TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a local female. Then everyone should possibly know who this person is.

She would be the one that doesn't mess around or back down. She would also be the one that argues constantly with her neighbors to the point where the police need to come out for the disturbance. She also may be the type to allow her dog to freely be a barking nuisance and then threatened a neighbor if they have the gall to say something.

Jmo. If the suspect is a female. Then she would have some type of neighbor disputes or altercations that she helped amplify.

So the cops may want to check previous cases regarding women that don't mess around or back down. While may having an obedient spouse that submits to her periodical rages. Jmo

Now in this scenario. Maybe her submissive hubby wanted to get in shape and went to Terri for help. And maybe the wife thought that hubby was doing this to leave her or to meet other women. Now maybe the possible female perp blamed Terri for igniting this flame in her submissive husband mind.

So maybe the female perp decided to kill Terri . Idk

Do any locals know the actual damage that was caused to the church aside from what's been shown online with the break-in itself? I've seen it described as the perp vandalizing the place:

http://www.myfoxzone.com/story/31784581/new-view-of-midlothian-murder-suspect
It's been described as 'significant damage':

http://www.babwnews.com/2016/04/texas-police-hunting-suspect-in-brutal-church-murder/
There was broken glass from a supposed struggle, so I'm wondering what the damage was for saying the place was vandalized inside that's not related to breaking in or fighting.

Significant damage? Thanks for sharing. This is the first I'd heard this. This has me wondering if the church itself was the ' target' and Missy just came in at the wrong time. Disgruntled parishioner?

Wonder if the killer had gone into the church to vandalize it ? Any other incidents of vandalism ? What if Missy wasn't targeted, just came in on a kid or two who were hanging out, role playing, trashing stuff in the church ? Because it looks kind of like a pry bar in the person's hand. They maybe did actually break in, but not really to steal ?

The more I think about it, if LE has a glimpse of the car, they can get make and model, etc, and especially if the perp is local, they know who it is even without the tag.

Significant damage? Thanks for sharing. This is the first I'd heard this. This has me wondering if the church itself was the ' target' and Missy just came in at the wrong time. Disgruntled parishioner?
IDK, I still think she was targeted. A church member would know Missy held her early morning classes there so they wouldn't choose that time to vandalize the building. All church members would know the boot camp was at that location very early in the mornings.

Terri 'Missy' Bevers sounds like she indeed was a true friend to many people. She will be missed by all! Prayers for the family!

Bevers’s friend Cody Beasley told The Daily Beast that she was “full of life.”

“She was an amazing woman. It’s hard to hear what happened to her,” he said.

Beasley met Bevers at a dance studio near Midlothian where he and Bevers’s daughters took dance classes, before she found her passion of personal training. While the other parents ignored him, Bevers was “always so nice.”

After he moved to Dallas, they fell out of touch but would still communicate over Facebook.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

Also, the significant damage could have been to either make the killing look like an interrupted burglary/vandalism spree, or the perp could have been letting off steam or working himself into the anger needed to carry out the killing.

Wonder if the killer had gone into the church to vandalize it ? Any other incidents of vandalism ? What if Missy wasn't targeted, just came in on a kid or two who were hanging out, role playing, trashing stuff in the church ? Because it looks kind of like a pry bar in the person's hand. They maybe did actually break in, but not really to steal ?

I wonder if they checked for drug use in there, like if the perp got themselves in a drug-fueled rage as there's no reason to kill someone rather than flee as commercial burglary and vandalism isn't exactly going to send you away for a long time, but once you turn violent, then the property crimes are the least of your problems.

I'm going to turn the conversation for a second. I'm sure some of you are more knowledgeable about crime and murders than I am. Help me through this scenario--

Let's say you had a sociopathic killer out there. A teenager or young adult. Played lots of video games. Think Eric Harris/Dylan Klebold. But instead of a mass-killing, they just wanted to commit one murder. So they get the gear, study the techniques, etc.etc., just have to find a victim. And he somehow comes across MB. Stalks her for a while. Learns her routine, finds the public fb posts with class routines, finds on her husband's facebook that he is going out of town, etc. etc. Decides this will be the victim.

So we would have someone with no personal connection with the victim, but rather just a convenient and inviting target.

Why couldn't that be the case here? Anyone? How would the killer's MO in the Bevers case be any different from other sociopathic or psychopathic killers?

It's strange to me, that there is no more pleading fro LE. Usually, if there is no idea of a poi...they will keep in contact with the public. "If you saw anything strange that day, even if it feels insignificant call us." Statements on those lines. Or even a warning, to watch for people acting strange now.

Nothing. So weird. In my heart, I hope it's because they have someone in mind.

IDK, I still think she was targeted. A church member would know Missy held her early morning classes there so they wouldn't choose that time to vandalize the building. All church members would know the boot camp was at that location very early in the mornings.

I'm going out on a limb to speculate wildly here. Not saying this is the case but a big what if. What if there was a dispute between Missy and the perp and they went to the church elders/ pastor to help mediate ? I just don't understand why , if Missy is the target, the perp would significantly damage the church as well. That seems like two big grudges.

If it is shoe protectors, that is some kind of uber planning ! It had rained, and the killer didn't want to trek some distinctive mud/dirt
on the floors.Dirt that was distinctive enough to identify it as coming from a specific area ? If true,this was not some amateur, emotion driven killing. How totally strange this case is ...

could be they anticipated a murder and wanted to protect shoes / clothes from blood? Someone experienced with crime scenes?

I attend a 5:15 am class- and have a 10+ years. It is typically the same people who show up every MWF although occasionally one or two might stick with it for the long run. My heart goes out to all those who knew and love Missy.
Going back to the very beginning, per the presser, motion detectors caught the perp inside the building about 3:50 am. (Perp must have arrived sometime earlier to inflict the damage to the door, though).
Missy arrived "a little after 4 am" to set up for class. Let's say it took her 10 mins to unload, putting her inside the building for good at 4:15 am. I wonder if she moved her car or kept it where she unloaded?
The perp knew her class participants might start wandering in as early as 4:45 am so he/she had a time frame from when Missy finished unloading her car until the class showed.
Gives perp 30 mins to do the deed and get way out of Dodge before she was found.
911 called at 5 am.
Perp not only planned his/her disguise well but had the timeline down also. He/she knew exactly what Missy would be doing and when.
I really don't think there was time for a long drawn out struggle. Screams could have been heard and IMO, Missy would have put up a heck of a fight. Perp looks very uncomfortable in the tactical gear so whatever happened, my guess is that it was fast. Fast enough to verify Missy was dead and Perp could get out without being seen. Less than the 30 mins the time line suggests anyway.
Which brings me to Part 2. That person looked like he/she knew the way around the building. I have no idea how large the church is but the way he/she wanders around does not seem nervous or panicked. (Where do I go??) Perp knew where the class participants would enter the building so he/she went the opposite way, well before the 5 am 911 call.
I suppose all of this is obvious but sometimes it helps me to go back and look at the time line as we know it now.
I have a feeling LE is on to something. Or should I say some one. I certainly hope so.

Concerning the possibility of an obsessed stalker...reminds me of the Mary Lynn Witherspoon case <modsnip>

If COD comes back as Bludgeoned, then I would lean towards someone there to vandalize the church, carrying tools to destroy things, and used one of the tools as a murder weapon when Missy arrived.
The bomb sniffing dogs would also make sense.

If COD comes back as a gun shot, i would have more trouble with the vandalism.
It is possible but unlikely that someone out to destroy the church would have a fire arm

Thats just my thinking at the moment, nothing to base it on

If there is a great deal of damage in the church, I don't understand why the perp would go around smashing things if he was awaiting his victim

I'm going out on a limb to speculate wildly here. Not saying this is the case but a big what if. What if there was a dispute between Missy and the perp and they went to the church elders/ pastor to help mediate ? I just don't understand why , if Missy is the target, the perp would significantly damage the church as well. That seems like two big grudges.

Well, remember that Missy didn't attend this church. She attended the cowboy church up the road.

This is from CG Midlothian FB post where it doesn't sound like they're moving from the church, but instead there's an expansion to other locations as well and it also makes me wonder who else had the same job as Missy as there was at a minimum two locations that happened at approximately the same time on multiple days:
The weather is perfect for Outdoor Group Fitness! Are you in a place in your workout regimen, where you need Group Support, Motivation, Accountability, and the Knowledge of a Certified Personal Trainer? Are you already fit and looking for a Bigger Challenge! Camp Gladiator is for all Fitness Levels!

Take Action Now!

Special Price for Grand Opening and Current Locations!! Message us for a Pre-Openimg Sale!! Hurry...this special price begins now and ends April 18th!

Current locations for Midlothian, TX
M/W/F 5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ
M/W/F 9:00am, Midlothian Conference Center
T/TH 5:00am, Midlothian Conference Center
T/TH 7:00pm, Midlothian Conference Center

Locations coming April 4th:

M/W/F 4:40am & 6:00am, Beef O' Brady's
M/W/F 5:00am & 6:15am, Athletes Enhancement
M/TU/THUR 9:15am & 5:15pm, Gateway Church Midlothian

Come check out Camp this week at current locations and next week at our Preview locations!
Send us a Message for More Details!!

Really interesting sleuthing, Spanishinquisition. Hmmmmmmm. I wonder how long it's been planned to start another 5 am M/W/F workout? It's in a different location than the church or the new civics center location, so it's a different group?

If COD comes back as Bludgeoned, then I would lean towards someone there to vandalize the church, carrying tools to destroy things, and used one of the tools as a murder weapon when Missy arrived.
The bomb sniffing dogs would also make sense.

If COD comes back as a gun shot, i would have more trouble with the vandalism.
It is possible but unlikely that someone out to destroy the church would have a fire arm

Thats just my thinking at the moment, nothing to base it on

If there is a great deal of damage in the church, I don't understand why the perp would go around smashing things if he was awaiting his victim
By vandalism, it was my understanding reference was to the broken window, forced entry, etc. Just as 'burglarizing' in this case is used to indicate trespassing, forced entry. Or has there been more information released suggesting other vandalism as destroying property for reason other than gaining entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay