TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to read much of all of this thread and most of the last two, plus follow along in the media before chiming in on here...but please forgive it anything I add is going over previously covered stuff. Plus, this is just my speculations and musings on a few points.

-Watching the videos, I was stuck by the immediate thought that this person in SWAT gear was playing a role, in an outfit they were unaccustomed to. There is the fumbling to put a piece of equipment back at one point that really made it seem that all the gear was not familiar to the wearer/user. The body language, the almost strut-like walk, the patting of the wall, the slow deliberate moves...to me it felt like someone doing their best impression of LE/security personal. Like their movements were deliberate and perhaps informed by watching how cops are portrayed in crime dramas or on reality TV. It felt like they were psych-ing themselves to be that person, have that authority, own that space.
Question: Does anybody know if the order that the video clips - that appear in the lastest media offering of 2 and a half minutes of disjointed snippets - are these in actual chronological order? And does the window smashing part happen before or after Missy is recorded as arriving at the scene?

-The Creekside Church doesn't seem to be Missy's church and maybe the regular Creekside congregation and staff here are not familiar with her and her 'rainy-day' arrangement to use the space. The church's bulletin (most recent here: http://www.creeksidecc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Creekside-Bulletin-04-10-16.pdf.) lists their finances and it's usually over $10,000 coming in each week. Is it possible that a large amount of cash could be on the premises after a busy Sunday?

-Camp Gladiator seems to be quite a high-pressure gig, with an almost 'pyramid-selling' company structure. Employees, current and past, talk about competition, pressure, aggressive sales techniques etc on company review sites such as 'Glassdoor'. Furthermore, many TX branches of Camp Gladiator have collected often scathing reviews from clients mentioning scams, credit card fraud, fine-print traps on yelp and BBB etc. All hearsay, but there is online evidence of a lot of extreme anger and exasperation with this company as well as suggestions that "contractor trainers" are in direct competition with each other for "sign-ups" in overlapping turfs.

Following this thinking, a list of alternate perps...other than the usual suspects :)
-a nosey 'self-proclaimed' protector of the church doing his 'rounds' comes across Missy -an unexpected person- and thought her be an intruder at 4:30am and they went into 'fight or flight' mode.
-someone church-affiliated (with keys/access) disguised and intending to steal /vandalize and then stage a cover-up but is surprised by Missy.
-a CG "contractor trainer" working the same turf as Missy and unable to complete with her ambition, dedication, and success. As a result his/her own lack of sign-ups are resulting in financial pain, rejection and embarrassment...
And a usual (likely) suspect:
-someone known to Missy, prepares an ambush, pre-stages a break in, waits. Missy enters, SWAT person shouts "Ma'am, we have a situation! There's been a break-in. Get down, on the floor. Now!" Leaving Missy in a very vunerable position and an easy target for a swift and fatal blow to the head. The killer could even further stage it to look like she had slipped and hit her head so that, to the first witnesses, there is an appearance of an accident and the alarm for a POI is not raised until later.

RBBM : $10,000 can seem like a fortune. Easily could see a would be/wannabe thief going after it, but JMO

Cameras outside banks now, but I will take your comment under advisement :)

Lol. But officer. I swear I didn't rob that bank. I just got here early and the 100k in my purse was for a deposit that I planned on making. Lol. But since the bank will now be closed for the day; I will take my 100k home with me. Lol

Hold up lady. Tell it to the judge. You're under arrest because the outside cameras didn't work and we can't verify your story.

Hmmm. Lol. Just kidding my friend. You help keep this thread going. Good job.

Going back to Friday's presser, the MPD spokesman said that MB arrived at the church at 4:16 and immediately entered the church not knowing that the suspect was already inside. The last video they have of her is at 4:20, and they believe she was killed "shortly thereafter."

I imagine they had video footage from the doors by the awning (same camera that showed the perp trying to pry open a closet), and then they probably would have seen her walking around, carrying stuff in, prepping, or whatever it was she was doing, and then she entered a room where she was killed or walked down a hallway where the cameras were not working, and that is the last time she was seen.

I imagine they can identify her time of death fairly closely by taking the temperature of the body and looking at signs of coagulation, etc.

I personally (MOO) believe that fifteen minutes is PLENTY of time for the perp to do the killing, walk out the door, get into his/her car and leave before the first student arrived at 4:35.

And I also have no doubt that the police are going to be able to pinpoint exactly when the first student arrived, via cellphone pings or whatever. And if the first student had walked in the door near MB's truck, they would be on video, so we know that did not happen.

Lol. But what if the 2nd camper is the perp and they left and came back after the first camper to put immediate suspicions on the first camper. Lol.

Why would the first camper commit a crime and then sit in the lot and wait for others.

Wouldnt the first one at the scene be the first suspect. Jmo.

What goes for the first camper goes for the second camper as well. Unless there's some form of independent verification, it's an alibi that may or may not be true. If their vehicle is parked relatively hidden at the opposite side of the main entrance, they could have acted like a late arrival and showed up in their CG gear late and if anyone questioned why they were parked in the back, they'd have a ready-made excuse with LE in the area blocking things.

I'm just trying to get caught up, but after going back a bit don't find what FB post it is you're referring to that was deleted. do you mind clarifying or is it not allowed to discuss here. Tia

There are many news articles detailing the post, some with screen shots. I will see if I can a screen shot of the post that has since been deleted.

Here is an article that discusses her social media precense and states that on Sunday night, she posted where she would be the following morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-fitness-trainer-missy-bevers-church-killing-134837318.html

Hypothetically, it's possible that the killer *was* setting up an attack on someone, but that person wasn't expected to arrive until later in the morning. It's possible he/she wasn't waiting for Missy (and wasn't aware of the workout group) and they were preparing to ambush whoever would normally be the person to open up the church and/or unlock any Sunday collections. Watching the videos, it almost seemed as if part of what the perpetrator was doing was trying to get a feel for places where a potential victim could attempt to hide or try to barricade themselves. Missy's arrival screwed up their plans/timeline and they panicked.
jmo etc.

Going back to Friday's presser, the MPD spokesman said that MB arrived at the church at 4:16 and immediately entered the church not knowing that the suspect was already inside. The last video they have of her is at 4:20, and they believe she was killed "shortly thereafter."

I imagine they had video footage from the doors by the awning (same camera that showed the perp trying to pry open a closet), and then they probably would have seen her walking around, carrying stuff in, prepping, or whatever it was she was doing, and then she entered a room where she was killed or walked down a hallway where the cameras were not working, and that is the last time she was seen.

I imagine they can identify her time of death fairly closely by taking the temperature of the body and looking at signs of coagulation, etc.

I personally (MOO) believe that fifteen minutes is PLENTY of time for the perp to do the killing, walk out the door, get into his/her car and leave before the first student arrived at 4:35.

And I also have no doubt that the police are going to be able to pinpoint exactly when the first student arrived, via cellphone pings or whatever. And if the first student had walked in the door near MB's truck, they would be on video, so we know that did not happen.

bbm

So, in the part of the video where the perp is opening the dutch doors, is that next to the main entrance, or what? There is an "Exit" sign over those partially open doors...

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&app=desktop[/video]

Hypothetically, it's possible that the killer *was* setting up an attack on someone, but that person wasn't expected to arrive until later in the morning. It's possible he/she wasn't waiting for Missy (and wasn't aware of the workout group) and they were preparing to ambush whoever would normally be the person to open up the church and/or unlock any Sunday collections. Watching the videos, it almost seemed as if part of what the perpetrator was doing was trying to get a feel for places where a potential victim could attempt to hide or try to barricade themselves. Missy's arrival screwed up their plans/timeline and they panicked.
jmo etc.

This might be onto something. A planned mass shooting at the church, but she arrived early and this disrupted the plans, so the perp fled after killing her. This actually makes sense to me.

jmo etc.

Yes, it could be possible that they misidentified her as a church employee, tried to get her to turn over the collection money that she couldn't do and then they killed her

I think the agencies may have thought it was some type of hate crime/mass crime being prepped . Very early on this may have been a thought. jmo

Okay but by Monday I think they knew that was not the case or suspected as much and I believe it was Wednesday before they brought the ATF K9 out and as of Friday afternoon all the mentioned agencies ATF, FBI and tx Rangers were still assisting.

Here's a link to the latest video from the Midlothian PD. It's at the 1:12 mark I think I see black curly hair at the nape of the neck. Does anyone else see it?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ePS8TJ6UAqY

@ youtube you can change the speed to .25 and it slows down considerably. I think it is the strap of that vest, not positive though. Good catch. Hopefully cops have better software to clear up the video.

Geesh I truly hope they catch this killer but I also pray this does not turn into a witch hunt and an innocent person gets blamed.

bbm

So, in the part of the video where the perp is opening the dutch doors, is that next to the main entrance, or what? There is an "Exit" sign over those partially open doors...

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&app=desktop[/video]

From what I can tell those are the doors to the 'side' entrance right by where Missy parked

Cameras first show the perpetrator at 3:50 am. Cameras show Missy arriving at 4:18 am. Apparently a camper self-reports arriving at 4:35 am and not noticing any vehicles leaving. 4:18 to 4:35 is 17 minutes.

If the perpetrator left by car, this means they had to have killed Missy and left the premises within 15 minutes in order to have not been noticed by the camper arriving at 4:35.

LE has said the perpetrator left shortly after killing Missy, which means either they're assuming he/she left because they're seen on video heading towards an exit OR they have an eyewitness who saw them leaving. The person who arrived at 4:35 may have seen something that isn't being released to the public.

Maybe they brought in the dog to see if it could follow the perpetrator's scent through the building and outside to see where the perpetrator went when they left - to a parking spot, or maybe they walked to an area where a vehicle was waiting for them. Then they could have tried to collect evidence from that area.

I think that the boots were covered in some way to obscure the pattern on the sole. Can't match shoes for evidence if there's no tread pattern...can't even tell what kind of boots they were.

Sparky, respectfully, is it okay to just wonder about the arrival times given to us by LE ? Without going any further than that ? TIA Liz

Lol. Now that was very cute.

But you are correct. The arrival time of the first and 2nd camper is definitely relevant to the small time frame window that we have. Jmo.

Agree with your last sentence.But, that idea assumes that LE is telling the truth. They may not be. jmo We just don't know what they know. Where would the video's last frame have taken place, I wonder ? The one that shows the person hammering,maybe breaking windows ? Was this the last image they had of him, ? Another question is : was there video surveillance at both entrance/exit doors ? Did LE see him leaving ?

What about a non-traditional firing weapon of some sort? About 30 years ago, there was a case, I believe, in Oklahoma, where a former cop shot and killed a woman with a poisoned crossbow. We didn't see the perp carrying something that large, but now they make smaller crossbow pistols and other weapons, which are stealth and much quieter, but quite deadly. Something like that would keep the noise factor down.
Hate to post this but it did enter my mind. Could the murderer have been carrying a machete down one leg of pants, making them walk with a strange gait, killed her with it and death was obvious due to extreme head trauma? This may seem way out there to some of you but not in today's climate.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0x864ef4e6edd7077f:0xe669ea29f7add587!6m1!1e1

I hope this works, but here is an aerial view of Creekside Church of Christ. This is what bothers me......if there was not a vehicle out front when Missy arrived, then it was in the back where the suspect apparently "broke a window on the door, reached in and entered the church". If Missy entered the building at 4:18AM and another camper arrived at 4:35am and sat outside, that means more than likely Missy was murdered around 4:20 - 4:30 am. I guess the suspect could have murdered her and fled the scene before that person arrived at 4:35, but it sure would have been a close call.

I am wondering how the suspect left the church. If he/she was not observed by the Main Hall surveillance camera leaving via the front, I am assuming the suspect exited the rear of the building where their vehicle was out of sight. If someone was in the front parking lot, as you can see, there is only one way out of that church and that is through the way one would enter. Someone had to see something with this close of a timeline. I am just not sure what to think of this scenario. Pretty hard to accomplish a murder and escape this scene undetected all in a span of 15 minutes.

Anyone else have any ideas here? I am at a loss.

My theory is they never left ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member