TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amanda Blackburn case, back in Nov 2015, LE PUBLICLY cleared him almost immediately. That's a case where I really learned NOT to jumb to conclusions. I really suspected (along with the multitude) the husband.

Hi Paula! I followed that case too. I was surprised by how quickly LE cleared him. I'll have to go back (haven't been there in a while) to see if there are any updates.

The most important evidence they could get from the scene would be footprints & tire tracks of the murderer. Murderer had this all planned so maybe he took that long 'jimmy' stick & rubbed out his footprints as he left, but he still would have had tire tracks. IMO SURELY the murderer had his truck (NOT his motorcycle) pulled up in the back, somewhere on the side Missy could not possibly see.

Somebody answer me this question: Is it possible that police KNOW exactly who the murderer is & they KNOW he targeted Missy BUT....little problem they've got is NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE EVER TO CHARGE THE MAN. I think the man is going to get away with this !!! Look: The ishy murderer 'had it in' for Missy AND ON TOP OF IT he's just taunting police with a 'hahahha you'll NEVER catch ME!' mockery of police now.

Certainly it is possible to know but not have enough admissible evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt (ETA, actually the legal standard for arrest is PROBABLE CAUSE, but LE would still want to have confidence they could prove to a jury beyond reasonable doubt). But on the other hand, there is also great danger that the police might jump to a wrong conclusion about who the murderer is, and then thereafter they consciously or unconsciously color all evidence to fit that preconceived notion. That's how we get wrongful convictions, and nobody wants that to happen.

A poster just stated that hubby only facebooked twice before the murder. 1 check in last year or so and the next time was on his trip the day before the murder. Is this true?

No, he's fairly active on Facebook. It's just that he's only ever done a location check-in twice.

The Heather Elvis & Teresa Sievers cases are 2 cases I have spent most of my time on here and in both cases it took a long time for the arrest (of who we were suspect of) bc LE has to have the evidence. The thing about the justice system is burden of proof and being innocent until proven guilty and even arresting someone requires probable cause. I feel good about this one (unlike poor Allison Feldman and Tara Grinstead who still haven't seen an arrest) we just have to see where it goes. There are some good agencies working this case so hopefully they are out tracking that creepy perp right now, on their off weekend of course. ;)

IMO!!

I rarely do this but im halfway through transcribing the RB/BB presser

a reporter said to BB: I know Police have talked to you many times and he nods.

he ALSO says:

and im quoting here

"We just been sitting in there (police station) waiting for you guys to show up"

he is addressing the media. Around 2.11

Police station is a convenient place for different media persons to meet. Everyone knows where it is. I see nothing more in that. BB lives out in the country and wouldn't want his neighborhood needlessly bothered by a bunch of folks showing up, again.

I'm not convinced he was or wasn't involved but he did say that if it had been much later he would have been unreachable bc he was going (deep sea fishing?) out in the ocean. I don't have a link handy but I'm certain someone has it. Maybe he didn't want his daughters home alone dealing with this for days without a parent? That is assuming he knew his family would be nearby (his sister) to care for them until he got home. Again, I'm not convinced 100% either way just yet.
Yes, he did say he would have been unreachable if it had been much later, and it was in his first interview I believe. What was more of interest to me was the comment he made in same interview that campers were the ones to notify him by phone, not LE. He had said he knew little about what Missy did professionally which was one reason that seemed odd. Also, it is my understanding LE would want to be first to talk to/notify spouse or closest loved one. Has there been any mention/discussion of that in this forum?

ok im done with the transcription a bit rough but mostly accurate

who wants it

there is a Disturbing (imho) reference by BB to "Role playing"

[video=youtube;ICfVJ4yIHcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs[/video]

it also seems the Fishing Trip was not taken alone.

You might be right or they are tidying up lose ends.

According to this article they had "a dozen or so" actionable leads for a investigative crew of 2 dozen.

Investigators said they have received hundreds of tips from the public and that maybe a dozen or so have turned out to have actionable information worthy of a follow up by one of the more than two dozen investigators assigned to the case.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

I hope you are wrong, for Missy's sake. RIP Missy.

I think this is already a cold case. Hundreds of tips for a high profile case is not that much. I believe some cases like this receive thousands of tips. Triple digit numbers is incredibly low.

I think this is already a cold case. Hundreds of tips for a high profile case is not that much. I believe some cases like this receive thousands of tips. Triple digit numbers is incredibly low.

its not a cold case. its already solved imho.

the pressers say it all if you listen carefully. JMHO>of course.

also there are TWO bloody shirts not just one.
yes- according to RB in the presser, there are two. however, the dry cleaner was only told about one. and only SAW blood on one shirt.
maybe an unimportant detail, but definitely interesting.

so what we now know is Police are FAR from leaving BB alone

far from it

they are repeatedly interviewing them despite what seems to be his efforts to steer the investigation

BB: "They have the rental car that WE rented in Gulfport Mississippi"

why is this important to a grieving husband to transmit to the media? And who is WE?

At the police station presser:

Reporter: “You’ve talked with investigators several times, how many times would you say you talked with them?”
BB: “I’ve only had one, ah, I’ve only had one, ah, formal interview that was early stages, in early stages of the game.”

“... I just role play in my mind, ah, any possible leads that I can give.”

Game is a bad choice of words.

I am concerned that he's been thinking about any possible leads he can give, as if he choses whether to give or not to give.

BB and RB show more grief about the dog than they do Missy. They never say her name not once.

At the police station presser:

Reporter: “You’ve talked with investigators several times, how many times would you say you talked with them?”
BB: “I’ve only had one, ah, I’ve only had one, ah, formal interview that was early stages, in early stages of the game.”

“... I just role play in my mind, ah, any possible leads that I can give.”

Game is a bad choice of words.

I am concerned that he's been thinking about any possible leads he can give, as if he choses whether to give or not to give.

hes trying to Lead them.

if I had 3 grieving kids and a dead wife would I be telling the media of my concern all my Personal Leads were already investigated?

Doubt it. I wouldn't give a big rats whatsit.

its not a cold case. its already solved imho.

the pressers say it all if you listen carefully. JMHO>of course.
LE has made it clear that she was targeted- that's enough to show they have an individual in mind. also have told media this- "Sources told News 8 earlier this week that investigators are certain that Bevers was the target, and did not stumble into a burglary gone bad. They further believe that the scene was staged to make it look like there had been a burglary."

I am in NO way suspecting BB..

But, seriously, he is giving out a LOT of info..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710