TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense to me as well, Batbrat. But I sort of question why they would rent a car the night before they are going to get on a boat? I know I'm missing something though?

On second thought, maybe the friend already had rented a car to drive down, perhaps they lived closer or didn't want to fly. And he offered to drive BB back home in his rented car. Maybe possible ?

A botched rape.....that's a real possibility. I haven't considered that until just now and IMO it could be. Good one!

After thinking about it being a botched rape a little longer I'm not sure. I think the swat gear was for disguise, protection, luring MB and to minimize DNA so, I'm changing my mind and I no longer think rape was part of the plan or crime.

Yep....I've always thought it's a male too. I can't get my mind to go towards a female perp no matter how hard I try.

I know what you mean, but that female style stance nags at me.

A botched rape.....that's a real possibility. I haven't considered that until just now and IMO it could be. Good one!

If a hit is off the table it might be another type of stranger stalker crime. Someone obsessed with her or randomly picked her.

Those of us who have followed cases on WS for years, or just crime in general, have learned, sometimes to our surprise, sometimes not for us cynics, that many, many murders are personal, and committed and/or planned by someone very close to the victim with something to gain, be it freedom, child custody, life insurance, revenge and/or any combo of these motives. And often (just watch enough ID channel shows) the crime appears initially to be a "random break-in", "home invasion gone bad" "gun went off accidently" etc, etc, etc...only to find out a spouse, partner or other person well known to the victim was the killer or had hired one.
Jmo

Here is the potential problem I have with that approach, IMHO. It leads to starting out with a theory and then searching for evidence that could fit that theory - and discounting evidence that does not support it.

When LE takes this approach, innocent people are often convicted. That's why good LE goes wherever the evidence takes them.

I would submit that from what we are learning, LE is moving away from the family and even moving away from targeting in general. That's where the evidence seems to be leading them. Maybe that's where it should be leading us, too? Just food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is MBs side of the family?! I don't recall ever reading anything about them...

My personal feeling is that their silent grief is more genuine than grief displayed openly via multiple media interviews. JMO and no doubt affected by my own bias as an introvert.

I agree Cannonball, I think MPD's latest statements are showing a moving away from focusing on the idea she was targeted and expressing that they are still open-minded.

Here is the potential problem I have with that approach, IMHO. It leads to starting out with a theory and then searching for evidence that could fit that theory - and discounting evidence that does not support it.

When LE takes this approach, innocent people are often convicted. That's why good LE goes wherever the evidence takes them.

I would submit that from what we are learning, LE is moving away from the family and even moving away from targeting in general. That's where the evidence seems to be leading them. Maybe that's where it should be leading us, too? Just food for thought.

Maybe. But many times, LE 's silence has meant that they indeed been focused on an "obvious" suspect the whole time, with good reason, not just stats. We have been surprised in the past to llearn that LE had money trails, text messages, etc all along.

Maybe. But many times, LE 's silence has meant that they indeed been focused on an "obvious" suspect the whole time, with good reason, not just stats. We have been surprised in the past to llearn that LE had money trails, text messages, etc all along.

Johnson just said point blank in the People interview that they do NOT have a specific suspect. I guess some can say LE is committing subterfuge even when they're stating that it isn't. I take what he said at face value.

I know what you mean, but that female style stance nags at me.

What stands out for me is the perps head/neck and how it's held out and forward. I've never noticed a female with that before, but I have noticed it on males.

Exactly, they lost their beloved family member, their daughter, their sister, Missy. What could they possibly be expected to say ?

I don't expect them to be all out in the media or anything, but just to say she was a good person and will be loved and missed? Or they hope they catch the murderer? something along those lines? Idk just seemed strange there's nothing being said from anyone, originally I had thought KS was from her side and was kinda representing MBs family, but then I found out she wasn't so struck me as odd...

what a great post, thankyou!

but i was confused on one thing. why do we think BB was in (or needed to be in) Shreveport by 11:30am?

to make it to Ovilla by 3pm. BB said that is what time he arrived home.

More thoughts on RB as a possible collaborator. I know his alibi has checked out. Yet even so, as Mainely16 and others have pointed out, his behavior -especially during the interview about the bloody shirt - is just odd. He's smiling, appears to be posturing, and also seems gratified in a way about the whole bloody shirt situation. One thing imparticular that I found a little disturbing was his response when being interviewed at the 1:17 mark, in the link below. He is slightly shaking his head (as if saying no) while he says, "You better believe it!" 3 times!!! Did anyone else have the same reaction I did?

[video=youtube;ICfVJ4yIHcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs[/video]

Regardless of guilt or innocence in MB's murder, I think shirtgate was a game they played on the public and maybe even LE and I can only smh at it.

Regardless of what camp you're in - why do you think the "targeted by family" camp is so popular?

OK -- just responding to why it is so 'popular', I would submit that because many people believe that BB, as a male spouse, must be the most likely suspect. But because it's untenable to suggest that he was himself the SP, the culpability must be with someone close to him.

MOO - LE stopped throwing bones out for us to chew on when things on social media started to get out of hand and began interfering with their job to solve this case. After that they tried to do damage control with minimal updates and saying that the family and people listed on the SW's are no longer being focused on.

You have made your point. Maybe we should let the Mods control the content of the forums?

Johnson just said point blank in the People interview that they do NOT have a specific suspect. I guess some can say LE is committing subterfuge even when they're stating that it isn't. I take what he said at face value.

I think it's hard to say. Sometimes LE do say something that turns out to not be true, however that doesn't mean that what they said at the time wasn't their official position at that time. Things change though (e.g. Deorr Kunz)

But taking what they've said -
Family aren't suspects, but nor has anyone been eliminated.
There is a possibility it was an "untargeted hit".

That leaves the case pretty open from what I understand. I don't think they would outright lie about their being no suspect at this time, and about them going back to looking at it being possibly untargeted. I think it means they're looking everywhere and at everyone, which is great. Better than them having tunnel vision.

That doesn't mean they might not have gut feelings about who did it as individuals, but I believe that officially it's still all on the table at this time.

OK -- just responding to why it is so 'popular', I would submit that because many people believe that BB, as a male spouse, must be the most likely suspect. But because it's untenable to suggest that he was himself the SP, the culpability must be with someone close to him.

Agree totally. SP is neither RB nor BB, IMO. Doesn't mean it's impossible that they're connected to MB's murder or that they had no prior knowledge, but neither of them are SP imo.

Demeanor - so by rule, we are unable to observe the demeanor of an unidentified subject. We can't sleuth them or else it's very difficult to do so. So we focus our energies on those we CAN more easily sleuth, like family - whose names we can know and whose sound bites we can dissect.

Motive - has there been a great motive advanced to go along with target by family? Not life insurance money. Not a divorce in process. Not a current affair that we know of. So what's the compelling motive?

Means - by means you're talking about method/opportunity? Seems like pretty much anybody could take a hammer and go break into a rural location and kill someone. That doesn't say to me, "She could have only been killed by someone she knew".

And let me ask this question. If someone broke into that church specifically to kill someone, wouldn't they make a beeline for the area where they plan to do the kill, so they can rehearse it so to speak in their heads, do a walk-thru, etc? Why break in, spend several minutes in the kitchen on the opposite end of where you need to be, then casually make your way SW with no sense of urgency whatsoever when you can't be sure what time she's going to arrive?

I couldn't decide if I actually wanted to reply, but here you go.

1) Demeanor - You are absolutely right that we cannot comment on the demeanor of an unsub. However, we can comment of the demeanor of any person listed in the SW, and from what I have seen, the in-laws collective demeanor is not consistent with a grieving family. First, you have RB gloating over and laughing about dog blood four days after his son's wife was brutally murdered. Then, you have KS talking about MB's affairs, and MT is no better. There have been numerous comments about how this affects MT, KS, RB, BB and so forth, but there is very little talk of MB and what her life meant. You also have numerous examples of peculiar comments that don't really seem to add up. When taken as a whole, the behavior is suspicious.

2) Motive - You have a husband and wife suffering from "martial and financial" problems. That is motive enough IMO. There are several other possible motives as well, but those cannot be mentioned here due to TOS. You can sleuth those on your own. On top of that, we don't know that life insurance wasn't a factor. We don't know that a divorce wasn't in the works. As for the potential current affair that you reference, we don't know all of the details. We know that MB was currently exchanging familiar and flirtatious emails with at least one member of the opposite sex. There are also other people listed in the SWs who are likely there for questionable relationships with both MB and BB. However, we don't know the exact nature of those relationships so speculation is the best we can do.

3) Means - You are absolutely right about other people having the means so kill MB, but that doesn't change the fact that the people close to Missy also had the means! Also, I believe that this was a plot that involved two or more people. Since so many people close to MB (not just BB) had motive to kill her, it's not a stretch to think that they would plot together to make it happen. I am not sure why you jumped to the conclusion that this means that Missy "could have only [emphasis added by me] been killed by someone she knew." In fact, I don't think that at all. However, with the limited information that we have (combined with the information we are allowed to share on WS), that is my top theory at the moment. Of course, if more compelling data is brought to my attention, I will happily consider it. Having said that, my list of potential plotters is not limited to the people listed in the SWs; it's just that the TOS prevent me from mentioning the others.

With the facts that I have at my disposal, a targeted hit by someone close to MB is far more likely and logical than a perp dressed in tactical gear who killed because he/she wanted a sandwich at a church in the middle of the night. JMO

If you are asking why SP didn't go to the SW corner immediately, it's because he knew he had time. SP was prepared and knew MB would not be arriving for several minutes. SP only went to the SW corner close to when MB arrived. That way he could ambush her. According to LE, that's exactly what happened. I don't have the exact quote, but it was something to the effect of MB was seen walking toward the location of SP.

Additionally, if I look at what LE has said and done, nothing that they have said contradicts any of my thoughts. I have previously outlined my thoughts on what LE said in the May 20 presser. I will add that when LE said that Missy's family is not at the focus of the investigation, I think that they meant exactly that - Missy's family. You don't have to agree with my interpretation, and I admit that I could be wrong. However, until I am presented with a more compelling theory, this is where I stand.

Having said all of that, I can't help but think of Gary Condit (the Chandra Levy case) as I investigate the MB case. Gary Condit had a suspicious demeanor, a strong motive, and definitive means to kill CL, but he was eventually exonerated. I don't think that it is forgone conclusion that the family is involved, but with the information that I have right now, it's the most logical theory for the time being IMO.

ETA - I am not answering any follow up questions to this post. I am moving on.

More thoughts on RB as a possible collaborator. I know his alibi has checked out. Yet even so, as Mainely16 and others have pointed out, his behavior -especially during the interview about the bloody shirt - is just odd. He's smiling, appears to be posturing, and also seems gratified in a way about the whole bloody shirt situation. One thing imparticular that I found a little disturbing was his response when being interviewed at the 1:17 mark, in the link below. He is slightly shaking his head (as if saying no) while he says, "You better believe it!" 3 times!!! Did anyone else have the same reaction I did?

[video=youtube;ICfVJ4yIHcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs[/video]

Very strange demeanor IMO. I've heard body language experts say one of the biggest signs of deception is saying one thing and shaking or nodding your head in the opposite of what you are speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01