Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points Balloon light. Regarding the Alexander's videos at ~5:20-5:22 AM (I have seen a few accounts that say 5:40 AM-5:42 AM) ...... my thoughts along those lines are: It was 34 deg F. with 10-15 mph wind that morning so the chill factor was about 25 deg. It was cold! But in addition to the cold, the perps needed to get the Durango ditched and get themselves home before daylight when people began stirring. I think that the only reason the driver would risk being spotted is that he/she had to drop off an accomplice at or near their home. The location where the Durango was abandoned 1.5 miles away from Alexander's on the far north side of town and is conspicuously close to a residential area which would be very convenient for the driver, if they lived in that area of town. Just some thoughts.

Good points Balloon light. Regarding the Alexander's videos at ~5:20-5:22 AM (I have seen a few accounts that say 5:40 AM-5:42 AM) ...... my thoughts along those lines are: It was 34 deg F. with 10-15 mph wind that morning so the chill factor was about 25 deg. It was cold! But in addition to the cold, the perps needed to get the Durango ditched and get themselves home before daylight when people began stirring. I think that the only reason the driver would risk being spotted is that he/she had to drop off an accomplice at or near their home. The location where the Durango was abandoned 1.5 miles away from Alexander's on the far north side of town and is conspicuously close to a residential area which would be very convenient for the driver, if they lived in that area of town. Just some thoughts.
Is everyone on here from Canadian Texas?

The dropping off of the accomplice idea is interesting indeed, Gowest.

Obviously you don’t know the family very well. I don’t know them at all and was able to find more info about them than most people in Canadian know. And I guess being an outsider and not knowing them lets me see things in a different way. I think it was strange from the very beginning....
AND If people are not able to see what kind of a guy Klein is and exactly what his motives are in this case then I don’t have a lot of hope the truth will ever come out.

I do not claim to know the family at all, but having listened to Penny talk on many occasions, I know her to be a relatively religious person. She has a lot of faith and relies on her religion to get her through all of this. I just do not see her as a liar or someone who is hiding anything. JMO

I do not claim to know the family at all, but having listened to Penny talk on many occasions, I know her to be a relatively religious person. She has a lot of faith and relies on her religion to get her through all of this. I just do not see her as a liar or someone who is hiding anything. JMO
I have found several contradictions in her statements but I have listened to the podcasts and interviews numerous times. I am so very sorry that this horrific thing happened to thomas. I am a mother and so I always think of what she must be going through. But so much happened during this investigation that just doesn’t seem right. Klein is a big problem and I don’t believe anything that he says or does.

I listen to her and yes she speaks of religion and faith. I personally or should say “in my opinion” believe religion has nothing to do with the person you are on the inside not referring to her in this statement but there are very sick and cruel people who live and breathe religion. I don’t believe Tomas was gay but I find her answer about if he were to be gay very unsettling. And then there is always her firstborn to take in to consideration.

Last edited:
That doesn’t make sense to me. I believe the case was on the on the phone until it was removed and turned off. The phone was later placed to be found in a search organized by Klein and Klein was the only one who knew when and where that search was to take place. The phone was in pristine condition although it had been wiped and PM had the case. On the night the family was searching for Tom the Deputy/LE Went to PM house and here it was 3:00am in November and they all have a meeting in the front yard. LE was not invited into the house to have this conversation about their son. Sounds very strange to me.

Klein was not the ONLY one to know where the search was taking place. Listen to Podcast 5. Usual Suspects around the 27.00 mark they say "The only people who had been briefed beforehand, he said, were members of the sheriff’s department and volunteer fire department, and that had been just 48 hours before the search began."

And if LE processed the Durango and returned it to Penny and the case was in there.....why should she tell anyone? She is not obligated to tell them everything.

I agree tho that the phone case doesn't have anything to do with who harmed Thomas. But the phone certainly does IMO.

Klein was not the ONLY one to know where the search was taking place. Listen to Podcast 5. Usual Suspects around the 27.00 mark they say "The only people who had been briefed beforehand, he said, were members of the sheriff’s department and volunteer fire department, and that had been just 48 hours before the search began."

And if LE processed the Durango and returned it to Penny and the case was in there.....why should she tell anyone? She is not obligated to tell them everything.

I agree tho that the phone case doesn't have anything to do with who harmed Thomas. But the phone certainly does IMO.

I don’t think the phone case and the phone were not ever not together. And I formed that opinion from the AG statement that was released.

What niggles at me is the Alexander’s deli security cameras catching the Durango twice at 5 :50 something am before finally heading out to be parked near the water treatment facility and being captured one last time by another security camera as it turned onto the road there.

(snipped by me)

It may be that it was initially intended by the perp(s) that the car be brought back home ... perhaps as a way to further promote the theory he ran off ? ( “Hey! I found Tom’s car and brought it back. Look his stuff is gone too. Seems he ran off”) ... Then there was a quick change of heart, and the Durango turns around and goes the water treatment facility where it is finally abandoned.

So who would be so brazen as to consider bringing the car back home without fear of being implicated?

Or maybe the perp(s) was looking for a place to drop the car close to Tom's house, drove past the water treatment plant and then thought "I just passed a great place to leave the car. Let's go back to the water treatment plant.)

If the murder was not planned, they would not have a clue where they were leaving it possibly so were looking for a good spot. They didn't want to be seen on cameras driving around town all night...just a thought.

I am not a huge fan of Klein's. His ego is too big. I do think he is a fairly good investigator. He just needs to not talk so much. But then again, his talking does get people fired up and tips coming in.

Maybe your opinion would change if you researched him a little or talked to any of the other mothers who paid him money to help with a child. He does the same strut and cluck on every case. Only difference on this one is the payday has been enormous.

What niggles at me is the Alexander’s deli security cameras catching the Durango twice at 5 :50 something am before finally heading out to be parked near the water treatment facility and being captured one last time by another security camera as it turned onto the road there.

(snipped by me)

It may be that it was initially intended by the perp(s) that the car be brought back home ... perhaps as a way to further promote the theory he ran off ? ( “Hey! I found Tom’s car and brought it back. Look his stuff is gone too. Seems he ran off”) ... Then there was a quick change of heart, and the Durango turns around and goes the water treatment facility where it is finally abandoned.

So who would be so brazen as to consider bringing the car back home without fear of being implicated?

Or maybe the perp(s) was looking for a place to drop the car close to Tom's house, drove past the water treatment plant and then thought "I just passed a great place to leave the car. Let's go back to the water treatment plant.)

If the murder was not planned, they would not have a clue where they were leaving it possibly so were looking for a good spot. They didn't want to be seen on cameras driving around town all night...just a thought.
<modsnip pending link>

I knew about Tom’s diaper fetish but when Sheriff Lewis told Penny about it she didn’t believe him and tried to dismiss it.

Do you have MSM links to these claims? Or is this rumor? Do you live in Canadian? If you are talking as an insider to the area/family.....you need to get verified as an insider. I have heard nothing about these claims and I think I have read and listened to almost everything about Thomas.

Last edited by a moderator:
No-I am not from Canadian.
There were MSM links to all of these conversations but alot of them were deleted. In the first interviews P talks about the older son and bis friend being at the house at midnight but she never gave his name and there was no more mention of him. I found out his name on one of the blogs.

No-I am not from Canadian.
There were MSM links to all of these conversations but alot of them were deleted. In the first interviews P talks about the older son and his friend being at the house at midnight but she never gave his name and there was no more mention of him. I found out his name on one of the blogs.

Yes, I have read about the friend being over at the house, but <modsnip> is rumor I think, unless you have MSM links. If information is deleted, it's usually because it is rumor. Websleuths does not allow rumors to be discussed nor does it allow you to post or sleuth the victims and their family. Just a note about the rules here. If that is true, you need a MSM link or you can get in trouble. Welcome to the thread and Websleuths. It's a great website and very victim friendly. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have read about the friend being over at the house, but the fight and not getting along with step-dad is rumor I think, unless you have MSM links. If information is deleted, it's usually because it is rumor. Websleuths does not allow rumors to be discussed nor does it allow you to post or sleuth the victims and their family. Just a note about the rules here. If that is true, you need a MSM link or you can get in trouble. Welcome to the thread and Websleuths. It's a great website and very victim friendly. :)
Okay I will quit posting. I have never posted on this site and haven’t read the rules in awhile. As you are probably aware many groups....Moms4tom, Michelle Gomez site, True Crime blog and others have deleted the Forums so any of the documented pages went with it. I will only read comments in the future unless I can provide the link required. Thanks for the info!

Please stay on and post! Your opinions are welcomed. This is a friendly thread.

Please stay on and post! Your opinions are welcomed. This is a friendly thread.

I remember in the beginning when there was still a search going on that Klein posted he was trying to identify F250 pickup. Awhile later when I hadn’t heard anything I replied on his post and asked if the truck had been found. He replied that it had been a mistake and that truck belonged to Tucker. Later I found out that Tucker drove a SUV... I think a Toyota 4Runner. At the beginning of this conversation there are pics of a pickup but I couldn’t find what it was referring to. Do you know?

:DWelcome to Websleuths!

New members are encouraged to reviews Websleuths “The Rules” Forum. Posting guidelines include providing links for any information referred to as fact:

When a post contains information stated as fact, it must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If the information is your opinion only, please make that clear.

Some posts have been edited to remove non-supported information. If anyone has questions about whether a link is from an approved source, please feel free to “Alert” on post or contact a moderator.

Anyone who wishes to post as a Case Insider — who do not need to need to provide links to support information stated as fact — is welcome to become a Verified Insider. Here’s the link to the Verification Process:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads