TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off on a tangent but I was trying to find a planning application for the church to see if there was a floor plan. No joy. But I did spot that the house across the road has special fencing to keep noise out:

Council members approved rezoning for the wedding venue that will be located across from the Creekside Church of Christ on U.S. Highway 287 including allowing the new owners to keep the sound reduction fence currently installed at the property. Sound studies show the fence is effective at reducing the noise from the highway by 20 decimals,

Not sure who lives there currently but I wonder if holding a boot camp outside at 5am might have caused a problem. Just chucking it out there as possible theory #587.

Might have been an issue. But, Missy was leaving that church. Going somewhere else to hold the workouts. Wonder if anyone in the vicinity of that house was interested in Missy ? Probably not, because of the vehicle LE mentioned at a distance from the church.

Do any locals know the actual damage that was caused to the church aside from what's been shown online with the break-in itself? I've seen it described as the perp vandalizing the place:
The suspect was vandalizing the church for about 30 minutes before Bevers arrived.
http://www.myfoxzone.com/story/31784581/new-view-of-midlothian-murder-suspect
It's been described as 'significant damage':
There was a significant amount of damage reported inside of the church, but curiously, nothing was missing.
http://www.babwnews.com/2016/04/texas-police-hunting-suspect-in-brutal-church-murder/
There was broken glass from a supposed struggle, so I'm wondering what the damage was for saying the place was vandalized inside that's not related to breaking in or fighting.

Maybe the answer to this is right in front of me and I am dense but...
If LE can see a car on the surveillance, why did they not see who parked it and see it leave?

I've read the cameras were motion-activated, and I think that is why there is one second missing from the first video, because the perp was standing still. If these are motion activated, then I doubt motion in the parking lot would activate them.

There was another poster here that was convinced it was somehow computer-game oriented as well, so you're not alone in that theory.

I'll own up ...there are several SWAT video games around. When I saw the person in the video walking around, it looked like she/he was a character in a live video game. I wondered if there was someone else there too. Making a video. jmo

Maybe the answer to this is right in front of me and I am dense but...
If LE can see a car on the surveillance, why did they not see who parked it and see it leave?

'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-coach.html

So many things about this don't add up. Where I live, if the LE believe a car was possibly involved in a crime, they let the area residents know to be on the lookout for a certain make, model, color...whatever.
Either this car on the surveillance has been ruled out, or the LE, for whatever reason, don't want to announce to the public. IMO, if they truly believe this car was used by the perp, if they don't have the public helping them look for it, they probably know who belongs to.

Do any locals know the actual damage that was caused to the church aside from what's been shown online with the break-in itself? I've seen it described as the perp vandalizing the place:

http://www.myfoxzone.com/story/31784581/new-view-of-midlothian-murder-suspect
It's been described as 'significant damage':

http://www.babwnews.com/2016/04/texas-police-hunting-suspect-in-brutal-church-murder/
There was broken glass from a supposed struggle, so I'm wondering what the damage was for saying the place was vandalized inside that's not related to breaking in or fighting.

I'd love to know this too. The damage is one of the thongs that make me thinking the perp was a teen. Bored, frustrated teen.

I've read the cameras were motion-activated, and I think that is why there is one second missing from the first video, because the perp was standing still. If these are motion activated, then I doubt motion in the parking lot would activate them.

Thank you
still not sure I understand
If they have photos or video of the car and it needed to be motion activated, and someone left in the car, wouldn't that activate it?

Or are you saying that something inside the building activated the video and the car was caught because of that movement? And if it belonged to the perp, there would be nothing inside to activate it when he left?

Arriving by motorcycle would be another reason to arrive to the church early, since a motorcycle would make more noise than most cars.

Is there a place on or very near the church property to hide the motorcycle while the perp was inside the building?
Is it possible he or she was on foot?

Slightly off on a tangent but I was trying to find a planning application for the church to see if there was a floor plan. No joy. But I did spot that the house across the road has special fencing to keep noise out:

Council members approved rezoning for the wedding venue that will be located across from the Creekside Church of Christ on U.S. Highway 287 including allowing the new owners to keep the sound reduction fence currently installed at the property. Sound studies show the fence is effective at reducing the noise from the highway by 20 decimals,

Not sure who lives there currently but I wonder if holding a boot camp outside at 5am might have caused a problem. Just chucking it out there as possible theory #587.

IMHO, noise would be one of the reasons why the killer did not just shoot her before she went inside the building----he/she went to great lengths not to be detected and leave a trail, so they wouldn't want gunshots to be reported, either. Or screams.

I highly doubt the perp was riding a motorcycle. It was raining. Plus, a motorcycle would draw more attention. And it would be hard to ride a motorcycle with all that gear.

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but I think no amount of studying these videos is really going to allow us to glean any metaphorical smoking gun on the perp unless we actually knew this person. So I am stuck here wondering what we can do...there isn't much within the terms of TOS that I can think of that could yield much results besides sharing this story. I think the person is local, I can't imagine a passerby stopping to rob this church or randomly murder someone in such a calculated manor. If the person lives alone, there would be slim chance anyone would see them coming or going at that time, unless they lived in an apartment or someone nearby heard their vehicle. Again, due to the time, I think this is unlikely.

I imagine the police are operating like most in regards to starting with clearing those closest to her, the person who found her and then broadening to scope based on tips and contacts.

I do wonder, in this technology age, how many cell towers are in the area? I wonder if the perp had a phone? Would there be any feedback from the towers if the phone wasn't used? I know I have background app refresh cut off to preserve battery power, but if you didn't, would apps that are running ping a tower?

I'll own up ...there are several SWAT video games around. When I saw the person in the video walking around, it looked like she/he was a character in a live video game. I wondered if there was someone else there too. Making a video. jmo
I think that's a valid consideration.

I keep on watching the video of the POI strolling through the halls of the church so nonchalantly. It does seem, as so many of you have said, that they are just wasting time until Missy shows up. One thing that stands out to me, other than the person's gait, is when s/he opens both parts of the half-door and leaves it open. If s/he wasn't there to rob the place, why go into the door anyway? And, if you do, why leave it open which might seem odd to anyone who comes in after you? Also, has anyone heard how Missy usually gained access into the church? I'm assuming that she wouldn't have seen the broken glass or side door. And, if the neighbors had some sort of sound-proofing fence, they might not have heard glass breaking in the silence of the early morning. I just wonder what Missy may have missed that was right under her nose when she entered the church.

Also, any locals know if there are traffic cams in the area? Not red light cameras but just cameras at busy intersections?

My old best friend from highschool got married, and lived in midlothian, but that was probably ten years ago. And I will say this as nicely as possible, because, the city as a whole was very a nice, hometown type of feeling place, but she had told us they bought a place there. This place happened to be in a trailer park, which I lived in a trailer for many years as a child, so I'm not knocking that or making assumptions on people who live in a trailer park, but this particular trailer park was very rough. No one kept up their yards, seemed to be many 20-30 something year males, lots of drugs. But I just say that to share my experience. While overall it seemed like a lovely place, this specific pocket seemed very seedy.

I highly doubt the perp was riding a motorcycle. It was raining. Plus, a motorcycle would draw more attention. And it would be hard to ride a motorcycle with all that gear.

I added a question to my post back thread but I will ask you again.

You mentioned motion activated.
Are you thinking that the car was caught on video because of the movement inside the building and when the perp left, there would be no more movement so nothing to activate the camera and capture the car leaving?

I keep on watching the video of the POI strolling through the halls of the church so nonchalantly. It does seem, as so many of you have said, that they are just wasting time until Missy shows up. One thing that stands out to me, other than the person's gait, is when s/he opens both parts of the half-door and leaves it open. If s/he wasn't there to rob the place, why go into the door anyway? And, if you do, why leave it open which might seem odd to anyone who comes in after you? Also, has anyone heard how Missy usually gained access into the church? I'm assuming that she wouldn't have seen the broken glass or side door. And, if the neighbors had some sort of sound-proofing fence, they might not have heard glass breaking in the silence of the early morning. I just wonder what Missy may have missed that was right under her nose when she entered the church.
Didn't s/he open door, step in a moment and leave? Haven't looked at vid recently, but my first impression was just looking in or scoping to see what was beyond doors...

I'm curious as to why the perp left the hammer in the double-door room.... for later? just to ditch it? is this room where the murder took place? does anyone know which room this is? could it be where her equipment was stored and he/she knew that's where the confrontation would take place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member