TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the entire 1st thread and all of this one. My thoughts:

--This is a woman perpetrator. I saw this the minute I watched the very first (20 second) video. Watching all subsequent videos have only solidified it for me. (Swinging hammer, tracing the walls while walking, slight forward pelvic stance while walking/standing, etc...)

--I believe this woman is thick, not fat nor extremely thin. I also believe she is in her 30's. Not a teen.

--As far as motive, I have a couple of ideas but can't really go into detail at this time. This crime was extremely personal. Either the killer's motive was revenge/jealousy/elimination of perceived threat, or quite frankly, this perp is severely delusional and mentally ill. (See Mary Jane Fonder)

Like I said, I have other ideas but will conform to TOS at this time.

I agree with you.

Question: is there only 1 entry "road" into the parking lot? Meaning if the perp left in or on a vehicle that wasn't an ATV through the woods, they would have to drive out of the drive and possibly pass some of the people driving in? Do we have any pictures of the parking lot layout?

Plenty...back a couple pages. ;) (Yes, I think there's only one driveway entrance).

This is a completely different case however there are parallels to this case in the video footage - eg the walk etc. The perp was a woman.

[video=youtube;-qZif1gnFvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZif1gnFvE[/video]

--This is a woman perpetrator. I saw this the minute I watched the very first (20 second) video. Watching all subsequent videos have only solidified it for me. (Swinging hammer, tracing the walls while walking, slight forward pelvic stance while walking/standing, etc...)

--I believe this woman is thick, not fat nor extremely thin. I also believe she is in her 30's. Not a teen.

--As far as motive, I have a couple of ideas but can't really go into detail at this time. This crime was extremely personal. Either the killer's motive was revenge/jealousy/elimination of perceived threat, or quite frankly, this perp is severely delusional and mentally ill. (See Mary Jane Fonder)

I'm not seeing these clear signs of gender that others are, but as I mentioned re: the trailing of fingers along wall and other oddities, I can well believe mental illness, even possibly along schizophrenic lines--or drugs.

Mental illness resulting in stalking/obsession with the victim seems possible.

I've been wondering if the person who arrived first (at 4:35) opted to wait for another participant... so they might walk in together... maybe she didn't want to be the first to arrive?? Dunno. Just a guess.

Also, regarding the video... I find it more freaky than creepy. It's like a wanna-be-policeman got all dressed up (adorned with swat gear and tools) to go stroll around the church... break things/vandalize the place... and be "nosy". There's a moment the perp seems a little perplexed by the "dutch door" when the top part must be opened separately... as if he/she mentally said "oh, hmmm".

None of this makes any sense.
Not to me either but I keep "seeing" this person as checking out the building to make sure there is no one else in there before Missy arrives and dressed like he/ she is could make an excuse for being there but not be recognized.., As to the "Dutch doors"........ ...to me that was like opening and / or checking all the doors to see what or WHO might be in there .....which would lend itself to the notion that the person was NOT all that familiar with the church building........
This has probably been addressed before in some way. sorry if I missed it...
I just hope this person can be caught............I am so sorry for her family.........

Yes but what if it was a bicycle instead? I've been pondering that this afternoon..

It's off a highway nothing nearby and it was raining. So I don't think that fits. Imo

This is a completely different case however there are parallels to this case in the video footage - eg the walk etc. The perp was a woman.

[video=youtube;-qZif1gnFvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZif1gnFvE[/video]

I'm glad you brought this up. I was going to mention it in my other post. I had about 3/4's of the thread mad at me because I kept screaming "SHE'S A WOMAN!" Lol. Not many believed me.

I agree on all points and I believe you are onto a great discovery.

I'm taken by the way the suspect was swinging the hammer to break the window. Something about it seemed almost delicate. I still wouldn't be surprised if this is a woman.

Maybe it depends on what was being hammered.

Yes but what if it was a bicycle instead? I've been pondering that this afternoon..

Interesting. There is a house right near the church. I don't know who lives in that house. Also, a poster upthread wrote that there is an unpaved trail at the far north end of the two small parking lots in back of the church. Post # 647 mentions that there appears to be a driveway next to the trail that goes to an abandoned homesite. So, the perp may not have escaped in a vehicle. I suppose they could have changed clothes in the area mentioned. IDK...

I agree with those that think "she" is very thick around the middle. Most women struggle with that and have to really work on having a flat stomach...I have first hand knowledge of this phenomenon! LOL!! I would love to have a physique like Terri did. Perhaps the sister-in-law is on track saying that she thinks it was a women who was jealous. Now, I'm not saying she was killed by this person only because of Terri's flat stomach. Maybe this woman's husband knew Terri and suggested his wife should work out. Maybe the husband flirted with Terri and the wife sought revenge. Where did Terri work out? At a gym? Maybe their paths crossed there.

Well I guess my two cents are worth as much as everyone else's two cents, so here they are.

I watched the most recent video and if I'd win $1 million for giving the correct answer and have to pick up a snake <shudder> if I were incorrect, I would go with woman.

Caveat: in drama classes students are taught to convey things about their character with what is called a "leading center." Which means leading movement with a specific
body part to signal something about the character, because people do this in real life as well. Think of the soldier who walks into a room with chest thrust out.

To me this person is leading with the stomach, which pregnant women do in real life. Maybe some of you who theorized a pregnant woman picked up on this kind of movement.

More frequently, however, people of both sexes with weight in the stomach lead with the stomach. I have observed this much more frequently with men though, because in general, women try to hold in or otherwise disguise their big stomachs and men are less likely to do this.

A bit of a tangent there, but I am seeing either a) a woman or b) a man with a big gut.

As for the wall touching. I am not seeing that being done for balance. To me it almost looks like a kind of "la la la" gesture akin to skipping. Now if the person jumped up to touch the top of a door frame, I would know FOR SURE it's a man.

Lastly, I am seeing unmet expectations in the way the person interacts with the doors. He/she appears to me to gracefully open the first door as if expecting it to be unlocked, as indeed it is. No turning the knob first to see if the door is unlocked before trying to open it, as I would expect with a burglar unfamiliar with the place.

By contrast, when he/she tries that with the second door, which is locked, I see body language that says WTF, really? Locked?

Same with the Dutch door. I am not seeing surprise equivalent to someone unfamiliar with such a door. I am seeing surprise like really? This was supposed to be (left in whatever state required so that the door opens as one unit).

If it turns out that this is a man I will be surprised but not totally shocked (and please, no SNAKES!)

But if it turns out that this person is completely unfamiliar with the church building, I will be so shocked that my neighbors' lights will flicker.

ETA: Another thing about the gender. I think the SWAT gear is another attempt to hide that this is a woman, because anyone seeing anyone dressed like that would automatically assume a man, simply because we don't often see women in SWAT gear. Just as the Midlothian police apparently did before backtracking.

One more edit: I read the body language of some of the opening of doors as, "I always wondered what was in here, now I have the chance to find out."

Great post, also wanted to say thanks for sharing your favorite song, I listened, and it was wonderful! I had never heard it before.

I agree with those that think "she" is very thick around the middle. Most women struggle with that and have to really work on having a flat stomach...I have first hand knowledge of this phenomenon! LOL!! I would love to have a physique like Terri did. Perhaps the sister-in-law is on track saying that she thinks it was a women who was jealous. Now, I'm not saying she was killed by this person only because of Terri's flat stomach. Maybe this woman's husband knew Terri and suggested his wife should work out. Maybe the husband flirted with Terri and the wife sought revenge. Where did Terri work out? At a gym? Maybe their paths crossed there.

A man who works at Anytime Fitness has been quoted in several reports so I assume Missy worked out there. Maybe she worked out at other gyms as well. The Anytime Fitness man had mentioned that he thought Missy had been quieter than usual lately (paraphrasing).

Midlothian Anytime Fitness has a video on their FB page of Missy from about a year ago.

https://www.facebook.com/MidlothianAF/videos/965214356830508/

Another poster mentioned this case early on, and I tend to agree, Mary Lynn Witherspoon, there could be similarities with the stalking behavior. I did not find a thread for her, but here is a link to her killer's "court battle" with the corrections department:

Transgender South Carolina inmate serving life sentence for raping, killing French teacher seeks tax payer-funded sex change

Katheryn Brown — the inmate formerly known as Tennent Brown IV, who is serving a life sentence for the 2003 rape and murder of a Charleston French teacher — has asked the corrections department to help her transition from a man to a woman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/transgender-s-inmate-seeks-sex-change-article-1.2606911

I'm not seeing these clear signs of gender that others are, but as I mentioned re: the trailing of fingers along wall and other oddities, I can well believe mental illness, even possibly along schizophrenic lines--or drugs.

Mental illness resulting in stalking/obsession with the victim seems possible.

Well but...wouldn't someone stalking/obsessed with Missy have made his/her presence known to her long before reaching the point of murdering her?

And wouldn't she have therefore taken safety precautions, such as not teaching a class that she had to show up for while it was still dark, in an isolated location where help would not have been immediately available if she were attacked?

IDK. I have never heard of someone killing someone they were obsessed with or stalking when the victim had zero knowledge that that person was out there.

That doesn't mean it's never happened, of course.

When a child or woman goes missing one of the first things websleuthers do is look into registered sex offenders in the area.
We don't know that this was a sex crime but it wouldn't hurt to look.
Can a local tell us the zip code there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member