TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a church would allow a fitness workout inside the hall where they have their religous services, seems to me that's a bit too casual. I think they would have done their class in the main lobby and under the covered front entrance.

I think maybe campers waited under that covered front entry way, the door would have been unlocked by her from inside. Then when she didn't show they went in around the side where they'd found her car.

From photos MB posted of the campers .. they had parked their cars over in the parking lot where they worked out at. JMHO, I would think they would have parked near the awning that morning and would have seen MB truck parked there. The door had to have been unlocked or propped open for the campers to go in to find her. If she wasn't visible to them right away I personally would have called her cell (could have did that and heard the phone? just thinking out loud) ... lights were on so it wasn't like going down dark hallways. She was not a great distance from her entry point. Looking at photos, it looks like maybe a small hallway or restroom on the side before the doors /bulletin boards. Not sure.

I know in Newtown there was a big flap over no crime scene cleanup etc. Does anyone know if a crime scene cleanup company was used? Might shed light on how messy the scene was or what wasn't IMO. Also, good point about service Wed night. If the killing was in sanctuary, you would think they might not be able yet to have service. But a small room could be closed off.

And while we are waiting on the video from Mountaingazer, here's a real cop wearing "gear":

Notice the "tactical gear" comes in Army Green, Navy Blue and Khaki. This is from a shooting from a robbery early this morning at 3:30 a.m. Don't know why the cops thought 3:30 was a weird or strange hour for a burglary??

If they actually stole something at 3.30 then left, I don't think anything would be unusual. But they didn't, they broke in then waited around doing nothing and would have had to have left at around 4.30~ not long before sunrise and people starting to be out and about. I think that was the PD's point about the timing being wrong for a burglary.

Sigh. This case is so frustrating. We get good momentum here and then lose it. IMHO

I hope this week brings some "breaking news" Justice for Missy.

From photos MB posted of the campers .. they had parked their cars over in the parking lot where they worked out at. JMHO, I would think they would have parked near the awning that morning and would have seen MB truck parked there. The door had to have been unlocked or propped open for the campers to go in to find her. If she wasn't visible to them right away I personally would have called her cell (could have did that and heard the phone? just thinking out loud) ... lights were on so it wasn't like going down dark hallways. She was not a great distance from her entry point. Looking at photos, it looks like maybe a small hallway or restroom on the side before the doors /bulletin boards. Not sure.

Excellent post! Thank you. I agree.

And while we are waiting on the video from Mountaingazer, here's a real cop wearing "gear":

Notice the "tactical gear" comes in Army Green, Navy Blue and Khaki. This is from a shooting from a robbery early this morning at 3:30 a.m. Don't know why the cops thought 3:30 was a weird or strange hour for a burglary??

attachment.php

He was shot around 3:30 a.m. and died at University Hospital.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...t-frat/ar-BBswqeB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

And for those wondering about shorts vs. pants. . . here are pics from Seattle's May Day rallies. Note the riot gear is shorts for those who ride bikes!! http://www.kiro7.com/news/photos-2016-may-day-rally-marches-in-seattle/252113322

ETA: you need to click through at least 4 pics to see the guys with the shorts on.

I saw one video of church members entering the church and it appeared they used a keypad door lock to enter. Those thingies where you enter a number and the door opens. Could it be the campers had to call a church official to get the key # to see about Missy? It would explain why they waited outside for so long before going in to see about her. There is a 25 minute gap from when the 1st camper arrives to when 911 is called.

Many public buildings use keypads. It's easier than giving out keys to the many people who need to enter. Also, if they change their mind about someone having access, they just change the access code instead of asking for a key back.

If they actually stole something at 3.30 then left, I don't think anything would be unusual. But they didn't, they broke in then waited around doing nothing and would have had to have left at around 4.30~ not long before sunrise and people starting to be out and about. I think that was the PD's point about the timing being wrong for a burglary.

I'm vaguely remembering reading something about the average timespan of a burglary during the investigation into the home invasion/murder of that young pregnant pastor's wife about six months ago....I feel terrible I'm forgetting her name or even the state she was in. For some reason I'm thinking "seven minutes...."??? I don't know if that is correct, or if that's even where/when I read it, but whenever/wherever I did, I remember thinking it was very quick. Definitely not the M.O. of our murderer in this case.

Satchie, I can't say for sure exactly where the class was held, but I can tell you that this congregation's "auditorium" is a big multipurpose room, about the size of a gym, with moveable stacking chairs and a raised stage at one end. The kitchen is connected to the room, and so they set up tables to eat in the same room where the worship takes place.

If you are not familiar with the Churches of Christ, the auditoriums are not considered "holy" or "sanctified" places, and there are no holy religious artifacts or anything like that. That is why they don't use the term "sanctuary."

All this means is that the workouts might have occurred in the auditorium, or they might have been held in the main hall ("foyer") or under the awning outside. ;-)

This is inside the Sanctuary/Auditorium area. And this Church did use it as multi functional way. Those opening you see in the side, are Roll up/down walls, leading into the hall way which the Kitchen /Connection Cafe is at Creekside church sanctuary auditorium 4.jpg

Creekside church hallway roll up door 1.jpg

I've been wondering if any area bodies of water have been searched for the SWAT gear. There are several within 3-5 miles of the church. In the event that this perp at about 4:30 AM walked/jogged/biked away from the broken window end of the church after the murder, there are two bodies of water directly north of church where he could conceivably have pitched a rock-weighted bag of SWAT clothes. This Bing map for some reason shows the Creekside Church on Hwy 287 as being under construction (!) dating it to roughly about 2007, but the old off-road trails are visible, leading up to the bodies of water at the top of the map.

*On this map, the church is actually down from point "A" a bit, near the bottom of the map:

image.jpg

Have any locals noticed searches in the rural area around the church, or in the ponds and creeks?

I'm vaguely remembering reading something about the average timespan of a burglary during the investigation into the home invasion/murder of that young pregnant pastor's wife about six months ago....I feel terrible I'm forgetting her name or even the state she was in. For some reason I'm thinking "seven minutes...."??? I don't know if that is correct, or if that's even where/when I read it, but whenever/wherever I did, I remember thinking it was very quick. Definitely not the M.O. of our murderer in this case.

It was the Amanda Blackburn case and yes it was 7 minutes that they quoted as the average burglary time span.

Yes, I remember her and I immediately thought of her when this case came up...Amanda Blackburn. Very sad and very tragic! She was sexually assaulted and shot. Here is Amanda's thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...12464&highlight=Amanda+Blackburn#post12512464

When our CG has a workout inside, our trainer props the door open with a chair for us. It's definitely possible thats what MB had done.

View attachment 93591

I think 'the awning' would be the 2 story entrance way in the middle. Not where Missy parked which I think is on the right side.

Not a 2 story building (or rather I haven't seen anything representing 2 stories. This is the front of the creekside church.JPG church main entrance. I was calling the covered drive awning as a wrong descriptive word. Sorry but MB car was on the side the covered drive area. Think of like a hospital covered area where patients get in and out keep from getting wet?

I think I understand what Satchie is saying. I think when CG did class outside, they did it under what they called the "front" awning---which would be the front entrance of the church I think. Maybe that's where it might be getting confused?! I've been seeing it called "awning" where Missy was parked on the side so I didn't even think about this being confusing with what Missy had written to her CG group about the "front awning". Am I understanding that right, Satchie?

ETA: My husband (Construction Science major) says that most people call where Missy parked a "drive through awning (or canopy)" but the technical name is "porte cochere". ;) So now I get what you guys were talking about on the other threads when you called it that. I knew I should have asked the hubs about this a week ago!

not according to photos MB posted they did them in the parking lot normally. And I would think under that covered drive and the little pretty good size patio that is there. Not the front of the church as in Glass Entrance Front JMHO

Missy Bevers CG crosscreek 500am campers 2.jpg

Circling around again, Is is about somebody being PO'd that she was using the church for her GC class? Did Missy lug this firehose and tire around with her as regular equipment? Did she store it at the church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton