sievers whose beautiful head took an incredible 17 hits of the hammer.) I also believe that Missy's tortured, lifeless body was found at or near the vestibule as to shock and awe the early arriving campers.

I am so very sorry Missy. This makes my heart ache for you. My purpose is to help determine what happened and how and, finally, to find justice by holding the unsubs accountable.

I envision things happening in the same manner, and I agree that MB was likely found in the vestibule. My mind won't even allow me to think through her manner of death. Justice for Missy.

I actually don't find this case super bizarre or unusual. Am I the only one? Aside from the swat gear, nothing sticks out at me.

Since I believe that this was a targeted killing, the church isn't odd. It was MB's place of employment, and it's the only place where she would have been alone all day.

I actually don't find this case super bizarre or unusual. Am I the only one? Aside from the swat gear, nothing sticks out at me.

Since I believe that this was a targeted killing, the church isn't odd. It was MB's place of employment, and it's the only place where she would have been alone all day.

I don't agree with any of this. She didn't work at the church and wouldn't have been alone "all day." Have you read the facts of the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member