TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scout, how are you seeing the SN being used? I don't see that the SN being used in a missing weapons report would be dependent on LE having the actual gun in their possession. I just assumed they meant criminals take serial numbers and re-use them on stolen weapons or they lie on insurance forms etc saying a weapon was stolen and give a SN, etc.

Those are both possibilities and may be all there is to it. I was thinking in terms related to this investigation. Suppose a firearm stolen from police custody was involved in this case and police were able to trace its trade from crooked cop through others to a legitimate suspect. Also suppose that the suspect believed upon procuring the weapon that it was clean, meaning not in the system, or that the suspect was ignorant of forensic capabilities. Once the search warrant containing info about the firearm is made public, suspect becomes aware of his predicament and fraudulently claims the firearm was lost or stolen.

I'm not sold on this theory, but I think it is plausible. I don't think it should be discarded as baseless speculation because the use of the ATF K9 supports the notion that a firearm was involved.

I'm starting to think they aren't close to anarrest (JMO). If they don't have them identified and arrested at the 10week mark, the investigation "slows to a crawl" (MSM words, not mine). They've gone through all the evidence. Interviewed all the people (some multiple times). Been pressured by the victim's family. I believe they may have a pretty good idea who or what (B/E, stalker, etc) but their top POI's seem to belvawyered up and they don't have enough of a case to take to trial.

IMO, the "arrest in a few weeks", "Grand Jury meeting as we speak" is in the words of Ben Bernake is "irrational exuberance". They'll probably eventually at least make an arrest and attempt to get a conviction but I think (hope I'm wrong) that we're a ways out.

Why do you say top POIs seem to be lawyered up?

For those of you who don't think a firearm was used to kill Missy, how do you explain the inclusion of a firearm serial number in investigative documents?

I think it was the serial number for the gun belonging to the officer who initially searched the church upon finding MB's body.

Those are both possibilities and may be all there is to it. I was thinking in terms related to this investigation. Suppose a firearm stolen from police custody was involved in this case and police were able to trace its trade from crooked cop through others to a legitimate suspect. Also suppose that the suspect believed upon procuring the weapon that it was clean, meaning not in the system, or that the suspect was ignorant of forensic capabilities. Once the search warrant containing info about the firearm is made public, suspect becomes aware of his predicament and fraudulently claims the firearm was lost or stolen.

I'm not sold on this theory, but I think it is plausible. I don't think it should be discarded as baseless speculation because the use of the ATF K9 supports the notion that a firearm was involved.

If a gun was used, what was the dog supposed to do? Not trying to be snarky. Find bullets?

I think it was the serial number for the officer and his gun who initially searched the church upon finding MB's body.

Is the serial number recorded in a police report even if it is not fired by LE? Like if the officer shows up, finds a crime with no perp around but he files a report-do they include the SN of reporting LE?

If a gun was used, what was the dog supposed to do? Not trying to be snarky. Find bullets?
I posted this earlier, but yes he finds bullets and casings.
Titan is all work and excels in open environments searching for explosive-related materials to include firearms, ammunition shell casings and explosives. Although he is large in stature, Titan leaves no small spaces unsearched. Titan’s operational home working area is the entire state of Oklahoma, North and West Texas up to the New Mexico border. When called upon, Titan always responds to the situation and is eager to serve.

Maybe the SP shot and missed but grazed her or powder residue was found on her. Maybe they thought a window was shot out and hoped to recover the bullet. At least with all the damage throughout the church they might have wanted to make sure they collected all the casings

(from thread 33, page9) Interesting.

BB himself stated: "I was in Biloxi, Mississippi, about to go on a fishing trip down on the Chandeleur Islands. I heard about it this morning. I received a phonecall from a couple of (MB)'s campers, and had I been out on that ship, I would have had no contact for a few days."

...RSBM length...I was only able to find one report of weather for that day in the area. It was FAIR weather for 48 hours surrounding his scheduled departure time. If the ship's departure was actually delayed that long, then why comment on the near missed phonecalls saying he was about to get on the ship? What was going through his head that he felt the need to point out this to reporters?

My unease about BB'S possible involvement grows. What better way to communicate with a hit person than by FB?

Why post on FB, when you rarely do, that your flight is delayed due to weather? Is this a head's up to SP that the weather is a problem and BB may not make it out of Dallas as planned?

And then later when he FBed from the Half Oyster Shell. Was this a "I made it to Mississippi, all is a go."

