TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local and I did comment on this over the weekend. Maybe it was on the previous thread. Two LE members confidentially told me that they felt like MPD wasn't letting outside resources help them in the most capable manner. Neither really knew why. ???? They don't know each other and work for two separate agencies. Back to my theory. My one friend said s(he thought the perp had been hanging out--attending church--casing the church for a while. S(he thought the perp is still probably showing up there and that it would be important to go to church there for a while and people watch. I thought that was very interesting!!
Someone, I forget who, said it was like arson. The murderer would return to the scene of the crime. I wish I knew what that psychological thing was called I would read about it and try to figure things out from that angle.

I've been reading/posting since thread 1. There was a poster who came on to say her mom's coworker was the one to find MB. No other details though. Not sure if she was the 4:35 camper or someone else. That's all I remember of it being mentioned who found her. I do remember it being speculated that the C's were a husband/wife who were attending the camp and their daughter was a good friend of the B's daughter. Again, all of those are hearsay from what I remember, no links to prove yes or no. This only stands out because I haven't ruled 1st camper or the C's out completely. Ok, haven't ruled anyone out completely but hopefully you understand what I'm saying here :)

Yes. This is what I remember as well early on being discussed in this case. Couldn't for the life of me remember if it was here or not but was pretty confident it was. I have been reading back all dang day to find it and didn't want to post again until I either found it or someone posted something to maybe say I didn't imagine it. Lol! I also ran across Tricia's awesome broadcast with Ms. Jollee and listened to it again to see if there was something discussed in it about the campers that found Missy. Although nothing about that......it still was interesting to listen to it again and does confirm things discussed even heatedly recently.

[modsnip]

To the folks asking about "local info.." One reason people don't blast everything they know on the internet, is everybody around here knows everybody. You don't want to say too much, or ask too much for fear of things getting back to the wrong person or people. I only discuss this case on here, and with a very limited number of local people. You would be amazed at how many people "shut down" and "have to get going.." when someone brings the subject up. It makes people uneasy. They either know the family, the CG's or LE's and can't get into it. Happened to me tonite with a repair guy...

I get that.. Sure doesn't help sleuthers tho.

(I see there is a new CG Midlothian starting up.. I can't remember exactly when.. either this week or next.)

I hope this works. It's mentioned in thread #3, post 223. It was originally posted by Curious21 but got removed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-gear-18-April-2016-4&p=12496626#post12496626

Eta: if you read on Curious21's previous posts there is a lot of info regarding the first campers and other info. Curious21 is a local. All of this stuff was hashed through back in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. Lord have Mercy I didn't make it back that far today but I guess if it was deleted I wouldn't have found it regardless.

Post away! I took a ration over the weekend,(mostly because I can't wrap my head around some arcane rules) but it got the conversation rolling and that is great! The thing to remember is we are all going batshlaat crazy waiting for something to break in this case and we get a bit excited. I know I want to hear ideas. It helps me see things more clearly.
So very true!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have been trying to keep up but not posting much because I don't have anything to add. Two things did stick out to me in reading the last few days.

MB's purse - she may not have taken one. If I have a chance to leave mine at home, I do! I will take my license and check card but leave everything else at home. So since she was just doing a workout then headed back home (I assume since girls were there and BB gone), I'm thinking she probably didn't take a purse with her.

CT's number being included - I really have to assume MB and CT spent some time together. Met at some point, something. If AT was starting CG because of MB, I would think both couples would have met each other at some point. It's not weird that CT would have MB's number. But....I DO think there was a reason it was listed on the SW. Same with all numbers listed. There was some reason LE had reason to list those number. And it's also why the C's (husband/wife) haven't gone off my radar yet either. I have no idea how they linked to her but there is a reason. I know some are saying they found MB but I'm not sure on that. The one person who posted on early threads said it was her mom's coworker, NOT the C's??? Of course, hearsay, but I saw recently someone else say KC had an early spin class and couldn't have been there. So why were they listed??????

Two 911 calls - I honestly don't find this weird. One person may have stayed with MB to do CPR/see if she was alive while the other person freaked and ran outside and called 911. I personally don't think both were standing there together while making the calls.

I keep thinking I will step away from this case because there isn't anything new. But I can't back away. I keep hoping something will break. So I scroll and roll and scroll and roll.

Since I just listened to the broadcast with Ms. Jollee, I can maybe contribute to part of your post. It was stated that MB was uncomfortable with something regarding CT and voiced it to either family or friends. What I got out of it was also that with that information and MB getting the creepy message right before she left on the Austin trip with AT that it raised a red flag. So it's possible that is what put her on the number target list instead of her having MB''s number. It was also mentioned that MB and AT had only been working together for 5 weeks or so before the murder.

LE and the Bevers family have admitted there was at least one affair on MB's part. So, while she may have been a wonderful person, we know she made at least one bad choice. However, there is nothing to suggest AT was an unfaithful husband and to invent such a scenario in order to cast CT as a murderer to jam together pieces of a puzzle that do not fit, is too low to go.
He could very well had been faithful but that doesn't mean his wife thought he was. As discussed in the broadcast....."in someone's mind" and "emotional affair".

Ok thanks. I remember reading it was 5 weeks, on another website. The belief was that wasn't enough time for all the pieces to come together...affair, jealousy, meticulous planning, murder etc. But if they've known each other since 2014 that negates that idea.
Edit: To clarify, this is in reference to CT as perp.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Working often together for 5 weeks could be the difference.

Who knows- I haven't seen any locals blog about it? Maybe just discuss it amongst themselves?

Went through there today about 1. Was a car parked out front almost blocking the entrance that I had to drive around (in and out). Was on his cell phone. Could be just a guy pulled over to take a cell call.

Church was all locked up. Had to buzz someone to come let you in. (didn't bother them). Wonder if that's changed in three months. 5-6 cars and trucks outside.

Going around the place, the most obvious parking spot for SP is in the back (parking lot is almost goes below grade). If you had a car back there with it's lights off, No one would see it.

There is a path that goes along the back that actually could be navigable. SP did look like they had a helmet cam, so they could get off the property. But then where is the big question. So I'm back to the car theory.

SWFA has got cameras everywhere. Don't recall seeing that many cameras in one place. There's a big one right out front absolutely catching everything that comes onto the property. If that was there 4/18, they have a clear shot and I would think would know the license of the Altima.

Saw two cops. One in the elementary school parking lot. Seem to be just watching. Lots of construction going on all around (typical this time of year as the weather conditions allow it).

I went by that place today. They had the gates open and the house looks beautiful. The Firefly Wedding Venue sign is out front. Glad they are doing something with this place.
But it's RIGHT ON a busy highway (with lots and lots of trucks). I picture the minister asking if the couple would like to say "I do" and a nearby host handing him a Mountain Dew.

He could very well had been faithful but that doesn't mean his wife thought he was. As discussed in the broadcast....."in someone's mind" and "emotional affair".
That's what I struggle with in my mind, but won't be able to resolve without more than what we have so far....CT was named in SW, there has to be a reason-a good reason. I can't imagine the stress of having 3 and then 4 little ones with all your money tied up in a new business. Your husband is never home; working day and night to make a success of it (not to mention earn enough to feed the fam) and to top it all off his business partner is a cute bubbly flirtatious blonde! CT is tired. AT is tired. It just seems like things could be headed for trouble, imho.

Someone, I forget who, said it was like arson. The murderer would return to the scene of the crime. I wish I knew what that psychological thing was called I would read about it and try to figure things out from that angle.

I don't know that it really has a name. Maybe because many psychologists can't quite agree on why certain postoffensive behaviors occur. There may be a whole variety of reasons criminals have for returning to the crime scene or inserting themselves in the investigation - everything from regret/remorse/anxiety, thrill/gratification, compulsion/control/attachment to the victim, or an attempt to manipulate the scene or the investigation, etc.

It is fascinating stuff, though. Let us know what you find if you do end up researching it.

Not talking about anyone here being mean or jealous! I was suggesting that perhaps (IMHO only) that is how the affair rumors started. You have quoted me out of context. I was replying to Tea Time, whose quote you chose to omit. In essence I was agreeing, that there is no hard evidence that there was an affair between them and that rumor and innuendo was the name of the game for small minds. Nothing more than that. I personally had CT on my list for a long time and haven't completely discounted the possibility yet. But I don't believe MB and AT ever had an affair.
I haven't gone in and figured out how to pull in a Post and a Response together with a comment. Didn't mean to leave TeaTime off. Would have actually liked the extra context.
I very much personally hope CT is not SP. People speak well of her. She's a DBU grad (I'm a big fan, and contributor). I'm in the corner of families and kids. I trust LE will get the right person.
There was a bit of local chatter when MB was first found. I've decided to stay with what I know (or should know) and stay out of other's speculations.

