TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely see what you're saying - we are on the same page there. And, I'm really not trying to butt heads on this either. I totally see where you're at on this. I just want to clarify what my own research and work has produced, and more importantly, give the reasons for why I refuse to tweak my own numbers in order to "fit into" some predetermined parameters, which I feel is a form of confirmation bias.

Being consistently overly-generous on gear dimensions rather than conservative, being consistently conservative on height estimates of the subject, sure... one might be able to almost squeeze SP into within LE's upper end estimates. However, I can't/won't do that because that's not the point of my work. Additionally it's what my research and numbers reflect. I can find no helmet anywhere that would add 5" to a person's height. Sorry, but that's simply not reasonable or plausible. I could budge a bit on the shoes, but not much (I won't go into detail here unless you request it, but it has to do with the measurement of SP's foot from instep to heel - something I spent a lot of time on when the subjects of "too big shoes" and "shoe lifts" were brought up).

If I keep rounding down, shaving off, squeezing, accounting for the absolute smallest or largest measurements in order to fit some predetermined parameter (or theory, or suspect), what's the point of doing my own work at all? And even if I do that (as I have per request on multiple occasions), I still can barely squeeze into their upper end number. If I genuinely believed LE was being liberal with their range of heights "just in case", then their range should start closer to 5'7" on the low end and go up to 6'. As it is now, they have fully eliminated men from suspect list, as the average height for American males is 5'10". More than 80% of men are over 5'8". Why, if they're being "generous" with a wider range, virtually eliminate half the population altogether? From that, you might automatically assume "well then, probably a woman". Which is what my initial reaction was. Is it a woman? That's what I wanted to find out. That's why I spent so much time on it. But my work did not produce numbers anywhere near their range within reason. So I'm left wondering why and how they arrived at their numbers. If my work resulted in a wider range, starting from somewhere in the vicinity of LE's estimates on up to mine, I might be more inclined to agree with you or agree with LE.

My work has completely changed my mind on who SP could be. As much as I dislike what my results have produced, they are what they are. They are the result of many, many hours of meticulous work, and I'm not about to trim them down simply to match someone else's results. At least, not until they can show/teach me the method of how they arrived at such different numbers than I and other analysts have.

SP is not 5'7" or shorter. If I add 4-5" for the helmet, this is what it would look like. I'm not trying to be intentionally ridiculous with the illustration below. By my most conservative measurement, and my most most generous leeway on LE's results (based on your numbers), this illustration represents what a tac helm (actual outline overlay) would look like on a man of 5'7" if we added 4" or more padding to the height:

attachment.php

The person you are showing is actually 5' 5.5", not 5' 7". I am not sure if meant that or not. Their head hits 5' 7", but they have 1.5" heels.

But I do respect all the hard work you put in this. I am not trying to contradict, just mentioning in case this got overlooked.

So Batbrat- in your estimate- what height is SP?

My estimate of SP with gear consistently fell between 71-73+". Subtracting gear (based on my research of what it appears SP is wearing), is ~2 to 3", leaving SP's actual height somewhere between 5'8" to 5'11+".

My average result is 72.5" with gear. My average gear dimensions add 2.5". My opinion is SP's actual height without gear is probably somewhere around 5'10" or just over.

The person you are showing is actually 5' 5.5", not 5' 7". I am not sure if meant that or not. Their head hits 5' 7", but they have 1.5" heels.

But I do respect all the hard work you put in this. I am not trying to contradict, just mentioning in case this got overlooked.

It did get overlooked, thank you. The ruler height was meant to represent the measurements I arrived at from the video evaluation. Thanks for catching that!

No one is sure WHO it was, but the family was, of course, interviewed by LE prior to the SWs being issued. So, I think it is reasonable to think that different names and possibilities were offered......about infidelities, etc. I tend to think that KS may have mentioned CT, because she knew who CT was and had some familiarity with her. Not sure that BB would haveknown about her. MT was probably told about her by KS. JUST MY OPINION

IIRC In the Dateline interview, KS said that the family thought they knew who killed MB, but then LE told them that the lead was not working out. She said she didn't know what to think any more. I don't think they ever specified who that was, but the other comments by KS that it could a woman who was jealous of MB and MT's letters, indicate they think it was a woman. (http://www.people.com/article/terri-bevers-family-slain-fitness-instructor-killing-targeted)

It has been posted before that either KS or MB (IIRC I have read each in different posts) had some encounter with CT prior to the murder, and that she rubbed them the wrong way.

As for infidelities, WHO told KS that there had been an affair a year and a half before? When I think of the possibilities, BB-MB-third party-other, I arrive at MT. It just doesn't seem likely that MB would unburden her soul to her husband's sister or MIL, but BB may have told MT, who then would have told KS. For people with all that agape love, they do not seem very forgiving or even circumspect, even in death. If exposure of someone else's private failings does not help find a killer, then it is somehow self-serving. JMO

Did I dream that the Midlothian PD posted on their facebook something about the camera height in relation to the supposed heights? As in, the public can't estimate correctly unless they have that info.

Anyone?

IIRC In the Dateline interview, KS said that the family thought they knew who killed MB, but then LE told them that the lead was not working out. She said she didn't know what to think any more. I don't think they ever specified who that was, but the other comments by KS that it could a woman who was jealous of MB and MT's letters, indicate they think it was a woman. (http://www.people.com/article/terri-bevers-family-slain-fitness-instructor-killing-targeted)

It has been posted before that either KS or MB (IIRC I have read each in different posts) had some encounter with CT prior to the murder, and that she rubbed them the wrong way.

As for infidelities, WHO told KS that there had been an affair a year and a half before? When I think of the possibilities, BB-MB-third party-other, I arrive at MT. It just doesn't seem likely that MB would unburden her soul to her husband's sister or MIL, but BB may have told MT, who then would have told KS. For people with all that agape love, they do not seem very forgiving or even circumspect, even in death. If exposure of someone else's private failings does not help find a killer, then it is somehow self-serving. JMO
Where does it say KS knew about an affair a yr 1/2 ago?

Where does it say KS knew about an affair a yr 1/2 ago?
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html
References to Dateline interview, with video clip, dated April 21. I am not sure if the Dateline episode ever aired in full.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1607/06/ddhln.01.html
Transcript for DrDrew show Lisa Bloom interviews KS 7/6/16:

"Lisa Bloom, Host: [KS], police reports are saying that [MB] may have had an affair. Did you know anything about that?

[KS]: I knew of one um that happened about a year and a half ago. Um, that was the only one that I knew of. And um you know when this thing first happened, that um was the first thing that went through my mind was--you know--was, did this have anything to do with--with an affair, that she may have had another one, you know, cause what a lot of people thought, you know, it (clears throat) it certainly looked targeted and could an affair play a part in this?"

Did KS have an affair with MB? Does KS have photos of MB engaging in an affair? If not either of those, then how does KS know that there was this affair? WHO told KS about it? Was KS told directly by BB, MB, MT, LE, Kilo?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html
References to Dateline interview, with video clip, dated April 21. I am not sure if the Dateline episode ever aired in full.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1607/06/ddhln.01.html
Transcript for DrDrew show Lisa Bloom interviews KS 7/6/16:

"Lisa Bloom, Host: [KS], police reports are saying that [MB] may have had an affair. Did you know anything about that?

[KS]: I knew of one um that happened about a year and a half ago. Um, that was the only one that I knew of. And um you know when this thing first happened, that um was the first thing that went through my mind was--you know--was, did this have anything to do with--with an affair, that she may have had another one, you know, cause what a lot of people thought, you know, it (clears throat) it certainly looked targeted and could an affair play a part in this?"

Did KS have an affair with MB? Does KS have photos of MB engaging in an affair? If not either of those, then how does KS know that there was this affair? WHO told KS about it? Was KS told directly by BB, MB, MT, LE, Kilo?

While I don't have a definitive answer I speculate this "affair" may have impacted the marriage, so family knowing would be pretty normal. An affair on either side would be known by close family, if in fact, they were a close family. To my knowledge as we sit here today, I have no clue what the dynamics in the family entail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I dream that the Midlothian PD posted on their facebook something about the camera height in relation to the supposed heights? As in, the public can't estimate correctly unless they have that info.

Anyone?

Yes, they did state that on questions posted to the MLE website. My guess is that the video may be compressed as well as the camera angle- disallowing anyone to get that information from a public viewing. That is just my HO.

Yes, they did state that on questions posted to the MLE website. My guess is that the video may be compressed as well as the camera angle- disallowing anyone to get that information from a public viewing. That is just my HO.

Thanks. I never saw the actual post, just the conversation about it here on WS, which I can't locate now.

Thanks. I never saw the actual post, just the conversation about it here on WS, which I can't locate now.

Someone posted a screen shot from their website, but where it is in all these posts- I am not certain. It is in this thread though.

Someone posted a screen shot from their website, but where it is in all these posts- I am not certain. It is in this thread though.

At least our memories match, lol. It is here somewhere but the search function gives me heartburn.

It has been posted before that either KS or MB (IIRC I have read each in different posts) had some encounter with CT prior to the murder, and that she rubbed them the wrong way

Was this in particular quote RBBM- in a FB post or from SM?? Just cannot recall that detail but interesting.

I hate to ask this, but it might be important. I would certainly investigate it if I were the police. But does anyone know who that affair may have been with? Maybe there are hard feelings that weren't resolved.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

In Tricia's True Crime Radio recording, Tamara Jolee stated the talk was that CT made MB feel uncomfortable/uneasy.

I remember it too. They stated they had to adjust their measurements based on the angle, height, and resulting appearance of compression of video image. (not verbatim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper