TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:notgood: Pretty strong words in this article regarding what happened to Missy:

"Police said she was ambushed and died from a blow to the head."

Color me confused but first I'm hearing she put up a struggle and now I'm hearing ambushed from behind and also a blow to the back of the head.
Things are being held tightly by LE which makes me think they have a very small & defined list of suspects.

I wish we had a timeline put together. I think that you make a good point, but I don't know if the two of them were together and called in the presence of each other. It also could have been the result of a panic - dead body, seems like it's taking police "forever" so they call again or call to update "hey we're outside now." OR the initial call was for am ambulance ("we have someone unconscious here") and then they see the injuries and call again ("head trauma!"). But, usually 911 tells you to stay on the line so it wouldn't make sense to hang up. 911 would be talking them through what to do.

Or, first call when they see there was a break-in, and a second call when they find the victim.

bbm, Yeah that was my thinking as well I am sure that once it was realized what was happening/going on that not every one was inside but I'll bet it didn't take long for all to know that the police/ambulance was needed. jmo

Am I the only one who has a creepy suspicion that the killer is reading here, but not posting?

These threads are moving SO fast, and I'm having trouble keeping up, so please accept my apologies if this has already been mentioned/questioned - does anyone else think it's strange that the two campers that found Missy both called 911? If they both discovered her body, why would they both call 911 at the same time? To me, this is very odd and makes me wonder IF one of those callers had something to do with the murder, he/she thought making a 911 call would keep from arousing any suspicion.

Well if 20 neighbors wake up and see that a neighbor's house is on fire. Then I would hope 20 people call 911.

Now I only say this because we are not sure if both people were standing next to each other and dialing 911 at the same time. Maybe 1 ran outside and called to get out of that church just in case the killer was there. Idk.

Any word on how many campers typically attend these classes?

Sadly since it was raining outside, there would be the potential of any droplets of blood from scene carried by perp (or if was also injured somehow to be washed away/diluted outside)
I saw that it was raining at that time. I wonder about the rainfall (heavy, sprinkles so forth) any thunder and lightening/storm sounds? That could have kept the early arriving campers in car too. May have even helped the perp get out if didnt have lights on and storm sounds (if were any) could help disguise the potential veh sounds) .. just thinking outloud

Yes at 4 am it was thundering very loudly and raining quite hard.

We don't know that Missy entered the church on her own, right? She could have been unloading gear from her car to hold class in the covered area outdoors, with no intention of going inside. But, she was ambushed, hit on the head, and dragged inside (or ambushed, dragged inside, and hit on the head).

Her campers found her inside, iirc. Perhaps when they showed up for class and they didn't see Missy by her car, they waited outside a little bit for her to emerge from the building and set up for class. When she didn't appear, they went inside to see what was happening. And then they found her.

From what I understand, Missy intended to hold the class regardless of the rain because they had a covered area outdoors, not because she had a classroom in the church to use. Right?

This thread is going soooo fast! Has this been mentioned already?

:seeya: Howdy InTheDetails! I haven't seen this specific scenario mentioned yet (but don't hold me to that - the threads are moving super fast), but I think you are onto something with hitting Missy when she was unloading gear. I think the only reason to go inside the building would be if someone had to use the bathroom. I can't understand for being responsible for buildings all over the area though. That might make one a target just for their set of keys? I'm not ruling out Missy might have had a large sum of money with her for deposit that was the perp's target, but he was spooked by the early camper. Just food for thought! lol! Full buffet it seems.

Am I the only one who has a creepy suspicion that the killer is reading here, but not posting?

Well there are currently 68 "guests" on this thread so anything is possible. IMHO, this crime is going to be solved quickly.
But if the suspect is--so be it & tick tock.....tick tock.

We don't know that Missy entered the church on her own, right? She could have been unloading gear from her car to hold class in the covered area outdoors, with no intention of going inside. But, she was ambushed, hit on the head, and dragged inside (or ambushed, dragged inside, and hit on the head).

Her campers found her inside, iirc. Perhaps when they showed up for class and they didn't see Missy by her car, they waited outside a little bit for her to emerge from the building and set up for class. When she didn't appear, they went inside to see what was happening. And then they found her.

From what I understand, Missy intended to hold the class regardless of the rain because they had a covered area outdoors, not because she had a classroom in the church to use. Right?

This thread is going soooo fast! Has this been mentioned already?

The church is a nice size. Now does each light turn on manually and individually. Or are the lights switched on from a outside box. Are the church lights inside motion sensored or always on. How far in do you have to walk to turn on the lights of each section of the church.

Is it possible the perp had on the back lights which made her head to the back. Did the campers follow the lights which lead to her body. Did they have to search room to room or was she just in the hallway.

How did the perp know how and where to light up certain areas. Just asking.

:seeya: Howdy InTheDetails! I haven't seen this specific scenario mentioned yet (but don't hold me to that - the threads are moving super fast), but I think you are onto something with hitting Missy when she was unloading gear. I think the only reason to go inside the building would be if someone had to use the bathroom. I can't understand for being responsible for buildings all over the area though. That might one a target just for their set of keys? I'm not ruling out Missy might have had a large sum of money with her for deposit that was the perp's target, but he was spooked by the early camper. Just food for thought! lol! Full buffet it seems.

I tend to agree with this theory. I've mentioned before, but, if she was alone and heard something in the church, I cannot see her going inside to investigate herself. It's 4:15AM and dark out. She would most likely jump in her truck and call someone/and or 911. If I opened a door and saw broken glass or heard something from inside, I would NOT be brave enough to go in. Unless....the voice calling at her was someone she knew and recognized...

Bevers was still unloading equipment from her gray F-150 pickup truck when she was killed inside the church building. Police would not reveal how they think she died.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

The church did not have a security alarm, but cameras inside captured the grainy images of the police impersonator walking around. Investigators believe the perpetrator left shortly after murdering Bevers.

bbm

Terri Leann "Missy" Bevers, 45, arrived at Creekside Church of Christ on Highway 287 about 4:18 a.m. Monday.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

Motion-activated surveillance footage from the church shows the suspect inside for the first time at about 3:50 a.m., almost 30 minutes before Bevers arrived.

A participant in Camp Gladiator, Bevers' program, arrived to the church at 4:35.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

It's not clear how soon after that arrival Bevers was found, but two 911 calls were received by police at 5 a.m., Johnson said.

So, Missy arrives at 4:18, unloads some equipment and is known to have entered the interior of the church at some point? Another camper arrives at 4:35 and notices nothing unusual. Missy is discovered @ 5 am. From 4:18 to approximately 4:30 would still be plenty of time for the suspect to have surprised her with a blow(s) to the head, killing her quickly and leaving the premises before anyone else arrived. Or so it seems to me. And if not by car or motorcycle, perhaps out the back and across the "fields" on an ATV or utility vehicle of some sort.

JMO

no, i think the frumpy jealous wife perp is in self-denial and has blocked this crime from her mind and is going on with her business today as if nothing happened and as if she has no association with this crime whatsoever. i believe the perp is going out of her way to avoid seeing anything related to this crime in an effort to avoid any association with it and ownership of it. this was a crime of temporary rage and now the victim is out of her way the perp's way - so the perp wants to go back to being "normal" and thus avoid any and all reminders of the crime. this means turning off the TV when reports come on and purposely not reading the local paper and internet on the murder etc. think of a combination of the following - "ostrich" mentality, a compartmentalization of different realities, self-denial (like O.J. Simpson). in her own mind she has nothing to do with this crime and is far away from it and she goes out of her way to distance herself from it.

I can't think about it lest I have a panic attack. I don't live that far from 287. :gaah: :scared: I am prepared for a Cop Killer SWAT attack. Guarantee you! Doors are locked. Garage doors down. Dog is in the house.

?

I saw everyone else's posts about it, and it was just a thought. He doesn't know anyone here, no worries!

Heck, I think it's common to feel creeped out after watching the suspect in the video & knowing what is going to happen next--PLUS---the suspect hasn't been arrested yet.

But tomorrow is Monday (wink, wink).

No worries...

Any word on how many campers typically attend these classes?

It has been mentioned, but the number that has been mentioned escapes me. Maybe 8 - 10? A few more or less.

Well if 20 neighbors wake up and see that a neighbor's house in on fire. Then I would hope 20 people call 911.

Now I only say this because we are not sure if both people were standing next to each other and dialing 911 at the same time. Maybe 1 ran outside and called to get out of that church just in case the killer was there. Idk.

I totally agree with what you're saying, and I'm sure panic and adrenaline played a big role in the campers' reactions. I just assumed (I know what they say about that) that the campers who called 911 had to have at least crossed paths if they were all there for a 5:00am class. I can imagine 911 receiving several calls from different homes if a neighbor's house is on fire, or in a domestic situation where one person is hiding in one part of the home. It just strikes me as odd that two people called at the same time in this particular situation. Jmo

Ugh... Thanks

It will be okay! Deep breaths. If they are reading or posting its bc they are obviously intrigued by people talking about *them* which means they like attention. Probably something they demand from others, it's always about them. Narcissistic personality. I figured that much anyway based on murdering the beautiful Missy Bevers in cold blood inside of a church. You probably love watching those videos all over the news too. They will find you, just keep wondering when it will be.

tick tock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member