With so little data, we're left to watch other's (LE's) reaction rather than seeing it ourselves. And that's what I was following. We're just chasing evidence around trying to bring justice to a tragedy.

That's what I struggle with in my mind, but won't be able to resolve without more than what we have so far....CT was named in SW, there has to be a reason-a good reason. I can't imagine the stress of having 3 and then 4 little ones with all your money tied up in a new business. Your husband is never home; working day and night to make a success of it (not to mention earn enough to feed the fam) and to top it all off his business partner is a cute bubbly flirtatious blonde! CT is tired. AT is tired. It just seems like things could be headed for trouble, imho.
Not to mention just having a baby within the last yr and maybe struggling to get back in shape. I mean good God who would have time for anything else but the little bitty ones. Also sacrificing what she considered an amazing career, education etc and then feeling inferior or things not being the way it was imagined. I just kinda struggle with wondering if there wasn't some envy going on. I'm not convinced she necessarily had a hand in it but could it have been someone that knew how she felt and wanted to fix it for her?

I haven't gone in and figured out how to pull in a Post and a Response together with a comment. Didn't mean to leave TeaTime off. Would have actually liked the extra context.
I very much personally hope CT is not SP. People speak well of her. She's a DBU grad (I'm a big fan, and contributor). I'm in the corner of families and kids. I trust LE will get the right person.
There was a bit of local chatter when MB was first found. I've decided to stay with what I know (or should know) and stay out of other's speculations.

With so little data, we're left to watch other's (LE's) reaction rather than seeing it ourselves. And that's what I was following. We're just chasing evidence around trying to bring justice to a tragedy.
In the truecrime broadcast Ms. Jollee stated that she had connections to a variety of people connected to CT and their opinions were split stating "many things may come out" etc that weren't all positive.

I don't know that it really has a name. Maybe because many psychologists can't quite agree on why certain postoffensive behaviors occur. There may be a whole variety of reasons criminals have for returning to the crime scene or inserting themselves in the investigation - everything from regret/remorse/anxiety, thrill/gratification, compulsion/control/attachment to the victim, or an attempt to manipulate the scene or the investigation, etc.

It is fascinating stuff, though. Let us know what you find if you do end up researching it.
Well, there was one person who used to go down to the PD often,
just to throw ideas around. Probably a good thing he's on vacation.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I did some research on the subject a few weeks ago, but I did not find anything conclusive. Each study had a different finding. I was really hoping to locate a study completed by an arm of LE, but I came up empty in that search. I would be very interested in that information if anyone comes across it.

I am wondering if repeated interviews are part of an ongoing attempt to insert one's self into the investigation. It would find it especially interesting if the interviewee always questions or casts doubt on LE's current theory about the crime. It could just be another way to manipulate the investigation. MOO

Went through there today about 1. Was a car parked out front almost blocking the entrance that I had to drive around (in and out). Was on his cell phone. Could be just a guy pulled over to take a cell call.

Church was all locked up. Had to buzz someone to come let you in. (didn't bother them). Wonder if that's changed in three months. 5-6 cars and trucks outside.

Going around the place, the most obvious parking spot for SP is in the back (parking lot is almost goes below grade). If you had a car back there with it's lights off, No one would see it.

There is a path that goes along the back that actually could be navigable. SP did look like they had a helmet cam, so they could get off the property. But then where is the big question. So I'm back to the car theory.

SWFA has got cameras everywhere. Don't recall seeing that many cameras in one place. There's a big one right out front absolutely catching everything that comes onto the property. If that was there 4/18, they have a clear shot and I would think would know the license of the Altima.

Saw two cops. One in the elementary school parking lot. Seem to be just watching. Lots of construction going on all around (typical this time of year as the weather conditions allow it).

Cops?? Today??

So when you buzzed... did they let you in?

I agree 100% with you on the SWFA cameras.

Well, there was one person who used to go down to the PD often,
just to throw ideas around. Probably a good thing he's on vacation.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
I'd do the exact same thing if it were my spouse and I was innocent. You see families of murdered loved one's do it all the time for purposes of catching the killer. Typically the guilty stay quiet and out from in front of media.

Nothing strange about a new camper showing up early on the 1STVDAY OF THE 1ST WEEK of a new camp. There's waivers and stuff you have to sign, so I don't blame them for going early. Also, I wouldn't be surprised about the 2 calls to 911. Imagine walking up on a horrific scene and freaking out--you're not thinking about who has already called, IMO you're just wanting help asap. Think about how many times people have called in the same wreck that they witnessed. ALL JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston