TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that they do not show seizing her purse.
They show the items secured
attachment.php

and then the collected/seized on the last page
attachment.php
no iPhone

Thanks!

Shout out to those who provide tips, posts, fantastic ideas and opinions as well as links to vital data for us in a succinct manner. :up:

Respectfully, MB iPhone was not listed as being retrieved from her Ford F150. Her iPad and Planner were taken per the SW to retrieve http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...rs-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html and the last page does not show up so Jethro4WS posted the complete SW link with last page confirming this. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12721634#post12721634

arka mimi,

You, your posts and your links have been sorely missed. Your presence is vital to us for keeping track of the facts. My favorite hat is off to you for so doing.
I. can. not. wait until the arrest(s) come down. We'll all be jigging :great:

Can. not. wait. for the jury that hears the evidence at the murderer's trial, to also sit in judgement for the Death Penalty sentence for it. It is a piece of human waste. One never knows how one may react, I wonder is the SP will commit suicide rather than go down hard. Depends on the element of humiliation, or the dread of living the other half of their life behind bars, I suppose. That is why it could be a hired assassin. Who wants to go to prison for all of their future life? What beautiful young to mid-aged person would take the risk of being caught unless they already had nothing to lose?

I may take a risk on certain financial investments. May take a risk by occasionally, albeit rarely, speeding, when I know better. However, going to prison is not on my bucket list.

As with many states, does the Great State of TX require a Grand Jury's True Bill to charge the accused with the Death Penalty? They do in AZ [Arizona].

< RSBMFF >

For what it worth I am thankful that the evil Suspect did leave her jewelry. It was not part of the plan (or it seems) but for whatever reason, I am glad that the girls will have that sentimental items. Praying for answers to come soon. I sure no one wants this monster off the street and in front of a Judge anymore than the MPD.
RBBM

You are darned tooting! This cold, calculating SP slapped the very faces of all Law Enforcement by dressing in convincing SWAT gear.

It will be a fine day for the entire community who wants Justice for Missy when the SP is handcuffed and shackled.

Odd that you mentioned Missy's jewelry. Guess BB never wore Missy's wedding rings after the death of his wife. BB didn't even want Missy buried nearby. Their offspring requested that measure.

:cheer: Justice for Missy

I just finished watching a Dateline (Peggy Nadell) where the case was solved using phone data. The daughter of the victim was a strong suspect in LE's eyes from the beginning. LE had her under 24/7 surveillance based on having purchased cleaning supplies the day before the crime. Turns out an investigator was able to unravel the case based almost solely on phone tracking and surveillance camera footage of a burner phone purchase. In the end, the suspected daughter wasn't involved at all and she was cleared. Instead, it was the victim's daughter-in-law.

Despite what others have said here about how it only takes a couple days to sift through phone records, they talked about how complicated it was to link a web of phones, burner phones, callers, and locations - tying the entire case together. This case took this investigator months to sift through the evidence, and she was a Chief Investigator and crime analyst with experience in phone forensics.

I don't think phone forensics is as easy peasy as some here on WS believe. I also think this case will be solved with similar evidence. Cell phone tracking/data and surveillance video. I hope they have someone as savvy as investigator Robyn Arias working on the case.

Hi BatBrat

Amazing how the process is done. It also reminds me "See No Evil" when the perpatrator is sought out by surveillance cameras. LE sit through countless hours trying to connect the dots. I still think and agree with you, Missy's case will hopefully be solved using these 2 techniques.

BTW -- Wonder what LE will view surveillance videos on since VHS tapes are no longer going to be made. UGH another problem&#8252;&#65039;

jmo. &#128046;

Hi BatBrat

BTW -- Wonder what LE will view surveillance videos on since VHS tapes are no longer going to be made. UGH another problem&#8252;&#65039;

It is fascinating stuff!

What specifically is the problem with VHS no longer being made? I thought most surveillance systems hadn't used VHS for years.

Shout out to those who provide tips, posts, fantastic ideas and opinions as well as links to vital data for us in a succinct manner. :up:

arka mimi,

You, your posts and your links have been sorely missed. Your presence is vital to us for keeping track of the facts. My favorite hat is off to you for so doing.
I. can. not. wait until the arrest(s) come down. We'll all be jigging :great:

Can. not. wait. for the jury that hears the evidence at the murderer's trial, to also sit in judgement for the Death Penalty sentence for it. It is a piece of human waste. One never knows how one may react, I wonder is the SP will commit suicide rather than go down hard. Depends on the element of humiliation, or the dread of living the other half of their life behind bars, I suppose. That is why it could be a hired assassin. Who wants to go to prison for all of their future life? What beautiful young to mid-aged person would take the risk of being caught unless they already had nothing to lose?

I may take a risk on certain financial investments. May take a risk by occasionally, albeit rarely, speeding, when I know better. However, going to prison is not on my bucket list.

As with many states, does the Great State of TX require a Grand Jury's True Bill to charge the accused with the Death Penalty? They do in AZ [Arizona].

RBBM

You are darned tooting! This cold, calculating SP slapped the very faces of all Law Enforcement by dressing in convincing SWAT gear.

It will be a fine day for the entire community who wants Justice for Missy when the SP is handcuffed and shackled.

Odd that you mentioned Missy's jewelry. Guess BB never wore Missy's wedding rings after the death of his wife. BB didn't even want Missy buried nearby. Their offspring requested that measure.

:cheer: Justice for Missy

Thank you for the kind words.

RBBM, jmho, I dont take that as anything bad, MB was a Daddys girl and you can tell by reading her FB she took the passing just 16 mo prior pretty hard. I thought it was normal to want to bury her by her Daddy as well as respectful. I also understand her children wanting her to be near. Also to add I have no idea on what was done with MB jewelry or what BB wears. I mentioned it only because it was thankfully returned to her family. JMHO

ETA: Sadly a lot of people do not have final arrangements made in advance for one reason or the other. I can attest to 2 close in my family of unexpected deaths. It is a lot to try to figure out in the emotional grieve and shock your in. And they died natural causes not murdered. Also added financial burden. It was a family decision and only a family decision. Regardless who is responsible for this awful murder she was still a loved family member and I dont think her resting place is part of this awful case. JMHO no snark intended.

JMHO, her purse was most likely returned to the family when they picked up the truck. Again jmho.

If LEO took Missy's purse, it had to be processed, before it was released to the family.

I go inside no where ever without my phone. As frequently as Missy was in contact with her campers, surely she carried her phone inside the building. If SP feared there might be traces of their conversations to be found there, SP could have removed the SIM card.

Thank you Mimi. I remember Missy's phone was not password protected - meaning that LE could have easy access to her data. Of course the sw makes is all official. Here's some pertinent snippets:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article76028232.html
"The warrants reveal that Midlothian police requested over seven weeks’ worth of phone records from Bevers and eight others identified as “target numbers” that may have been in contact with Bevers in the weeks leading up to the murder.
< RSBBFF >

The target numbers were obtained through tips from the public. The warrant states police wanted to investigate two person of interest."

Thank you, gliving.

The target numbers were obtained through tips from the public. The warrant states police wanted to investigate two person of interest."

Tips from the public would be from anyone interviewed by LEO or those who volunteered information to LEO unsolicited. My money's on Missy's closest friends and Missy's family telling detectives what they knew, heard, opined, or suspected, if anything. Hence, the SWs of 9 target numbers.

Who are the TWO persons of interest that police specifically wanted?

:cow:

Maybe they don't my reference was to watching "See No Evil" going through tons of VHS tapes.

Yeah I had never thought about it before, but I wonder if there is a difference in VHS and digital storage in terms of overall quality. One assumes technological advancements always increase the quality of data, but that's not the case. Sadly, compression technology doesn't keep pace with other e-tech. As we have all discussed on this forum, compression makes a system comprehensive and convenient, but it can really screw up the quality of data - sometimes rendering it useless or even misleading. :(

In response to the person who asked about the 2 people they were interested in. Sorry, phone is acting up.

That was in the LinkedIN Warrant. The 2 people MPD were interested in was the person she was having intimate conversations with and the person who sent her the creepy message.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

No gear has been found. I posted what I thought IMHO 4/18/16 might have looked like from SP's perspective just to get a conversation started. I included what facts I could and filled in with what I felt was reasonable based on what we have sleuthed.Just as a conversation starter! That's all. OMG I won't bother again!

I think you are on to something - another theory does not hurt. Gets us thinking. Keep going.
So Mods is this ok:
Altima checks things out at 2am Church a go.
SP waiting on call that it's a go from someone in Altima.
SP gets in car and drives from FT Worth.
SP breaks into church
Murder happens
SP stops at storage unit he pre-arranged and dumps off gear. (I have always thought this is a definite
possibility.)
cleans up
drives back to ft worth (or goes to CG class - maybe not MBs)

i I would think we can theorize without naming a business. Correct Mods?

keep posting Camerabug I enjoy your thoughts.

If LEO took Missy's purse, it had to be processed, before it was released to the family.

I go inside no where ever without my phone. As frequently as Missy was in contact with her campers, surely she carried her phone inside the building. If SP feared there might be traces of their conversations to be found there, SP could have removed the SIM card.

Originally Posted by gliving View Post
Thank you Mimi. I remember Missy's phone was not password protected - meaning that LE could have easy access to her data. Of course the sw makes is all official. Here's some pertinent snippets:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/st...e76028232.html
"The warrants reveal that Midlothian police requested over seven weeks’ worth of phone records from Bevers and eight others identified as “target numbers” that may have been in contact with Bevers in the weeks leading up to the murder.
< RSBBFF >

Thank you, gliving.

Tips from the public would be from anyone interviewed by LEO or those who volunteered information to LEO unsolicited. My money's on Missy's closest friends and Missy's family telling detectives what they knew, heard, opined, or suspected, if anything. Hence, the SWs of 9 target numbers.

The link Gliving posted in the article it said for more go to WFAA http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/new-warrants-target-linkedin-phone-records-in-bevers-murder/174097444

The two person of interest in the article were CW and whomever allegedly sent the other LinkedIn message.

Snip
The warrants reveal that Midlothian police requested over seven weeks’ worth of phone records from Bevers and eight others identified as “target numbers” that may have been in contact with Bevers in the weeks leading up to the murder.

The “target numbers” were obtained through tips from the public based on surveillance video that shows the suspect inside the church in the hours before Bevers was murdered. Among the numbers, were several of Bevers' relatives and a fitness instructor and his wife.

The warrant states police wanted to investigate two persons of interest.

A friend of Bevers told police that a man unknown to them messaged Bevers just days before the murder, and said they found his message to be "creepy and strange."

Police also looked at another person of interest they believe was having "flirtatious and familiar" conversations with Bevers.

However, sources told WFAA they investigated each of the eight individuals and currently do not consider them suspects.

I just finished watching a Dateline (Peggy Nadell) where the case was solved using phone data. The daughter of the victim was a strong suspect in LE's eyes from the beginning. LE had her under 24/7 surveillance based on having purchased cleaning supplies the day before the crime. Turns out an investigator was able to unravel the case based almost solely on phone tracking and surveillance camera footage of a burner phone purchase. In the end, the suspected daughter wasn't involved at all and she was cleared. Instead, it was the victim's daughter-in-law.

Despite what others have said here about how it only takes a couple days to sift through phone records, they talked about how complicated it was to link a web of phones, burner phones, callers, and locations - tying the entire case together. This case took this investigator months to sift through the evidence, and she was a Chief Investigator and crime analyst with experience in phone forensics.

I don't think phone forensics is as easy peasy as some here on WS believe. I also think this case will be solved with similar evidence. Cell phone tracking/data and surveillance video. I hope they have someone as savvy as investigator Robyn Arias working on the case.
Indeed. It is worse than a needle in a haystack because you don't even know what the needle you are looking for even looks like. That is, you don't have any idea what phone, if any, should stand out to you. It will, like a sore thumb, once you have found it but not before.

I am sure they are attacking this from multiple contexts - for example, the closest phones to the church as one context, or phones that were in motion at any time during the period of time they requested for ATT, phones that made calls, phones that received calls, phones that sent messages, phones that received messages, phones that sent data, phones that received data, phones that were on and then went off and then went back on again (or the opposite) during the period and so on. Most of the phones at that time would have been ping only, but there would be a decent amount to still go through. They would at least be able to "score" the phones across the categories and rank them and get some reasonable set to pursue, and then the next best set to pursue, and so on through lower ranked sets until they run out of phones that could be of interest.

It surely can be time consuming. Obviously, the worst case scenario is that there was no phone that was part of this crime during the tower warrant time period. Then there is no needle to be found only they can't know that until they exhaust all the candidate phones. That would be beyond frustrating but as everyone knows if you are going to find something you are looking for it is always in the last place you look. With the way people are tethered to their devices these days it is still the best play they have if they have nothing else to go on.

Hi BatBrat

Amazing how the process is done. It also reminds me "See No Evil" when the perpatrator is sought out by surveillance cameras. LE sit through countless hours trying to connect the dots. I still think and agree with you, Missy's case will hopefully be solved using these 2 techniques.

jmo. &#62510;

I would think if SP was caught off guard by early arrival of first camper that when driving off SP would use no lights. Wonder if SP did this on 287 as well until SP got past Walnut Creek intersection or past SWFA. Which would make seeing SP on business surveillance cameras almost impossible at that time of morning with rain.

Thank you, gliving.

Here is a copy of Exhibit A which says data was retrieved from BB's phone and MB'S IPhone and IPad.

I'm reading Terri-Bevers-AT-T-Warrant-5-5-16-Redact on Scribd. Check it out: https://www.scribd.com/doc/311644324

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Im trying to work that out. I don't think they live there. I think at the moment, anyway, they went there because they DON'T live there. Nobody knows them kind of thing. The only experience even close to this I have in my life is when I got divorced. When I left the courthouse, I felt so free--the sky was the limit! I could do whatever I wanted! Make my own decisions-right or wrong and I had no one to answer to but myself! It was liberating! Euphoric really. My guess is that SP was riding on a euphoric high like that and just wanted to enjoy the moment while it lasted..in a place where nobody would question why (s)he was in such a good mood.
according to Google Maps Creekside Church of Christ is 35.4 miles from Ft Worth

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...af8bf8dd69acbd!8m2!3d32.7554883!4d-97.3307658 link to Ft Worth
http://www.creeksidecc.com link to Creekside Church of Christ

I'm following your very good thought. :)
But how would the alibi of the person sound: "Early on a Monday morning (just 1,5 hrs after MB was gruesome murdered) I had a nice lavish breakfast (with a Sparkling wine for celebrating) only with me and myself in a town ca. 45 min. away from Midlo. After breakfast I went shopping for some new leggings. Here are my receipts with a nice early time stamp."

I'm following your very good thought. :)
But how would the alibi of the person sound: "Early on a Monday morning (just 1,5 hrs after MB was gruesome murdered) I had a nice lavish breakfast (with a Sparkling wine for celebrating) only with me and myself in a town ca. 45 min. away from Midlo. After breakfast I went shopping for some new leggings. Here are my receipts with a nice early time stamp."
Excellent question! I shall have to think on it..

I think the rage played out in the actual attack. Though we haven't head what actually happened, I fear it was brutal -we know it was fairly fast. That sounds like rage to me..that's what I was referring to. It's ok if you have a different take. That's what keeps it interesting here! =-)

Spot on!

One of the SW stated that LE believed suspect may have recorded the crime. (not the exact words in the SW)

It just crossed my mind that if MB had her iPhone in her hand or pocket when she was ambushed maybe an app was pushed or a video recording was started in a fall or struggle and a video was started without the suspect knowing.

This is just a thought that I wanted to mention....I have nothing to back it up.

It has also been discussed on WS that there could have possibly been a camera attached to the SP helmet that was a camera of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne