TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm something for me? Is this timeline correct? Students arrived at 4:35 but the 911 call wasnt until 5:00?

Is that true? If so...WHY? If it was me, Id be scared out of my witts that I was the next victim and call right away I think?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It is believed they sat in their cars/didn't enter the building until then.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks. Guess I missed the actual amt of time that had lapsed and that shocked me but I could see that. I hate being the first person to show up somewhere. I'm shy, social anxiety is no joke!

I agree; I also don't think this is a woman b/c of the various tools and gear he brought with him. I hate stereotyping, b/c of course there will be people who are the exception, but statistically speaking, women aren't 'the type to be really into all of this kind of gear. Again, I am sure many of you will know women who ARE like this, but in my experience, men are more likely to take up hobbies where a bunch of tools and gear are needed. If a woman takes up a hobby, she's more likely to get the bare necessities, or to use one tool for multi purposes, etc. Men seem to have a thing for tools and gear -- even if they wind up never using half of the stuff!! This guy had a crowbar, what looks like a rock hammers, another thing that looks like a ball peen hammer, some type of front pack with holsters on it for carrying the gear, a helmet with a light, etc.

Totally agree, rob. :tyou:

I didn't know that there was a headlamp coming from the perp's forehead area - good catch. Have you ever seen those beanies/knit-caps with a built-in LED light on the forehead? You turn it on or off with a simple squeeze. It could even have been a full face cloth with a built-in LED light on the forehead.

Ah yes, it could be something like this as this is an even closer approximation to the light seen in the video:
http://www.boardwalkbuy.com/products/led-winter-beanie?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla
However, I don't know how that would work with the helmet and any eyewear, but they very well could be wearing a beanie or some other headpiece below their helmet. I wonder at what point they put on the heavy gear, like if some of it had been stashed in the church the night before, perhaps in the kitchen. It could have been easier to break in wearing just a beanie with a light and having just the tools for breaking in and then gearing up with the heavy gear for confrontation once inside where some of the time during the 30 minutes could have been in adding additional clothing and equipment to what they were wearing.

Does anyone live directly across the street? I saw the site listed as a wedding site, and I also saw that it might have been sold last July? I wonder if Missy used a microphone to bark out orders to her campers at 5am. That would annoy the crap out of me if I had recently bought the house and expected a quiet neighbor across the street.

Well said. And the perp is probably happy as can be that people are really divided about the gender.

He/she must be pleased to no end at the confusion. Hoping LE has a better idea, than most of us here. I have a feeling they do, and I have great confidence in them. Maybe today........:copcar:

I'm leaning more towards stolen ('borrowed'?) and real gear. In some of the video it can appear at times that he even has a headlamp attached. I figure if he has access to the gear at all (without purchasing it), he has access to ALL the gear. The complete outfit.

I agree that he didn't look entirely comfortable in the gear...that he wasn't someone who was accustomed to wearing it. Agree, too, that he had several tools attached to it (that, and some of the screenshots, make me think it could be real gear).

I am undecided on if the boots were too large, though if borrowed and part of someone else's SWAT uniform they might be, at least slightly. I think this is a guy, and at 5'7" to 5'9" range that makes him shorter than average, with likely smaller than average feet. In the clip at the end (after coming out of room 12) where he is standing still, his feet and boots do not look excessively large or floppy to me, and I'm inclined to believe a still shot over a moving freeze frame, which can be blurry. In any case, if I were going to commit a murder, and anticipated running or struggling on my feet, I'd make sure I could at least manage to do that in my chosen footgear.

I agree. I can't for the life of me figure out where the stuff about the boots being too big are coming from. He'd have to shuffle; ever see a child put on his parents' shoes? They can't pick th em up b/c they fall off. And they'd trip him up if he had to run. I can't think of even one plausible reason to wear boots that are too big. That walk is more likely due to a musculo-skeletal problem than shoes that are too big. only one foot splays out all the way to the side.

He/she must be pleased to no end at the confusion. Hoping LE has a better idea, than most of us here. I have a feeling they do, and I have great confidence in them. Maybe today........:copcar:

I completely agree.
They have ways and means of enhancing photos.
And we know that there is so much video that has not been released.

I don't get why nobody's talking about the radio interview, did nothing new come of it?

I feel like I'm falling behind with this case....

You are not alone
I am falling behind also
If its any comfort, there really is nothing new

Hi darkstar105,

Unfortunately, iHeartRadio is no longer doing live shows with all their once a week type shows. That's my show.

There are two places you can get the most current shows.

The show on Spreaker is posted 30 minutes after the show is recorded. The new show is available every Thursday night after 10:30 pm. http://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Also available on www.truecrimeradio.com

I've got the whole entire file, starting out with Ross Harris case, Missy Bevers case promised in first few seconds, so it's not last week's show--but how do you listen live? Is there a chat room? Sorry so dumb.. At least I can listen to the whole thing, but I don't know how you guys are listening live.

View attachment 93220

http://www.breachingtools.com/files/halligan.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halligan_bar

"A Halligan bar (also called a Halligan tool[1] or Hooligan tool in Australia) is a forcible entry tool used by firefighters and law enforcement.[2]"

" The firefighter holding the Halligan can use a "baseball bat swing" to sink the pick into the door frame near the door handle and then force the door by applying pressure to the adze.[8] Another option is to use the Halligan to pry the door off the top hinges.[8]"

"One variant of the Halligan has a heavy sliding collar on the shaft. Once the prying end of the tool is wedged into position, the sliding 'hammer' is used to force the wedge, allowing for proper seating before prying. "

Yes, this is EXACTLY why I'm stuck on finding a photo of the actual tool. Doing a search online for "breach tools" or "breach hammers" brought up things that looked similar. That's why I was questioning the geology tools because to me the geology tools look to be almost "too pick-like" rather than claw-like on that one side. I did find something called a "utility and wrecking bar" that had the same wing shape at the top but it had a large separation from the other side. I did find that a lot of the breaching tools have a wing shape (or dipped) top so I wondered if this might be some kind of specialty tool of some kind rather than a tool used by someone who is into rocks. A specialty breaching tool that might be able to be narrowed down enough that LE could possibly find who sells them locally?

I mean, given how hard it is for me to find a tool with the exact outline in the photo--this might mean that they are exclusive to one company and that would make it easier for LE to pinpoint. I can't find any hammers with both the dipped top AND one side that isn't perfectly rounded (like a typical hammer).

Plus, it's giving me something else to focus on rather than the surveillance footage or the floorplan of the church.

I did! And some of the tools again looked similar, but much thinner on the end like a pick rather than a claw. It may just be me but I don't personally feel that the tool in the photo is a geology tool or has anything to do with rock climbing. I've been searching for a while now and the only thing I can come up with is a specialty tool that is made specifically for a purpose that I haven't actually discovered yet. :lookingitup:

Originally Posted by TeaTime
I heard one of the police officers state that the perp is about 6 ' tall. Maybe someone can help me here because when I look at the perps' body, in comparison to the doors, and door handles, he/she looks to be about 5 ' tall. Maybe the doors are all 8 feet high? Anyone? <snipped for reference>

Only two things have officially been released by LE concerning physical description - the perp's gait with right foot turnout, and his height. Height was originally estimated to be 6' - at least BB was saying that's what LE were saying. In an earlier thread, when a later article posted said that LE now listed 5'9" as the tallest estimate I was turning cartwheels, as I thought the same as you--this was not a tall person. I'd been using Texas building codes (door handle heights) and had gotten anywhere from 5'3" to 5'9" - but never 6 feet tall. (Hubby is in TX construction and identified the door I was measuring suspect against as a 70" tall interior door, with handles generally 36" up from the bottom.) This is why I can't for the life of me understand all the ppl who are adamantly pointing fingers at at Missy's husband, who is at least 6' tall and probably taller.

I'll see if I can round up the link for you.

ETA: this is not to say I haven't found some media interviews to be odd (though that could be for several reasons, including numbness and shock)...just that I don't think BB could have been the person in the SWAT gear. Can't shorten your height for disguise purposes.

I am friends with a couple CG instructors locally (I'm in DFW), they definitely do not use microphones. The classes are a manageable size for a regular voice, no mic needed. Not saying Missy didn't, just doesn't seem necessary.

Might be loud yelling, cheering and grunts and groans from campers, though.

My husband's phone case looks almost identical to that. Big and bulky to protect the phone.

Good find! But I wouldn't discount motorcycle helmets yet. There is nothing to say that this person can't ride...especially if, as I strongly suspect, it's a man. Motorcycle helmets sometimes come with face masks, too. I wonder why the bottom of the face is so obscured? Most thieves will slap on a hat and sunglasses, knowing it's hard enough to id someone with just the hair, head and eyes covered. Is there a defect in his face, or maybe he's got facial hair he wants to obscure?

http://[/QUOTE]

I think it looks like a motorcycle helmet, maybe because I'm more familiar with motorcycle helmets than the other types of helmets people have mentioned. It could be another type of helmet, though. I'm still undecided as to whether the SWAT person is a man or a woman, but either way it could be a motorcycle helmet. I know several women who are avid motorcyclists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper