TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in the very first report it was stated they could see the car outside but from an inside camera and not clearly enough to get license # or make. But they did state car and not truck or SUV.

i remember them saying that but where was the car parked? That parking lot was huge....went all around the building.....i was thinking it was parked near where the perp broke in the back of the church. A camera inside of the building where she was killed must have captured the car image maybe through the reflection of the glass......

Checking in on my lunch break. Any developments this morning?

Not really. Not from official LE. And posters are rehashing stuff. Some posts might bring out spanky Sparky as there may be TOS stuff about baiting and arguing and not following "scroll and roll."

But a poster did mention a YouTube sleuther. Watched it. The sleuther talks for 38 minutes. He noticed something NEW - that the hall light reflects off of the shiny helmet. Real LE swat/military helmets are flat black - not shiny. So maybe it is an assembled costume and not borrowed LE.

Also, the front vest may not have real, rigid armor as a real LE swat/military vest would.

And he sees rounder buttocks.

I'm new to this post and it may have already been mentioned, if so sorry to be redundant. I went back to the first statement from LE that they had a "tool for breaking glass" and realized they didn't have just a normal hammer. LE style breaching tools fit in line with the heavy riot gear. That said, leads to my theory of the device in the left hand at the end of the video called "Saran wrap/level", I believe to be an explosive device, ied, pipe bomb. I don't think this is someone dressed in complete riot gear walking around with bush league carpenter tools. And where they are hammering, wouldn't glass go out and not drop back inside like drywall? Then at about 2:10 they move with the device like perhaps inserting it in the hole they just made. (I find very questionable, the video has the Midlothian Police seal on it even there in that hallway blocking some of the scene until those last seconds in every version I have found.) What if all the walking around was much more strategic than we first thought, deciding the best spot to position this device? I don't see any reason for ATF other than fire/explosive. They weren't there for tobacco or alcohol. People are murdered strangely every day and they don't show up with a dog. They are the agency responsible for arson, it says so on their site. It's possible Missy interrupted them, robbery or political statement, I sure wouldn't expect someone at a church at 4:20 am. The large glass breaking/breaching tool I saw could easily kill if hit in the head. Or if she was targeted, the explosive device set as a booby trap caused the head injury. They can be fired using remote control so the murderer could have already gone as soon as it was set, didn't have to be there perhaps. Might have looked like an accident. But I have not heard if all areas of the church are open to the public and if the device was enough to kill it would cause more damage than broken glass that wouldn't be so quickly repaired.
I was just coming here to say something similar, when I read your quote. I think it's possible that LE is as perplexed by the "Saran wrap" as we are, and brought in the ATF dogs to rule out the possibility that it was some sort of ied. JMO

Not really. Not from official LE. And posters are rehashing stuff. Some posts might bring out spanky Sparky as there may be TOS stuff about baiting and arguing and not following "scroll and roll."

But a poster did mention a YouTube sleuther. Watched it. The sleuther talks for 38 minutes. He noticed something NEW - that the hall light reflects off of the shiny helmet. Real LE swat/military helmets are flat black - not shiny. So maybe it is an assembled costume and not borrowed LE.

Also, the front vest may not have real, rigid armor as a real LE swat/military vest would.

And he sees rounder buttocks.

BBM: Somebody on here did notice that, someone with personal experience wearing one. Sorry whomever you are, I can't remember your screen name and no way am I scrolling back to look for it! ;) But, that was mentioned.

Seems like glass wouldn't fall back into the room but drywall would if they are making a hole in the wall. Does someone know if that is an exterior wall or if there is a room on the other side of the wall? I find it odd that the Police seal is covering part of the view but in the last seconds the seal is removed so you can see the full view or at least as much as the camera position allows I guess. It looks to me like they move to utilize or place the object in their left hand in those final seconds. Also during the hammering I notice something white on their front perhaps sticking out of a pocket.

You're right. Now that I look at that video again, I'm not sure that the 'plastic wrap' came from their pocket. Now I don't know what it that 'plastic wrap' box is or where it came from. It's strange carrying it around whether it was plastic wrap, a connector for a window or whatever.

I have concluded from a still picture that I may or may not have seen that may or may not have been made from the released video, but that I'm not supposed to refer to or link to, that the helmet is a motorcycle helmet.

MOO. That is all.

You think it would be best to pull up alongside someone in an otherwise empty but well-lit parking lot, when the entrance is exposed to and visible from the nearby highway? Is that your theory?

Yes, drive by shootings are a pretty common effective way of killing people. At least it’s in the news all the time. It seems to work for a lot of people.

While there's a lull...

Current theory:

Perp is young male, 15-20 range, maybe somewhat of a loner (maybe even a slightly hunch-backed video gamer?), with a (likely irrational) personal grudge against Missy or her family; they may or may not know him well, though they may be acquainted with who he is

His youth and instability is why police were appealing to him in that somewhat 'softer' way at the last news conference

Perp is local and had access to SWAT gear either from college (if he attends), family, or circle of friends. Possibly bought for the attack, but less likely he'd need to with police academy right there at Tarleton-Midlothian (located on Navarro Campus); probably could borrow or steal one easily enough from friend or acquaintance if he didn't own one himself already

Premeditated, obsessively planned, targeted attack with specific timeline. Gets there early and waits inside the building killing time with rambling, vandalism, and half-hearted attempts to break into the occasional locked rooms or closets.

I do see what looks like a person. But, I went and looked at the full video again and I don't think it is. That "person" stood perfectly still the entire time that the perp was trying to "break in" to that closet. I think it's just our eyes playing tricks. MOO.

Maybe the crazy SWAT guy running around smashing things scared him so much he couldn’t move. :eek:hoh:

Yes. :)

Except I don't see a plastic bag; I see a box that could be plastic wrap. (Not saying I'm convinced it is wrap. It's likely some sort of tool/equipment.)

My initial reaction to the item was that it was a box of plastic wrap, but I am not sold on that. Someone else has speculated that it is a piece of aluminum square tubing, but I'm not sure of that, either.

IF IT WERE PLASTIC WRAP, wouldn't that be something that would be easy to leave fingerprints and dna on, because it is kind of sticky?

MOO

I have concluded from a still picture that I may or may not have seen that may or may not have been made from the released video, but that I'm not supposed to refer to or link to, that the helmet is a motorcycle helmet.

MOO. That is all.

You mean, may or may not be a motorcycle helmet.

My initial reaction to the item was that it was a box of plastic wrap, but I am not sold on that. Someone else has speculated that it is a piece of aluminum square tubing, but I'm not sure of that, either.

IF IT WERE PLASTIC WRAP, wouldn't that be something that would be easy to leave fingerprints and dna on, because it is kind of sticky?

MOO

Not if you have gloves on.

BBM: Somebody on here did notice that, someone with personal experience wearing one. Sorry whomever you are, I can't remember your screen name and no way am I scrolling back to look for it! ;) But, that was mentioned.

Oh gosh. Maybe the you tuber is a WS sleuther! Or the YTber reads here. Guess I missed that discussion about flat black. But it's interesting how this is now international, if one searches for it. Lots of good insight on the WWW is being provided. And to think this joker thought her/his disguise would fool people.

Talking about the helmet, if you googled police anti Riot gear, they come flat, shiny, black, Navy and white. I don't think flat vs shiny determines authenticity. But to me the point is that the perp has things that all SEEM to be LE issued products. Breaching tools, clothing, body armor, and helmet. Fwiw, the costumes I've googled don't seem to have the heft or weight this outfit seems to have. If this was simply to disguise himself (back to boy for now), he could have dressed in a clown costume too. So I think that the gear is going to play an essential part as to who this perp is, or wants to be.
As far as his/her roaming around looking for stuff, once my alarm went off and LE showed up and walked around my house, opening doors and peering around bends. THAT IS EXACTLY what this reminded me of. More of a perimeter check list than a robbery in commission. All JMO.

PS: so many excellent ideas here, once again WebSleuths proves we have some awesome gray matter at work here. And if our perp is reading I hope we give him heartburn and the runs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

IDK if robbery or planned murder. The fake "Cop" appears so calm! Not sure that they were staging, as no need to go room to room so methodically. They were definately looking for something - maybe video equipment to turn off taping or cash. IF this was a murder, then risky to do at church due to very tight timeline, church cameras and an enthusiastic camper could walk in early - especially if front church doors unlocked- and daughters could have been there since hubby gone. It would be easier to have done this terrible act at her home - after kids gone to school. Police may be holding off on an arrest, as watching potential suspect(s) to see if any correspondence or simply making sure air tight case. Or they may not have a clue who did this yet.

Interesting this happened when husband on fishing trip.... WS post about possible parent/child issue intriguing (now reflecting on MIL letter, I wonder if this is what she thinks).... Could be a duo team with a "camper" in parking lot on alert to send text to fake "Cop" to get out when campers starting to enter building....

IMO

The item isn't long enough to be a box of plastic wrap. Plus it's white or light colored. It appears to be something they picked up in the room the walked through, because they didn't have it, went in that room, came out and had something in their hand. It wasn't very heavy because they're holding it easily with one hand while swinging the hammer to break the glass.

I screenshotted it and my best guess is a vent cover. ((Shrug))

must have been one of the church tools ?

As far as his/her roaming around looking for stuff, once my alarm went off and LE showed up and walked around my house, opening doors and peering around bends. THAT IS EXACTLY what this reminded me of. More of a perimeter check list than a robbery in commission. All JMO.

sbm

Yes!! I agree it appears like a perimeter check, even beginning back at the first time we see the perp in the first video, when he/she is "touching" the walls---he/she is slightly crouching, walking near the right side of the hallway so they can peer around the corner to the left.

All of this behavior goes in my "Law Enforcement Experience" column.

Well, the light is coming through. From wherever.
Unless that's my imagination, as well.

I see what you're seeing, but it's not a person. I think I know what it is but don't know how to describe it...sort of a banner mounted on a pole vertically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990