TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other piece of sleuthing for you.

That CG class was not the only one we had in town that morning. Right now the road, at 4:40 or 5 am another class started at Beef O' Brady's. Missy had recently hired a male trainer to lead that class (about a month earlier). Therefore, although it was early, our town certainly had people driving and arriving along a stretch of 287 that cuts right through the middle of town. This was not the only fitness class that morning. Could anyone from the other class know that the cameras didn't work, too? It's also be easy to establish your alibi if you were on the road.

Oh, and to "someone would have heard a gunshot..." not where that church is. You'd have know our landscape here, but it's not an area whatsoever that people would hear. It's very spread out, on some land. There is a Whataburger right there though.

Respectfully BBM, I was thinking about someone maybe outside in parking lot having possibly heard a shot. But also if there were storming going on at the time, even if heard a gunshot may have dismissed for thunder crack. (if the camper was sitting in car, probably had car and radio on anyway) JMHO

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0x864ef4e6edd7077f:0xe669ea29f7add587!6m1!1e1

I hope this works, but here is an aerial view of Creekside Church of Christ. This is what bothers me......if there was not a vehicle out front when Missy arrived, then it was in the back where the suspect apparently "broke a window on the door, reached in and entered the church". If Missy entered the building at 4:18AM and another camper arrived at 4:35am and sat outside, that means more than likely Missy was murdered around 4:20 - 4:30 am. I guess the suspect could have murdered her and fled the scene before that person arrived at 4:35, but it sure would have been a close call.

I am wondering how the suspect left the church. If he/she was not observed by the Main Hall surveillance camera leaving via the front, I am assuming the suspect exited the rear of the building where their vehicle was out of sight. If someone was in the front parking lot, as you can see, there is only one way out of that church and that is through the way one would enter. Someone had to see something with this close of a timeline. I am just not sure what to think of this scenario. Pretty hard to accomplish a murder and escape this scene undetected all in a span of 15 minutes.

Anyone else have any ideas here? I am at a loss.

One other piece of sleuthing for you.

That CG class was not the only one we had in town that morning. Right now the road, at 4:40 or 5 am another class started at Beef O' Brady's. Missy had recently hired a male trainer to lead that class (about a month earlier). Therefore, although it was early, our town certainly had people driving and arriving along a stretch of 287 that cuts right through the middle of town. This was not the only fitness class that morning. Could anyone from the other class know that the cameras didn't work, too? It's also be easy to establish your alibi if you were on the road.

Oh, and to "someone would have heard a gunshot..." not where that church is. You'd have know our landscape here, but it's not an area whatsoever that people would hear. It's very spread out, on some land. There is a Whataburger right there though.

So maybe the killer changed clothes and went to the other fitness class down the road? Hmmm

That would be the killers best alibi. The police need to check some phone pings imo.

Example. Your phone stopped pinging at 3 am at your home. But your next ping is at 5am at the other fitness center. Hmmm.

I would definitely check pings.

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
Or they got tired of a 100 tips about a pregnant lady with a prosthesis

Lol. That could also be true but I don't think that is the reason JMO

LOl I doubt if that the reason either but I sure they get some wacky crap called in. I know at the Beverly Carter trial the Def was cross examining Lead Det about tips and Det said a psychic from Texas came flew in :) .. so bless the LEO hearts with all they have to wade thru on an investigation and that added muck that's time consuming to no end. That could be another reason nothing been on news few days.

Personally I don't trust media.

The video is motion activated from inside the church. So, this means that after the killer left the church the video stopped recording ? So why did LE give such precise arrival times for the other campers. And, if it means that the video was still recording when the early camper arrived, LE would know if he/she sat in their car,or went inside the church . And, even if the video did stop recording when the killer left, wouldn't LE have seen him/her ? Something's off...and I'm reminded that LE will often hide the truth about what they know, sometimes even from family members of missing/deceased victims. To protect their investigation, and solve cases.

The video outside was broken. The reason they have such precise times is because the video INSIDE the main hall captures them coming into the building. They only capture video (which is motion activated) when someone enters the area where there are cameras. I believe LE knows when the suspect left, they are not releasing that info OR the suspect left via a route where there were no video cameras. JMO

Yes. I'm not sure about ATF checking for gunshot residue though. Is gunshot residue not found on the hands, face,someimes clothing of someone who has just fired a gun ? Did they check out the other campers for this ? TIA

^bbm^ It depends.

