TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that her car door was not open, and LE opened it at some point in their investigation like we see in the photos?

RE #1....The first video released had the 3:58AM timestamp but future video did NOT. In the first video, there was a one-second splice I noticed. So....I'm assuming that they pieced together random clips in the second one. I think I remember it being reported that the time stamps "stopped" on the camera during the whole thing but my gut feeling is that they removed them so we wouldn't know exactly where perp was right before MB was murdered.

Thank you! I couldn't remember if the 2nd clip that was released had a time stamp. It's difficult to put together the route of the perp without the time stamp. I can't help but think one of them was 1 second after or before MB died.
Sends chills down my spine.

Call me crazy, but I'm really liking my female geologist/mining engineer theory, a highly educated woman with a kick-butt attitude.

I don't think it is unusual either. I do think arriving 25 min early is more curious, but then I suppose there could be many reasons for that.

I guess until we hear (if we do) who it was that arrived early, the reasons why (maybe it was habit) it will be one of those things that make you go hmmmmmmmm
I am everywhere early, so I would have been that camper

BBM - too add some insight on this: even consistent campers miss days here and there, particularly when the weather is bad. Yours is a good thought, but my gut feeling is that a missing camper(s) that day wouldn't be necessarily be an indication of anything. Now I will contradict myself (ha!) and say that one of our mottos is "never miss a Monday" (since it sets the tone for the week) so most dedicated campers don't miss on Mondays...
That's true - may reign in on a few who missed though. I dunno... for me, Rain AND a Monday :dramaqueen: nope!

But how are you going to get a strap all the way around a big, slick helmet like that? I think it would move around and be unstable. The professional ones for underground work have a large battery pack you wear on a belt or tucked into waistband, and then a long cord with the lamp on the end of that. The hard hat has a clip to attach the lamp. I guess you could rig some kind of clip up to the front of a regular motorcycle helmet to act the same way. Wild guess, the perp is a woman who worked with BB and wanted him to leave his wife for her. IMO he is a very good looking man.

No problem getting it around a helmet. The adjustable strap is very long. It is easy to tighten it to a helmet. You just strap it on.

I agree that BB is handsome and he has a really attractive personal demeanor. I could see someone trying to clear the field of competitors. I don't believe the feeling was mutual or that he encouraged any funny business, though.

In regards to the tool/hammer the person is seen holding, it reminded me for a moment of a conduit bender used in construction trades (mostly electrical):

603a5b7328b949e54beb7bbe4d679c91.jpg

The fuzzy screenshot makes it hard to determine exactly what it is, but I wanted to point out that it may not be a hammer/pick type tool. The conduit benders I've used in the past are not lightweight either, so they would make a formidable weapon. They usually have a long handle for leverage, but it would be easy to substitute a shorter handle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Call me crazy, but I'm really liking my female geologist/mining engineer theory, a highly educated woman with a kick-butt attitude.

I feel the same way.

I'm really thinking it is a woman who is jealous of the relationship Missy had with her husband, she snaps, and this is the result.

If there is a woman out there who has that kind of attraction, crush on a married man, someone knows about it
I mean that would be a fatal attraction and i think that her behavior would be noticed by people

Maybe someone has noticed some unusual behavior, we don't know what tips have come in

In regards to the tool/hammer the person is seen holding, it reminded me for a moment of a conduit bender used in construction trades (mostly electrical):

603a5b7328b949e54beb7bbe4d679c91.jpg

The fuzzy screenshot makes it hard to determine exactly what it is, but I wanted to point out that it may not be a hammer/pick type tool. The conduit benders I've used in the past are not lightweight either, so they would make a formidable weapon. They usually have a long handle for leverage, but it would be easy to substitute a shorter handle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There is a very good pic of the hammer on youtube..its the extended video when you look it up.Some are saying its a bricklayer hammer.
I also saw a pic of the object in the left hand when the perp walks out the door and starts to smash the window.
I am trying to find that pic and post it.

I am very curious about her gym buddy saying she was more reserved, quiet recently.
I would like to know if there was anyone else who noticed a change in Missy
I have not seen anything else in print from other sources
Has anyone?

I am very curious about her gym buddy saying she was more reserved, quiet recently.
I would like to know if there was anyone else who noticed a change in Missy
I have not seen anything else in print from other sources
Has anyone?

No, but I just saw that clip this morning and it has been in my mind all morning.

What I don't understand is if Missys car was under the awning with the door open (as in pics) and the first camper arrived at 4:35, why wouldn't they call 911? I mean, if I sat for several minutes looking at my instructors vehicle sitting with the door hanging open and didn't see her I would be on the phone to 911...JMO

My first thought was, "why didn't they go ask her if she needed help setting up?" but to each their own. Maybe the person was finishing their breakfast or something.

Maybe, but it's not a rectangle and it has a hole all the way through.

ETA, nevermind. I see his shirt is covering part of it. Thanks everyone for your help.

What does ETA stand for?

It looks to me that they have on a ski mask.

Sent from my iPhone

Right at 2:00 in the vid, in the perp's left hand, it looks markedly similar to a box of saran wrap.

Oh man, what if manner of death was suffocation? They only say 'head wound' in order to keep the manner of death to themselves to protect the investigation, but suffocation sort of falls under head wound?

View attachment 93220

http://www.breachingtools.com/files/halligan.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halligan_bar

"A Halligan bar (also called a Halligan tool[1] or Hooligan tool in Australia) is a forcible entry tool used by firefighters and law enforcement.[2]"

" The firefighter holding the Halligan can use a "baseball bat swing" to sink the pick into the door frame near the door handle and then force the door by applying pressure to the adze.[8] Another option is to use the Halligan to pry the door off the top hinges.[8]"

"One variant of the Halligan has a heavy sliding collar on the shaft. Once the prying end of the tool is wedged into position, the sliding 'hammer' is used to force the wedge, allowing for proper seating before prying. "

I think you nailed it

Oh man, what if manner of death was suffocation? They only say 'head wound' in order to keep the manner of death to themselves to protect the investigation, but suffocation sort of falls under head wound?

IMO, whatever happened to her was rather apparent to those who found her
It may have not been the COD, but LE said trauma to the body

Whoever it was, the element of surprise worked to their advantage, I imagine -- because you KNOW that Missy was strong and wouldn't have gone down without a fight. It seems ballsy to wear all that gear that would limit your range of movement and feel bulky and awkward when you know you're going in to murder someone who is STRONG. So I tend to think they acted like a legit cop, 'ma'am, there's been a lot of damage, we'd like to ask you some questions..' and gained her trust OR were hiding/waiting for her so they caught her by complete surprise and took her down before she even had a chance. :'( Because if she had forewarning, that girl could RUN and also, pack a punch. Ugh, it makes me so sad and so sick to think about. Poor Missy. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member