BB was supposed to depart Dallas to MS on Sunday. IIRC his flight was as much as 5 hours delayed. If 11frogs research is correct, anyone would have been frustrated and anxious to get to MS in time to check-in for their charter long before the departure time of 12:01AM Monday and worried that they might miss it.

According to MT, the charter boat departure was delayed - perhaps many people were having trouble with flights, delayed passengers perhaps involving more than just the one charter boat (indirect weather delay rather than direct). Ever since I read BatBrat's post on page 9, I have been back to considering more deeply if BB thoroughly expected to be at sea, leaving at that 12:01AM on Monday, with lots of witnesses, and expected that after the murder there would be delays in contacting him by ship-to-shore radio, then delays in him returning somehow back to MS to TX, iow Plan A.

If BB had foreknowledge, then all of the excessive FBing, texting, calling, photos at the Oyster place, the odd remarks about being unreachable at sea... It almost looks like a Plan B to leave a trail that would show there was no time for him to be anywhere but Biloxi - since he was not out at sea. I have long wondered if the reason for the second call to MB that night was to nail down the timeline that no way could he have driven to Midlothian and back in that short of a time frame. The first call was not late enough. All of which is merely speculation, and BB is clearly not SP, and there is no solid reason to suspect BB as a disclaimer, other than that he is the husband.

I would like to know just when BB discovered that his charter boat departure would be delayed - was he still at the Dallas airport? Did he find this out when he finally arrived at Biloxi?

The part that doesn't make sense to me is, you can't both say you have no suspects or motive, but at the same time the public is in no danger. They're mutually exclusive. So, they must have an idea...

Some things in this murder mystery don't jive. Police not releasing any info (whether new or old: I.e. Height descrepancies, release of 2 minutes, vs. 30 of video, lack of cause of death, other than "puncture wounds", no details of alibis given, etc. on and on with no real clues.....

Many of us have been on this quest for days, weeks, months. We keep getting knocked down with our questions. At the same time, no real answers. Seems like a veil of disguise is covering up information that should have been forthcoming. So sad for Missy and her children. I think everyone on this blog is trying to help, not undermine the B-clan. However, someone has some "splainin'" to do.

Some things in this murder mystery don't jive. Police not releasing any info (whether new or old: I.e. Height descrepancies, release of 2 minutes, vs. 30 of video, lack of cause of death, other than "puncture wounds", no details of alibis given, etc. on and on with no real clues.....

Many of us have been on this quest for days, weeks, months. We keep getting knocked down with our questions. At the same time, no real answers. Seems like a veil of disguise is covering up information that should have been forthcoming. So sad for Missy and her children. I think everyone on this blog is trying to help, not undermine the B-clan. However, someone has some "splainin'" to do.

What is suspect is in LE? Maybe a coverup. I hope not. This case is driving me nuts.

BB was supposed to depart Dallas to MS on Sunday. IIRC his flight was as much as 5 hours delayed. If 11frogs research is correct, anyone would have been frustrated and anxious to get to MS in time to check-in for their charter long before the departure time of 12:01AM Monday and worried that they might miss it.

According to MT, the charter boat departure was delayed - perhaps many people were having trouble with flights, delayed passengers perhaps involving more than just the one charter boat (indirect weather delay rather than direct). Ever since I read BatBrat's post on page 9, I have been back to considering more deeply if BB thoroughly expected to be at sea, leaving at that 12:01AM on Monday, with lots of witnesses, and expected that after the murder there would be delays in contacting him by ship-to-shore radio, then delays in him returning somehow back to MS to TX, iow Plan A.

If BB had foreknowledge, then all of the excessive FBing, texting, calling, photos at the Oyster place, the odd remarks about being unreachable at sea... It almost looks like a Plan B to leave a trail that would show there was no time for him to be anywhere but Biloxi - since he was not out at sea. I have long wondered if the reason for the second call to MB that night was to nail down the timeline that no way could he have driven to Midlothian and back in that short of a time frame. The first call was not late enough. All of which is merely speculation, and BB is clearly not SP, and there is no solid reason to suspect BB as a disclaimer, other than that he is the husband.

I would like to know just when BB discovered that his charter boat departure would be delayed - was he still at the Dallas airport? Did he find this out when he finally arrived at Biloxi?
Yes, I agree that his 2nd and later call to MB may have been an attempt to show that he was in Miss. at that time and could not have been in Midlothian at the time MB was murdered.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The SN of a firearm carried by an officer who searches a crime scene is not recorded in investigative documents.

I think I might disagree but I don't really know for sure. I know that in the Univ of TX Police manual - whenever an officer pulls a weapon it's considered a display/use of deadly force and it must be documented in reports. And I would certainly imagine that the officer who searched the church had his weapon drawn...not knowing if the suspect/killer was or was not still inside the church.

Whenever an officer uses a weapon, has drawn and pointed a TASER at a person, has drawn a firearm in a display of deadly force, uses any degree of force or physical restraint which by the nature of its use, causes, or has the likelihood to cause bodily injury, serious bodily injury, or death, or discharges a firearm for other than training/qualification or recreational purposes, they shall immediately notify a supervisor who will report directly to the scene. The officer shall write a report documenting the use of force and the "Force Used" box in the M.O. module will be checked on Global Reporting.

Yes I believe that LE checked out his alibi, but do you think they would have looked into the charter services to Chandeleur? RSBM

IMO one of the first things LE checked regarding his alibi is the charter reservation. If BB's alibi is he was on a vendor paid chartered fishing trip that was planned a year in advance than at least the reservation has to check out. If there is no charter reservation before he leaves for Mississippi, he has no reason to be in Mississippi. It wouldn't matter if the flights, restaurant, hotel, rental car all checked out afterward, his alibi would have fallen apart. And he couldn't say that he was planning to get on a charter when he arrived because he's already said it was planned a year in advance. The same with the charter being delayed . Why wasn't on he out on the charter when he got the call? IMO LE would have verified that also. If LE didn't verify that first it would be very sloppy work.

BIBM
I know things seem coincidental but there are things that just don't add up for me.
1)Time
2)Why didn't he sleep on the boat on Sunday night if they were leaving that early in the morning? It is a floating hotel and they allow you to sleep the day you get back and leave the next morning.

Can't know the answer to this without know which specific charter he was on. BB gets more of a side eye from me on his FB, the very detailed alibi, being out of state when MB was murdered versus anything about the charter.

3) Where was he at when he contacted MB both times? (Was this to give him an alibi per his phone records)
You're right LE has his phone records to verify.

4) Not buying his demeanor in interview - your wife - murdered - and you aren't even choked up. (I know everyone reacts differently - hogwash - you love someone there has got to be an emotion - his was cold - oddly nonchalant.)
BB is still not SP

Yelp his demeanor is odd

5) Knows the license plate on the car he drove back in. Really - that's something you noticed - did he check at the rental agency to make sure he picked one with a MS license plate? Don't find that odd. I would have noticed that also especially if it were different from my own.

6) Can't say one of them due to rules.

7) In bad shape for months - has procedure - but is still going to go fishing for 2.5 days. Says thank you to friend who fixed hot tub so he could recuperate. Says in interview he is in poor health.
1. Missy didn't seem to be concerned that he was going on the fishing trip. She actually posted he deserved a good trip.(paraphrase) http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/developments-texas-church-murder-mystery-38556747 about 1:14 mark
2. There was discussion in earlier threads that BB had been long suffering from some type of colon/bowel/digestive issue such as diverticulitis. If you read the threads you will see it was resolved last year. Can't say more because of TOS.
3. Don't know what the "minor surgery procedure" BB had on April 15th was but the fact that MB was not in town for the procedure and didn't come back for 2 days afterward the procedure says to me either it really was something simple or it gives us some insight into the state of their marriage.
4. Wonder what his definition of poor health is?

RSBM

Just a note: Wonder what type of bucket list fishing trips he has taken the past 3 years and where were they located? Just curious.

BB really does overshare and is not as succinct as I would like for him to be! Maybe he has a list places he would like to fish before he kicks the bucket???? I don't know.

Excellent reason and logic....IMO.

Great post! I want to thank you for your use of the word foreknowledge; I don't think that it's the last time we will be discussing this concept.

If BB's original charter was supposed to leave at 12:01 a.m., it's eerie to think that BB's boat would have arrived at the Chandeleur Islands at nearly the exact same time as Missy was showing up to work.

There has been quite a bit of discussion surrounding BB's alibi over the past few days. I am extremely confident that LE has fully investigated his alibi - pulling video, confirming receipts, interviewing eyewitnesses, pulling cell phone data, et al. I have no reason to believe that LE has not done its job. I also fully believe that BB was in Biloxi and is not SP.

*Speculation Alert* I am not convinced that BB being in Biloxi tells the entire story. If BB was the mastermind of a sinister plot involving Missy and LE is still trying to figure out all of the relevant parties, I don't think that LE would communicate if anything was slightly off in BB's alibi. LE is not going to tip their hand while they are actively investigating a web of people. LE needs to know who SP is and have enough evidence to indict him before making a move on any of the other players. If LE were to arrest any of the planner(s) before SP, SP would know that LE is aware of the larger plan. While BB's alibi likely put him exactly where he said he was, I think it is quite possible that some of his movements, actions, and statements may reflect foreknowledge. If LE is aware of some "discrepancies," they can be fully truthful and state that BB's alibi was "corroborated through independent sources." That language leaves the door wide open for LE to potentially clarify things down the road IMO. MOO

Great post! I want to thank you for your use of the word foreknowledge; I don't think that it's the last time we will be discussing this concept.

If BB's original charter was supposed to leave at 12:01 a.m., it's eerie to think that BB's boat would have arrived at the Chandeleur Islands at nearly the exact same time as Missy was showing up to work.

There has been quite a bit of discussion surrounding BB's alibi over the past few days. I am extremely confident that LE has fully investigated his alibi - pulling video, confirming receipts, interviewing eyewitnesses, pulling cell phone data, et al. I have no reason to believe that LE has not done their job. I also fully believe that BB was in Biloxi and is not SP.

*Speculation Alert* I am not convinced that BB being in Biloxi tells the entire story. If BB was the mastermind of a sinister plot involving Missy and LE is still trying to figure out all of the relevant parties, I don't think that LE would communicate if anything was slightly off in BB's alibi. LE is not going to tip their hand while they are actively investigating a web of people. LE needs to know who SP is and have enough evidence to indict him before making a move on any of the other players. If LE were to arrest any of the planner(s) before SP, SP would know that LE is aware of the larger plan. While BB's alibi likely put him exactly where he said he was, I think it is quite possible that some of his movements, actions, and statements may reflect foreknowledge. If LE is aware of some "discrepancies," they can be fully truthful and state that BB's alibi was "corroborated through independent sources." That language leaves the door wide open for LE to potentially claify things down the road IMO. MOO

we are on the same page. thanks for your post.

From the 2:10 police video:

00:01 I can not see if suspect is carrying something in his right hand. Opens the door with his left hand.

00:10 A hammer in his right hand and nothing in the left.

00:13 The hammer in the right hand and grabs the door knob with the left hand.

00:19 Manipulates something with his right hand and seems to catch the hammer with the left.

00:25 Holding a tool in his right hand and the hammer in the left.

00:38 Hid the tool and continues with the hammer in the left hand.

00:45 I can not see where the hammer is.

00:50 Nothing in his right hand and carrying the hammer on the left.

1:03 Opens doors with his right hand and holds the hammer in the left.

1:14 It seems he holds the hammer in the right. Nothing on the left hand.

1:27 Takes the hammer in the righ hand and nothing in the left.

1:29 Suspect raises the right hand with the hammer in it and seems to take something with the left hand.

1:39 The hammer in the right hand and something unidentified in the left.

Is the suspect trying to hide that he is left-handed?. The way he hits with the hammer at the end of the video makes me think that too.

What is he holding in the left hand at the end of the video?

There has been quite a bit of discussion surrounding BB's alibi over the past few days. I am extremely confident that LE has fully investigated his alibi - pulling video, confirming receipts, interviewing eyewitnesses, pulling cell phone data, et al. I have no reason to believe that LE has not done their job. I also fully believe that BB was in Biloxi and is not SP.

*Speculation Alert* I am not convinced that BB being in Biloxi tells the entire story. If BB was the mastermind of a sinister plot involving Missy and LE is still trying to figure out all of the relevant parties, I don't think that LE would communicate if anything was slightly off in BB's alibi. LE is not going to tip their hand while they are actively investigating a web of people. LE needs to know who SP is and have enough evidence to indict him before making a move on any of the other players. If LE were to arrest any of the planner(s) before SP, SP would know that LE is aware of the larger plan. While BB's alibi likely put him exactly where he said he was, I think it is quite possible that some of his movements, actions, and statements may reflect foreknowledge. LE may be aware of some of those "discrepancies" so they stated that BB's alibi was "corroborated through independent sources." That language leaves the door wide open for LE IMO. MOO

Great post and comment.
I've been told often by family and friends to "Be careful". But I've never been told to "Be prepared". He told his mother he was "so worried" that morning. Screams foreknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220