TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect to the number of perps, I've always felt that if two people were involved, that one person followed MB from her house to the church and kept a lookout while the other broke into the church and got in place.

OMG, it just hit me what that thing in his left hand may be. Seeing how the reflection on the doorjamb comes from the left side of him; then look carefully at when he exits; that thing in his hand seems illuminated. It actually seems to be glowing. In fact, I'm going to have to search, but I'm fairly sure I once saw a flashlight that was more square in shape, with little LED lights on the outside.

If I find such a thing, I'll link the photo.

Edited to add:

This is not exactly what I had in mind, but it's along the same lines. Square in shape, and the outside of it is illuminated.

http://1154441.en.makepolo.com/products/14-5-emergency-function-rechargeable-led-p85726504/img.html

Sharing some thoughts on two previous scenarios that have been brought up:

1) Angry competitor who wanted Missy gone to take over her classes or her clients:

I can see where this might be a possibility in larger cities like Dallas or Plano, where there is a higher saturation of trainers in the area, making the acquisition of clients more cutthroat. IMO this scenario doesn't really make sense for our smaller county and cities. People don't live as close together, and there simply aren't as many trainers. It seems like most cities in our county only have one (maybe two) trainers. When a new trainer from our area started classes a few months ago, he started them in the town over from us (like 15-20 min away) and our trainer asked us to go check out his workouts in support of his new camp. Point being, it just doesn't seem like there is a cutthroat, super competitive culture between trainers here.

2) Angry church member who for whatever reason doesn't like /is morally opposed to workout classes being held at the church:

Part of the reason churches are so open to allowing CG to partner in using their facilities is because it is actually a Christian-based organization. They have a non-profit camp called CG Victory that gets kids active and encourages them to come to know the joy of Christ. I can't really see any members being mad enough at Missy or the organization to commit murder.

All my opinion. Sorry I only share about CG related stuff, but I feel like it's the only thing I have personal knowledge about that I can really add to the discussion. Thanks.

What if the video sequence where the perp is touching the wall is immediately prior to the attack?

The perp is in the kitchen area, sees MB's headlights coming into the parking lot or hears her enter the building, and the perp tiptoes in that direction to intercept her? Spooky thought.

But they said nothing was stolen.

No but it was a B&E and in my opinion pre-meditated with the intent to kill. There are about 100 different ways they could charge this guy/ gal and then get the death penalty.

I have a question, In the video the perp pulls something out from his right side and inserts it between the door and door jam. Crowbar? He "lightly" taps on it (or so it appears to me) with the hammer looking thing. Then inserts it back on to his right side of his body yet we never see it on his/her person in any of the other videos. Is it inside the pants and that is why it appears he has a hard time walking?

Dangit, I wish the police would give an update.

I have a question, In the video the perp pulls something out from his right side and inserts it between the door and door jam. Crowbar? He "lightly" taps on it (or so it appears to me) with the hammer looking thing. Then inserts it back on to his right side of his body yet we never see it on his/her person in any of the other videos. Is it inside the pants and that is why it appears he has a hard time walking?

Dangit, I wish the police would give an update.

To me it looks like he's using some kind of front wearing tool pack, maybe kind of like this:

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Entry-Tools/Packs/Dynamic-Entry-Manual-Entry-Tool-Pack.aspx

No but it was a B&E and in my opinion pre-meditated with the intent to kill. There are about 100 different ways they could charge this guy/ gal and then get the death penalty.

If the perp turns out to be a woman, the odds that she will be executed go down a bit, though. Texas has executed 6 women since 1976 and 6 women are currently on death row in Texas, so it's definitely possible, but I still think a woman would have less likelihood of being sentenced to death than a man. I think it would also depend if the woman had a prior criminal history, her age, if she was a mother herself, etc. It's really odd the things that juries consider as mitigating factors sometimes in death penalty cases.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...women-have-been-executed-in-Texas-6543820.php

I'm a local-just moved back (my family has been for over 20yrs.), I posted in the earlier threads and have been reading off and on. Just too much to read and kind of repetitive....

No, (from what I've seen and I drive around a lot in town running my kids back and for their school activities) I have not seen apartments/buildings being searched by LE. Everything in Midlo is back to normal.

IF one of the cod's was a gunshot, no it would not be heard as there are no neighborhoods around and the house across the street has high fencing and the noise from any vehicle(s) on the highway would probably block the sound of a gunshot.

I feel that poi was in kitchen looking for a weapon/tool to use......

It was pouring rain that morning, and nothing is in close distance to run/walk without being noticed in a swat/police uniform and the highway it narrow, not very safe to be walking @night.

I also feel that poi must not be a local from Midlo, because even though it's grown in population, we don't have very many stores here and you always run into someone or family and the poi mannerism and gait would be very obvious and noticeable - so believe me the Midlo peeps would be all over that and would have contacted LE immediately. It is after all still a small gossiping town.

Those that have lived in Midlo for years are not scared or worried-we still live our everyday life. I think the ones that are more worried or scared are the newer locals, that have just moved here or have been here 10-15yrs. We don't have a high crime rate here, and the few murders that have happened, the victim knew the person. One 9yrs ago, murder suicide, husband killed wife then self. Back in the 80's I was in elem. school an undercover narcotic cop killed by drug dealers. So we feel that whether or not it was a robbery, MB was targeted. We don't have a serial killer on the loose. I don't feel like it was a camper or the first camper that discovered MB (I know of the camper) and I feel that COD was something else or one of the COD's.....that's all I can say. We just hope poi is found for MB's family sake and justice.

But they said nothing was stolen.

In previous threads, someone explained that the legal definition of burglary is actually different from the legal definition of robbery. I don't have the link handy, but basically nothing needs to have been stolen to consider the crime a burglary.

After a few days of following along here and letting everything soak in, I'm heavily leaning toward BB is not involved nor any of his family. For those kids sake, I really hope this is the case. I think BB's shock and confusion (which is what I believe we were seeing in front of the media for the first week) is starting to wear off and now it's slowly turning into anger toward the suspect(s). Seems like the natural process of grieving. I really think he loved his wife, but his health combined with her busy schedule caused them to maybe grow apart. Happens in many, many marriages. But I think they truly loved and respected each other. They were both dealing with it the best they could, especially for the good of the kids. I don't sense any animosity between the two them, but just maybe apathy. If there was some infidelity on his or her part, I think it was the other party (or parties) involved that was set out for revenge. Not BB or MB. If it's not that, I think it's most likely some type of financial jealousy or business association gone really bad. Now my suspicion meter is starting to inch toward two perps being involved, a male/female team. And I think they may have been working together that night. This is all just purely my opinion. Before I found this site, I was trying to follow along on local news sites and it became unbearable. I'm so impressed how mature, respectful, and well thought out the commentary is here. Keep up the awesome work everyone! I think LE has this one and hopefully this community can return to normal very, very soon.

I am praying you are correct

In previous threads, someone explained that the legal definition of burglary is actually different from the legal definition of robbery. I don't have the link handy, but basically nothing needs to have been stolen to consider the crime a burglary.

Yes; burglary is the act of unlawfully entering. Robbery can be committed during a burglary, but it doesn't have to be.

To me it looks like he's using some kind of front wearing tool pack, maybe kind of like this:

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Entry-Tools/Packs/Dynamic-Entry-Manual-Entry-Tool-Pack.aspx

Yeah I think you are right. I just re-watched the video (for the umpteenth time) and at the end I am pretty sure I see it on his/her chest area on the right side as he/she is beating on the glass. Also when I looked back at the other part where h/she put it on the side he raises his right arm to the chest area. Seems to have a hard time getting it back in to what ever is holding it. The video is a bit jumpy at that area of the video.

one thing I find odd is the weapon that was used, dressed like this person was they would not have been able to move quickly and attacking somebody who was physically fit would not have been easy, yet the person chose not to bring a gun or a knife which would have made killing her easier, something that does give me pause for thought

I agree too. I think he is angry about what people are posting--knows he cannot defend himself via social media--is frustrated that he can't--so he is trying to find solace in Gods word. Since he can't post anything to defend himself, he is posting how he feels thru scripture.

So why not set his FB settings to friends only?

I agree that it was after the murder. Perp seems to be less focused on getting something done, which means his mission was accomplished at that point. Slower walk, touching walls and maybe reflecting on what he had done and the peak out the door before leaving. Does anyone know what door the perp is leaving from right before the hand on wall clip?
Wow! I hadn't looked at it that way before. It makes sense that the perp may be steadying themselves, heart racing, maybe short of breath. It seems to me now that the short clip that we saw included before and after shots.

Yeah I think you are right. I just re-watched the video (for the umpteenth time) and at the end I am pretty sure I see it on his/her chest area on the right side as he/she is beating on the glass. Also when I looked back at the other part where h/she put it on the side he raises his right arm to the chest area. Seems to have a hard time getting it back in to what ever is holding it. The video is a bit jumpy at that area of the video.

Yes, if you look carefully, there's definitely something long and thin hanging from his right side as he's hammering at the window. Also, at 1:03, when he's finished fumbling with the door and trying to get the tools back into the vest, he is turned slightly to the side and you can see what looks like square shaped bulges on his right side. As he walks away, it looks like he might even have pants pouches.

Arkansas, I didn't realize you said that the recessed doorway (alcove) could possibly be another hallway until I just looked at your photo again! I didn't even think of that!! Nice job! :) Thank you for all the work you have done on this....it has helped so much!

I'm going to go study the floorplan because as much as I want to follow you guys on where that first scene takes place, I still can't get a handle on it. :blushing:

View attachment 93676
LOL dont feel bad I haven't got much of a handle. Razz said Kitchen was N and MB entry was S .. So that would make the Rear of building East and the Front West Is this correct lol

I know for fact what the hallway of Kitchen looks like from Main Hall end to the broken/boarded up doors on back (next to dumpster) so that HALL IS OUT... What is throwing me off is the extended corner around the door that has 2 on it.

an another thing. LOL There has to be rooms on both sides of the front of building. So how the heck do you get to them? I say there is a hallway next to the door the Suspect opened by bulletin board. And then their appears to be a hall going the opposite way than the Dutch Doors..
SO I thinking there HAS to be at least 2 rooms with outside windows, so there has to be a hallway back there (be the back of the room that Suspect opened and next one tried to open. Maybe these are storage closets? Where the heck are the restrooms? Sorry for my rambling I am way past tired lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper