TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimi there is also a WS link regarding the fact WS is a victim friendly site. Which also clarifies, that for now, family members are considered victims, since MB was murdered in cold blood. I was going to bump it but couldn't find it. I think it's the more relevant reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. If you google some CG reviews online, you will notice there were quite some unhappy campers out there criticizing CG customer service and cancellation policy.
Perhaps an additional angle, if one is inclined to believe so.

-Nin

Gold's Gym, LA Fitness, the same. I think the people the give reviews on businesses are most likely the unhappy ones. Not always.. These memberships are a bugger to get out of... don't ask me how I know.

I have also seen that mentioned quite a few times. I did see a screenshot of a facebook post which said the 9am CG midlothian class was moving, but never saw one about the Creekside camp moving.

Having said that, I just went to the camp gladiator webpage to look up current location of their camps in Midlothian. It appears they are no longer running one at Creekside Church of Christ, or if they are I can find no evidence of it. For what it's worth, I wouldn't blame the church or CG for wanting it moved away.

http://ttdfw.campgladiator.com/locations/

Missy's death certainly created that.

(Snipped by me)

You definitely missed it. Her side of the family has been criticized on here for not speaking up... A number of times.

I must have. I saw where people were wondering where they were and why they weren't speaking out. I was too.
IMO they are wise. I look forward to justice for Missy and some sense of peace for them...

Gold's Gym, LA Fitness, the same. I think the people the give reviews on businesses are most likely the unhappy ones. Not always.. These memberships are a bugger to get out of... don't ask me how I know.

The difference being that the two you named are actual brick and mortar gyms. I really don't get the CG model. Not that I've exhaustively researched it, but it seems like you're paying to go be in an exercise class, outside. That's not such a big deal in itself, but why have a term to it at all? Why can't a person just quit whenever they want?

VICTIM: TERRI LEANN BEVERS
murdered at CoC in Midlothian, Texas

I understand the rules however, there is only 1 (one) victim here.

Justice for Missy. Pray for her daughters.

Remember, everyone is a suspect until murderer(s) are caught.

No, nobody needed to turn the first cop (Slaughter) in; he burned himself. He flubbed badly by trying to pawn locally the ECSO property room guns which were involved in a still-open burglary investigation, and so he was arrested within days of their opening an investigation on him:

Slaughter was arrested April 15. Once the ECSO realized Slaughter was involved, they asked the Texas Rangers to take over the investigation (investigating corruption is a big part of what they do). The Texas Rangers quickly discovered Slaughter's co-conspirator, Thomas Glen Smith, and arrested him on May 3.

So Missy didn't need to rat out anyone concerning stolen guns - the system set in place to recover stolen property when pawned did so. Why two people familiar with the system thought they could get away with this is curious, but that's besides the point. These two sealed their own fate - the guns came up as stolen property when pawned, and the pawn ticket had the first cop's name on it.

If Missy was targeted or killed for something she knew, I believe it was peripheral to the stolen guns. If she discovered illegal sales, it was far more likely, given her circles, that she would have discovered something about illegal steroid selling than any stolen ECSO property room guns. Normally such a revelation wouldn't be seen as dangerous knowledge. **But if that steroid use and selling was also tied in to stolen property room evidence (eg. steroids stored in the ECSO property room as evidence in drug busts), THEN her leaking that sort of illegal drug activity info might open up a dirty-cop can of worms about the stolen guns as well - a domino-effect.

Philip Gary Slaughter was in charge of the property room from October 2015 to November 2015. A search executed on his mobile home unearthed 17 guns as well as illegal steroids. If Slaughter and the other dirty cop (Smith) didn't see their arrest coming regarding the pawned guns, but discovered in April that someone had discovered illegal steroid use by one of their clients and was wrestling with reporting it, they (and whoever else might also be involved) might have serious incentive to shut her up - IF such a drug revelation would open up a more widespread LE and/or community leadership corruption in Ellis County, end their careers, send them to prison, and destroy their families' lives. Convicted cops do not fare well in prison.

The Texas Rangers' investigation into all this is still ongoing.

JMO, as usual.
Thank you for this lengthy detail. I threw my random thoughts out without explaining well. I meant the 4 dirty cops we are aware of to include those two as well as Jones and Singleton.

Respectfully BBM, I have seen this posted multiple times here at WS, but nothing in the MSM or on her FB from time I started following this case that said she was moving from Creekside. Do you have a like or know where it was said? Thanks (just asking not meaning to be snarky sounding)

Facebook (see below).

I know her 9am class was moved to new location. I haven't heard that the 5am was moving from any of the locals here . Hope this helps.

Yes, there was a FB post stating that her 9:00 class would be moving to a new location. IIRC, the text of that post has previously been shared here on WS.

My understanding is that MB put in long hours and was very dedicated to Camp Gladiators. I'd be there too for a chance to be an instructor with that kind of income. I'm not sure how it works but I seriously know ( from what I've read) people are not happy, when they are tied into a contract with the G.O. of camp gladiators. The contract sounds sticky with no one on the other end of the phone and their account is deducted the amount every month to no avail.If I did some more research, MB's role is based somewhat on a commission.

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Camp-Gladiator/reviews

orget about ever sleeping again, kiss family time goodbye - especially when you are starting up, have money saved up because you won't see any for quite a while in most situations, be all in or you won't last a minute

You are right, anyone who has ever started up a business knows this. Anyone who hasn't, finds out.
it takes way more that the business hours to get it up and running and it becomes your life.
IIRC BB has his own business, so he knew what it would take for Missy to get going.
She even carried then on her medical ins...

Wouldn't MIssy have been a go between for her class members if they had problems with
Billing etc? She would have known how to get in touch with the home office...I would think?
Are you thinking if a member was upset about their contract they may have taken that anger
out on Missy? I guess its plausible, not logical but here is always that one perp.

VICTIM: TERRI LEANN BEVERS
murdered at CoC in Midlothian, Texas

I understand the rules however, there is only 1 (one) victim here.

Justice for Missy. Pray for her daughters.

Remember, everyone is a suspect until murderer(s) are caught.

Frogs- I just messaged Tricia but it is late at night. "Victim friendly" site (WS) includes the family IIRC. They read and occasional post here- so it's a respect thing. I'm certain it was posted in this chain as a reminder but could not track it down. This is not FB. I hope Tricia clarifies it much better thanI could.

Here is the link and these reviews are coming out of Austin ( first review pasted here on WS indicates this program doesn't sit well non-social people, like me- and the 4th one pasted is saying more for younger people. That puts MB at a disadvantage because she was 45.) And yes, I work-out ( every day) The 4th review also says the program is not for injured people and the SP walked with a limp ( there's more on the link)

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Camp-Gladiator/reviews

My trainer was really nice but CG is just not for me. I agreed with other reviewers about being forced to partner up and chat with strangers... I get this is a group thing but I'm here to sweat, not socialize. In addition, I felt the work out was just... meh. I mean, we were squatting and deadlifting with hollow PVC pipes. I was dying for some weight. I work out 3x a week on my own, and I'm certainly not some fitness expert but the CG workout felt it was made for those just starting out on their fitness journey

Billing is a rip off, cancelation is a nightmare. there contract is within a contract they will keep on billing even after your time is up, until you to fill out a document to request cancelation. who does that this day and age? go to the GYM hire a trainer its cheaper or join the ARMY!

----------------------

flooded my inbox with emails. I couldn't make any of the camps in my area. asked to cancel my membership when I realized this was a bad fit. they said I HAVE to attend 10 classes in order to get a refund! Basically, since I can't make any of the camps in my area, I have to pay them. jacked up program and not friendly to new people.

---------------------

I do not usually wright negative reviews but my wife has been going back and fourth with camp gladiators bill department for several months. They are still trying to charge her account
monthly fees. She signed a 6 month contract and they trying to bill her for an entire year. they can not produce anything that shows that she signed a year long contract. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

-----------

Trainers are great. Lots of other parts of the experience leave a LOT to be desired. If you are looking for an affordable workout that has a lot of options to fit within your schedule, I'd recommend Daily Burn instead. MUCH cheaper, and FAR better.

1. Billing cycle makes no sense. They charge you on the same date every month, but run their workouts for 4 weeks on, 1 week off. And at Christmas/New Year's they take 2+ weeks off. So you are constantly being billed for times when you cannot attend classes. They should be billing everyone at the beginning of each 5-week cycle, but they don't.

2. You are asked to bear crawl across gravel parking lots, or get down in the grass and do push ups. I rarely leave class without at least 1 ant bite.

3. You are forced to partner up with random people, and switch partners multiple times during class. Not so bad, except that they force you to have awkward conversations with these people while trying to work out. I'm coming to get a good workout, not meet my new best friend.

4. They make you listen to a 5-minute sales pitch at the end of each class where the end goal is purely to try to get you to refer as many people as possible. It's like one of those dumb pyramid schemes.

