TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if you look carefully, there's definitely something long and thin hanging from his right side as he's hammering at the window. Also, at 1:03, when he's finished fumbling with the door and trying to get the tools back into the vest, he is turned slightly to the side and you can see what looks like square shaped bulges on his right side. As he walks away, it looks like he might even have pants pouches.

I agree.

Has anyone considered that a captive bolt pistol may have been used.? If you've seen No Country for Old Men, you know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoomed in on the Dutch Door hallway. I thinking like someone suggested that that's the Office? Thoughts? View attachment 93692

OH and the exit door in back of the Sanctuary/Auditorium it is like a corner looking angle instead of straight wall. Or appears so. I guess because of how the stage area is? View attachment 93693 Sorry for my jacked up edit :) just dont want to exploit some innocent person trying to show a door lol

I'm a local-just moved back (my family has been for over 20yrs.), I posted in the earlier threads and have been reading off and on. Just too much to read and kind of repetitive....

No, (from what I've seen and I drive around a lot in town running my kids back and for their school activities) I have not seen apartments/buildings being searched by LE. Everything in Midlo is back to normal.

IF one of the cod's was a gunshot, no it would not be heard as there are no neighborhoods around and the house across the street has high fencing and the noise from any vehicle(s) on the highway would probably block the sound of a gunshot.

I feel that poi was in kitchen looking for a weapon/tool to use......

It was pouring rain that morning, and nothing is in close distance to run/walk without being noticed in a swat/police uniform and the highway it narrow, not very safe to be walking @night.

I also feel that poi must not be a local from Midlo, because even though it's grown in population, we don't have very many stores here and you always run into someone or family and the poi mannerism and gait would be very obvious and noticeable - so believe me the Midlo peeps would be all over that and would have contacted LE immediately. It is after all still a small gossiping town.

Those that have lived in Midlo for years are not scared or worried-we still live our everyday life. I think the ones that are more worried or scared are the newer locals, that have just moved here or have been here 10-15yrs. We don't have a high crime rate here, and the few murders that have happened, the victim knew the person. One 9yrs ago, murder suicide, husband killed wife then self. Back in the 80's I was in elem. school an undercover narcotic cop killed by drug dealers. So we feel that whether or not it was a robbery, MB was targeted. We don't have a serial killer on the loose. I don't feel like it was a camper or the first camper that discovered MB (I know of the camper) and I feel that COD was something else or one of the COD's.....that's all I can say. We just hope poi is found for MB's family sake and justice.

Curious,

Great to have your local community thoughts abouts. I have gleaned much about this from you and Breck. One part you left very vague and confusing was this (I know you are not allowed to say much):

"I feel that COD was something else or one of the COD's.....that's all I can say"

I know there was an earlier mention by I believe Breck that had more info

Right, they wouldn't be trying to confuse. But I think UNLESS it was there desire to confuse (which I doubt), they wouldn't be dressed so identically that it would be that difficult to tell them apart.
They both sure walk exactly the same. If there's 2 of them then 1 is not on camera in my opinion.

I have thought the same thing. The very end of the video,where the figure is breaking glass with a hammer (?), looks like a slim.agile young guy. The other person in the video looks very different. Even considering that the angle of the vid cam might make the figure look fatter, the two shots look really different. Puzzling part of a very puzzling case. all jmo

I doesn't look like glass to me at the end of video. It looks like chips of dry wall to me.

OMG, it just hit me what that thing in his left hand may be. Seeing how the reflection on the doorjamb comes from the left side of him; then look carefully at when he exits; that thing in his hand seems illuminated. It actually seems to be glowing. In fact, I'm going to have to search, but I'm fairly sure I once saw a flashlight that was more square in shape, with little LED lights on the outside.

If I find such a thing, I'll link the photo.

The first time I watched the video I thought it was a square flashlight.

Sharing some thoughts on two previous scenarios that have been brought up:

2) Angry church member who for whatever reason doesn't like /is morally opposed to workout classes being held at the church:

Part of the reason churches are so open to allowing CG to partner in using their facilities is because it is actually a Christian-based organization. They have a non-profit camp called CG Victory that gets kids active and encourages them to come to know the joy of Christ. I can't really see any members being mad enough at Missy or the organization to commit murder.

All my opinion. Sorry I only share about CG related stuff, but I feel like it's the only thing I have personal knowledge about that I can really add to the discussion. Thanks.

I don't think this is a consideration.

Any church member who would go to that particular congregation, would not be opposed to using the facilities for a workout place.

(I'm a member of the church of Christ - I have a very deep understanding of the beliefs of congregations and the logical conclusions that would follow after.)

IMO and I have been wrong at least once before! ;)

one thing I find odd is the weapon that was used, dressed like this person was they would not have been able to move quickly and attacking somebody who was physically fit would not have been easy, yet the person chose not to bring a gun or a knife which would have made killing her easier, something that does give me pause for thought

Do you have a link stating there was no gun? Or no knife?

I happen to believe she WAS shot. At least initially.

Great posts, Everyone! So many ideas! Has anyone identified this tool? In one photo, the tool is on the floor in front of and perpendicular to the suspect's foot which is pointing toward you. The right end has a solid beige color "horn" end with an upturned point. The middle has a black hand grip. The left end may have two metal prongs or a metal loop or it could be thin rope. In the other photo, the suspect is using the tool in their left hand, with the horn tip pointed away, and using another tool in their right hand. (ambidextrous or putting on show for cameras).

Attachments

• bevers suspect 3of4 color.JPG
    bevers suspect 3of4 color.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 94
  • bevers suspect 4of4 colorJ.JPG
    bevers suspect 4of4 colorJ.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 86
I think this person was in both side halls and we have video of him/her in both east and west hallways. (And front hallway)

When on the tile heading toward the end Missy enters into, he turns left into that hallway.(eastside). Opens the dutch doors and then continues on down. Suppose while at the end of that hall, he/she breaks off the rectangular door pusher and then heads back up the hall toward Missy entrance but stops and enters into the big auditorium on his/her right and goes across the entire auditorium and that is where he's seen coming out of 12 and into the other (west) hallway on the other side. Missy Ark I remember you saying this. He knocks out a window on the door across the
hall from where he came out.(on the west side)

The place where he comes out is the room where he is barely seen knocking out a window, he turns right, no instruments in tow and steadies him/herself and is now headed toward the front of the church and will turn right to exit the way he came in. (??!!#)

But this is on the opposite hallway (west side) and seems like quite a way to travel. Also, Campers 1 and 2 would have seen the mess in the main hallway and who in their right mind would continue on.....

Also, the perp knew he/she would be alerted by Missy's headlights coming up the road.

I am sure this scenario sounds kooky. Just thinking silently and probably 5 steps behind.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I kinda follow. I just cant figure out where 12 (if that is what that says) . I trying to think of like house numbers on street. starting at the entrance doors on Kitchen side NORTH, correct? Thats pretty tile floor Main Hallway. From that Entrance Immediatel Left, is the Kitchen/Connection Hallway. ON Outside/left going down this hall Room on end is 6 (per the VBS instruction leave in room 6 next to kitchen) Then the Kitchen. Then the large room 2doors/ 2 set of 2 windows is room 8. I believe there may be a small room/ like broom closet at end by double doors (the doors busted/boarded up) On wall opposite the kitchen is the wall to that side of Sanctuary/Auditorium. Has a Roll up/down wall *think like Garage door. Where they open up and bring food into the Auditorium. Exit doors are on each end of the Auditorium. At front end of halls they are on sides, at rear of church I thinking they are odd shaped? at corner? There is a back hallway. About 5 sets of 2 windows. I think this is the Teen area. I thinking the hallway Dutch Door may be the church offices? Cant figure out the front rooms of the building. lol Geesh BUT Per the Sheriff, she had glass on the floor around her.... and was in the vicinity of main hall where seen walking ... we just dont know what he calling main hall lol. But Did say saw Suspect walk down a hall afterward.. Hell he could have went out any door really, just push from inside right?

I just can't figure any of it out to tell you the truth. I am beginning to consider more than one person on camera.:confused:
Intriguing thought, however, then wouldn't they have cameras in different areas activating at the same time? Relatively easy for LE to figure out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What if the video sequence where the perp is touching the wall is immediately prior to the attack?

The perp is in the kitchen area, sees MB's headlights coming into the parking lot or hears her enter the building, and the perp tiptoes in that direction to intercept her? Spooky thought.
Mr Carson I have thought the same thing! This appears more of a stealthy "sneaking up" rather than a post attack "winding down". Even if it was not just prior, it certainly seems as though he is unsure of who/what is ahead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm a local-just moved back (my family has been for over 20yrs.), I posted in the earlier threads and have been reading off and on. Just too much to read and kind of repetitive....

No, (from what I've seen and I drive around a lot in town running my kids back and for their school activities) I have not seen apartments/buildings being searched by LE. Everything in Midlo is back to normal.

IF one of the cod's was a gunshot, no it would not be heard as there are no neighborhoods around and the house across the street has high fencing and the noise from any vehicle(s) on the highway would probably block the sound of a gunshot.

I feel that poi was in kitchen looking for a weapon/tool to use......

It was pouring rain that morning, and nothing is in close distance to run/walk without being noticed in a swat/police uniform and the highway it narrow, not very safe to be walking @night.

I also feel that poi must not be a local from Midlo, because even though it's grown in population, we don't have very many stores here and you always run into someone or family and the poi mannerism and gait would be very obvious and noticeable - so believe me the Midlo peeps would be all over that and would have contacted LE immediately. It is after all still a small gossiping town.

