TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we can't ask for case related PMs but I would love to browse and read those threads if you have the screen name used!?

ETA: I mention PM bc I don't want to sidetrack this thread & keep the momentum on finding Missy's killer.

I just bumped it to the top, it's under Trials Sentenced and beyond.

Wonder what good it would do even if you had a good pic of the car, having a flash back to Eric Williams who killed Mark Hasse and the other sherrif and his wife. He rented storage and bought a cheap car on craigslist. Hummm makes you wonder how elaborate this crime was. my guess is they did just that, got a cheap car, fake plates and that car is in storage or on craigslist now..

Is it possible to see a floor plan of the church? Someone posted earlier that when the perp stopped to look at something on the wall, they may have been looking at a floor plan showing emergency exits etc. It would definitely help me to get a better mental picture of the church. Does anyone know how to find these things? Thanks.

Is it possible to see a floor plan of the church? Someone posted earlier that when the perp stopped to look at something on the wall, they may have been looking at a floor plan showing emergency exits etc. It would definitely help me to get a better mental picture of the church. Does anyone know how to find these things? Thanks.

Wonder if they stopped to look at a calendar of events to see if anything was scheduled for that day?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0x864ef4e6edd7077f:0xe669ea29f7add587!6m1!1e1

I hope this works, but here is an aerial view of Creekside Church of Christ. This is what bothers me......if there was not a vehicle out front when Missy arrived, then it was in the back where the suspect apparently "broke a window on the door, reached in and entered the church". If Missy entered the building at 4:18AM and another camper arrived at 4:35am and sat outside, that means more than likely Missy was murdered around 4:20 - 4:30 am. I guess the suspect could have murdered her and fled the scene before that person arrived at 4:35, but it sure would have been a close call.

I am wondering how the suspect left the church. If he/she was not observed by the Main Hall surveillance camera leaving via the front, I am assuming the suspect exited the rear of the building where their vehicle was out of sight. If someone was in the front parking lot, as you can see, there is only one way out of that church and that is through the way one would enter. Someone had to see something with this close of a timeline. I am just not sure what to think of this scenario. Pretty hard to accomplish a murder and escape this scene undetected all in a span of 15 minutes.

Anyone else have any ideas here? I am at a loss.

Okay I will go with this for sake of pursuing a different angle. There are two people involved. A Bonnie and Clyde. The murder and the accomplice approach the church northbound. The accomplice drops off the perp without entering the drive. It's dark outside because it is early in the morning and they are dressed in black possibly have on a black poncho to cover their appearance. They skirt around the outer edge of the property out of sight to their point of entry, go inside, taking off the poncho before entering put those slippers on kill Missy and before leaving, have 10 to 15 to then strut around looking for the security equipment. Maybe the actually found it and thought they had taken it, not knowing it was being back upped to the cloud or another drive remotely. Then they leave and the camper is really sitting in their car getting centered for class. It is possible the perp leaves crosses the creek, goes to that abandoned building back there, having previously stashed a bag to remove the items from the scene un discovered. They walk to a preplanned spot and are picked up by their accomplice.

my theory is that the perp is a jealous frumpy wife who wanted revenge on the beautiful fitness instructor. <modsnip> she stalked the victim on social media and knew exactly where she would be and how to commit the crime. she also clumsily attempted to stage a break-in but did not know about the cameras. it was a clumsy and amateurish but effective murder. the police gear was to prevent identification if any witnesses saw her coming or going. again, i believe the perp is someone's jealous wife. check the victim's cell phone records.

What was in the perp's left hand? Seemingly white object.

What goes for the first camper goes for the second camper as well. Unless there's some form of independent verification, it's an alibi that may or may not be true. If their vehicle is parked relatively hidden at the opposite side of the main entrance, they could have acted like a late arrival and showed up in their CG gear late and if anyone questioned why they were parked in the back, they'd have a ready-made excuse with LE in the area blocking things.

You know if you look at it this way, why would they have to hide their car? If Missy knew it was a students car wouldn't she know not to be alarmed about its presence? In other words it wouldn't have to have been hidden, except I truly think it was myself.

On the First 48. They sometimes check the video right then and there. So whoever controls the churches surveillance system would have been called to the scene and viewed the footage with LE.

Unless the video feed automatically stored somewhere else. But still. That person knows everything. Jmo

Hate to post this but it did enter my mind. Could the murderer have been carrying a machete down one leg of pants, making them walk with a strange gait, killed her with it and death was obvious due to extreme head trauma? This may seem way out there to some of you but not in today's climate.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
No, lonetraveler. You are correct. I had thought of this as well. It is sad that such things go on, but that is our society today. Would explain head trauma and pronouncing at scene.

It sounds like Missy was hit at the back of the head. Her injuries were not obvious when people first found her. According to the police press conference at 7:57, the campers assumed she was unresponsive until they saw her injuries. So again probably not someone trying to kill Missy, someone may have just hit her once to get away but that hit killed her. Or all the injuries were to back back of her head and not obvious.

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

i bet the murder weapon is simply a regular claw hammer that can be bought at any Home Depot. the perp brought this from home. this is what the perp seems to be carrying around in the video and also staging the break-in. i believe the perp simply walked up to the victim and started bashing her head in and kept bashing until it was fatal. it rarely takes only one strike to kill someone - it takes many. i bet she bashed her in the head with that hammer repeatedly just like she bashed that wall/door/light fixture. this is a crime of rage.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Hardware-Hand-Tools-Hammers-Claw-Hammers/N-5yc1vZc98p

These threads are moving SO fast, and I'm having trouble keeping up, so please accept my apologies if this has already been mentioned/questioned - does anyone else think it's strange that the two campers that found Missy both called 911? If they both discovered her body, why would they both call 911 at the same time? To me, this is very odd and makes me wonder IF one of those callers had something to do with the murder, he/she thought making a 911 call would keep from arousing any suspicion.

i bet the murder weapon is simply a regular claw hammer that can be bought at any Home Depot. the perp brought this from home. this is what the perp seems to be carrying around in the video and also staging the break-in. i believe the perp simply walked up to the victim and started bashing her head in and kept bashing until it was fatal. it rarely takes only one strike to kill someone - it takes many. i bet she bashed her in the head with that hammer repeatedly just like she bashed that wall/door/light fixture. this is a crime of rage.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Hardware-Hand-Tools-Hammers-Claw-Hammers/N-5yc1vZc98p

I think that may be what she was struck with in the head. jmo

These threads are moving SO fast, and I'm having trouble keeping up, so please accept my apologies if this has already been mentioned/questioned - does anyone else think it's strange that the two campers that found Missy both called 911? If they both discovered her body, why would they both call 911 at the same time? To me, this is very odd and makes me wonder IF one of those callers had something to do with the murder, he/she thought making a 911 call would keep from arousing any suspicion.

I'm not a 911 operator, but we had someone who posted earlier on the thread who was a 911 operator. Posted that it was not uncommon at all to receive 2 calls from the same scene at the same time. They posted they could often hear the other person calling 911 in their call and their coworker talking to the 2nd person. Says it happened in domestic issues too. Someone calling from the bedroom and the other spouse calling from a different room.

I wish we had a timeline put together. I think that you make a good point, but I don't know if the two of them were together and called in the presence of each other. It also could have been the result of a panic - dead body, seems like it's taking police "forever" so they call again or call to update "hey we're outside now." OR the initial call was for am ambulance ("we have someone unconscious here") and then they see the injuries and call again ("head trauma!"). But, usually 911 tells you to stay on the line so it wouldn't make sense to hang up. 911 would be talking them through what to do.

Or, first call when they see there was a break-in, and a second call when they find the victim.

We don't know that Missy entered the church on her own, right? She could have been unloading gear from her car to hold class in the covered area outdoors, with no intention of going inside. But, she was ambushed, hit on the head, and dragged inside (or ambushed, dragged inside, and hit on the head).

Her campers found her inside, iirc. Perhaps when they showed up for class and they didn't see Missy by her car, they waited outside a little bit for her to emerge from the building and set up for class. When she didn't appear, they went inside to see what was happening. And then they found her.

From what I understand, Missy intended to hold the class regardless of the rain because they had a covered area outdoors, not because she had a classroom in the church to use. Right?

This thread is going soooo fast! Has this been mentioned already?

It sounds like Missy was hit at the back of the head. Her injuries were not obvious when people first found her. According to the police press conference at 7:57, the campers assumed she was unresponsive until they saw her injuries. So again probably not someone trying to kill Missy, someone may have just hit her once to get away but that hit killed her. Or all the injuries were to back back of her head and not obvious.

I thought about this too. Maybe staged her and rolled her over so the trauma wasn't obvious, but in all honesty it took more than 1 blow unless it was a shotgun blast to kill someone with a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius