TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the other events-strength needed for door bashing etc but women do have good planning skills which def were at work here.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I'm an old bat and I could pull it off.....lol. JMO

It's the other events-strength needed for door bashing etc but women do have good planning skills which def were at work here.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

After looking at the pictures PIM posted of the fireman, I still think the SwatPerp is male. I know there's plenty of firewomen but that takes alot of arm strength. I'm not degrading females, cause I'm one lol. JMO

And may have even expected that the actual killing would be captured on camera....but still would not be identifiable because of the costume. If the killing HAD been caught on camera, we would probably be just as perplexed. The motions may have said more about perp, but not necessarily....possibly a better idea of gender. LE said that perp did not disturb cameras, so obviously they were not worried about the cameras. JMO

Well, I don't hold to the first sentence of your post because of my belief this was a botched B&E. I don't think perp intended to encounter anyone, nor did he think anyone would try very hard to solve his crime because it wasn't intended to be murder - just B&E with vandalism and (perhaps) theft.

Perp IMHO entered on the N side. I'd be interested to know if there were any signs in the kitchen of fridges and pantries being gone thru? I still think he entered on the N side because it was unseen from the road, but that just happened to be the kitchen. I think he spent who knows how long there looking for something to eat.

Then he happened to work his way slowly toward the S side, and that is where he happened to be when she arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And may have even expected that the actual killing would be captured on camera....but still would not be identifiable because of the costume. If the killing HAD been caught on camera, we would probably be just as perplexed. The motions may have said more about perp, but not necessarily....possibly a better idea of gender. LE said that perp did not disturb cameras, so obviously they were not worried about the cameras. JMO

I think that makes sense. This SP thought it would be filmed. At least now I can see a motivation for dressing up that way and not giving a dam* what anyone saw (except for SP's identity... a sick motivation... but a motivation just the same. I think this murder took place to sadistically hurt and punish someone else other than MB. (Not as the sole motivation because they wanted MB dead, too... but as an added "bonus" someone else gets a world of hurt thrown at them.) All jmo.

You make a good point. SP is not dressed correctly for a robbery and then again, not dressed correctly for a murder either. A person could dress to disguise themselves and shoot MB in the back as she walked by down the hall. There really was no reason MB had to know she was in danger and about to be murdered. I haven't thought this all the way through but, is it possible that one of the objectives to accomplish that night was to be seen on camera which was the major motivating factor for using the church at all? The only reason I can see for wearing that SWAT-thing is because it REALLY does hide who is wearing it in spite of all the video obtained. Was that the motivation for wearing it? Objective: Be filmed and be in perfect disguise. It's almost like a cruel taunting aimed towards someone. For me, something is just not right... something is off with this whole picture. I see no need and no good reason for going to all this "trouble" and danger of being caught to kill someone. She could have been shot the moment she got out of her car in the car port if someone simply wanted her dead... and had no other objective than just that alone. Unless, the person is really much weaker than he/she knew MB was (?)

I can definitely see why LE was so baffled by what the SP was doing in that church. jmo His motive for being in the church is the underpinning of the whole case. jmo. occurs to me that the SP' likely did not dress up like that with an intent to scare MB...if that was his goal, there are for sure scarier costumes he could have selected. And it's so bizarre that he looked straight at the camera, and kept right on going. jmo

Do you know when/where LE said there was no video of the perp after the attack?

Yes, it was when the search warrant for Missy's cell phone and iPad was released...I'd guess reported in more than one news article, but the one I read was from Waxahachie Daily Light (4 May 2016):

A search warrant for Bever's cell phone and iPad was released Tuesday evening and included more details..."

The video does not show the attack or the suspect after the attack, the release said."

http://tinyurl.com/hpsawfk

Pardon me if this has been discussed already. Has anyone here considered the possibility that this was a racial hate crime? Maybe a bigot thought the victim was having an extramarital relationship with a man of another race and was so offended by that idea that he or she became violent over it. The FBI, Texas Rangers and ATF all have an interest in investigating hate crimes, among others. Perhaps something was left at the scene that indicated such a motive? We don't know what was left at the scene, as far as I know. Random speculation.

Apparently, it rained very hard on the night of the crime. That made it extra challenging to break in, clean up/ dry off, and not leave identifiable foot/finger prints or motor vehicle prints. Would be much easier to do this on a dry night.

So why did the crime happen that specific day? Did it have to happen that morning????? Is it because BB AND RB were both out of town? Since BB away, the children were alone? Older daughter would have to stay home to babysit rather that participate in class? Revenge for Austin weekend affair? Rumor MB had retained Austin attorney (at some point) and had to stop her before filed for divorce/relayed illegal or damaging info/ filed harassment restraint?

Why SP dressed that way? He is a cop so had outfit at home. Prevent ID by cops for theft crime vs murder. MB and lover who liked to role play- and she would think this was her lover allowing SP to get close. MB would think real cop and allow SP to get close.

Makes little sense that SP dressed up like that so that MB would be lured into trusting him. jmo LE said that she was ambushed. She may well never have even seen him if he hit her head from behind. jmo what was he doing there that night ?

It really is confusing, because there are actually two different responses made by the MPD about whether the perp was seen or not after the attack. We talked about this a lot at the beginning of this thread, in fact (see page 5). In the first presser - the day of her murder - Spann seemed to say perp was seen "walking down the hallway" and said that presumably SP left the same way he entered. But in the same breath he admitted they weren't actually sure of the point of exit--there was "no evidence." Then later on there were firm MPD statements that 1) there was no video of the attack or any interaction between MB and SP, and 2) there was no video of SP after the attack. In 30 threads we haven't been able to resolve those conflicting statements, except to acknowledge that we are of split opinion concerning if SP was seen going anywhere after the attack.

At the initial 4/18 press conference, as Spann fielded reporters' questions on this, he spoke in incomplete phrases, and said "and again" referencing his previous response -- which was that they were still putting together and trying to order all the footage they'd just gotten hold of that same day. So, just my take (expressed on page 5 of this thread), but it's possible Spann wasn't as sure on the day of her murder as he is now concerning whether or not there is footage of SP after the attack. IOW, (my interpretation), answering that SP was seen walking the hallway, but due to still ordering the clips, couldn't be sure if that was before or after the murder, nor was there any "evidence" as to his exit (only a presumption).

If you study the highlighted portion in the screenshot below of the 4/18 press conference transcription by WS member Galadriel, you can see Spann's answers in context to the media questions. To me it appeared to be a very speculative response (which was understandable for the day of the murder). So in the end, until we're told the confirming facts, it appears to boil down to personal opinion on how each of us wants to reconcile the conflicting statements:

attachment.php

Source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95546&d=1464467808

"Speculation on our part that he BROKE THE WINDOW..." BBM
JMO

To me, the next question to ask is how did SP know about the cameras and where to enter? It seems to indicate a specific knowledge about this church and its workings..I don't know offhand, but that all is where I would look...

OR what if the SP already had a key? Smashed the doors and did damage as a red herring? The card slot (which the card is a key imho) might keep track of time of entry swipes hence the need to break in the kitchen door..

Easy to make a duplicate key if you live with someone who has one. Do it while they're sleeping.

Have always believed that the person in the video is a late teens male. How would a woman like MB have any connection with a teen guy who she had apparently made angry enough to brutally kill her ? Or was he not connected to her at all ?

It doesn't look at all like a teen to me. Looks like an old guy or overweight woman, based on body type and how it moves.

Where are the bloody footprints? You know there must have been some. Maybe that was part of the clean up and maybe LE isn't showing public those clips.

"Speculation on our part that he BROKE THE WINDOW..." BBM
JMO

Speculation that he broke the [door] window and was able to reach in and open the door with that maneuver. At this point LE was still ascertaining how, exactly, he entered and exited. Here's the whole paragraph in context:

"And again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken."

BBM

The link has the full (lengthy) document: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...6&d=1464467808

I'm thinking SP broke extra windows and doors solely for the purpose of cluttering up the crime scene with extraneous clues. The random wandering on camera (which filming he was aware of) and vandalism is another example of clue clutter.

It seems almost as if SP is at least somewhat familiar with how LE reads a crime scene. JMO.

If you are replying to a post, please use the Reply With Quote option, otherwise it is hard to follow the conversation. Thanks!!!

Thank you!

Yes, it's always really good to establish context in posts, and nothing is better than being able to quote the source directly, so that everyone knows to what exactly you're responding.

To add to this, it's pretty easy to edit the post you reply to get to the heart of the matter. Just delete whatever is not on point between the text that's between the block quotes. And be sure to add something like 'RSBM' (respectfully snipped by me) to your post.

Also, if you want to reply to a number of posts at once, there is a button at the far right bottom of posts that looks like quotation marks in a text bubble with a plus sign beside it. How you use that is to press that button beside the posts you want to multi-quote, except for the last one -- and for the last one, hit the 'reply with quote' link.

Context is so important, and I know that so many people want to do this stuff, but how to do it isn't always clear. Just experiment a bit. Everyone here wants to know what the context of your post is.

Well, I don't hold to the first sentence of your post because of my belief this was a botched B&E. I don't think perp intended to encounter anyone, nor did he think anyone would try very hard to solve his crime because it wasn't intended to be murder - just B&E with vandalism and (perhaps) theft.

Perp IMHO entered on the N side. I'd be interested to know if there were any signs in the kitchen of fridges and pantries being gone thru? I still think he entered on the N side because it was unseen from the road, but that just happened to be the kitchen. I think he spent who knows how long there looking for something to eat.

Then he happened to work his way slowly toward the S side, and that is where he happened to be when she arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only two places off-camera in the SW were the vestibule & restroom. She walked to where the perp was at it what LE said, so the attack was in the vestibule or restroom.
It couldn't be vestibule because police were walking through that area. So missy unexpectedly caught perp off-guard in the bathroom
?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member