5. They only care about people who refer multiple friends. You could go to class consistently 2-3 times/week for several months and no one will give you any recognition. But, refer 2 friends and they make a big deal about giving you a t-shirt in front of the whole class claiming you are "silver" level now. How about rewarding people who are loyal regardless?

6. If you ever have any issues, there is basically only 1 customer service rep who can actually help you. Anyone else who answers the phone or responds to your email is incompetent. And even when you get the 1 good person on the phone, they'll still only do about half of what they promise you they will during your conversation. I have spent 5 months trying to get overcharges on my account taken care of. As soon as I do I'm cancelling my membership.

----------------

I've been thinking about this review for a while. I'm currently about to finish my 4th or 5th camp (not consecutive- over the last few years) with CG and I have some mixed feelings:

The Good:
-There are a lot of time and place options. You can likely find one that works for you.
-They will push you harder than you would push yourself (especially at 6 am before you're even really awake).
-You will leave sweaty & feeling like you got a good workout.
-They offer Groupons a few times a year which is a good way to try it for cheap.
-They come up with fun games and are encouraging.

The Bad:
-It is not for all levels. I know they want it to be but it just isn't. If you are out of shape or injured it's obvious because you are the last one in all their drills. Which brings me to my next point..
-You will do a good amount of running. If you're not in shape to run, forget about it. Some classes are almost half running. If you can make yourself get up in the morning and run on your own don't waste your $$ here.
-They focus on how fast you can do exercises ("do as many burpees as you can in 2 minutes!"). Nobody cares about proper form or injury prevention.
-There's a big difference in the camp based on the trainer. I've had ones I like more than others for various reasons.
-They try to sell you crap all the time. They send tons of emails, texts, etc. trying to get you to "GO BOLD" and lock yourself in for a year of membership (which judging from other reviews is impossible to ever cancel). This is annoying since I like to switch stuff up and I only usually do CG when there's a Groupon and I convince myself it's a good idea again. They also try to get you to get all your friends to come, buy a mat, join a race, etc....
-Some camps (especially evening ones) people bring their kids and they can be distracting and make me feel like I'm in 3rd grade gym class. As far as I can tell they don't discourage you from bringing your kids but it took away from my experience.
-You do the same things all the time. They are: running, burpees, planks, v-ups, push ups, squat jumps, jump lunges. That is pretty much all with some small variations.
-They are (or maybe were?) religious. This was more in the first few camps I did but it probably depends on the trainer. I don't want bible study with my workout.

Sigh I guess that is all my feelings. I think it's a good thing to do if you're in decent shape and you're trying to switch it up. There's no way I'd get locked into CG for a long period of time though and clearly I get annoyed for various reasons after each camp and don't go back for another year.

I was born in the South and there is a direct way of making comments that to the average ear would never seem disdainful but to someone who grew up hearing the art of dressing someone down with honey-eyed words, I can spot it a mile away. Just like telling someone "Bless your heart". The innocent would thank the person saying it, those of us who grew up learning the language and speech would instantly know that it was a dig. Some Southern women can skillfully be so sweet talking while they are really dripping with venom. I've gone through the Media thread trying to find a couple of statements from MT and believe me her finely veiled comments about the crock pot meals the family ate due to MB schedule, working out and all and other statements said honey-eyed were really, IMO, showing a dislike for all the time that MB spent on her passion for working out. You have to grow up learning this skill, believe me. Absolutely nothing wrong with crock pot meals, wonderful way to cook good meals when you have a very full schedule.

http://www.people.com/article/texas-...husband-speaks
Just a little sample:

"She'd gone to Austin for a Camp Gladiator meeting, so I took Brandon in for minor surgery," she recalls.

"But Tucker has mixed feelings about Camp Gladiator, noting that she doesn't even like to say the name. Asked why, she replies, "I guess because it took so much of her life, and then it took her life." "
I am so glad you posted this. I remember back when there was a lot of discussion about CT and how "she's not from around here". <--That particular statement, somewhat common, is all about the inflection, the tone, or as you point out said with enough honey to make a bee sick but with a glance, or uplifted eyebrow. "She's not from around here" could mean she in fact is not from around here, did not play in the sandbox together, all the way through school and prom, into connections in adult life; or it could be a particularly venomous comment on the person's lifestyle or choices, nuanced so very cleverly for the intended listener. (CT is from Arlington, and is thoroughly "Texan").

I am so glad you posted this. I remember back when there was a lot of discussion about CT and how "she's not from around here". <--That particular statement, somewhat common, is all about the inflection, the tone, or as you point out said with enough honey to make a bee sick but with a glance, or uplifted eyebrow. "She's not from around here" could mean she in fact is not from around here, did not play in the sandbox together, all the way through school and prom, into connections in adult life; or it could be a particularly venomous comment on the person's lifestyle or choices, nuanced so very cleverly for the intended listener. (CT is from Arlington, and is thoroughly "Texan").

I really don't get the southern speak- so to speak- since I'm north of the Mason Dixon line. I'm a Yankee. But now, live in a different state.

You are right, anyone who has ever started up a business knows this. Anyone who hasn't, finds out.
it takes way more that the business hours to get it up and running and it becomes your life.
IIRC BB has his own business, so he knew what it would take for Missy to get going.
She even carried then on her medical ins...

Wouldn't MIssy have been a go between for her class members if they had problems with
Billing etc? She would have known how to get in touch with the home office...I would think?
Are you thinking if a member was upset about their contract they may have taken that anger
out on Missy? I guess its plausible, not logical but here is always that one perp.

Well, they just ended it, if it was a client- so we'll never know. They eliminated the problem and we have no idea what it was ( if it was an exerciser). There are liability issues that I have more concerns with really. It not like she was having these exercises in her front yard and her house insurance wuld take care of the liabilities ( that's not going to happen anyway) it was at the church grounds for number one.

This was jsut a bad deal all over. Anyway you look at it. I feel the worst for LE, special divisions, FBI and everyone else involved in solving this mess.

Is it just me, or for some of the rest of you, is it not mind-blowingly-bizarre how MB's mother-in-law has somehow become a target for suspicion, over the course of a number of pages here?

Suspicion of what? There have been comments on how she has talked about Missy. No one has implied that she was involved in Missy's
murder that I've seen..
I said I thought she made several passive aggressive comments, I also think she knew some of what went on between BB & Missy.
That may be why she seems kinda angry with Missy...hence her comments..or maybe it was just because she found out too about those texts.

When I think about it, I really can't blame her in a way. Dealing with the loss and finding out hurtful info has to be rough.
These are merely observations, nothing more.

I don't think she had anything to do with Missy's death.

:thinking: Wonder if this Unit did more than help with the Crime Scene Reconstruction ...

FORT WORTH
Digital evidence collected from cellphones, laptops and cameras is proving to be increasingly helpful in finding, arresting and prosecuting criminals.

Likewise, the evidence can also help clear a person accused in crimes, said Kyle Gibson, an investigator with the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

“If you give me a phone and I don’t know who the phone belongs to, I can find out who owns the phone, his banking information, where he lives, his contacts, his Wi-Fi locations, where he’s been, just about everything about him,” said Kendall Novak, who conducts cell phone analysis for the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

The unit’s investigators process trial evidence from data storage devices, make hard-to-hear audio files audible, enhance police video for clarity and recover deleted material from computers and other devices.

“I’ve had search warrants written from pictures I’ve found on the phones of drug dealers,” Novak said. “They have the latitude and longitude turned on when they take the picture and it will lead right to where the drugs are stored.”

The unit was started in 2000 as computers and cell phones became a part of everyday life, Gibson said. Investigators once concentrated on economic crimes and then child exploitation cases, but now nearly every case has a video or digital component that yields important clues, Gibson said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article22554075.html#storylink=cpy

I really don't get the southern speak- so to speak- since I'm north of the Mason Dixon line. I'm a Yankee. But now, live in a different state.

It's more of an age thing anyway. Poster was saying MB's MIL was not implying that her expression wasn't insinuating that CT, "wasn't from around here", really meant that she was from one county over and still just as "Texas".

It means - clarity of speak. ( clarity of speech) Confirmation and re-iterating what was said, then taking the time to do it. Education, Affirmation, Clarification

Maybe MB side the family chooses to remain quite, possibly for reasons they have suspicion of the SwatPerp. I hope if the case starts to go cold, they will come forward with some information and ask for help from the public. Pleas from her side of the family may generate possible suspect/s to come forward. JMO

I keep thinking of the Morgan Farrington case that went cold until the Perp killed again. &#63021;

Prayers for the Missy Bevers family

You mean Morgan Harrington I presume?

I get get the sense the MIL is grief stricken. Everybody reacts different by grief and emotions usually come out different as well.

I don't disagree. We've talked about this before, but I can also add my experience. My mother died of a disease that was terminal, but her companion blamed the doctors and all the medicines she had to take. That didn't make much sense but I didn't call him on it because I knew he just needed somewhere to put his grief. And that's why I understand MT's anger at CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz