TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local and have read every post on all of Missy's threads. First, as many have stated, the sleuthers here are amazingly talented and we appreciate all of your efforts in bringing her killer to justice.

i posted a few times in earlier threads when a specific question was asked of locals if I felt I could be helpful. I have not posted lately for several reasons. I think the first, is obvious...I tend to be a rule follower to a fault and I do not want to violate TOS and more importantly, anything I could really add would be met with "You got a link for that?" And rightfully so! Secondly, I think much of our community feels very heartbroken and protective of Missy's young daughters. Yes, all of this will eventually come out at a trial (I believe the killer will be caught) but I think most people feel like it isn't our place to do so. I want to say that I have been very proud of the community's reaction to this horrific crime. People are really focused on justice being served, not so much on all of the salacious details...and I think there is to a certain degree a lot of southern etiquette occurring here...let's keep our mouths shut publically and let the women and men in law enforcement do their job. I realize some of that seems contradictory in that we love and are thankful that anonymous people on a website care enough whether it is from a place of compassion or a place of interest in crime to do so much work on their own time, WE just don't want to be the ones pointing fingers. I think most of us are too close to this. Someone mentioned earlier how interconnected the people are and that is so true...I would say that everyone I know knew Missy, or a camper, or the kids, or fellow trainers, or some of the EMTs on scene, or the detectives...and the list goes on and on.

My opinion, and again, it is an opinion only is that this case is diligently being worked on and an arrest will happen, but I don't believe it will be soon. Missy lived her life in a way that invited many people into her life...I do not in anyway mean that disrespectfully. I sincerely believe that she was a lovely woman, full of life and energy and a desire to help others and perhaps a bit naive when it comes to social media and communicating with people through it that you really don't know. I have absolutely no social media presence whatsoever because I have been the victim of a violent crime and touched by evil, and I don't want my attacker or anyone else to have an intimate portrait of my life. Missy was innocent to that. Of course she never realized the danger...we all discount it. She was too great of a mother to have placed her daughters in danger.

Because of her huge network, I think the police have a large list of possibilities as to what was the motive and who did it. Think about it...if I said the killer was one person, ten people on here could cast reasonable doubt on my remarks in two minutes or less by offering another plausible scenario or suspect.

I do believe that the exhaustive review of all the digital data will be key.

Sorry to be so long. Thank you all again and much respect for all of your knowledge and skills.

The point is, we can't talk on here about things that aren't public knowledge. Posts have been deleted and admins have reminded us that we need to back information up with links to MSM or LE.

In your scenario of a POI being named in a sealed SW, that might or might not be the case with that person but the end result would be the same - we only sleuth those named publicly, and she hasn't been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She wrote 2 public letters and has been interviewed on MSM, we are allowed to analyze her words, her demeanor in the interviews and the meaning of the open letters.

She wrote 2 public letters and has been interviewed on MSM, we are allowed to analyze her words, her demeanor in the interviews and the meaning of the open letters.

As we could do with LE or anyone who has said anything about the case, ever. But talking about their oddness or quirks or mannerisms wouldn't be sleuthing.

Especially since you wouldn't have been doing research or looking at anyone UNTIL she was killed. Or were you doing research for another reason?
Poor wording, eh? I was researching Camp Gladiator and looking at events AFTER her death and one group of events were some seriously heavy duty almost military in nature Spartan races. Think Spartan Races on steroids. That's when I came across a picture of MB and this fellow...

I am a local and have read every post on all of Missy's threads. First, as many have stated, the sleuthers here are amazingly talented and we appreciate all of your efforts in bringing her killer to justice.

i posted a few times in earlier threads when a specific question was asked of locals if I felt I could be helpful. I have not posted lately for several reasons. I think the first, is obvious...I tend to be a rule follower to a fault and I do not want to violate TOS and more importantly, anything I could really add would be met with "You got a link for that?" And rightfully so! Secondly, I think much of our community feels very heartbroken and protective of Missy's young daughters. Yes, all of this will eventually come out at a trial (I believe the killer will be caught) but I think most people feel like it isn't our place to do so. I want to say that I have been very proud of the community's reaction to this horrific crime. People are really focused on justice being served, not so much on all of the salacious details...and I think there is to a certain degree a lot of southern etiquette occurring here...let's keep our mouths shut publically and let the women and men in law enforcement do their job. I realize some of that seems contradictory in that we love and are thankful that anonymous people on a website care enough whether it is from a place of compassion or a place of interest in crime to do so much work on their own time, WE just don't want to be the ones pointing fingers. I think most of us are too close to this. Someone mentioned earlier how interconnected the people are and that is so true...I would say that everyone I know knew Missy, or a camper, or the kids, or fellow trainers, or some of the EMTs on scene, or the detectives...and the list goes on and on.

My opinion, and again, it is an opinion only is that this case is diligently being worked on and an arrest will happen, but I don't believe it will be soon. Missy lived her life in a way that invited many people into her life...I do not in anyway mean that disrespectfully. I sincerely believe that she was a lovely woman, full of life and energy and a desire to help others and perhaps a bit naive when it comes to social media and communicating with people through it that you really don't know. I have absolutely no social media presence whatsoever because I have been the victim of a violent crime and touched by evil, and I don't want my attacker or anyone else to have an intimate portrait of my life. Missy was innocent to that. Of course she never realized the danger...we all discount it. She was too great of a mother to have placed her daughters in danger.

Because of her huge network, I think the police have a large list of possibilities as to what was the motive and who did it. Think about it...if I said the killer was one person, ten people on here could cast reasonable doubt on my remarks in two minutes or less by offering another plausible scenario or suspect.

Sorry to be so long. Thank you all again and much respect for all of your knowledge and skills.
So very well expressed!! Thank you for reeling us in. My deepest condolences to you and all your connections mentioned.

Fantastic post. So well considered and spoken. Thank you.

Thank you for posting, Wizard. Your perspective is appreciated.

<modsnip>

Great dialog! Good to keep the blood flowing, air out the dirty laundry, and agree to disagree!

Remember when there used to be actual investigative JOURNALISTS? Seems like there was always someone working on a case maybe 10 years ago. Now, with the Feds so involved in cases, there are no LE leaks from local police, because they are often not privy to information. Also, more and more cases are presented to Grand Juries, so the lid is on tight. If I were down there for a while, I'd be talking to people and snooping around on my own......not stalking, just checking people and places out. But here I am, stuck on the couch, LOL. JMO

Crime Classification Manual: A Standard System for Investigating and Classifying Violent Crime
by John Douglas (Author), Ann W. Burgess (Author), Allen G. Burgess (Author), Robert K. Ressler (Author)

Take a Look Inside

https://www.amazon.com/Crime-Classi...-Classifying/dp/1118305051/ref=dp_ob_title_bk Third Edition

View attachment 99361

NIN Posted a SP Profile in Thread 34 Post 854
How about discussing an SP profile. Let's add or eliminate from the following list:

· Keeps calm under pressure ( risky window of operation)
· Possibly has access to tools, if s-he brought them to the church
· Organized ( tools , gear)
· Knowledge and capability to gain access to a secured building
· Being able to leave in the early morning hours,either lives alone, works early or just took the chance to leave the house unnoticed. Or roommate is accomplice
· Access to police outfit, fake or authentic
· Outfit and concealment planned
· Risk taker (surveillance cameras, tight timeline)
· Brutal (MB head and chest injuries) or has training to go “for target”
· Confident, dominant
· Possibly skilled with hammer (swing) and prybar( possibly bending door plate of door next to bulletin board?)
· Specific gait, temporary or permanent
· Methodical
· Feminine touch (when standing in front of bulletin board)
· Keeps track of time (if targeted hit)
· Coordinated (entry/ exit point)
· Right handed

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-34&p=12722525#post12722525

Based on LE's description of the SP as being "light skinned" I would say he is not Caucasian. jmo

This case is getting huge. We are on thread #35. The average thread (I looked at 4 or 5) is running right around 1,000 posts.

Total guesstimate, the average post is 30 words.

That means we are already at OVER 1,000,000 (one million) words.

The average book is about60,000 words. So we have the equivalentof 17 books here.

Why do I bring this up? When you say “give me a link”, you are askingthem to go through about 17 books. Lessorganized than your average book.

This weekend, I was challenged when I said I had read the unredacted version of the SW (confirming CT was not the half-brother). Saw it with my own eyes. Even though others jumped in to say they saw it too. I didn’t SS it, so my statement was summarily dismissed as conjecture (or worse).

It took me over an hour to dig up proof. And then I got interested in the posts in that area and read for another hour or two.

CONCLUSIONS:
1. We’ve drifted along ways. Go back to thread 9 or 10 orso and see where we were. We were closer to the event and hadn’t let our lack of information force us further out.(seriously, we haven’t gotten much of anything to work with.)

We need to be discerning in our filtering of information. I appreciate the TOS and integrity with which this forum operates. But logical and obvious things are being challenged and dismissed that isn’t bringing us closer to solving this thing. I appreciate the recent response that essentially said, “No, I’m not going to go digging through volumes of pages because of your(Over)skepticism. You’ll have to justaccept it or not.” On an issue that had already been resolved and put to bed.

Realize there is a different crowd blogging here than 2months ago (see that as well when you look back.) There are some things that have already been hashed ad nauseum. Let’s not go throughit again. There’s a lot of intelligent people here. Acknowledge that and realize we as a team are better equipped than any one individual.

Okay, we haven't had any new information and we can only discuss those in the SW. Given that, the 2 people most speculated to be SP are BB and CT. I am going to quickly run through my own thoughts about their possible involvement. Feel free to and add any additional reasons why you think either one is or is not SP or to play devils advocate to the thoughts I have listed (or add other POIs that fit within the TOS and you think you can make a good case for).

BB.
Here are some of my reasons that make me think he could be SP (for BB I am going to ponder both being SP or having hired someone else to be SP).

He is the husband, so immediate POI, and murder statistics say that is rightly so. Even more so when you consider SP hit MB in the head and chest with a hammer.

It is a fact that MB was having, at a minimum, an emotional affair of sorts with someone outside the marriage and the marriage had some financial issues. We know BB was aware of the extra-marital relationships. Despite the level of either of those claims, it is enough to give motive. People have killed for less and any court would consider that enough.

MB had transformed her self physically, which is usually accompanied by a new found mental strength. I won't go so far as to count this as motive because for all we know, BB liked it, but it can be a large change that a relationship has to adapt to. I actually have a handful of CG friends and 2 of the 3 actually went through some marital issues after their 'transformations'.

He knew her schedule well. It is very likely he knew her patterns once there (I imagine he has asked her before if it is safe, if anyone is there, where she has to go to set up, etc).

From what I have read in MSM, MB really only had 2 places she went on a regular schedule that would have her away from the public. Home, and CG. The murder having not occurred in the only one of those 2 places that didn't have cameras says to me that SP either cared about the kids seeing MB dead or they thought it taking place at home would cast more suspicion on family.

I really feel the only real reason LE revised their initial statement to say SP could be female was because the Bevers family came in to say they thought it was a woman and LE then realized they shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, which could cause issues at trial. I personally only see a male when I look at SP footage. Both pre and post Batbrat gear removal. So, for me, that puts the video as a reason to say BB is SP.

His personality when talking to the media. I know, very subjective.

Now, against:
He was apparently a long ways away. I don't count the alibi too much for or against, because I have seen many a case where validated alibis break down much later - LE comes across more footage or finds out how something was faked, etc. Plus, like I mentioned above, I am still considering that he could have hired someone. For now though, he has an alibi, so against him being SP.

His height. He looks to just barely fit in the estimates Batbrat arrived at and doesn't fit in LEs estimate.

From everything we can tell, MB was a wonderful mother and had a great relationship with her kids. I can't imagine him being willing to take her away from the kids.

The planning. BB doesn't seem overly cunning and sharp. I go back and forth on what all it would have taken to plan this murder. As well known as her location and schedule were to many, maybe it wasn't that complex, but if it was BB, the alibi took lots of prep work and if he hired someone, that takes a lot of work to do and pull of to the point the whole thing doesn't unravel immediately (which it hasn't).

CT
For:
Her husband worked in the same business as MB and had occasion to be around MB. Women can often become jealous when they know their husband is around other attractive women.

MT should have some good inside information an IMO she is indicating in her last letter that she believes SP was female. She talks about SP feeling inferior to MB, which makes me think she is saying it was another female. CT just had a baby so she didn't appear to be very fit at the time of the murder, so, this could fit well with CT feeling inferior to MB.

MT's last letter 100% assumes that SP knew MB had been unfaithful. If she is indicating in her letter that SP is female, her comment that SP wants to "judge" MB for her indiscretions would imply that SP was the one wronged by MB. Now, we have no evidence that MB and AT had an affair, but if we take what MT says seriously given that she has inside detail, the letter would have to lead to a "for" CT being SP more than an against.

The 'eyes'. Now, I have some seen some pictures that look nearly identical to CT. I did save them but hesitate to repost. My concern is I don't see that same look anywhere legitimate. I can't remember who posted it and the editing seems like it could have been manipulated. I definitely trust MrsPCs eye pictures, but in those I just don't see the CT resemblance. The differences make me tempted to ignore this one all together as I am familiar with photo editing and I know the amount of distortion and artifacting that occurs, especially with such terrible quality raw images. For now though, I can't get passed the likeness I have seen, so I will put this as a for.

Against:
I can't come up with a plausible scenario that would have allowed her to get away unnoticed. If she was away from both the kids and AT that early morning, that had to be a rarity and I would think they would have LE all over her.

The footage, looks male to me and doesn't seem to fit her body type.

The strength to break in says male to me

The use of a hammer reads more male to me

The calmness of SP. For me, if you have a female that is not in great shape being minutes from attacking a female that is a fitness trainer, that female would show more stress\nervousness.

Okay, feel free to tear apart my initial thoughts or add more of your own.

Well- that was a heavy catching up to do just from my own bedtime last night. My thoughts right now are- TRICIA, please conduct an interview with anyone willing to discuss this case intelligently with all of us! It would be a real blessing.
Let's not lose our ability to discuss this case with little to no information link-able from anything recent in MSM.

Zoeneli- I'm not going to quote your lengthy post as someone mentioned we are at about a 17 book level- but I appreciate your thoughtful reflection here! Great post!

Okay, we haven't had any new information and we can only discuss those in the SW. Given that, the 2 people most speculated to be SP are BB and CT. I am going to quickly run through my own thoughts about their possible involvement. Feel free to and add any additional reasons why you think either one is or is not SP or to play devils advocate to the thoughts I have listed (or add other POIs that fit within the TOS and you think you can make a good case for).

BB.
Here are some of my reasons that make me think he could be SP (for BB I am going to ponder both being SP or having hired someone else to be SP).

He is the husband, so immediate POI, and murder statistics say that is rightly so. Even more so when you consider SP hit MB in the head and chest with a hammer.

It is a fact that MB was having, at a minimum, an emotional affair of sorts with someone outside the marriage and the marriage had some financial issues. We know BB was aware of the extra-marital relationships. Despite the level of either of those claims, it is enough to give motive. People have killed for less and any court would consider that enough.

MB had transformed her self physically, which is usually accompanied by a new found mental strength. I won't go so far as to count this as motive because for all we know, BB liked it, but it can be a large change that a relationship has to adapt to. I actually have a handful of CG friends and 2 of the 3 actually went through some marital issues after their 'transformations'.

He knew her schedule well. It is very likely he knew her patterns once there (I imagine he has asked her before if it is safe, if anyone is there, where she has to go to set up, etc).

From what I have read in MSM, MB really only had 2 places she went on a regular schedule that would have her away from the public. Home, and CG. The murder having not occurred in the only one of those 2 places that didn't have cameras says to me that SP either cared about the kids seeing MB dead or they thought it taking place at home would cast more suspicion on family.

I really feel the only real reason LE revised their initial statement to say SP could be female was because the Bevers family came in to say they thought it was a woman and LE then realized they shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, which could cause issues at trial. I personally only see a male when I look at SP footage. Both pre and post Batbrat gear removal. So, for me, that puts the video as a reason to say BB is SP.

His personality when talking to the media. I know, very subjective.

Now, against:
He was apparently a long ways away. I don't count the alibi too much for or against, because I have seen many a case where validated alibis break down much later - LE comes across more footage or finds out how something was faked, etc. Plus, like I mentioned above, I am still considering that he could have hired someone. For now though, he has an alibi, so against him being SP.

His height. He looks to just barely fit in the estimates Batbrat arrived at and doesn't fit in LEs estimate.

From everything we can tell, MB was a wonderful mother and had a great relationship with her kids. I can't imagine him being willing to take her away from the kids.

The planning. BB doesn't seem overly cunning and sharp. I go back and forth on what all it would have taken to plan this murder. As well known as her location and schedule were to many, maybe it wasn't that complex, but if it was BB, the alibi took lots of prep work and if he hired someone, that takes a lot of work to do and pull of to the point the whole thing doesn't unravel immediately (which it hasn't).

CT
For:
MT should have some good inside information an IMO she is indicating in her last letter that she believes SP was female. She talks about SP feeling inferior to MB, which makes me think she is saying it was another female. So, fits with CT being SP.

MT's last letter 100% assumes that SP knew MB hadn't been faithful. If she is indicating in her letter that SP is female, her comment that SP wants to "judge" MB for her indiscretions would imply that SP was the one wronged by MB. Now, we have no evidence that MB and AT had an affair, but if we take what MT says seriously given that she has inside detail, the letter would have to lead to a "for" CT being SP more than an against.

The 'eyes'. Now, I have some seen some pictures that look nearly identical to CT. I did save them but hesitate to repost. My concern is I don't see that same look anywhere legitimate. I can't remember who posted it and the editing seems like it could have been manipulated. I definitely trust MrsPCs eye pictures, but in those I just don't see the CT resemblance. The differences make me tempted to ignore this one all together as I am familiar with photo editing and I know the amount of distortion and artifacting that occurs, especially with such terrible quality raw images. For now though, I can't get passed the likeness I have seen, so I will put this as a for.

Against:
I can't come up with a plausible scenario that would have allowed her to get away unnoticed. If she was away from both the kids and AT that early morning, that had to be a rarity and I would think they would have LE all over her.

The footage, looks male to me and doesn't seem to fit her body type.

The strength to break in says male to me

The use of a hammer reads more male to me

The calmness of SP. For me, if you have a female that is not in great shape being minutes from attacking a female that is a fitness trainer, that female would show more stress\nervousness.

Okay, feel free to tear apart my initial thoughts or add more of your own.

Great post. I held onto CT for a longtime, but I let her go because her body type doesn't match SP. I do think her eyes bear any uncanny resemblance to SP, but her body does not.

Unlike BB's extended family, I don't think that CT has a network of people bonded by a dislike of MB. In turn, that would make an accomplice a bit harder to find. Not impossible, just more difficult.

The fact that BB's alibi was paid for by someone with ties to the family business raises some red flags. Follow that money.

MOO

We don't know who else might have had their trash picked up by LE. I highly doubt AT and CT were the only ones.

I'd hate to be the investigator that had to go through the Tuckers' trash, having to open and inspect a weeks worth of baby diapers. Ugh.

First post here...

I've followed this case pretty closely since about two weeks after it occurred. When I saw the video of SP on a local news site I was intrigued, but thought an arrest would be made quickly based on many criminals using their phones at the time/location of a crime and surveillance cameras being everywhere. I was initially on the fence between a B&E gone bad and a targeted murder.

After watching the interviews (Bever clan and MPD), what pulled me in was all of the crazy coincidences that seem to surround the case. There's been so much written in these threads it's difficult to remember all the facts and separate them from the 'fog of war' and conjecture woven into the discussion (naturally you get this).

At risk of sounding like Capt. Obvious, there are some things that have been bugging me about this case for a long time...

• 911 calls (2 of them seems a little odd but likely not a rare thing), and why wasn't the audio released? I can see that it could be possibly out of respect for the family, but 911 calls are typically released unless something in the audio could jeopardize the case?
  • Scene being released quickly. This really seems strange to me personally, and leads me to a question that I'll throw out there after these bullet points.
  • All the shenanigans in the church breaking things and going through doors etc. which after looking at the video numerous times struck me as someone staging the scene in wait (or someone vandalizing and pissed they can't find anything worth taking). Lot of great discussion and diagraming work done by people here by the way. All this seems like overboard, and to top it off nothing was stolen? Why go through all of that effort on camera and not take anything or at least act like your taking things by placing some items in a box/bag to complete the supposed ruse?

So here is the question...

Is there any chance that the MPD messed up the wording in the warrant/affidavit?

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building.

I'm assuming there is no way in hell they'd screw that up right? If you read that sentence the grammar is a little off at the end 'toward where the suspects location.'
, and made me take a second look.

*** Slightly Graphic ***
Early on in the case I had a suspicion that Missy could have been killed away from the church and brought there, but that sentence in the affidavit completely negated that theory if it wasn't somehow a mistake. To me if Missy had blood pressure when the actual puncture wounds occurred it would result in a messy scene (this has been discussed).

If Missy was alive when she entered the building, then I really question how quickly the scene was released. Seems very fast to me personally...

Can someone reference the post # of perp's eyes? The one NOT too zoomed in. I've got a new pic I want to compare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I check back here once a week or so and it's really sad that there isn't anything new...or no arrest.

Be back in another week or 2. :gaah:

Can someone reference the post # of perp's eyes? The one NOT too zoomed in. I've got a new pic I want to compare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Is this the one you are looking for?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• VzOaODw.png
    VzOaODw.png
    174 KB · Views: 296
  • eyesbw.png
    eyesbw.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 285
Status