Those that have lived in Midlo for years are not scared or worried-we still live our everyday life. I think the ones that are more worried or scared are the newer locals, that have just moved here or have been here 10-15yrs. We don't have a high crime rate here, and the few murders that have happened, the victim knew the person. One 9yrs ago, murder suicide, husband killed wife then self. Back in the 80's I was in elem. school an undercover narcotic cop killed by drug dealers. So we feel that whether or not it was a robbery, MB was targeted. We don't have a serial killer on the loose. I don't feel like it was a camper or the first camper that discovered MB (I know of the camper) and I feel that COD was something else or one of the COD's.....that's all I can say. We just hope poi is found for MB's family sake and justice.

Curious 21, thank you for posting and reading.

I was thinking last night about Snow Flower's husband's theory that the killer would be within walking distance. Google Earth Pro shows a housing development about 1.6 miles, West/Southwest, from the church and a number of houses scattered within that distance around the church. In your opinion, considering the rain, could someone have navigated to one of those houses on that night? Across fields, not using the highway. Do you know who lives in the large house directly across the street? I thought it was a business but there is a swimming pool showing on aerial view.

I also wondered if you or any of the townspeople recall a child who got in trouble for killing/torturing animals. Starry Night was thinking someone in their early 20s, so it would be 10 or 15 years ago and you may have lived there and been in grammar school, at the time.

This idea was about someone who committed the crime as a "thrill kill". I googled the 2 words and found that it is an actual type of murderer, sometimes overlapping with serial killers. They usually stalk their victims and the enjoyment is more in the planning/stalking. If it is a young person, it could be their first.

What i am wondering is why they don't try very hard to open that door in the hall, yet there is a picture of a different door with many pry marks and a missing door handle?

Lazy here, determined there.

I kinda follow. I just cant figure out where 12 (if that is what that says) . I trying to think of like house numbers on street. starting at the entrance doors on Kitchen side NORTH, correct? Thats pretty tile floor Main Hallway. From that Entrance Immediatel Left, is the Kitchen/Connection Hallway. ON Outside/left going down this hall Room on end is 6 (per the VBS instruction leave in room 6 next to kitchen) Then the Kitchen. Then the large room 2doors/ 2 set of 2 windows is room 8. I believe there may be a small room/ like broom closet at end by double doors (the doors busted/boarded up) On wall opposite the kitchen is the wall to that side of Sanctuary/Auditorium. Has a Roll up/down wall *think like Garage door. Where they open up and bring food into the Auditorium. Exit doors are on each end of the Auditorium. At front end of halls they are on sides, at rear of church I thinking they are odd shaped? at corner? There is a back hallway. About 5 sets of 2 windows. I think this is the Teen area. I thinking the hallway Dutch Door may be the church offices? Cant figure out the front rooms of the building. lol Geesh BUT Per the Sheriff, she had glass on the floor around her.... and was in the vicinity of main hall where seen walking ... we just dont know what he calling main hall lol. But Did say saw Suspect walk down a hall afterward.. Hell he could have went out any door really, just push from inside right?

Others have said that Dutch doors are commonly used in child care areas, so that they can open only the top to talk to people or receive items without letting the little kids out.

It seems to me that Missy's body would have been found in a fairly open area, closer to the carport entry (or whatever door was open). I don't think that a camper or even two of them would go searching inside of various rooms looking for her.

I believe the videos released are before the murder. The videos originally had time stamps on them and no-one mentioned they were after MB showed up.

Respectfully, Of the ones on the MPD Only the first one a 7 sec had the time stamp on it. And that time stamp is 358am about 20/22 min Prior to MB. We do not know the time stamps of the others.
https://youtu.be/QAbJ5YzWgcU there is 1 that is still photos of the first one I posted them on the media thread. Still photos http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12519681#post12519681 and http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12519688#post12519688

In that one he is shining the flashlight into a glass window insert in the door (you can see him lift the flashlight). The glints of light that you see are reflections off of that glass window onto his helmet and then reflect off the helmet to a bit of the wall. IMO.

I'm going for no headlamp. But, you know, how does it really matter?

Maybe the church had motion activated lights in some areas?

....SBM.... I thinking the hallway Dutch Door may be the church offices? Cant figure out the front rooms of the building. lol Geesh BUT Per the Sheriff, she had glass on the floor around her.... and was in the vicinity of main hall where seen walking ... we just dont know what he calling main hall lol. But Did say saw Suspect walk down a hall afterward.. Hell he could have went out any door really, just push from inside right?
The double Dutch door has often been called the Nursery area, which makes sense. But it makes sense as an office, too, and located by the exterior doors of the building for vendors, visitors, business. I have seen offices with those doors - to keep people from walking in, most customer service was handled at the door; not only money kept in an office but also employee records, timecards, private documents. And in staging a burglary, the office door would be the one to break into rather than a random nursery area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse