TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who thinks a gun was involved? Why the use of gunshot residue dogs? Why check security video at gun shop close by for presence of suspect?

Quite possibly a gun was in one of the many pockets/compartments of the suspects "swat gear". He could also have had a silencer on the gun too? If a gun was used, it may help solve this case quicker via forensics.
However, if a gun was used, this definitely was a "pro".

Moo

ATasteofHoney: I thought the killer dressed like that to blend in all the police who swarmed in but I let that idea go fast - my thought is that the killer LIKELY dressed as a cop for a psycho reason (I lean that way because of how the local police publicly plead for the person 'to seek help'), AND, OR the murderer wanted the outfit on ONLY IF one of the students unexpectedly showed up early, b4 he could skiddaddle.

I can easily visualize this killer-man IMO going right away to a spot where he could watch ALL, but at some point while things were still quite chaotic, because of how police 'set up perimeters' FAST, gosh, what if this murderer lives somewhere kinda close to the church & he just snuck over through the rural shrubbery of the area?

Can anybody remember a crime LIKE THIS ONE: I think of Columbine but this is NOT the same IMO - IMO this guy TOTALLY came to murder THAT WOMAN THAT MORNING.

Why that crazy outift??? And he had that headlamp - creepy thought is that he did that so he could see what he did super clear. Oh Lord, what is he was wearing one of those 'go pro' devices? This man/killer seems like someone who WOULD want to keep souvenirs so he could relive what he did over & over - EG, I would think he'd keep that big hammer, likes 'to touch it', 'hold it', stuff like that.

I wonder if this man is some kind of 'mama's boy' ? Would sure make sense to me - Ms. Bevers was a surrogate for the real aim of his boiling hate of women. If that's the case, & Ms. Bevers was just a crime of opportunity, oh, surely this guy will keep doing this sort of thing - for all we know the guy could SIMPLY do googles/searches online for early-early morning fitness class & when he found Ms. Bevers held her classes at that rural location, he cased the joint for awhile b4 the actual murder - surely he knew there was no alarm system in that church. What is this is like Ted Bundy, crossing the USA now, keeping his fake police outfit in his car trunk?

My first guess would be because they and the rest of the community have been told by LE that they don't think the public is in danger. Motive is surely important, but we simply don't know one, yet.
yeah- this brings a thought to my mind. if the public is not in danger, than the pd believes she was the target.

he/she (I am of the opinion the figure is probably male) knew the building had a very good surveillance system thus the total disguise, so he had some knowledge of the church and in my opinion has to have been in before to know the place was full of cameras which record, I am unsure if I think she was targeted for now,

it does seem incredibly odd to go to all the trouble of the disguise to just burgle a church, their are far more lucrative places to steal from if you are going to go to so much effort to conceal your identity as well as this person has,

and why kill her, unless she knew the person very well and could identify him even under that heavy disguise, because that disguise is very good and if they were strangers to each other then he had nothing to fear from her seeing him and he could have locked her in a room and took her cell phone giving him enough time to escape, even if he knew the time the class started he had time from her seeing him to get out and escape, he got into the church unseen by cameras and therefore knew he could get out without being seen, and I do think he had to have a car, plus I think it implies confidence to impersonate a police officer, as if he was seen/challenged he could just pretend to be a cop doing his job and no one would be suspiscious of him

In the new video starting at 1:00 not only is at least one set of doors unlocked, but they're propped open.

I see the propped open doors, but don't you think there is another set of doors beyond those? Like in this picture---

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 1.57.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 1.57.08 PM.png
    551.2 KB · Views: 208
:stop:

I have posted a few times the family Is off limits!

LE has not named Missy's husband a POI/ Suspect!

Stop with the insinuations.....

ATasteofHoney
"Why did our poor victim text her hubby for the last 10 mos with the "I love you's"....why these recent 10 mos?"

Can you explain this? I missed something somewhere I think. Thanks

(Sorry I messed up quoting your post...was trying to delete out some of it to take up less space.)

I see the propped open doors, but don't you think there is another set of doors beyond those? Like in this picture---
attachment.php

I understood the layout to be that the 'main' entrance had a double set of doors, but that the 'side' entrance only had a single set of doors.

:D You would be correct. (And I did read about the praise team on Thread 1.)

Guess this is me thinking more from a structural viewpoint, again. I don't know the history of this church, or if this has always been CoC. A lot of churches growing and buying buildings from each other down here, so there's the chance some might have features not as pertinent to their particular worship style.

That said, this building does look fairly modern, so yeah...good guess this CoC wouldn't have a choir loft even if it had an overflow sanctuary balcony. :)

It has always been a Coc it split off from rolling hills church of Christ and was built from the ground up.

Those doors propped open. Creepy. The perp was inviting Missy into the place of her death.

ATasteofH: I thought I read that one student came in & a 2nd student also came in. They 1st saw Ms. Bevers facedown & flipped her over. Maybe the creep whacked her only once? Maybe the creep did crime scene staging to try to have police think she fell/tripped?

I wish we could see a photo of the video cam' itself - surely that camera was very obvious ?? BUT I do NOT get the feel that the murderer was aware of that camera !

If police find NO pings from cell phone towers in that area at that time, that is telltale that this man/murderer had the sense not to bring his cell fone to his crime scene

Oh, WHAT is the meaning of that police outfit? It says 'I am an authority - I am in complete control - I'm in charge'. I saw a news video clip saying it is SIMPLE for ANYONE to order themselves fake police gear - which makes complete sense (because no one could ever create laws blocking it, as say illicit prescription drug buys from USA folk off the internet can't be fully blocked'). Why a police outfit? Maybe that's one of the reasons the police are saying 'please seek help whoever you are', because right there you got the cop wanna be issue. Do you think in real life this man could be one of those security guards?? Or, is this killer trolling on FB because FB sure made it quite simple for this killer to do an online search & wind up with this particular women - I'm sure exercise classes like that go on all over the USA - - DEFINITELY they take place here where I live (openly advertised on FB), but I'm suburban Mpls. - St. Paul (meaning, I have NO personal knowledge about rural areas). Sounds like Ms. Bevers lived in a rural 'sleep little town' location which had quite minimal crime happening, right?

I believe he was wandering around breaking into various rooms, searching for money/valuables. It looks like the doors might have been heavier then he anticipated. He was having problems prying them open. It looks like the only ones he was having any luck with were the doors with windows, which he was breaking to open the door.

I expect that after MB interrupted him, and he murdered her, he left as quickly as possible. Most likely with his vehicle.

Why did he/she choose to kill her? He/she could have disabled her, without taking her life and quickly left. She couldn't ID the perp unless she heard the voice and recognized it.:moo:

ATasteofHoney
"Why did our poor victim text her hubby for the last 10 mos with the "I love you's"....why these recent 10 mos?"

Can you explain this? I missed something somewhere I think. Thanks

(Sorry I messed up quoting your post...was trying to delete out some of it to take up less space.)

It was said by him in a press interview outside his home.
But since the family is not to be discussed, I will not link. I believe it has been linked before here ( or was).

Did anyone ever consider that the perps walk/gait might be part of his/her disguise? In a place as small as Midlothian a person walking like that would stand out like a sore thumb.

I was thinking that the perp might have on shoes that were too small or too big or too tight for him/her & that might be why the individual is walking in such an odd manner -- or yes, it could just be that the perp is doing it on purpose.

Oh, when will we know something??

If Missy was targeted and her killer:
-planned ahead, thought out costume..
-Knew her schedule/arrival time
-that her daughter would not be going with her that day
-was familiar with church

Likely the killer would also know that some camp members regularly arrive early. There would only be 10-15 mins. to carry out their plan and leave without being seen by early arrivals. The killer would also know that her body would be found within minutes.

IMO this was no burglar. If anything it was either 'a real murderer (killing for himself), or else a contract killer like how in the Sievers case there is 'Jimmy Rogers' who posted on FB about how he loved 'to hammer' !!! I find it wierd the guy strolling around with that hammer - either he enjoyed HOLDING the hammer or was just 'killing time' until his victim arrived.

I am NOT understanding 2 posts:
1. pegleg ballerina?? what duh?
2. 'doors were propped open' ?? what is that about - surely the doors were closed, right, & Ms. Bevers had a key for the door that got the ladies to her classroom where she held the class. ???

Something that's been bothering me is how he/she got away?
There is only one driveway in and out of the parking lot. Even if the getaway car was parked in back, out of sight, they would still have to leave by that drive and, from what I understand, some of the camp participants would have already been there.....waiting in the parking lot.
It looks like no matter were they were parked they would see a vehicle leaving the premises.

If you look at google earth you can see a little dirt drive in the far back of the lot that loops around but if you look closely you can see more tracks where vehicles have driven going as far back as the left corner of the lot. The ground would have been very muddy but maybe the perp made his way from the back of the lot over to the airport on the right. Doesn't look like it would be too far. Wonder if they checked cameras at the airport?

Since this class was normally done outside, if the person was there only to kill Missy, they had to have known she'd be going inside that day, otherwise they'd have waited for her outside.

So assuming the intention was to kill Missy, who knew she'd be going inside that morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95