Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Then on January 9, 2019, one of [Nathan Lewis’] deputies, Pyne Gregory, parked his patrol vehicle at the very end of Lake Marvin Road, twelve miles from where Tom’s cellphone had been found during Klein’s search. Gregory was on duty, but he had taken a break to hunt for antlers that had been shed by deer, which he collected. Gregory stepped out of his truck and followed a deer trail west, away from the road, for about two hundred feet.

He walked toward a thicket of trees. ‘And I see what looks like a white ball laying up under the thicket,’ Gregory told me. ‘I’m like, “What in the heck is that?” So I walk around some shrubs, and as I get closer, I can see that it kind of looks like bone. I step up to it, and I lean over and look at the front side, and I see what appears to me to be two eye sockets and some teeth.’

Gregory sprinted back to his car and dialed Sheriff Lewis. He shouted that he had come upon a human skull.” (BBM)
Did they ever use the department’s radio system to communicate with each other? What about the other deputies?

The “Adult Baby/Diaper Lover” (AB/DL) fetish community is pretty vanilla in comparison to other fetishes along the kink spectrum.
For those interested in additional info
presented in a non-sexual manner:
This Is What Living With An Adult Diaper Fetish Is Like | HuffPost
Completely agree.

This is from Wikipedia, so not the best source, but:
“The DSM-5 adds a distinction between Paraphilias and paraphilic disorders, stating that paraphilias do not require or justify psychiatric treatment in themselves, and defining paraphilic disorder as ‘a paraphilia that is currently causing distress or impairment to the individual or a paraphilia whose satisfaction has entailed personal harm, or risk of harm, to others’.[2] (BBM)
Paraphilia - Wikipedia

In fact, I’ve struggled to understand why Lewis seems to make such a big deal out of it.

I’m generalizing here but...small town Texas? Ive always lived in big cities and I wouldn’t think twice about a kink like that. But maybe in a town like Canadien, it starts the rumor mill.

Completely agree.

This is from Wikipedia, so not the best source, but:
“The DSM-5 adds a distinction between Paraphilias and paraphilic disorders, stating that paraphilias do not require or justify psychiatric treatment in themselves, and defining paraphilic disorder as ‘a paraphilia that is currently causing distress or impairment to the individual or a paraphilia whose satisfaction has entailed personal harm, or risk of harm, to others’.[2] (BBM)
Paraphilia - Wikipedia

In fact, I’ve struggled to understand why Lewis seems to make such a big deal out of it.

Things are getting weird in the FB group for the Unfound podcast. Klein, Dub Wagnon and apparently Michelle Gomez are arguing in comments. The podcast owner, Ed, finally posted a comment to tell them to chill out.
Sorry if thats not allowed! I know I can't post links but I'm hoping I can talk about it.

I’m generalizing here but...small town Texas? Ive always lived in big cities and I wouldn’t think twice about a kink like that. But maybe in a town like Canadien, it starts the rumor mill.

I'm not from Canadian but from a similarly sized small town in Texas....this would 100% ramp up the rumor mill. You don't "talk" about things like that in small town Texas.

Things are getting weird in the FB group for the Unfound podcast. Klein, Dub Wagnon and apparently Michelle Gomez are arguing in comments. The podcast owner, Ed, finally posted a comment to tell them to chill out.
Sorry if thats not allowed! I know I can't post links but I'm hoping I can talk about it.

Ive heard of this case in the past and trying to learn more. I find it difficult to learn the actual facts because there is so much mudslinging and finger pointing. There seems to be more discussion about the investigations than about Thomas. It’s just very noisy.

I don’t doubt Klein’s credentials, but you look small time getting into Facebook spats.

I'm not from Canadian but from a similarly sized small town in Texas....this would 100% ramp up the rumor mill. You don't "talk" about things like that in small town Texas.
Here's where I shake my head though....if it was true, the chances of reading about it/hearing about it before now would be great, I would think. Someone would have said something. I've read every blog post, <modsnip> combed through every FB and nothing about anything like this.

At the end of the day, I dont care about the fetish, but I do think it could be a motive for someone to hurt him.

“Then on January 9, 2019, one of [Nathan Lewis’] deputies, Pyne Gregory, parked his patrol vehicle at the very end of Lake Marvin Road, twelve miles from where Tom’s cellphone had been found during Klein’s search. Gregory was on duty, but he had taken a break to hunt for antlers that had been shed by deer, which he collected. Gregory stepped out of his truck and followed a deer trail west, away from the road, for about two hundred feet.

He walked toward a thicket of trees. ‘And I see what looks like a white ball laying up under the thicket,’ Gregory told me. ‘I’m like, “What in the heck is that?” So I walk around some shrubs, and as I get closer, I can see that it kind of looks like bone. I step up to it, and I lean over and look at the front side, and I see what appears to me to be two eye sockets and some teeth.’

Gregory sprinted back to his car and dialed Sheriff Lewis. He shouted that he had come upon a human skull.” (BBM)
Did they ever use the department’s radio system to communicate with each other? What about the other deputies?
Of all the things the sheriff dept does, this isn't that too suspect to me. Someone would be listening to a scanner and hear 'skull' and all the sudden everyone and their dog would be down there. I do wonder if the deputy cars have any kind of recording device though.

I agree. I am finally caught up with the Unfound Group and I have so many thoughts...

After listening to Klein's ham-fisted attempts at questioning Thomas's friends and acquaintances, I feel so sorry for the Brown's. They've put their eggs into this really threadbare basket. Whew. I desperately want someone to end Klein's audition for his community theater performance of swashbuckling, baffoonery prone, ego-bloated blowhard. These people deserve a serious effort and investigation.

Does it bother anyone that according to the TM article, Lewis admits he was ruled as being deceitful about if he had any part of Toms disappearance. I don't know enough about polygraphs...but is it common to word them so that the question is not clear about what specifically is being asked?To me, it was asked very clearly and someone could easily say no, I am not involved in his disappearance.

Im reading Lewis's explanation of why he answered 'no', and it seems like a real try hard explanation. Ive spent the last couple of days, thinking through some theories I've read online and re-listening to the early podcasts. Its possible I was quick to blame Lewis --- but man, I can't get this out of my head.

snipped: http://resources.magappzine.com/fee...gK03WKvdNFgAF3EOo89M5YFnjwJwwE746AUcSh48GXqbU

“I took this lie detector test because I was trying to clear my name,” Lewis said. “And then I get the question ‘Are you involved in the disappearance of Tom Brown?’ Well, hell yeah, I am involved in Tom Brown’s disappearance. I am wrapped up in this damn case. This whole case is running my damn life. It’s eating me up. But my answer had to be no because I wasn’t involved in the way that he was asking the question.”

Lewis said that, as he feared, when he answered no to the inquiry about his involvement in Tom’s disappearance, the examiner registered his response as deceitful. Lewis was steamed. “I said, ‘This is . I’m done with this. I ain’t doing this crap anymore.’ I’ll never take another lie detector test in my life.”

After listening to Klein's ham-fisted attempts at questioning Thomas's friends and acquaintances, I feel so sorry for the Brown's. They've put their eggs into this really threadbare basket. Whew. I desperately want someone to end Klein's audition for his community theater performance of swashbuckling, baffoonery prone, ego-bloated blowhard. These people deserve a serious effort and investigation.

I'm always a little sceptical of PIs. Klein seems to have a strong track record, but in unsolved cases PIs are often able to exploit their clients. They are emotionally vulnerable, LE has no answers, they are desperate for help and hope.

Taking the test seems like a crazy idea, it’s also an example of how this case is a circus.

Why is it crazy if you have nothing to hide? Lewis, of all people, should know how tests are administered.

Does anyone recall hearing if Pyne Gregory took a test and if he passed? I have seen some chatter about it, but nothing from a real source.

Why is it crazy if you have nothing to hide? Lewis, of all people, should know how tests are administered.

Does anyone recall hearing if Pyne Gregory took a test and if he passed? I have seen some chatter about it, but nothing from a real source.

They are junky, and it just adds to the noise and smoke surrounding this case. The result of the test is irrelevant in every manner.

Anyone else listen to the new TM podcast that came out today?

Yes. My two most dominant thoughts were that the Sheriff is a lightweight, and Klein is a self-promoter.

I really have no clue what happened to Tom, there isn’t much to go on. I assume he had a confrontation with someone shortly before he went home that night. If I had to guess it wasn’t premeditated.

I will be surprised if LE or Klein has a credible suspect.

I just came across this case yesterday while searching for podcasts to listen to while I perform my boring day job work.

I've listened to the TM podcasts released thus far, and read the accompanying text on the TM website, and that former sheriff sends my hinky meter up to 11.

If he faked training reports, what else would he be dishonest about?

Justice for Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member