TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the video from the very beginning *again* and notice how much the perp's axis (head to toe) leans towards his left during the lifting phase of the right entire leg:

attachment.php

The "tapping the wall" happens during the lifting phase of his right leg. Every time he lift's his right leg, he sways to the left side and uses his hand for a balance check on the wall. I do not think this is an ankle injury. I believe we are looking at an issue with right hip or even knee. IMO higher than the ankle. They seem in pain in this very beginning of the video. I do not observe the same in the remaining video. I see the gait and the right more outwardly turned foot, but I do not see the same balancing problem, like in the first frames of the video. Did he fake his "bad leg" right there, or dis he actually have a major problem with his right hip/ knee?

This is significant, as it bears the question, why would they dare to even be caught on tape with a possible characteristic "injury"? IMO that individual was either hurt during entering and could not abort his plans due to contract (?), or he is faking a worse issue than he in fact has in order to cover up his "duck walk".

Just thought I mention it.

-Nin

Attachments

• workstation 3.png
    workstation 3.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 252
I am a local (live a town over) who is new to WS. I have been following the threads for several weeks now but haven't commented since I don't have any more info than everyone else here. I'm hoping MPD will have an arrest soon or at least provide some update that lets us all know this case has not gone cold. I feel for her poor children and pray that any arrest that is made does not cause even greater grief to them.

Welcome to WS sherriw730

I am a local (live a town over) who is new to WS. I have been following the threads for several weeks now but haven't commented since I don't have any more info than everyone else here. I'm hoping MPD will have an arrest soon or at least provide some update that lets us all know this case has not gone cold. I feel for her poor children and pray that any arrest that is made does not cause even greater grief to them.

Welcome sherriw730!

-Nin

Check out the video from the very beginning *again* and notice how much the perp's axis (head to toe) leans towards his left during the lifting phase of the right entire leg:

attachment.php

The "tapping the wall" happens during the lifting phase of his right leg. Every time he lift's his right leg, he sways to the left side and uses his hand for a balance check on the wall. I do not think this is an ankle injury. I believe we are looking at an issue with right hip or even knee. IMO higher than the ankle. They seem in pain in this very beginning of the video. I do not observe the same in the remaining video. I see the gait and the right more outwardly turned foot, but I do not see the same balancing problem, like in the first frames of the video. Did he fake his "bad leg" right there, or dis he actually have a major problem with his right hip/ knee?

This is significant, as it bears the question, why would they dare to even be caught on tape with a possible characteristic "injury"? IMO that individual was either hurt during entering and could not abort his plans due to contract (?), or he is faking a worse issue than he in fact has in order to cover up his "duck walk".

Just thought I mention it.

-Nin
I’d think an orthopedic Dr. would be able to watch the video 3 or 4 times and be able to give a decently detailed evaluation. I hope LE has done this (I find myself saying that a lot). I hope when this all goes to trial we will beimpressed by the outstanding work done by our LEO’s.

I appreciate all the talent that has gone into putting the pieces together, even tho we don't have all the pieces yet. Having the layout of the church was HUGE for me, the photos, the SW's as well as the intense work that went into the green man. At one time or another I've suspected nearly everyone on the target list, and some who aren't. No one is off the table for me completely. We'll just have to wait it out. I think the LE is on top of this and is watching every move. IMO.

The fact is that none of them can be the person in the SWAT suit.

That is not fact. It's conjecture.

No one in the Bevers family is capable of successfully pulling off this murder and escaping detection by the law enforcement agencies working this case. These are ordinary people leading ordinary lives. They aren't smart enough, conniving enough, devious enough, or disciplined enough to get away with it.

I'm not seeing any significant lack of intelligence or sophistication in members of the Bevers family. Nor am I seeing some great amount of intelligence or discipline required to pull off this crime. It's possible I could be convinced otherwise, but at this point I'm not seeing it.

I also doubt very much the murderer has "gotten away with" anything. Even with the small amount we know about this case, it seems to be more complicated than average due to the nature of the evidence. The investigators have less experience in homicide investigations than most, so I'm sure LE is being meticulous. I'd rather they take their time and get it right.

I truly hope this case will be solved so that they don't have to endure these suspicions indefinitely.

I agree. Everyone wants the case solved. Yes it's tragic for the victim's survivors. But part of the process of solving a murder is to look close and look everywhere. If investigators had a hands-off policy for murder victim's family members and partners because of their suffering, an additional 40% of murders committed against women would never be solved. Even the family members know this and have publicly acknowledged it.

In addition, I see nothing to indicate that anyone in the Bevers family wanted her dead or is glad she is gone.

I see nothing to indicate that either. But I don't personally know the family or the victim, nor do I have access to evidence that might reveal the complete nature of the family dynamics/relationships. My point is just because we don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the same way that I don't see evidence of a particularly shrewd or calculating crime, that doesn't mean it wasn't. One thing I have noticed is that side of the family has been very vocal. Some find it difficult to ignore the backhanded compliments made about MB. Every veiled criticism I've heard about MB has come from that side of the family. Enough to believe any one of them wanted her dead or is glad she's gone? No, not even close. But still, they are curious in the big picture.

It may turn out that no one in the Bevers family was involved. I would sure like that to be true.

<modsnip> ... no one here knows what LE has investigated thoroughly. They have not named a POI nor a suspect and they have not cleared anyone either. Even BB said and understands that. Also, if several people were involved in the planning of the murder, or if they came to learn who perp is and have protected them, they can be equally indicted for crimes. While alibis of BB and RB have been checked out, we have no idea if anyone else's has. And people with geographically sound alibis could still have been aiders and abettors. JMO

I'm not seeing any significant lack of intelligence or sophistication in members of the Bevers family. Nor am I seeing some great amount of intelligence or discipline required to pull off this crime. It's possible I could be convinced otherwise, but at this point I'm not seeing it.

I also doubt very much the murderer has "gotten away with" anything. Even with the small amount we know about this case, it seems to be more complicated than average due to the nature of the evidence. The investigators have less experience in homicide investigations than most, so I'm sure LE is being meticulous. I'd rather they take their time and get it right.

I agree. Everyone wants the case solved. Yes it's tragic for the victim's survivors. But part of the process of solving a murder is to look close and look everywhere. If investigators had a hands-off policy for murder victim's family members and partners because of their suffering, an additional 40% of murders committed against women would never be solved. Even the family members know this and have publicly acknowledged it.

I see nothing to indicate that either. But I don't personally know the family or the victim, nor do I have access to evidence that might reveal the complete nature of the family dynamics/relationships. My point is just because we don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the same way that I don't see evidence of a particularly shrewd or calculating crime, that doesn't mean it wasn't. One thing I have noticed is that side of the family has been very vocal. Some find it difficult to ignore the backhanded compliments made about MB. Every veiled criticism I've heard about MB has come from that side of the family. Enough to believe any one of them wanted her dead or is glad she's gone? No, not even close. But still, they are curious in the big picture.

It may turn out that no one in the Bevers family was involved. I would sure like that to be true.

I in no way suggested that LE should have a hands-off approach to the victim's family. On the contrary, I believe the family and others close to Missy have been thoroughly investigated and rightfully so. That part of the investigation did not pan out. Unfortunately, police have admitted they are running out of leads and have publicly expressed their frustration. Some wish to believe they are only pretending as an investigative strategy. I do not.

Police have confirmed the alibis of BB and RB/VB. Therefore they cannot be the person in SWAT gear unless one assumes that investigators don't know how to confirm an alibi. I haven't seen anyone try to virtually dress MT up in that gear. Are you suggesting she would have the same appearance as the suspect if she were dressed in that gear?

<modsnip> ... no one here knows what LE has investigated thoroughly. They have not named a POI nor a suspect and they have not cleared anyone either. Even BB said and understands that. Also, if several people were involved in the planning of the murder, or if they came to learn who perp is and have protected them, they can be equally indicted for crimes. While alibis of BB and RB have been checked out, we have no idea if anyone else's has. And people with geographically sound alibis could still have been aiders and abettors. JMO

I stand by my assertion that the Bevers are not capable of planning this murder or hiring it done without leaving any evidence that would implicate them. If police believed they were involved, it would be apparent.

MT - My 2nd Letter to the Murderer of Missy Bevers: 5/7/16

1) It has been 2 weeks since I wrote the 1st letter to you. Almost 3 weeks since you murdered Missy.

2) I would guarantee your life has been more miserable than ours! Our life has been filled with peace that you wouldn't understand. Something only a God-fearing, saved by Jesus, person truly understands! We have been blessed by so many wonderful people, willing to share our grief, by praying with us, preparing meals for her family and just blessing us with all of their actions in so many ways!

3) How about you? Are you feeling all the love from your family and friends? Or do they suspect you, thinking something is not right with you? How did it make you feel when so many people all over this nation, said such glowing things about Missy? You probably sat back and thought," how little do they really know her". I assume you were jumping up and down when the news about her life was not as perfect as a lot of people thought.

4) Well, let me tell you a little secret you may not comprehend. No, she wasn't perfect and she never claimed to be. But, the secret is, there is something called "agape" love. Meaning, there really is a love you have, that no matter what you have done in the past or present, you still love them! I know her husband does, her 3 girls, her mom, brothers, all her family and friends.

5) Sorry, there is nothing that can ever change that! I'm sure that disappoints you. But, it's the truth!!
Are you getting a bit nervous, shaking in your " boots that look too big?" You should be! It's just a matter of time now.

6) Things would be a lot easier on you to just go ahead and turn yourself in. I'm sure the officials will take that into account.

7) Go ahead and clear your conscience, you will feel better. No sense in having your family witness you being picked up by the police and leaving that lasting vision on their minds forever! We are all waiting! It's one way or the other!!

JMHO
1) MT is addressing a specific individual whom she believes murdered her DIL.
2) MT expresses the Biblical reference in Phil 4:7 that the SP lacks: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus."
3) MT is contradictory here: "many people all over this nation, said such glowing things about Missy". Then, adds: "her life was not as perfect as a lot of people thought".
4) MT indicates those who possess agape love for MB, despite any possible shortcomings, by writing, "her husband does, her 3 girls, her mom, brothers, all her family and friends".
5) MT indicates SP's jealousy over the love held by Missy from others in her life. Assumes SP is "shaking in your " boots that look too big?" And, if SP isn't nervous, then, SP should be.
6) MT urges SP to turn themselves into LEO so life would be easier for everyone involved.
7) MT clearly has a specific person in mind when she closes the letter. IMO, that suspect is CT. This letter was written 3 weeks after Missy's murder and, in the meanwhile, things could have changed her mind since this letter was composed.
:cow:

MT - My 2nd Letter to the Murderer of Missy Bevers: 5/7/16

1) It has been 2 weeks since I wrote the 1st letter to you. Almost 3 weeks since you murdered Missy.

2) I would guarantee your life has been more miserable than ours! Our life has been filled with peace that you wouldn't understand. Something only a God-fearing, saved by Jesus, person truly understands! We have been blessed by so many wonderful people, willing to share our grief, by praying with us, preparing meals for her family and just blessing us with all of their actions in so many ways!

3) How about you? Are you feeling all the love from your family and friends? Or do they suspect you, thinking something is not right with you? How did it make you feel when so many people all over this nation, said such glowing things about Missy? You probably sat back and thought," how little do they really know her". I assume you were jumping up and down when the news about her life was not as perfect as a lot of people thought.

4) Well, let me tell you a little secret you may not comprehend. No, she wasn't perfect and she never claimed to be. But, the secret is, there is something called "agape" love. Meaning, there really is a love you have, that no matter what you have done in the past or present, you still love them! I know her husband does, her 3 girls, her mom, brothers, all her family and friends.

5) Sorry, there is nothing that can ever change that! I'm sure that disappoints you. But, it's the truth!!
Are you getting a bit nervous, shaking in your " boots that look too big?" You should be! It's just a matter of time now.

6) Things would be a lot easier on you to just go ahead and turn yourself in. I'm sure the officials will take that into account.

7) Go ahead and clear your conscience, you will feel better. No sense in having your family witness you being picked up by the police and leaving that lasting vision on their minds forever! We are all waiting! It's one way or the other!!

JMHO
1) MT is addressing a specific individual whom she believes murdered her DIL.
2) MT expresses the Biblical reference in Phil 4:7 that the SP lacks: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus."
3) MT is contradictory here: "many people all over this nation, said such glowing things about Missy". Then, adds: "her life was not as perfect as a lot of people thought".
4) MT indicates those who possess agape love for MB, despite any possible shortcomings, by writing, "her husband does, her 3 girls, her mom, brothers, all her family and friends".
5) MT indicates SP's jealousy over the love held by Missy from others in her life. Assumes SP is "shaking in your " boots that look too big?" And, if SP isn't nervous, then, SP should be.
6) MT urges SP to turn themselves into LEO so life would be easier for everyone involved.
7) MT clearly has a specific person in mind when she closes the letter. IMO, that suspect is CT. This letter was written 3 weeks after Missy's murder and, in the meanwhile, things could have changed her mind since this letter was composed.
:cow:
I didn't notice the "boots that look too big". Good assessment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ahhh... except for the narcissistic sociopath who who believes himself to be smarter than everyone else. ID just aired the story of Dale Hausner/The Phoenix Shooter (convicted of 6 murders, sentenced to 6 death penalties, committed suicide). After his arrest but before the public defender could meet with him, Hausner scheduled a press conference to declare his innocence and integrity to the world, so great was his opinion of himself. He was one of 5 boys raised in a normal family and one of his brothers said they could not believe he would do these things. He wore the mask of sanity and fooled everyone. Another one is Jodi Arias, so convinced of her ability to lie and manipulate her way out of trouble, smiling to cameras, "no jury will convict ME!" Susan Smith who wept for her "carjacked" boys... Anyway, in this particular case of MB, I think the silence of the innocent is somehow compelling - her own mother and family of origin, her own friends, the CG campers, her church - no one wants to say much of anything.

I do think Missy's family (her side of the family that is) is not involved in this murder. Of course, I think they have ideas on whodunit. And I think they are keeping their thoughts to themselves or at least out of the media is because it's a small town and they are just waiting to see it all flesh out. With all of the background chatter surrounding both Missy and Brandon along with their associates and the forever gleeful and smiling FIL of Missy, I am sure her family has ideas.

But there are children involved, the victims children, and I am sure they do not want to drive any wedges or more division, if it exists, into this family and the tragic saga they are living.

All shall be revealed. They are waiting,

This is my opinion.

I do think Missy's family (her side of the family that is) is not involved in this murder. Of course, I think they have ideas on whodunit. And I think they are keeping their thoughts to themselves or at least out of the media is because it's a small town and they are just waiting to see it all flesh out. With all of the background chatter surrounding both Missy and Brandon along with their associates and the forever gleeful and smiling FIL of Missy, I am sure her family has ideas.

But there are children involved, the victims children, and I am sure they do not want to drive any wedges or more division, if it exists, into this family and the tragic saga they are living.

All shall be revealed. They are waiting,

This is my opinion.

Respectfully, what do you think they are waiting for?

I thought that taking another look at MT's first letter to the killer was a good exercise, and something we have not discussed in a long time. How about the second letter which was also published by her on FB and is available from MSM sources?

MOO:
1. MT is never afraid to use 'I' in her statements to express what she feels or thinks. In the bolded section, she chose to use the vague 'you' in the first sentence 'a love you have'. She does not mean the SP 'you' - the 'you' could be replaced with 'a person' or 'one' - making this an impersonal and distant from herself statement.

2. Continuing in the bolded section, she explains 'I know..." and gives a list of people who loved MB - but she does not include herself. She never says "I loved MB" - after teaching the lesson about agape love, 'you' love, and expressing all that other love that others have.

3. Overall, the impression is another sermon like the first letter. Given the circumstance of a murder, in a church, this SP is not a person likely to be swayed by such attempts to induce guilt. Why make the sermon then? (I think that sometimes a sermon is used to avoid making a direct denial of guilt by criminals who are in fact guilty - using the "moral outrage!" to deflect anyone questioning them.)

4. Why is MT making assumptions about the SP's family, SP's feelings, SP's thoughts, SP's outcome? The only outcome for SP on April 18, May 7 and today Aug 3, is that they have not been caught. I don't understand what she hopes to achieve. I don't know why she is even thinking about SP that way, as a person. JMO a victim family would likely think of SP as a boogieman or monster of some kind and not someone with a life, feelings, family. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that a victim like MB is the one humanized in tragedy, and the unknown killer is dehumanized in even the minds of strangers.

5. Of course loss of a family member is stressful, and MT like anyone would have a lot of stress over the loss of her DIL. But if the public FB post does not help solve the crime, is it merely for her own stress relief - is this FB really useful in any way? What is the purpose of the two letters? What does MT gain from making the two FB posts if not locating the killer?

6. If any of you have a thought on the style used of a series of rhetorical, unanswerable questions to the SP, I really would like to hear your observations.

Can I ask respectfully - what is to be gained by micro-analyzing MT's words? She's never been a POI, never been named in a SW, correct? I can see it more with BB as he was the spouse and was named in SWs. But even he is not a focus of the investigation as far as LE is concerned. So MT would be even further removed.

I realize she has made public comments and so there is stuff out there on the record. But if there's zero to indicate her involvement, then what good does it do? Please don't think I'm attacking or being snarky - just asking the question and maybe you have a different angle on it that I'm not thinking of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe females have an easier time assessing MT's behavior and statements. She sets off many of our hinky meters. Possibly because we have experienced people like her in terms of their attitudes and agendas. To many of us, it is plain to see that she loathed Missy. Obviously not when she introduced her to her son, but when Missy set new goals for herself and started working out and teaching fitness, she changed. BB has said that, too. MT remains a POI in many of our minds.....but since each of us has their own perspective, theres no sense in trying to change minds. I have no real idea who SP is, but I think that BB knows. And I suspect that MT does, too. JMO

I in no way suggested that LE should have a hands-off approach to the victim's family. On the contrary, I believe the family and others close to Missy have been thoroughly investigated and rightfully so. That part of the investigation did not pan out. Unfortunately, police have admitted they are running out of leads and have publicly expressed their frustration. Some wish to believe they are only pretending as an investigative strategy. I do not.

Police have confirmed the alibis of BB and RB/VB. Therefore they cannot be the person in SWAT gear unless one assumes that investigators don't know how to confirm an alibi. I haven't seen anyone try to virtually dress MT up in that gear. Are you suggesting she would have the same appearance as the suspect if she were dressed in that gear?

If you're asking do I think MT had anything to do with the crime, my answer is no. In my opinion, she is also not SP.

But LE has not cleared anyone, nor have they confirmed any alibis. They have stated that alibis for BB and RB were independently corroborated, which is different. Just because I have receipts or someone claiming to have seen me where I claim to be does not necessarily make it so. Let's say I have an alibi and a credible person claims they saw me there around that time, or I produce a receipt showing I was where I claimed to be - that is an independent corroboration. However, if there is anything that weighs against my alibi, other evidence may be necessary to confirm it. Video evidence, cell phone records, exact times, additional eyewitness accounts, etc.

Receipts and witnesses are alibi corroborations. I know for certain LE knows how to confirm an alibi, whether it's been independently corroborated or not. I have no doubt whatsoever they are doing/have done just that.

I can just imagine the place is instantly hysterical and chaotic. It's not organized. You grab your phone and make sure the EMT's get called (even if you think some one else might be doing the same).

Was just reviewing the search warrants yesterday and it seems the first 911 call stated a person was down and deceased. I find it odd you would immediately assume the person was dead. It is probably nothing, but I found it interesting. As far as there being more than one 911 call, the other caller may have fled the building in fear? Or something similar.... MOO moo :)

I’d think an orthopedic Dr. would be able to watch the video 3 or 4 times and be able to give a decently detailed evaluation. I hope LE has done this (I find myself saying that a lot). I hope when this all goes to trial we will beimpressed by the outstanding work done by our LEO’s.

I do know that rain and stormy weather can really bring out the yuk in previous injuries and arthritic type diseases too. Knowing that.....why in the world would a person plan on carrying something like this out on a day of crippling weather? Contract maybe as suggested

If you're asking do I think MT had anything to do with the crime, my answer is no. In my opinion, she is also not SP.

But LE has not cleared anyone, nor have they confirmed any alibis. They have stated that alibis for BB and RB were independently corroborated, which is different. Just because I have receipts or someone claiming to have seen me where I claim to be does not necessarily make it so. Let's say I have an alibi and a credible person claims they saw me there around that time, or I produce a receipt showing I was where I claimed to be - that is an independent corroboration. However, if there is anything that weighs against my alibi, other evidence may be necessary to confirm it. Video evidence, cell phone records, exact times, additional eyewitness accounts, etc.

Receipts and witnesses are alibi corroborations. I know for certain LE knows how to confirm an alibi, whether it's been independently corroborated or not. I have no doubt whatsoever they are doing/have done just that.

They provided detailed alibis that have been independently corroborated. They are not at the focus of the investigation. <modsnip>

Hearing backhanded comments about MB is only from ones individual interpretation that can be received with the help of "just looking to find something wrong" in the wording. We're all capable of it but I personally can't say I gathered that from anything the family said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221