TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably do. I don't think this was a murder for hire, but that's just my opinion, which very well could be wrong. I'm probably in the minority with my opinion that this wasn't a hired hit.

My opinion is that this was something else besides a burglary, but I'm not exactly sure what that something else is, so I don't know if Missy was specifically targeted or if she interrupted something.

What's interesting is that I came across a news clip yesterday, I think one of the first/earliest breaking stories, and the anchorwoman said "fitness instructor shot and killed." I haven't seen any other reference to a shooting, however. Everything else says either head wound (which of course could definitely still be a gunshot wound), or head wound by a blunt object which would not be a gunshot. I have no idea what or where something got lost in translation or twisted or what, but I was really surprised when I heard the reporter say that.

Welcome to WS, MesquiteO21! :)

I haven't seen that news slip....but MSM sometimes just gets it wrong. I'm not saying that I don't believe that it's possible that a gun was the murder weapon, just that I don't think we will know for sure until LE tells us. I have thought hammer all along but that's only because I didn't see a gun in any of the clips. LE obviously knows more than I do though (;) ) and there is a lot of footage not shown to us.

I'm glad you're here!

My opinion is that this was something else besides a burglary, but I'm not exactly sure what that something else is, so I don't know if Missy was specifically targeted or if she interrupted something.

I lean towards her being targeted, so in that sense it was a "hit". I just am not seeing any evidence that it was a "hired hit" or a murder for hire. I think the perp who killed her was the one who wanted her dead. I'm leaving open the very small possibility that Missy interrupted something and was then killed so she couldn't report it.

Here is some actual news following up on how someone else mentioned that others from the Feds were involved - the answer is the US Marshals and based on what's said it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other federal agencies involved beside the FBI, ATF and US Marshals:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/family-ask-for-help-catching-killer/152979147
I'm curious why the US Marshals are involved.
I have also been curious about the search warrants. They have only mentioned the search of her truck, but in one of the Midlothian Press Conferences they said they have had several search warrants.

What's interesting is that I came across a news clip yesterday, I think one of the first/earliest breaking stories, and the anchorwoman said "fitness instructor shot and killed." I haven't seen any other reference to a shooting, however. Everything else says either head wound (which of course could definitely still be a gunshot wound), or head wound by a blunt object which would not be a gunshot. I have no idea what or where something got lost in translation or twisted or what, but I was really surprised when I heard the reporter say that.

sorry this was meant to be a direct reply to liltexans post. this is my very first post here lol :gaah::confused::doh:

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

I lean towards her being targeted, so in that sense it was a "hit". I just am not seeing any evidence that it was a "hired hit" or a murder for hire. I think the perp who killed her was the one who wanted her dead. I'm leaving open the very small possibility that Missy interrupted something and was then killed so she couldn't report it.

Yes, I think it's more likely that she was targeted as I think something like a church bombing is improbable, but not impossible based on what I currently know.

I have also been curious about the search warrants. They have only mentioned the search of her truck, but in one of the Midlothian Press Conferences they said they have had several search warrants.
I would imagine her home as well???

I agree on all points. I believe it was LE or someone in training, but imho I think it was LE or ex LE and that is why no arrest has been made I also believe they may have actually been talking to someone like the accomplice.

So what are you thinking as far as motive?

Just so you guys know, the escalating Twitter talk got the thread shut down for a while last night.

It's a non-journalist (not MSM at any rate) who put the still frame through a whole of post-processing. Anyone should be able to find that same frame and blow it up.

Why Federal Agencies??

I am still convinced that Missy was the target (vs theories of burglary or some kind of terrorism).

Having said that, I think we are missing a HUGE part of the case when I think about the involvement of three FEDERAL agencies, the US Marshals, the FBI, and the ATF.

Was the suspect already under surveillance by one of these federal agencies?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...t-them-to-die-believes-she-was-targeted.html/

They probably do. I don't think this was a murder for hire, but that's just my opinion, which very well could be wrong. I'm probably in the minority with my opinion that this wasn't a hired hit.

I'm not certain it was a murder for hire. Professional job? Yes, but not necessarily a hired hit.

sorry this was meant to be a direct reply to liltexans post. this is my very first post here lol :gaah::confused::doh:

Bienvenidos!!

Could the involvement of the federal agencies be simply because a fatal crime in a church by someone in fake SWAT gear be a precautionary measure?

They might not really truly suspect it, but given the current political climate they potentially feel they should rule out terrorism (of any kind).

Sorry for the hideous sentence construction. Hopefully my meaning gets across. Can't brain atm.

And if she interrupted something then I can see how the person may have felt 'trapped', Missy was in their way and was smacked in the head. I would be intrigued to know if she was quite obviously harmed or if she 'simply' died due to being harmed. I guess a gun shot wouldn't look any different from one to the other, but if it was from blunt force it might.

I wonder if the police have footage of the person in the church after the attack - I know they don't have footage of the person leaving but do they have footage of the person moving about afterwards? Behaving in any particular ways. They have tools that the person left behind? Were they the person's tools or the church's tools which the person picked up along the way? If they were the person's tools then surely they left in a panic.

I'm really not sure what to think.

You can see that the suspect's headlamp is still on when he/she comes out of Room 12 at the 1:53 mark on the video. Watch for the beam shining on the doorframe.

:tantrum:

Let's focus on what we see in the released police videos........

It was a targeted killing........

She did not interrupt anything, someone or people wanted her dead......

I still would like to know where the perp's car was that was fairly seen on the video that the police saw

Why Federal Agencies??

I am still convinced that Missy was the target (vs theories of burglary or some kind of terrorism).

Having said that, I think we are missing a HUGE part of the case when I think about the involvement of three FEDERAL agencies, the US Marshals, the FBI, and the ATF.

Was the suspect already under surveillance by one of these federal agencies?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...t-them-to-die-believes-she-was-targeted.html/

Good question. But can you bring in federal agencies just on a "theorized" suspect - they don't really have a suspect (named) yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper