TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread moves fast and I can't be the only one to float this possibility but ...

Didn't Bundy like to impersonate LE? Could this be a serial killer?

The lengthy statement (23 minutes) that husband Brandon Bevers gave to the press is interesting.

Here, he purports to know what his wife saw in the parking lot that morning:

“To the best of my knowledge, when my wife arrived, there was no other vehicle in the parking lot. And ah, otherwise, it would have obviously drawn ah – you know, my wife would have seen that, ah so as far as I know – and you have to confirm that with the police, there was no other vehicles on the property. But, according to the timeline, the person came into the building and left the crime scene before the other campers showed up, so was there another vehicle or did they have cameras outside that could confirm that? I don’t know.

How would he know what she saw or didn’t see?

I was disappointed by Nancy Grace's coverage of this case tonight. She's gone from saying that it's a man with a swagger to a jealous woman in biker gear. The speculation is endless and all we've got is grainy surveillance video to work with.

Someone on her show made a good point, though. They *could* conceivably subpoena the cell phone records of everyone in that area around the time of Missy's death. I think that would be more useful than playing a guessing game with poor quality surveillance footage.

Days ago, some guest on her show said SWAT gear costs 5000.00 but any quick google search shows that you can buy SWAT gear for a couple hundred dollars. Couple that with some hunting tactical gear from Wally World and you've got a cop costume. It seems improbable that the perp would ride off on a motorcycle with a costume saying "SWAT" on the back. The potential for eyewitnesses taking notice and getting a license plate number would be likely.

I do think Missy was targeted. It makes no sense that someone covered in head to toe SWAT gear would pick a random church that happened to have cameras inside just to kill an aerobics instructor. I have no doubt this was personal.

Yet, there's no evidence to suggest that Missy was involved in someone else's partner. There's no evidence to suggest she was involved in anything financially scandalous, either.

I don't think there's enough information to make any assumptions as of yet. Of course, all possibilities must be considered but I'm so disappointed that Nancy Grace is taking and running with any speculation. We need more than just the grainy surveillance footage to go by.

Question: have there been any public statements from Missy's family? As opposed to her in-laws, I mean.

Also just a thought. You can bet that if there is a way to enhance the video footage to see the suspect's face more clearly--and I feel certain there must be--LE is already on it.

:tantrum:

Let's focus on what we see in the released police videos........

It was a targeted killing........

She did not interrupt anything, someone or people wanted her dead......

I still would like to know where the perp's car was that was fairly seen on the video that the police saw

I think I'm about 70:30 in favour of it being targeted.

It looks like a child to me! Good grief, maybe there is no car because the perp is not old enough to drive! When we see the perp putting their hand on the wall that is something a child would do. This case is so bizarre! JMO

I agree, this is very bizarre.

IMO it's impossible to judge who someone is based on their body frame. Men can be short and small boned, and women can be stock and six foot tall.

Some kids are really tall, too.

I don't think it's ever going to be clear who did this crime by the footage alone.

Hi Everyone,

We are all anxious to help try and find Missy Bevers killer.

Let's stick with what we know is real.

Here is an Inside Edition video of the killer. I'm sure this video has been posted elsewhere but for the sake of keeping things moving quickly I'll post it again.

[video=youtube;r7iBsHEAd0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7iBsHEAd0Y[/video]

If you see any other video out there of the killer that has been manipulated in any way you have no idea if what you are looking at is the real thing.

Remember, your words have power. Please think before you post because once it's on the Internet it can't be removed. Even if we delete your post it can still be found somewhere or maybe someone copied and pasted it and will repost it somewhere else. You never know.

Your Words Have Power. Choose them wisely please.

Thank you,
Tricia

Someone about page 55 or so asked about a triggering event possibly putting this perp over the edge. Asked ' what happened, what was going on' around the time of the murder. Good question, and one we haven't explored yet.

Been exploring various city sites online. In my theory, the subject is a 15-20 yr old male (the vandalism seems immature for a professional hit job, among other things). This is closing in on the school year, and I was thinking about awards assemblies and other end of year things maybe being a stressor to someone not quite in sync, socially.

When I explored the public school sites, I did notice that the deadline to buy prom tickets was April 15. The murder happened on the 18th. Not sure if this is ok to ask here, (mods, please snip/delete if not)...but could this possibly be someone who wanted to date Missy's daughter but felt rejected or somehow spurned? Maybe before he even tried...maybe he was an admirer but from afar, somehow sensing he wasn't in her league, etc. This would not even have to be a rational feeling (my own inclination is that our perp may have enjoyed living in a fantasy world). But maybe if our perp were a loner teen, could this be the major social trigger that might cause him to lash out?

If so, we're seeing a lonely, aimless, angry teen gone over the edge perhaps...wandering that hallway alone in his tough-guy SWAT man fantasy of finally being invincible from the world, and people who he rightly or wrongly imagines have hurt him. The one way to hurt the peer he might imagine rejects him? Murder the mother she says she can't live without. :(

Yes, this is possible. I had thought about this, as well. It could be an admirer of her daughters, who Missy may or may not have known.

IMHO

If you look at THE VIDEO RELEASED BY THE POLICE at about the 1:06 mark the subject appears to look toward the camera. The video is very grainy, and I can't make out much. But let me caution you that motorcycle helmets often make the wearer's face look small. This is Danica Patrick.

attachment.php

Attachments

• danica-patrick.jpg
    danica-patrick.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 296
Hi Everyone,

We are all anxious to help try and find Missy Bevers killer.

Let's stick with what we know is real.

Here is an Inside Edition video of the killer. I'm sure this video has been posted elsewhere but for the sake of keeping things moving quickly I'll post it again.

[video=youtube;r7iBsHEAd0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7iBsHEAd0Y[/video]

If you see any other video out there of the killer that has been manipulated in any way you have no idea if what you are looking at is the real thing.

Remember, your words have power. Please think before you post because once it's on the Internet it can't be removed. Even if we delete your post it can still be found somewhere or maybe someone copied and pasted it and will repost it somewhere else. You never know.

Your Words Have Power. Choose them wisely please.

Thank you,
Tricia

Completely agree.

Reporter: “She meant a lot of things to a lot of people, but what did she mean to you as her husband?”

“Well, she was a, she was a companion, we enjoyed fishing, we def. – we, we enjoyed going to the beach, we spent a lot of time at the ocean. Um, we, we’ve been together for 20 years and ah, over the 20 years, you know, our relationship evolved form this to that to this to that, and we’ve managed to keep it, you know, held together all this time. But at this particular venture in our lives, it opened up an opportunity for her to do something that was gratifying to herself rather than raising a family constantly – driving kids around, and ah, and she’s just, like I said, the Camp Gladiator opportunity came up, and ah... ...”

Reporter: What do you want strangers to know about you wife, what should people keep in mind most about Missy? Especially as police are relying on tips, what should people know?

“I would have to say that Missy is unlike most people, is unlike any other spouse, wife, friend, mother. Um, uh, you know, when you lose a loved one, ah you know. Ah, .... you know, all of those things fall into place, you know. I don’t know how to properly answer that question, but ah, you know. All of you people here, you have kids, you’re married, I mean, you know. I know you’re here for a story, but ah, you know.”

Reporter: “She meant a lot of things to a lot of people, but what did she mean to you as her husband?”

“Well, she was a, she was a companion, we enjoyed fishing, we def. – we, we enjoyed going to the beach, we spent a lot of time at the ocean. Um, we, we’ve been together for 20 years and ah, over the 20 years, you know, our relationship evolved form this to that to this to that, and we’ve managed to keep it, you know, held together all this time. But at this particular venture in our lives, it opened up an opportunity for her to do something that was gratifying to herself rather than raising a family constantly – driving kids around, and ah, and she’s just, like I said, the Camp Gladiator opportunity came up, and ah... ...”

Reporter: What do you want strangers to know about you wife, what should people keep in mind most about Missy? Especially as police are relying on tips, what should people know?

“I would have to say that Missy is unlike most people, is unlike any other spouse, wife, friend, mother. Um, uh, you know, when you lose a loved one, ah you know. Ah, .... you know, all of those things fall into place, you know. I don’t know how to properly answer that question, but ah, you know. All of you people here, you have kids, you’re married, I mean, you know. I know you’re here for a story, but ah, you know.”

:nevermind:

He sounds very nice. A sweet tribute to his wife.

Because he had told her over and over, I bet. And now look what happened. Exactly what he always said would happen. Almost like someone was teaching her a lesson.

Read into that what you will. Sorry in advance if this is mod-fodder.

<modsnip>

Well, the camera crew in the driveway is a direct consequence of his wife being murdered so I think he was suggesting that the WHOLE thing is surreal.

I would not be interested in being interviewed on camera by the media if this situation happened to me. I would not feel comfortable doing it. I would not wish to share things with the media (in terms of my privacy/my life). I would feel like I would not get across what I wanted to get across - because I don't enjoy standing around speaking. And I kind of get the impression that BB didn't really want to do it either, I think he wants to be private, but perhaps felt he had a duty to - and maybe hoping that if he does this he will be left alone.
I find it difficult to judge people who out of nowhere suddenly find themselves having cameras shoved in their faces. And I've never seen them speak before an incident happened so it's difficult to tell what is/isn't unusual about what they say/don't say. My initial impression of his manner was that he seemed to be a kind man. Some people do not want the media side of things, they don't wish to be in the spotlight. Outside of the media's view they may be being the most open, co-operative person with LE but they don't owe us anything in terms of media appearances and sometimes I wish the media wouldn't pester so much.

:twocents:

That is what is killing me about this case. I believe with all of our great minds many who think outside the box or see things from a different prospective may be able to shed some additional light and help answer some additional questions. Ugh

I apologize. I've gone nutz thinking about this and I just need to CHILL. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member