TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest Firearms sporting goods store is the store a half mile down the highway from CofC. The store where the Nissan was parked for a few minutes. SWFA had a youtube channel with several videos taken from their surveillance cameras. It showed how their cameras were so powerful they could video customers counting money in their vehicles, shoplifting, etc. LE even used their videos to see if they could spot the perp shopping there in the days before the murder. The videos were quite remarkable and led to much discussion on previous threads. But for some reason, they've taken their videos down. The timing and reason is curious.

ETA: I found them! The addy I had bookmarked changed I guess. Also the SWFA facebook youtube link is broken and their store video link is empty, so recent changes have been made. Here they are for reference purposes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkY7BmnIEkrSAlxXTiaLig/videos

this video gives a daytime view from ssfa parking lot towards th church. The videos are very high quality as stated.

https://youtu.be/x8otfKXGMgQ

There's some speculation that LE saw perps car.

BBM . . .Police said they saw no interaction between Bevers and the suspect on camera. They say they may have captured the suspect's car on video but they do not have enough information to reveal any more details to the public.

'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-coach.html

Aside from that with the rain, it would have been very unsafe to be on a motorcycle.

There is another possibility...that this is an accomplice's car, but that suspect was dropped off, and accomplice and car did not hang around. Leaving suspect to escape on foot (or via bike/motorbike hidden north of the church property). Personally, I'm leaning toward exit on foot northward along the creek line.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyQLS View Post
Thanks, Razz (and many other posters). I think I have my head wrapped around that theory now. I can also understand why there are unlinked reports that the campers, once they got up under the awning, could see MB through the glass in that vestibule area. So SP prepped the vestibule by propping open the interior door(s), then SP was lying in wait in the vestibule while MB went around to the main west side high overhang doors, SP knowing MB would enter and then would come down the main hallway to those vestibule doors to exit back to her truck. This theory reinforces targeted for murder and not a burglary because SP could have just pushed those doors and exited himself instead of lying in wait. This contradicts the LE supposition that the SP exited the way they had entered (NE), or contradicts that SP was never seen on camera again (would have gone down some hallway with a camera). I wonder if the dogs were able to track SP's path (LE had no comment on whether the dogs gave any repsonses iirc).

Can anyone see in the upper glass of the propped open interior vestibule door (at mark 1:48) - what is that, a reflection?

I agree with your theory, but have two questions and would like the input of others. It was reported that she was found with shards of glass around her. Where in the vestibule would the glass come from? The doors?
Also, do you think Missy would have reacted strangely to seeing the inner doors propped open? I take everything that LE says very literally, and don't assume what they do not say is true. So they said they don't have video of the attack, but I wonder if they have video of Missy acting strangely before she encounters SP? If I were approaching some doors that are never open and they were propped open, I would probably look noticeably concerned.

Respectfully BBM

1) Only place I have seen "shards of glass" is here at WS, where Cannonball and others were speaking of those words. Not from MPD or SW. ** and I am not so sure anymore if the broken glass on the floor was literally around MB, but on the floor maybe in the area of MB. But here is the Official Press Release saying glass was on floor around the female.. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272 As this was, as was the SW Affidavits, a summary of the events. There was NO broken glass windows at that area where the entrance/exit of building from the Covered Awning area where MB parked her truck. None was boarded up and none shown busted that nights news report from that very area April 18.
Snip Chief Carl Smith, April 18, 2016 Press Conf:
This morning,at approximately 5:00 A.M., Midlothian officers and EMS were dispatched to an unresponsive person ––to the Creekside Church in the 5400 block of East Highway 287. Midlothian officers arrived at the location just after fire department [sic] and medics arrived on the scene, and the medics were attending an unresponsive female as officers entered the church. The officers observed a lot of glass, broken glass, on the floor, and the female ––as well as the female. They started to search the building [to] make sure there were no other individuals in the facility. During the search the officers found evidence of forced entry into the building, indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and nobody was found. After that, the victim was pronounced deceased by Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody, and officers at the scene located evidence, again, of forced entry. The victim was identified as Terri Bever, 45 years of age, from Midlothian, Texas.The victim was transported [to]Dallas County MedicalExaminer's Office

2) JMHO for the Suspect to have propped that door open, 1- when did Suspect do that? First seen on camera at ten til 4 (3:50 am) Was seen coming from the NW area of building at time stamp of 3:58am - walking towards those doors *** DISCLAIMER, we do not know how the edits align up with real time*** So there is NO WAY for us to know when those doors were propped open.

3) Why would CID Captain Spann say they speculated that the Suspect left out the same way came in and went on to say the busted metal door?

Female Reporter:And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann:Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

Link to Transcription by Galadriel and April 18, 2016 Press Conf Video http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838
JMHO

Regarding the tempered glass point... Would those doors from the awning entrance be made of tempered glass? Where a struggle of broken glass in that entryway could have been?

I always assumed that the broken glass would have been bathroom mirrors, but curious about the doors?

ETA: or where a gun shot could have also broken the glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, per code (per my Fam member who makes a living knowing and checking for mistakes and TX code violations) those doors would be made of tempered or safety glass. No sharp shards of glass when broken.

However, I've not read reports of shards of glass at the crime scene...only that there was "broken glass."

this video gives a daytime view from ssfa parking lot towards th church. The videos are very high quality as stated.

https://youtu.be/x8otfKXGMgQ

Thank you. VERY high quality. I would think cameras of such quality would have captured a clear view of the license plate of that Nissan.
And after seeing the hallways and understanding what leads where in the church, it's hard to believe the cameras there recorded no part of SP's attack on MB. Unless it occurred in a restroom. IMO.

This is also PoirityinMotion's theory as well. However, and this makes sense, PoirityinMotion
feels ( or did feel) that MB got bopped before she could unlock the SW inside doors so she wouldn't be able to escape.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

To clarify, I simply feel that she got immobilzed imediately in the vestibule...not that she was locked in. My current train of thought is that there's a good chance that those doors probably 'unlocked' when she used the key or master code to enter the church, so that she could then pass through them when going back out to haul in the equipment. (I don't think there's a key hole or keypad just inside those SW exterior doors. It makes better sense that the whole thing operates on a system which unlocks the fire doors from the inside once the building's unlocked each morning. They would still be locked from the outside, but per code panic hardware would need to be operable from the inside once someone is officially in the building.)

NIN! Thank you! You just helped tremendously in understanding the entire scene. Terrific job!
Having similar thoughts to cfreyja23 about glass at the scene. Is it possible the shards of glass were from restroom mirror?

Respectfully BBM, MPD has not said shards of glass anywhere, that I am aware of. Only at WS. JMHO

A Google search for tactical helmets brought up this image. Looks like what the SP had on to me.
attachment.php

yep....Me too!

NIN posted another photo of that door propped open here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-30&p=12660313#post12660313

JMO is that the sort of door set so that if you push lightly to open, it will close behind you; but if you push it harder it props itself in the open position? or with a little metal and rubber foot at the bottom?
I think you are probably right on a mechanism that props it open. I'm just confused or its over my head lol or I need rest or all of the above. Looks like one set is propped after crime from newscast post event. But the first one was between SP video and MB murder, right?

I searched a little on OSHA and fire codes. For most part I believe these large commercial buildings require exit doors to include pushbars and must be able to push open from the inside regardless of outside lock status during regular business hours. One site had info that side entrances were locked with deadbolts outside of business hours.

When you first see the perp on the MPD video, he's halfway down the hall walking away from the camera, and his hand is on wall, which hallway is that?
Oh, I see the pic just above my post...

Respectfully SBM

3) Why would CID Captain Spann say they speculated that the Suspect left out the same way came in and went on to say the busted metal door?

Link to Transcription by Galadriel and April 18, 2016 Press Conf Video http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838
JMHO

Frankly, it sounds like to me that at this point and time (within hours of her murder), Spann had no idea how SP left. This statement was from Q & A on that first Monday afternoon presser. When he says "presumably he left the same way he came in," to me that indicates Spann was conjecturing or throwing out a possibility, because there was no evidence found that morning that SP had left by any particular way (door or window).

I say this because this is an off-the-cuff reply to a reporter's question, but this casual, self-interrupting reply is later negated by a formal statement at a later presser that they have no video recording of SP after the murder.

Seeing this, I don't for one second think LE does not know who's Altima nor its involvement.

Agree. We all can see that LE has made sure that the license plate number was invisible to our eyes.

Because a person isn't going to drive around all night with their license plate covered. Jmo

What age is the oldest daughter - I think this is a male teenager in the video. JMO

NIN, so glad you posted this photo. There are so many things to observe. A very raw inaccurate guess would be that each door is at least 3' wide and glass to either side is at least 3' wide = 3' X 4 = 12 feet width. That round design on the floor would then be about 6' diameter, so the entry depth would be no less than that 6 feet. Total space 12' X 6' meaning only that it is quite a bit of space, enough for a struggle/murder. In the right side, that looks like a wheelchair, too, perhaps folded sideways. Also on the right side is a bit of wall. Mimi(?) told us before that there had been a remodel of the porte cochere vestibule, perhaps that wall is structural and needed to remain. Anyway, that wall could also provide cover for the SP to hide/surprise MB: SP standing in the absolute right bottom corner (of our photo view) behind wall as MB walks from the main hallway right through that propped door into the vestibule, and no one in the covered awning/parking lot to see the action.

Attachments

• church porte coch interiordoor vest.jpg
    church porte coch interiordoor vest.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 40
I agree with this as my thought too but how did SP escape camera for attack and leaving since this proves camera covering the door area? Just outside the doors?

If I'm understanding your question correctly (?), an attack inside the vestibule would escape the interior building cameras mounted in the halls, because those cams are trained down the length of the halls, not pointed into the vestibule (see Batbrat's colorful diagram upthread).

The outside camera 'covering the door area' was not functioning - none of the exterior cams were.

What age is the oldest daughter - I think this is a male teenager in the video. JMO

She is high school age, though as a minor, she is off limits for discussion.

For what it's worth, I also think it's a male teenager.

Bat, still working on that one. I am waiting to see if we have confirmed double doors on the SE corner of the building. Trying to find those doors in a pic then.
Arkansasmimi is placing romm # 2 in the Main entry area/ welcome area of the church. Either there is a second hallway, or room #2 is somewhere else (SE corner perhaps?)

Can you measure the width of the hallways please? ;--) Thanks.

-Nin
JUST MY OPINION
IF you look at the bulletins from the church, they state that the Nursery is Room 2. If you also look at the various VBS photos, you will see one photo where you can see "cub corner" area from a different angle. Also,if you look at the VBS photos, these are the ones where they are making look like trees in that Front Glass Entrance. Zoom in and you can see where they have place "vines" over the hallway that I am talking about just prior to the classroom door that the Suspect open by the bulletin boards. I call it a classroom, because it has window in the door as the other rooms have. The door that the suspect "tried" to open did not, nor did the door beside/at corner of Holy Grounds. JMHO those 2 are storage rooms possibly.

ETA: I am told that there is a rear workers entrance to the baby room. Parents drop off babies at front where see the CUB CORNER wording in VBS photos. I am also told that the 2 yr old toddler rooms is in that front area as well as a room for Nursing Mothers.

I made variety of posts and my theory of other rooms with links.
JMHO Dutch Door Room http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12621949#post12621949

Interesting phone from ROOM 8 & youth group Breakaway Student Ministries http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12621959#post12621959

Thinking room where Suspect MAY have came out and reasons why with photos and links (or at least at that moment time lol) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12621973#post12621973

^^ From Breakaway Student Ministries page (links and photos) to back up why my theory http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12622000#post12622000

SS and links my :thinking: possibly cameras in rooms http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12622044#post12622044

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member