TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks like a motorcycle helmet, maybe because I'm more familiar with motorcycle helmets than the other types of helmets people have mentioned. It could be another type of helmet, though. I'm still undecided as to whether the SWAT person is a man or a woman, but either way it could be a motorcycle helmet. I know several women who are avid motorcyclists.

It's possible... Doesn't it look like the gloves are reflective also? Maybe like rider's gloves?

Lots of good in depth analysis here. I may have missed it, but has anyone else noticed that our perp appears to be left-handed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it looks like a motorcycle helmet, maybe because I'm more familiar with motorcycle helmets than the other types of helmets people have mentioned. It could be another type of helmet, though. I'm still undecided as to whether the SWAT person is a man or a woman, but either way it could be a motorcycle helmet. I know several women who are avid motorcyclists.
Looks like a motorcycle helmet and motorcycle boots that cops wear (like highway patrol).

I'm still catching up but I'm on the same side of the bed with you all today in that when I watched BB interview I heard him say that LE has a large net cast and that everyone is a suspect including him and if that LE needs to focus on him to rule him out and catch the real killer then so be it. THAT tells me (IMO) that LE and the family are working together and know so much more than what is being told. He (BB) was singing the praises of local LE and how hard they are working on solving this case. I do believe they will make an arrest and solve this murder.

I am still curious who his 4th child is though. :thinking:

It's possible... Doesn't it look like the gloves are reflective also? Maybe like rider's gloves?

Yes, very possibly. I think at least some of the outfit is made up of motorcycle gear, but I'm not sure if some of the pieces are actual tactical gear. I think it may have been pieced together with various types of clothing/accessories.

Yes, very possibly. I think at least some of the outfit is made up of motorcycle gear, but I'm not sure if some of the pieces are actual tactical gear. I think it may have been pieced together with various types of clothing/accessories.

I agree none of it is legit tactical gear. BB has said several times that its a mishmash or hodgepodge of stuff, and I have the impression he's getting that from LE.

Lots of good in depth analysis here. I may have missed it, but has anyone else noticed that our perp appears to be left-handed?

Yes, there was discussion of the perp's dominant hand in previous threads. I think some posters believed the perp might be ambidextrous, at least to some extent.

Yes, there was discussion of the perp's dominant hand in previous threads. I think some posters believed the perp might be ambidextrous, at least to some extent.

Maybe. I would have my weapon in my dominant hand when opening doors and going around corners.

The post about the newly established height of the perp was in Thread 2, page 69, post 1021.

The news source was this link (which also has the timeline if you need to review it):
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

“Detectives would like the public to focus in on the mannerisms and distinguishing walk of the suspect,” said Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson with the Midlothian Police Department. “Investigators have been able to estimate the height of the suspect being approximately 5’08 – 5’09 tall. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case.”

Is it possible they used the saran wrap to wad up their boot protectors , wrap them & stuff them in their pockets so as not to leave bloody footprints?

(I know I'm an amateur , the saran wrap just has me stumped)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I did a generic search for a mining helmet with lamp so here are the image results: https://www.google.com/search?q=mining+helmet+with+lamp&biw=1366&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTh4CDqrTMAhXCWSYKHVUYBn8Q_AUIBygC&dpr=1

That got me thinking. Firefighters would sweep the wall and be used to wearing a head lamp and face mask? They could have ordered the light online thinking it would be dark in the church? Maybe someone who didn't make it all the way through police or fire training?

JMO

Yes, this is EXACTLY why I'm stuck on finding a photo of the actual tool. Doing a search online for "breach tools" or "breach hammers" brought up things that looked similar. That's why I was questioning the geology tools because to me the geology tools look to be almost "too pick-like" rather than claw-like on that one side. I did find something called a "utility and wrecking bar" that had the same wing shape at the top but it had a large separation from the other side. I did find that a lot of the breaching tools have a wing shape (or dipped) top so I wondered if this might be some kind of specialty tool of some kind rather than a tool used by someone who is into rocks. A specialty breaching tool that might be able to be narrowed down enough that LE could possibly find who sells them locally?

