TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mindhuntersinc.com/why-killers-take-trophies/

It’s surprising how many killers return not just to the gravesite but to the scene of the crime. And some killers — the more organized or premeditated type — sometimes even inject themselves into the police investigation to provide bogus information. They do it for different reasons. They may want to find out where the investigation is headed or look for cues that it’s progressing along nicely because, naturally, they’re concerned about that.

They may go to the police in order to beat them to the punch, just in case someone may have seen them or provided a description of their car. This way, if their names pop up later, they can come back and say, “Oh, wait a minute, I went to you guys a month ago. I was cooperative.”
And this quote from the piece:

Follow press coverage closely

They’ll follow the case very closely and keep newspaper clips of their crimes. This is helpful to the investigator — something you want to look for when you initiate a search warrant.
Assassin-type personalities will also keep diaries.

I thought that taking another look at MT's first letter to the killer was a good exercise, and something we have not discussed in a long time. How about the second letter which was also published by her on FB and is available from MSM sources?

MOO:
1. MT is never afraid to use 'I' in her statements to express what she feels or thinks. In the bolded section, she chose to use the vague 'you' in the first sentence 'a love you have'. She does not mean the SP 'you' - the 'you' could be replaced with 'a person' or 'one' - making this an impersonal and distant from herself statement.

2. Continuing in the bolded section, she explains 'I know..." and gives a list of people who loved MB - but she does not include herself. She never says "I loved MB" - after teaching the lesson about agape love, 'you' love, and expressing all that other love that others have.

3. Overall, the impression is another sermon like the first letter. Given the circumstance of a murder, in a church, this SP is not a person likely to be swayed by such attempts to induce guilt. Why make the sermon then? (I think that sometimes a sermon is used to avoid making a direct denial of guilt by criminals who are in fact guilty - using the "moral outrage!" to deflect anyone questioning them.)

4. Why is MT making assumptions about the SP's family, SP's feelings, SP's thoughts, SP's outcome? The only outcome for SP on April 18, May 7 and today Aug 3, is that they have not been caught. I don't understand what she hopes to achieve. I don't know why she is even thinking about SP that way, as a person. JMO a victim family would likely think of SP as a boogieman or monster of some kind and not someone with a life, feelings, family. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that a victim like MB is the one humanized in tragedy, and the unknown killer is dehumanized in even the minds of strangers.

5. Of course loss of a family member is stressful, and MT like anyone would have a lot of stress over the loss of her DIL. But if the public FB post does not help solve the crime, is it merely for her own stress relief - is this FB really useful in any way? What is the purpose of the two letters? What does MT gain from making the two FB posts if not locating the killer?

6. If any of you have a thought on the style used of a series of rhetorical, unanswerable questions to the SP, I really would like to hear your observations.
Overall this 2nd letter has a tone of triumph to it that to me is telling. it is upbeat.

She does not ever say she loved MB-and she did not.

This is casually written, as though to someone she knows..not filled with rage and hate, but rather chatty.--she does not hate the killer

Well, let me tell you a little secret you may not comprehend. and the agape love thing--indication of her thinking she is smarter than others..takes pleasure in demonstrating that fact

I know her husband does-- Once again distancing BB from the crime by stating he loved MB

The moral superiority in this note is overwhelming.

Haven't posted in quite awhile, simply because we have such limited information and I feel like we are stuck on the hamster wheel. The circle just keeps spinning. Although the conversation keeps her name and info in our minds and hearts to keep attempting to get justice. I still wonder why SP didn't go ahead and lock the main door that MB came in, the campers might not have thought to much about it immediately, they might have just thought she was setting up and being careful that no one came in while she was doing what she needed. (Yes I am very glad SP didn't do that) just shows another level of arrogance on the part of SP IMO. I wish I had something more to contribute to the case, I can't help but wonder what the next step is at this time. Obviously they are searching high and low or already have, but why oh why can't they find them. So frustrating.

Whew, I am all caught up with catching up! I haven't posted in awhile but I have tried to keep up. I have greatly benefited from everyone's thoughts and ideas. I do have a POI in mind now. I am basing that on appearance and what I think is a motive. But, there are a couple of things that I just can't wrap my brain around. I still do not understand why TWO 911 calls came in at the same time (two 911 calls at 5:00 am listed on timeline posted by Midlothian Police Department on their FB page on 4/22) when MB was first found. Wouldn't one camper have known that the other camper was already on the phone with 911 and thus not bother to do the same? It doesn't make sense to me that two campers would call, each having different phones, and each talking to 911. And, I don't understand how SP escaped detection by a camera after the murder. I guess it doesn't matter as we know he/she did, but how... it just makes me wonder what actually occurred at the time of the murder and immediately afterward.

Welcome back. It doesn't surprise me that two 911 calls were made. I'd be willing to bet it happens a lot in the midst of shock and chaos.

Frankly, I find all discussion that casts suspicion on BB, MT, RB, and/or VB absurd. I'm not saying that any one of them is incapable of killing Missy. IMO, everyone is capable of killing under the right set of circumstances.

The fact is that none of them can be the person in the SWAT suit. Therefore, in order for them to be involved, there had to be a conspiracy or hired killer.

No one in the Bevers family is capable of successfully pulling off this murder and escaping detection by the law enforcement agencies working this case. These are ordinary people leading ordinary lives. They aren't smart enough, conniving enough, devious enough, or disciplined enough to get away with it.

Don't mistake my words. I'm not saying that the killer is necessarily smarter than average. However, for someone close to Missy (all of whom would have been investigated by LE) to do this and get away with it, they would have to be smart, conniving, devious, and disciplined.

In addition, I see nothing to indicate that anyone in the Bevers family wanted her dead or is glad she is gone.

I truly hope this case will be solved so that they don't have to endure these suspicions indefinitely.

Welcome back. It doesn't surprise me that two 911 calls were made. I'd be willing to bet it happens a lot in the midst of shock and chaos.

Could also be, that both callers had additional concerns regarding individuals, who were present just prior or during the discovery of the victim. At that time, I can imagine everyone was suspicious to almost everyone. Just saying.

-Nin

Phishie-Phishie...Psychologically, does this seem like a form of returning to the scene of the crime? or perhaps like inserting oneself into the crime investigation?

Unless it's a pro. They'd stay away. They would even be local - most likely.

-Nin

Confusion and shock
Imagine how the campers felt when they found her. I am sure there was a lot of confusion.
I don't see suspicion at that point , they wouldn't know how she died.
It was stated that someone called Missy's husband and told him that there had been an accident

Here is how I read the letter from MT.

'In the 3 weeks since you murdered Missy our family has been blessed with the love and support of friends and neighbors. Because of our faith in Jesus and with the help of all of these people, we feel the Peace that believers know. We knew Missy well and we loved her very much, despite her human flaws, of which we were well aware. By the way, Missy knew she was a flawed human and never did she pretend otherwise. The difference between Missy and you is that Missy worked towards forgiveness and to better herself and you chose to d*** yourself and your progeny by allowing your flaws to define you forever.

Did you think by murdering her you would expose her failings and somehow diminish her in our hearts? If so, you are a fool. We have agape, a love like no other and which you can not comprehend for if you could you would not have been able to commit this horrible crime against Missy and us. Did you take joy in having Missy's past exposed to the public? Was that short-lived joy worth the price you will ultimately pay?

While we enjoy the love and support of our community, your family and friends are looking at you sideways. Will you turn yourself in or will you subject your loved ones to the shame of you being hunted down, publicly arrested and making the perp walk for all to see - forever on film?

How little you really knew her, yet you judged her and gave her a sentence of death and all over your own self-loathing sense of inferiority imposed upon yourself by yourself.'

To me MT is lashing out at the perp. She thinks this was a crime based on jealousy and envy with a tinge of self-satisfying justification. I believe she is mistaken to think that SP is tormented by a conscience as she tries to make SP feel guilt or remorse.

Frankly, I find all discussion that casts suspicion on BB, MT, RB, and/or VB absurd. I'm not saying that any one of them is in capable of killing Missy. IMO, everyone is capable of killing under the right set of circumstances.

The fact is that none of them can be the person in the SWAT suit. Therefore, in order for them to be involved, there had to be a conspiracy or hired killer.

No one in the Bevers family is capable of successfully pulling off this murder and escaping detection by the law enforcement agencies working this case. These are ordinary people leading ordinary lives. They aren't smart enough, conniving enough, devious enough, or disciplined enough to get away with it.

Don't mistake my words. I'm not saying that the killer is necessarily smarter than average. However, for someone close to Missy (all of whom would have been investigated by LE) to do this and get away with it, they would have to be smart, conniving, devious, and disciplined.

In addition, I see nothing to indicate that anyone in the Bevers family wanted her dead or is glad she is gone.

I truly hope this case will be solved so that they don't have to endure these suspicions indefinitely.

It's funny how two people can look at the same information and data and arrive at two very different conclusions. We do agree on one point - RB, BB, & VB are not SP. However, there is nothing to say that they are not involved in a murder-for-hire plot.

You conclude that the family is not involved because they have escaped detection, but I would assert that no one has escaped anything at this point in time. While it seems like this case has been going forever, just over three months is not a long time to unravel a murder-for-hire plot. In the Teresa Sievers case, LE said that they had identified the key players by the time of TS's funereal. However, it took LE nearly 4 months to arrest the murderers and another 3 months to arrest the husband. In the Dan Markel case, it was two years before the family was implicated in his death. In my humble opinion, I don't think that the lack of arrests means that anyone has gotten away with anything at this relatively early stage of the investigation. (I did not go back and confirm the exact timing of arrests in the TS and DM cases so I could be off my a month or so in either direction. Please accept my apology if that is the case.)

Unlike you, I see plenty to suggest that the family is happy that MB is dead. Did you see RB gloating about the dog blood on his shirt? "You better believe" that I did. Did you see the picture of MB's three girls posed and smiling as they stood over their mother's grave? That image shows the disconnect between the reality of what happened and what the family thinks happened. Have you listened to any of the MT or KS interviews? I am referring to the ones where they confirm MB's extramarital relationship(s)/affair(s) and shortcomings. Nothing represents a grieving family more than victim shaming on a national stage.

Although you view my thoughts as "absurb," I still believe that the family was involved. I want this case solved just as much as you do. Justice for Missy!

The class-action lawsuit is interesting. Apparently, CG interns were quite unhappy with the pyramid scheme and the reality that only 6% of the trainers make $100,000 per year, the average earnings coming in at a paltry $2K-$3K per year.

This puts a new spin on things for me. Unpaid workers, required purchases and misleading earnings estimates make for a nasty brew and perhaps MB was going to testify on behalf of the intern plaintiffs as to the internal workings of CG? Maybe she was part of the scam maybe she was going to help expose it. Either way, the can of suspects that just opened up is much bigger than I thought.

JMHO

Frankly, I find all discussion that casts suspicion on BB, MT, RB, and/or VB absurd. I'm not saying that any one of them is incapable of killing Missy. IMO, everyone is capable of killing under the right set of circumstances.

This is where I hang up on the B-clan as well. Individually I can’t see any of them pulling it off and fooling the FBI,Texas Rangers, et al. The fact that no one’s been arrested after 3 months is in and of itself a pretty solid clue. Much of the conjecturing about them has been very general. Or involves 3,4, 5 people (the more people involved, the chances of it falling apart increase exponentially.) If it is two people even (one planning, guiding, the other delivering the hit), wouldn’t any cell communications be a dead giveaway? (3-4 in the morning outside small townAmerica.)

I then fall back to a professional hit (could have been ordered and orchestrated by a (singular) B. I’m thinking there’senough money floating around there to afford one.) OR one very calculated, disciplined individual that can plan and execute, leaving very little evidence and keep their mouth shut. OR someone (at least slightly unstable) that’s just off the radar somewhere. None of which are easy to catch and require time.

Prayers for wisdomand diligence of those working thanklessly on this case.

Confusion and shock
Imagine how the campers felt when they found her. I am sure there was a lot of confusion.
I don't see suspicion at that point , they wouldn't know how she died.
It was stated that someone called Missy's husband and told him that there had been an accident
I can't imagine. If there was glass surrounding or near her and seeing she was injured without knowing the type of injuries then I can see why anyone would assume an accident of some sort and why some would assume car accident when being told "accident". I don't think I would assume murder if I walked into a church and discovered something like this without knowing what the injuries were. We had a case in my state where a husband walked in to find his wife bloody and deceased and called 911 frantic saying he thought she committed suicide because all he saw was blood. Come to find out she was murdered and not by him.

It's funny how two people can look at the same information and data and arrive at two very different conclusions. We do agree on one point - RB, BB, & VB are not SP. However, there is nothing to say that they are not involved in a murder-for-hire plot.

Your conclude that the family is not involved because they have escaped detection, but I would assert that no one has escaped anything at this point in time. While it seems like this case has been going forever, just over three months is not a long time to unravel a murder-for-hire plot. In the Teresa Sievers case, LE said that they had identified the key players by the time of TS's funereal. However, it took LE nearly 4 months to arrest the murderers and another 3 months to arrest the husband. In the Dan Markel case, it was two years before the family was implicated in his death. In my humble opinion, I don't think that the lack of arrests means that anyone has gotten away with anything at this relatively early stage of the investigation. (I did not go back and confirm the exact timing of arrests in the TS and DM cases so I could be off my a month or so in either direction. Please accept my apology if that is the case.)

Unlike you, I see plenty to suggest that the family is happy that MB is dead. Did you see RB gloating about the dog blood on his shirt? "You better believe" that I did. Did you see the picture of MB's three girls posed and smiling as they stood over their mother's grave? That image shows the disconnect between the reality of what happened and what the family thinks happened. Have you listened to any of the MT or KS interviews? I am referring to the ones where they confirm MB's affairs and shortcomings. Nothing represents a grieving family more than victim shaming on a national stage.

Although you view my thoughts as "absurb," I still believe that the family was involved. I want this case solved just as much as you do. Justice for Missy!

Yes, I've seen and read all those things -- clearly, not through a jaundiced eye. And I'm quite familiar with the Sievers case. It bears no resemblance to the Bevers case. It was clear throughout the Sievers investigation that investigators were onto Mark Sievers. In this case, police have made it clear that the family is not involved. And, no, I don't believe they are just saying that as some sort of investigative strategy. It's clear that the Bevers family is no longer being looked at by legitimate investigators. IMO, this is because they have been thoroughly investigated and nothing to indicate their involvement was found.

Here is how I read the letter from MT.

'In the 3 weeks since you murdered Missy our family has been blessed with the love and support of friends and neighbors. Because of our faith in Jesus and with the help of all of these people, we feel the Peace that believers know. We knew Missy well and we loved her very much, despite her human flaws, of which we were well aware. By the way, Missy knew she was a flawed human and never did she pretend otherwise. The difference between Missy and you is that Missy worked towards forgiveness and to better herself and you chose to d*** yourself and your progeny by allowing your flaws to define you forever.

Did you think by murdering her you would expose her failings and somehow diminish her in our hearts? If so, you are a fool. We have agape, a love like no other and which you can not comprehend for if you could you would not have been able to commit this horrible crime against Missy and us. Did you take joy in having Missy's past exposed to the public? Was that short-lived joy worth the price you will ultimately pay?

While we enjoy the love and support of our community, your family and friends are looking at you sideways. Will you turn yourself in or will you subject your loved ones to the shame of you being hunted down, publicly arrested and making the perp walk for all to see - forever on film?

How little you really knew her, yet you judged her and gave her a sentence of death and all over your own self-loathing sense of inferiority imposed upon yourself by yourself.'

To me MT is lashing out at the perp. She thinks this was a crime based on jealousy and envy with a tinge of self-satisfying justification. I believe she is mistaken to think that SP is tormented by a conscience as she tries to make SP feel guilt or remorse.
Very well thought thru and written; only area I diverge is that I don’t think the murderer was thinking very far ahead (i.e. MB's deeds will be made public and everyone will see it (and care). I don’t think SP had any clue that this would become international news and people would be sitting around analyzing it 3 months later. My sense is that it was out of rage and theyjust wanted her GONE.

Your conclude that the family is not involved because they have escaped detection, but I would assert that no one has escaped anything at this point in time. While it seems like this case has been going forever, just over three months is not a long time to unravel a murder-for-hire plot. In the Teresa Sievers case, LE said that they had identified the key players by the time of TS's funereal. However, it took LE nearly 4 months to arrest the murderers and another 3 months to arrest the husband. In the Dan Markel case, it was two years before the family was implicated in his death. In my humble opinion, I don't think that the lack of arrests means that anyone has gotten away with anything at this relatively early stage of the investigation. (I did not go back and confirm the exact timing of arrests in the TS and DM cases so I could be off my a month or so in either direction. Please accept my apology if that is the case.)

Unlike you, I see plenty to suggest that the family is happy that MB is dead. Did you see RB gloating about the dog blood on his shirt? "You better believe" that I did. Did you see the picture of MB's three girls posed and smiling as they stood over their mother's grave? That image shows the disconnect between the reality of what happened and what the family thinks happened. Have you listened to any of the MT or KS interviews? I am referring to the ones where they confirm MB's extramarital relationship(s)/affair(s) and shortcomings. Nothing represents a grieving family more than victim shaming on a national stage.

I can't rule out murder for hire but then again how many of us would know a pro at a hit? How many would think several times before beginning to ask around if someone else knew one fearing of their reaction and/or them snitching us out? How many would then resort to asking strangers in fear of the same chances of spilling the beans? Using Teresa Siever's case, her husband was scum and surrounded himself with scum who had no problem taking people out. It was his best friend.... much easier and more comfortable in getting a job like this done.

I'd like to know if the local citizens are content with the status of the investigation. It appears stalled and likely to go cold from my perspective.

I appreciate the locals who have spoken up since I made this request. Hoping there are more reading that will offer their perspective on the status of the investigation.

I am a local (live a town over) who is new to WS. I have been following the threads for several weeks now but haven't commented since I don't have any more info than everyone else here. I'm hoping MPD will have an arrest soon or at least provide some update that lets us all know this case has not gone cold. I feel for her poor children and pray that any arrest that is made does not cause even greater grief to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member