TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep circling back to why the ATF was there. Earlier in the week LE stated they brought in dogs to search for gun residue clues.

The warrant stated she died from head trauma. We know there were tools used as weapons...but pay attention to the wording. Police said she died of "trauma to the head..." but NOT "blunt force trauma." Who's to say she didn't die of gunshot trauma to the head?

Here in town that morning, we heard immediately that she was shot and bludgeoned. Obviously she could have had such severe trauma that those who found her might have speculated that it was a gunshot. But again, ATF was searching for gun powder residue. I've just been surprised that no one dissected this closer, but I may have missed somewhere this was discussed or ruled out.

Good post. I think many people are reading too much into ATF and the FBI being involved. ATF investigates many crimes including weapon/drug trafficking, illegal alcohol/tobacco, murder-for-hire crimes, bombs/explosives/terrorism, etc...

:sigh: and :eek:

I keep circling back to why the ATF was there. Earlier in the week LE stated they brought in dogs to search for gun residue clues.

The warrant stated she died from head trauma. We know there were tools used as weapons...but pay attention to the wording. Police said she died of "trauma to the head..." but NOT "blunt force trauma." Who's to say she didn't die of gunshot trauma to the head?

Here in town that morning, we heard immediately that she was shot and bludgeoned. Obviously she could have had such severe trauma that those who found her might have speculated that it was a gunshot. But again, ATF was searching for gun powder residue. I've just been surprised that no one dissected this closer, but I may have missed somewhere this was discussed or ruled out.

Not much chat about possibility of a gun just because LE has given no verbal indication that one was used ! But it's not out of the question. It certainly would explain the apparent confidence that the perp seemed to have about quickly ending Missy's life......if the head trauma was solely a hammer or a pick-like tool, the scene would be very bloody and grisly (but we know zero about the death scene).... JMO

Good question. Now I'm unsure a kitchen video exists as the early articles I can find don't specifically state that. Nor can I find the source which stated the perp opened kitchen cabinets and drawers, although this is what I recall reading and maybe, based on that, assumed there was kitchen video. Perhaps the knowledge the perp was in the kitchen came from the perp leaving cabinets and drawers open, because now we know he does that with doors.

The first presser talks about cameras in the hallways and that some rooms did not have video footage. He talks about how there is hallway footage of Missy going down the hall to the place she was assaulted, but the assault was not on camera. Now that I think about it, why would there be a camera in a church kitchen?

Re-watching the first presser is interesting, as the reporters ask pretty insightful questions. One reporter inquires about how would the public know if a cop they encountered is a real cop. Which makes me think about another motive - that maybe this is a nutter who's goal was to sully LE. But nah, that would be too bizarre....

[video=youtu;XNLtwTK2hq8]http://youtu.be/XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

No alarm permit (so they do not think had an alarm)
No video from parking lot showing MB arrive - have camera but not working
Have video of MB walking down main hallway
Dont know how long perp was in building only, only when first motion activated camera caught.
Speculation was perp came in and went out the metal door with broken window (reached in and opened door)

Wow, I was just going to post the very same thing. Wondering how closely the campers are being checked out and if their gym bags were searched.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I would venture to say VERY VERY closely. Not one mention anywhere of their names!

I have been thinking about the ATF's presence too. IDK. The Rangers and the FBI are pretty capable at gunshot investigation ? I recall reading that the ATF was mentioned, and that a dog was brought in. also recall reading that ATF was mentioned in connection with searching for both gunshot residue ( ?) and something about " other types of explosive devices" . Possible it was just very early speculation though. jmo

I think some of you need to go back and read the rules! Stop sleuthing the family!

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

So it's possible that the person waiting outside was there while Missy was being murdered, and while the perp was making his getaway? Hmmmmm...

I am wondering :
Since this was a normal camp workout place, did they use an extension cord for anything on normal basis? Open the church for use of rest room? Was someone there to open the church up or did MB have keys to church?

Metal door that the first presser spoke about being entry/exit of perp on video shows to be at back of church. Where did the campers who found her go thru? MB was shown to have came down main hallway which tells me she prob came in different door than the one we saw propped open, on backside of church.

Posture, stance, and walk. I used to work security at Target, and many of the hidden cameras were awful. Hardly any detail at all. However, I could spot blurry pictures of people's back by their walk easily enough. Change that, and you're a new person. No props required.
Altered stance and walk are difficult to maintain without some kind of aid, which is one reason why they're so useful in recognizing people. A few pebbles (or similar irritants) strategically placed in your shoes can help. Put them toward the front, and they'll encourage a more heavy-footed, stomping kind of walk. Under the heels, they'll encourage you to walk more on the balls of your feet. It'll be uncomfortable, but it will help you avoid slipping into your normal patterns.

Good post. Really interesting! James Gandolfini from sopranos used to put little pebbles in
his shoes and wear them all day when he had a difficult scene, where he had to be angry or abusive, cause he's really a teddy bear.

I have been thinking about the ATF's presence too. IDK. The Rangers and the FBI are pretty capable at gunshot investigation ? I recall reading that the ATF was mentioned, and that a dog was brought in. also recall reading that ATF was mentioned in connection with searching for both gunshot residue ( ?) and something about " other types of explosive devices" . Possible it was just very early speculation though. jmo

Yes, the ATF brought in a highly specialized firearm/explosive accelerant sniffing dog

I think when the husband stated that he felt that this was random; He simply didn't want to scare the kids even further. Plus it helps eliminate the immediate press question of who could it be.

Also. Everything is on tape. So why did the police have him make a statement. There would only be so much he could say in regards to getting the public help to find the killer that is on this video.

On Wednesday, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were on the premises with a local bomb-sniffing dog named "Titan" who searched the building and grounds of the church. Officials said the dog was searching for gun casings and gun residue, among other possible clues. They did not say if the dog found anything related to the case.

-----

The victim cause of death was a “head injury by an unknown instrument”.

-----
From what I've seen, it's MSM that said "blunt force trauma." LE says "head injury by an unknown instrument." The choice of wording is key here.

I guess my point is that it's plausible that she could have first been shot and disabled, then bludgeoned (crime of passion). Bc you could render someone unconscious with an instrument. But to actually kill them, that takes a mighty amount of force (for a victim who is strong and fit). That's why the female perp suspicions just doesn't play out to me.

Our circle of friends, many connected to first responders, etc., and friends with those whom found her that morning said "she was shot" right away. Way before media got involved. Again, they may have just guessed bc they saw trauma and assumed such. I just wouldn't be surprised if she really was shot first bc LE will hold key information close as we all know.

I don't see anything wrong if saying the husband had 2 ex wives. But we can't slueth the exs nor those relationships.

But a quick mentioned that hubby had 2 previous wives seems okay to me. But we can't really open up that can.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but in his interview he talks about Missy being a teacher for special needs children for a couple of years before their children were born. I am thinking this info on a divorce in 2012 would be inaccurate. JMO

So it's possible that the person waiting outside was there while Missy was being murdered, and while the perp was making his getaway? Hmmmmm...

Yes, I've seen nothing to contradict that. I don't for instance see anything that would stop the perp from tying Missy up to a chair for 20 minutes, not that I think it happened, just there's potentially a lot of time available to the perp, what happened to Missy was off-camera and there's been no mention of when or if the perp left.

I am not seeing this on the news anymore. So frustrating. I for whatever reason I cannot touch upon within myself wish this solved.

Yes, the ATF brought in a highly specialized firearm/explosive accelerant sniffing dog

Yes. I'm not sure about ATF checking for gunshot residue though. Is gunshot residue not found on the hands, face,someimes clothing of someone who has just fired a gun ? Did they check out the other campers for this ? TIA

I am wondering :
Since this was a normal camp workout place, did they use an extension cord for anything on normal basis? Open the church for use of rest room? Was someone there to open the church up or did MB have keys to church?

Metal door that the first presser spoke about being entry/exit of perp on video shows to be at back of church. Where did the campers who found her go thru? MB was shown to have came down main hallway which tells me she prob came in different door than the one we saw propped open, on backside of church.

Agree. Let's say it was a nice night. It still would be hard to have a class outside at 5am since the sun doesn't come up until 6:15 or so.

So a power cord for lights or music or something would be needed. So I'm sure she would have to go in the church for something.

IMO, the reason the post from the night before was deleted is because the murderer posted a response to it or liked it. This doesn't necessarily mean it was a CG member- the posts were public and anyone could comment on them I believe. I think the PD asked the family (or whomever is in charge of her account now) to delete it so that the general public wouldn't figure it out and begin a which hunt, spooking the perp before they have all their ducks in a row to arrest the perp.

JMO.

If you think back to at least recent history, FBI/ATF have been at all the murders on church properties. Also I believe it is a federal offense to impersonate a police officer, especially when there is a death. I found this but I was thinking I had read that before about impersonating officers. This statute may only be for feds but I will try find the other I saw a while back

18 U.S. Code § 912 - Officer or employee of the United State
Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 742; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.) https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/912

*also the possibility of "Hate Crime" unknown at time .. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members