TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might disagree but I don't really know for sure. I know that in the Univ of TX Police manual - whenever an officer pulls a weapon it's considered a display/use of deadly force and it must be documented in reports. And I would certainly imagine that the officer who searched the church had his weapon drawn...not knowing if the suspect/killer was or was not still inside the church.

Whenever an officer uses a weapon, has drawn and pointed a TASER at a person, has drawn a firearm in a display of deadly force, uses any degree of force or physical restraint which by the nature of its use, causes, or has the likelihood to cause bodily injury, serious bodily injury, or death, or discharges a firearm for other than training/qualification or recreational purposes, they shall immediately notify a supervisor who will report directly to the scene. The officer shall write a report documenting the use of force and the "Force Used" box in the M.O. module will be checked on Global Reporting.

If the officer merely had the weapon drawn as a precaution while sweeping the building, it wouldn't be considered a use of force, because he isn't drawing it on a person.

If he encountered someone and used the threat of a weapon to ensure compliance ("Put your hands where I can see them" etc) then it would be considered use of force.

If the officer merely had the weapon drawn as a precaution while sweeping the building, it wouldn't be considered a use of force, because he isn't drawing it on a person.

If he encountered someone and used the threat of a weapon to ensure compliance ("Put your hands where I can see them" etc) then it would be considered use of force.

Yes....

If BB had foreknowledge, then all of the excessive FBing, texting, calling, photos at the Oyster place, the odd remarks about being unreachable at sea... It almost looks like a Plan B to leave a trail that would show there was no time for him to be anywhere but Biloxi - since he was not out at sea. I have long wondered if the reason for the second call to MB that night was to nail down the timeline that no way could he have driven to Midlothian and back in that short of a time frame. The first call was not late enough. All of which is merely speculation, and BB is clearly not SP, and there is no solid reason to suspect BB as a disclaimer, other than that he is the husband.

If BB involved- then I think 2nd call was to ensure the daughters weren't coming to 5 AM class, ask if boot camp class cancelled or moved inside due to storms... and to hear her voice one last time. He probably even said he loved her.

What is suspect is in LE? Maybe a coverup. I hope not. This case is driving me nuts.

i mentioned before that B-clan may be having some possible inroads to LE. B-clan has "sung praises" of MPD since beginning. Why?

Just a question from a normal law-abiding citizen. No family bashing intended!!!!!!!!

No snark. Just wanna look for real answers in this horrific murder........Respectfully submitted.....

Keep this in mind (as you read what's next):
This person is wearing "tactical gear and Police body armor" (that is the description title that it is sold under),
and the person has "breaching tools".
(entry tools, "used by Police".)

(the vest, says "Police")

It seems to me that this person sure does like those "breaching tools".
(Maybe the person has not had them for very long.)

Anyway...

As the person [dressed "like" a cop]

casually strolls down the hall, [By the way, the way this person is walking, may have some "fake"ness to it. (It might be 'their' rendition of, how they think a cop might walk.)]

the person is eyeing

"doors"
and
"glass"

"doors"
(oh goody, another door.
I get to use the (police) Halligan tool, and hammer-ax)

"glass"
(oh goody, more glass.
I get to use the (police) [thing-a-ma-jig, cause I don't know what it was] It was stated he was seen carrying, a "tool used by Police, to break glass".

And let's not forget the flashlight.
(stated in news media articles)

He was seen carrying what looked like,
a "military/police issued flashlight".

"It was partially tucked into the sleeve."

`````````
In regard to the helmet, it looks like it might have some type of light attached to it.
(In the same area that you do see them at. Above, the eyes. In the middle of the helmet.)

Taking into consideration what "all" else this person is wearing,
I lean toward: Yeah, that's a light alright.

I know that this forum like lots of crime forums is cyclical...meaning we keep posting about the same stuff over & over because we haven't gotten any news from law enforcement. But I truly don't understand all the focus on BB and family. Law enforcement have verified their alibis and even stated that the family is *not* the focus of their investigation.

???????????

I wondered that also.
As to why the LinkedIN communications were only partially recovered.

Many Apps on the IPhone platform use SQLite databases to hold information. Can't say for sure that LinkedIN is one of them. I will simplify here. This file will grow by asking the operating system for pages of space. As records (e.g. messages in this example) are created they are written to a page. As time goes on the pages fill up and more pages are then added. As deletion of records (e.g. messages) happen the record is only marked or flagged as deleted and not necessarily removed permanently from the file. Periodically, or due to specific rules created by the developer, the space used by this file will be consolidated by moving non-deleted records (e..g. messages) into space that had been marked deleted. This will effectively purge deleted records (e.g. messages) from the file. These purge rules can be aggressive, that is purge all or almost all records marked for deletion, or more relaxed (or lazy) and ignore pages that only have fewer than N number of records marked for deletion. All depends on what the developers did and how they configured SQLite.

If you were to view such a file through something like SQLite Manager you would only see the non-deleted records. However, if you were to open the file in binary mode with a hexidecimal viewer you would be able to see everything in the file whether it was deleted or not.

And one more thing. When the database does these purges and there are no more records on a page they release those pages back to the operating system. Those pages might still have information on them that is recoverable. So long as some other App on the phone didn't ask for pages from the operating system and were given those pages, whatever was on those pages would be recoverable.

It is for this reason that when forensically dealing with a IPhone (or any smart phone) they make a binary image of the entire device and only work from copies of that as information that would have been available could be deleted.

Tried to simplify here. There are detailed documents on SQLite out there on the intertubes and on IPhone (and other Smartphone) forensics out there. Much more complicated and technical subject to get into here.

The majority of the video is probably campers entering church and finding her, that chaos plus EMS andLE showing up and declaring her deceased. JMO

that does not make sense with regard to timeline that swat perp entered at 3:50.......call made by CG campers at 5:00 a.m. according to police. The time campers called is a full 70 minutes after SP is seen in camera.

I think I might disagree but I don't really know for sure. I know that in the Univ of TX Police manual - whenever an officer pulls a weapon it's considered a display/use of deadly force and it must be documented in reports. And I would certainly imagine that the officer who searched the church had his weapon drawn...not knowing if the suspect/killer was or was not still inside the church.

Whenever an officer uses a weapon, has drawn and pointed a TASER at a person, has drawn a firearm in a display of deadly force, uses any degree of force or physical restraint which by the nature of its use, causes, or has the likelihood to cause bodily injury, serious bodily injury, or death, or discharges a firearm for other than training/qualification or recreational purposes, they shall immediately notify a supervisor who will report directly to the scene. The officer shall write a report documenting the use of force and the "Force Used" box in the M.O. module will be checked on Global Reporting.

Makes sense in the case of a drawn weapon.

Agree with this.

Why do you say top POIs seem to be lawyered up?
This happened about a couple, three weeks into it. It was discussed here.

There was quite a bit of yapping and posting by POI's (several of us commented that it was a bit unusual); esp in light of this being a capital murder case. And how dumb it would be/was to not have an attorney present or at least coaching you under the circumstances. And then it all went suddenly quiet. The FB accounts were either shut down or clamped down. We didn't hear a word anymore. All the telltale signs. Many (if not the majority on the list has the means -and savvy) to afford good representation and from all indications did.

Some things in this murder mystery don't jive. Police not releasing any info (whether new or old: I.e. Height descrepancies, release of 2 minutes, vs. 30 of video, lack of cause of death, other than "puncture wounds", no details of alibis given, etc. on and on with no real clues.....

Many of us have been on this quest for days, weeks, months. We keep getting knocked down with our questions. At the same time, no real answers. Seems like a veil of disguise is covering up information that should have been forthcoming. So sad for Missy and her children. I think everyone on this blog is trying to help, not undermine the B-clan. However, someone has some "splainin'" to do.
Those with familiarity of LE have told us that when the big guns come in and help guide an investigation, that is their modus operandi. They come in and clamp everything down. I tend to believe it as there are 20-25 Midlothian Police IIRC, all in a smaller town. I'd suspect the grapevine would have much more active.

BBM: I agree with you, and yet the walk is so compelling. RB and BB appear to both have "the walk". Which is hard to look away from. Could this be considered a family trait? Any other family members have "the walk"? Female or male?

RB walk: absolutely! Where is he, by the way?

They're definitely withholding, as they should be. The fact they called it "puncture wounds" is interesting, as many things cause puncture wounds. Normally you'd see "stabbing", "gunshot", "bludgeoning". But "puncture wounds"? Carefully chosen wording, IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I believe she was killed with a rock pick, rather than a typical hammer. The rock pick would leave puncture wounds.

Technically a gunshot is considered a puncture wound, too, but I don't know if they'd play with the wording that much.

For those of you who don't think a firearm was used to kill Missy, how do you explain the inclusion of a firearm serial number in investigative documents?

Okay, about that firearm.

Remember how a request was made for 911 calls in this case, but the MPD denied it based on an opinion of the AG? The letter from MPD to the AG, and the AG’s response, are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7ju5m1k31i20tu/Bevers ORA request response.pdf?dl=0#

It was in the MPD letter that a firearm was mentioned with this language:

“…the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.”

I know that when this happened back in June, I saw the terms “illegal firearms” and “missing weapons report” and began to draw parallels to the Ellis County stolen gun case. I thought I had found some vital piece of information.

Well, I did some digging today, and I’m now leaning toward it being - irrelevant. I think the firearm verbiage is basic legal template language. It is used when a governmental entity (like the city of Midlothian) asks the AG for an opinion on whether information has to be disclosed under the Public Information Act. In fact, if you Google “firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms”, you get quite a few hits, like this one (notice paragraph 2 of page 2):

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/50abbott/orl/2014/pdf/or201421129.pdf

Other cities have sent letters to the AG using the exact same language, as in the link above. It isn’t something that is unique to this case, in other words. It’s boilerplate.

So I think the chances are low that this is some far-reaching conspiracy involving guns. Obviously there is some weapon somewhere, for MPD to list it in their documentation for this case to begin with. But my guess is, it may have been more for strengthening their argument to withhold case information under 552.108.(b)(1) than anything else. Kind of like the SW that used the “suspect may have recorded the murder on his cellphone” deal.

As for what the gun was? Maybe LE confiscated a gun from MB’s vehicle, or from one of the CG camper’s vehicle, or maybe one of the responding officers listed his own gun on a report, although I think that last example is not as likely.

Of course, it’s still possible that a gun was used in the murder. But I personally do not think he had a gun, or any other high-velocity type weapon. And it’s my opinion that the ATF K-9 was there on the Wednesday two days after the murder simply out of an abundance of caution. The church was going to have its first “post-murder” service that night, and they wanted everyone to feel 100% secure.

I feel so "old school" with all these new theories. I think missy was "punctured" by the claw end of a hammer. I think if a gun was found, it was in missy's truck. I think there was one perp.

I know that this forum like lots of crime forums is cyclical...meaning we keep posting about the same stuff over & over because we haven't gotten any news from law enforcement. But I truly don't understand all the focus on BB and family. Law enforcement have verified their alibis and even stated that the family is *not* the focus of their investigation.

???????????

I am assuming that you are referring to the May 20 presser, correct? If so, I have listened to it on many occasions, and I have a far different interpretation of what LE said with respect to the Bevers. I also recall both LE and BB himself saying that no one has been taken off the table (or in BB's words "eradicated from the investigation"). Since LE isn't prepared to take anyone off the table, why is it a surprise that people are still talking about the Bevers?

Furthermore, the TOS dictate where the conversation is going to be focused. While the Bevers clan is at the top of my list, I have a few other POIs. However, those POIs can't be discussed here. IMO it's not that the Bevers family members are the only possible POIs, but they are among the handful of people about whom we can speculate. The attention on the Bevers family is also in no small part due to the fact that they are being interviewed by the MSM, the only source(s) allowed to be discussed on WS.

BB was supposed to depart Dallas to MS on Sunday. IIRC his flight was as much as 5 hours delayed. If 11frogs research is correct, anyone would have been frustrated and anxious to get to MS in time to check-in for their charter long before the departure time of 12:01AM Monday and worried that they might miss it.

According to MT, the charter boat departure was delayed - perhaps many people were having trouble with flights, delayed passengers perhaps involving more than just the one charter boat (indirect weather delay rather than direct). Ever since I read BatBrat's post on page 9, I have been back to considering more deeply if BB thoroughly expected to be at sea, leaving at that 12:01AM on Monday, with lots of witnesses, and expected that after the murder there would be delays in contacting him by ship-to-shore radio, then delays in him returning somehow back to MS to TX, iow Plan A.

If BB had foreknowledge, then all of the excessive FBing, texting, calling, photos at the Oyster place, the odd remarks about being unreachable at sea... It almost looks like a Plan B to leave a trail that would show there was no time for him to be anywhere but Biloxi - since he was not out at sea. I have long wondered if the reason for the second call to MB that night was to nail down the timeline that no way could he have driven to Midlothian and back in that short of a time frame. The first call was not late enough. All of which is merely speculation, and BB is clearly not SP, and there is no solid reason to suspect BB as a disclaimer, other than that he is the husband.

I would like to know just when BB discovered that his charter boat departure would be delayed - was he still at the Dallas airport? Did he find this out when he finally arrived at Biloxi?

My thoughts exactly, Sandy! I have always loved your point of view! We need to persevere to find the culprits in this horrifying murder!

Two statements jump out at me from this conversation. He spoke to her at 7:30 and around 8:00 she told him good night. Why would he call her back around 9-9:30 to tell her "I love you"? He wants us to have the impression how wonderful there marriage was. Personally, I call BS! A couple married this long, the guy is NOT going to call back an hour later to say I Love You!!

He was either checking up on her to see if she was in her room or had gone out. Or, knew what the morning would bring and maybe guilt made him get that one last word of endearment in?

Also, why did he drop the little tidbit that he was in Bilioxi later than he was supposed to be? Covering his trail? Why was he late? What was he doing?

He wasn't checking to see if she was in her 'room', she was at home with her kids. We have discussed this before and many of us who are married habitually call our spouse right before we go to bed to say "I love you" even if we spoke to them earlier and especially if we have been out to dinner since we last spoke. I see nothing weird here.

His flight was delayed in TX due to stormy weather. He arrived later than originally planned - about five hours later IIRC. Not weird to mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220