Snipped by me - I am leaning towards the Halligan tool. Mainly because it is the tool that someone would use if they had researched how to breach a door. They are used by military, law enforcement, or fire departments. These are serious tools and I am finding that the cost of one ranges from $475 to $615 (http://www.breachingtools.com/halligan.html). If this is what the perp used, LE knows what it is (from pics and found at the scene), what it would take to get one, and who would have one (this site specifically states, "Only available to Military and Law Enforcement" for certain models).
tactical_halligan.jpg

Just FYI, I'm still completely on the fence ... I cannot decide whether this was a break-in gone wrong, or if this was a planned murder. :fence:

Attachments

• tactical_halligan.jpg
    tactical_halligan.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 19
Fantastic work on the close up of the hammer! You guys amaze me! However, I don't think this is some exotic tool. I looked at hammers at Home Depot online because it looks to me like a curved claw hammer. There are quite a few types of curved claw hammers that look like this weapon: framing, rip and fiberglass and can be bought for as little as $10. There is even one with a pink handle for ladies. :)

As for this not being a female perp because Terri was too strong to be overtaken by another woman, especially a flabby one - a hammer to the head is a great equalizer. The hands of this perp, although gloved, are very small, as are the shoulders and I believe this is a woman in men's clothes that are simply too large.

I have a geology background and two things are leaping out at me. (1) the hammer might be a rock pick. It's a small, light weight hammer with a pointy end geologists use to chip off small pieces of rock for inspection. (2) the head lamp - if that's indeed what we see. Underground miner's use head lamps attached to the front of a hard hat - so sort of like attached to this helmet. So, I'm wondering if the perp is involved with mining or geology. There are lots of women in geology, and if working hands-on like a field geologist or an on-site mining engineer (as opposed to mostly office work - that was me) they always struck me as super tough gals.

3 questions come to mind now....

1. Were the MPD videos released in order of the timeline or random clips? Do we know that info?
2. Is there a camper who usually attends this boot camp who missed this one?
3. Any men in her class who have a jealous/angry wife?

Can someone confirm something for me? Is this timeline correct? Students arrived at 4:35 but the 911 call wasnt until 5:00?

Is that true? If so...WHY? If it was me, Id be scared out of my witts that I was the next victim and call right away I think?

That's true.

But this is one of the big reasons why I think Missy was killed inside the church somewhere, perhaps in one of those rooms that the killer opened the door to while he/she was wandering around waiting.

The class was typically held outside. It has been reported that, that morning or day before, Missy posted on Facebook that the class would be held inside due to weather. The class was not usually held inside, therefore I don't think Missy posted an exact room/area. I think it was just sort of assumed that, if the class was held inside, the campers congregated in the lobby part (by the entrance) of the church and waited for Missy then went together to wherever they were going to work out. The church is big...if everyone met up front and went together it would prevent anyone arriving a little later from not knowing where to go (since, once again, it was not typical for it to be inside).

ANYWAYS..so I think the first camper(s) arrived and waited around in that lobby area/front of the church (maybe even outside in the covered area) for Missy. They likely saw her car, figured she was there getting everything set up and would join them closer to the start time. When it got closer to 5 (4:55-ish maybe?) someone went to find her, called out for her, wandered around the church and then found her in one of those rooms and proceeded to call 911.

That's my theory for the 30 minute (approx) time gap.

That's true.

But this is one of the big reasons why I think Missy was killed inside the church somewhere, perhaps in one of those rooms that the killer opened the door to while he/she was wandering around waiting.

The class was typically held outside. It has been reported that, that morning or day before, Missy posted on Facebook that the class would be held inside due to weather. The class was not usually held inside, therefore I don't think Missy posted an exact room/area. I think it was just sort of assumed that, if the class was held inside, the campers congregated in the lobby part (by the entrance) of the church and waited for Missy then went together to wherever they were going to work out. The church is big...if everyone met up front and went together it would prevent anyone arriving a little later from not knowing where to go (since, once again, it was not typical for it to be inside).

ANYWAYS..so I think the first camper(s) arrived and waited around in that lobby area/front of the church (maybe even outside in the covered area) for Missy. They likely saw her car, figured she was there getting everything set up and would join them closer to the start time. When it got closer to 5 (4:55-ish maybe?) someone went to find her, called out for her, wandered around the church and then found her in one of those rooms and proceeded to call 911.

That's my theory for the 30 minute (approx) time gap.
True, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members