Per a scientific article (link below) I read on GSR, yes, it can be found on hand, face, clothing on someone who has recently fired a gun.
But there may be insufficient quantity to detect.
And ... GSR may be transferred from a shooter's hand to another person's hand by a handshake/friendly grasp or unfriendly contact.
And ... a shooter may deliberately or inadvertently remove GSR by washing hands or by rubbing on other objects (towel, washcloth, etc). May simply 'wear off' by person reaching into pockets, moving about, sweating, etc. within a few hours.
And ... a person who did not fire the gun may acquire GSR on hand(s) by handling the weapon after it as fired, or thru contact w shooter.
IOW, GSR on a person is not conclusive evidence that the person fired a/the gun, and lack of GSR on a person is not conclusive evd that person did not fire a/the gun.
Many factors, e.g., # of hours or time lapsed from shooting until collecting where multiple swabs were taken from multiple body parts, clothing, etc.

Who collects & tests?
Local PD/LE or state-level LE (Tx Rangers, for ex) evd. techs may collect or swab, then GSR kits are sent to (usually private, IIRC) labs for testing, so
ATF employees are not necessarily involved in basic GSR collection or testing & reporting.

JM2cts.

ETA: Found sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunshot_residue
Scientific Working Group for Gunshot Residue (SWGGSR) http://www.swggsr.org for detailed info.

I meant a camper,not a church goer ? And I'm not sure about the hunting, didn't the early camper say that she arrived at 4:35 AM ?

I meant the sniffer dogs would pick up any gun fire residue including church goers who attended services the prior day. Really just guessing at this point. :blushing:

So maybe the killer changed clothes and went to the other fitness class down the road? Hmmm

That would be the killers best alibi. The police need to check some phone pings imo.

Example. Your phone stopped pinging at 3 am at your home. But your next ping is at 5am at the other fitness center. Hmmm.

I would definitely check pings.

Did not know about other class down road. Would be great alibi. Interesting!!!!

Honestly, I was told by LE not to discuss this case with anyone in public here in our area so I am not sure exactly if others are in agreement. However that being said, it's a small town as are the bordering towns and based on comments of mutual friends I would say that based solely on what I have read not discussed that others are coming to the same conclusions. But that is jmo.

Do you think LE knows who is the perp?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0x864ef4e6edd7077f:0xe669ea29f7add587!6m1!1e1

I hope this works, but here is an aerial view of Creekside Church of Christ. This is what bothers me......if there was not a vehicle out front when Missy arrived, then it was in the back where the suspect apparently "broke a window on the door, reached in and entered the church". If Missy entered the building at 4:18AM and another camper arrived at 4:35am and sat outside, that means more than likely Missy was murdered around 4:20 - 4:30 am. I guess the suspect could have murdered her and fled the scene before that person arrived at 4:35, but it sure would have been a close call.

I am wondering how the suspect left the church. If he/she was not observed by the Main Hall surveillance camera leaving via the front, I am assuming the suspect exited the rear of the building where their vehicle was out of sight. If someone was in the front parking lot, as you can see, there is only one way out of that church and that is through the way one would enter. Someone had to see something with this close of a timeline. I am just not sure what to think of this scenario. Pretty hard to accomplish a murder and escape this scene undetected all in a span of 15 minutes.

Maybe the perp drove a motorcycle .

From the image you gave, very easy to park behind church, enter and leaving the church from rear and biking through those trees and beyond. Missy would have not seen the glass damage if it was in the back of the church. Maybe she saw the glass at the end of the hall, the perp confronted her there, then he went to the front doors and propped them open and exited the back again.....jmo

The timeline provided by LE doesn't address what time the perp left.

If the perp left out the back way, and if the early-arriving campers waited outside in front of the church (whether outside inside their cars, or outside in the rain) until 5am, Missy could have been killed anytime from when she arrived up until shortly before the campers entered the church at 5. As far as I can tell, it's possible that he/she could have left out the back way as late as 4:55. Based on the info we have, I think the perp had a span of time of about 25 minutes to do the deed and get out: from Missy's arrival at 4:18 until 4:55-ish. Heck, he/she could have still been inside the church right up until 5 -- leaving out the back entrance when he/she heard the campers entering through the front.

I'm not saying I think the perp left at 4:55 or 5. But I am saying that unless and until we have a timeline that indicates the perp left earlier than that, we can't assume it. It's possible that Missy was killed while the early-arriving campers were waiting out front.

Have you read our Etiquette and Information?

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

The video outside was broken. The reason they have such precise times is because the video INSIDE the main hall captures them coming into the building. They only capture video (which is motion activated) when someone enters the area where there are cameras. I believe LE knows when the suspect left, they are not releasing that info OR the suspect left via a route where there were no video cameras. JMO

Okay, so again, why the very precise arrival time stated of the "early camper " ? Did they go into the church too ? LE could easily eliminate that "early camper" as a suspect if the video does NOT show them going into the church in the time frame required to kill Missy. Umm, unless some statements just aren't true ? jmo

Yes, the perp's getaway bothers me, as well. I see there are trees behind the church. Is it possible the perp could have hidden some mode of transportation back there? How did he leave? Maybe we should give more thought to people who were supposed to be there that day?

IMHO

Okay, so again, why the very precise arrival time stated of the "early camper " ? Did they go into the church too ? LE could easily eliminate that "early camper" as a suspect if the video does NOT show them going into the church in the time frame required to kill Missy. Umm, unless some statements just aren't true ? jmo

The early camper may have reported her arrival time to LE that precisely. Maybe she looked at the clock on her dashboard as she was parking. Maybe she sent a text or an email to someone when she arrived, and was able to show LE the timestamp on her phone. I see nothing suspicious about having a precise arrival time on the early-arriving camper.

Yes, the perp's getaway bothers me, as well. I see there are trees behind the church. Is it possible the perp could have hidden some mode of transportation back there? How did he leave? Maybe we should give more thought to people who were supposed to be there that day?

IMHO

I am wondering if the perp was on a motorcycle? I would think the creek had water in it since it had been raining. Very heavy storms occurred over the weekend in Texas.

The video is motion activated from inside the church. So, this means that after the killer left the church the video stopped recording ? So why did LE give such precise arrival times for the other campers. And, if it means that the video was still recording when the early camper arrived, LE would know if he/she sat in their car,or went inside the church . And, even if the video did stop recording when the killer left, wouldn't LE have seen him/her ? Something's off...and I'm reminded that LE will often hide the truth about what they know, sometimes even from family members of missing/deceased victims. To protect their investigation, and solve cases.

From the video of news presser, the Chief states that there was no video footage from outside the church http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-gear-18-April-2016-3&p=12489946#post12489946. I am ASSUMING that they got the time of the other camper (s) arrival from their statements to LEO. Yes, they do withhold information for the integrity of the case, thankfully.

Those motion censored cameras start and stop with motion usually going about 2 min iirc after last movement, and backs up and shuts off until further movement.
JMHO

Bevers was still unloading equipment from her gray F-150 pickup truck when she was killed inside the church building. Police would not reveal how they think she died.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

The church did not have a security alarm, but cameras inside captured the grainy images of the police impersonator walking around. Investigators believe the perpetrator left shortly after murdering Bevers.

bbm

Terri Leann "Missy" Bevers, 45, arrived at Creekside Church of Christ on Highway 287 about 4:18 a.m. Monday.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

Motion-activated surveillance footage from the church shows the suspect inside for the first time at about 3:50 a.m., almost 30 minutes before Bevers arrived.

A participant in Camp Gladiator, Bevers' program, arrived to the church at 4:35.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

It's not clear how soon after that arrival Bevers was found, but two 911 calls were received by police at 5 a.m., Johnson said.

Cameras wouldn't explain how they'd know the time of the early camper if they stayed inside their car. If there's no cameras around and it's only the camper's word, nothing is to say that the camper didn't arrive at 3:30 AM and park on the opposite side of the main entrance where Missy wouldn't see it upon arriving.

The camper told LE. So that's how LE knew. And I'm sure they will verify through pings and other activities on the campers phone.

I just hope that you are never the first to arrive to the bank (before business hours) and waited outside or in your car while a unknowningly bank robbery was taken place and the perps dashed out the back. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321