Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom's dad is a good man who wants to believe the best and hope for a miracle. I can't blame him. I personally think Tom is likely dead, but if it were my child, I'd want to keep hoping for the best also.

I am very interested in knowing what he texted to his girlfriend, since that was the last known communication from him, and he immediately quit communicating after he sent it.

I would also be interested in knowing if anyone lawyered up or refused to answer questions.

Yes! I would love to know what the text was and if was a normal text for him to send.

I believe the two friends that he was last seen with are the key to finding Thomas. One of them has a very powerful father.

Yes! I would love to know what the text was and if was a normal text for him to send.

I believe the two friends that he was last seen with are the key to finding Thomas. One of them has a very powerful father.

Uh oh.... :(

I don't find them necessarily disturbing, but, both of his parents are constantly bringing God into it. And could this type of thinking or philosophy of life have been construed by a son as insurmountable, or as unaccepting ? And why would his father believe he may have run away? Idk, just trying to think outside the box. Either way my heart grieves with theirs.

Keep in mind, this is the Bible Belt of Texas. Very small, rural community.

Keep in mind, this is the Bible Belt of Texas. Very small, rural community.

Being from this area, I find it perfectly natural that parents with a missing child would turn to their faith as a source of hope and strength. From my knowledge of who they are, I think they are pretty representative of the norm and would not be viewed by Tom or others being insurmountable (odd word choice). From a personal perspective of having spoken with some family members and with others who know them better, both parents (who are divorced from one another) have a healthy and loving relationship with Tom with no major problems between them. I haven't heard of even a hint of major parental conflict happening near Tom's disappearance, and I think if there were, his friends would have known and shared that information.

...One of them has a very powerful father.

One of the fathers is a wealthy and prominent local citizen who is also a state representative. I don't know much about him personally. Everything that has been reported seems to indicate that the evidence corroborates the friends' account of the evening's timeline, and they were awakened and included in the search not too long after Tom failed to arrive home. It seems that it would be difficult, but not necessarily impossible, for one of them to have been involved in the disappearance. Law enforcement may have evidence that rules them out.

Does anyone know what other case this is referring to?
Any similar disappears in surrounding communities? Yes. We are looking at a case in Childress Co.

This case bothers me so much. Thanks for the video of him, Sunny. I really hope Tom is found safe and sound, even though I know many believe he is likely deceased.

Any similar disappears in surrounding communities? Yes. We are looking at a case in Childress Co.

Was that in the radio interview? Anyone know which case he's referring to?

There was a teen boy missing from Childress, Texas at the same time Tom Brown went missing. The teens last name was Brown as well. Let me see if I can find a MSM article about him.He did not get any press really.

Edited: I cannot find any MSM about this other case. But from what I recall, he was 19 or so, and his last name was Brown (no relation to Thomas though).

From the Find Tom Brown FB page:

we will be doing a search in October for evidence regarding Tom. We will need 100 volunteers to search a specific area near the city of Canadian, Texas. We are asking any and all of you that are interested to please apply to this email address : missingtombrown@gmail.com - please include the following - being your full name, your address, and phone number where we can contact you. You will need to be able to walk in high grass, be able to carry your own water, and be able to walk at least 1.5 miles. Further, we are looking for 5 volunteers to help hand out water if needed. If you are selected we will email you back with the date and time in October.

---Phillip Klein

https://www.facebook.com/findtombrown/

From the Find Tom Brown FB page:

we will be doing a search in October for evidence regarding Tom. We will need 100 volunteers to search a specific area near the city of Canadian, Texas. We are asking any and all of you that are interested to please apply to this email address : missingtombrown@gmail.com - please include the following - being your full name, your address, and phone number where we can contact you. You will need to be able to walk in high grass, be able to carry your own water, and be able to walk at least 1.5 miles. Further, we are looking for 5 volunteers to help hand out water if needed. If you are selected we will email you back with the date and time in October.

---Phillip Klein

https://www.facebook.com/findtombrown/

Article from today: http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...related-to-missing-canadian-teen-thomas-brown

CANADIAN, TX (KFDA) -
Family and friends of missing Canadian teen Thomas Brown are asking for your help in an "on the ground search."

The Help Find Tom Brown Facebook Page announced that they will conduct a search for evidence related to Thomas Brown Oct. 14.

More at link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is the search for Tom Brown.

So far, they have released that they found some of his clothing and his cell phone. They are still searching for a .25 calibur pistol - they have the shell casing from his car.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...ence-in-case-of-missing-teenager-thomas-brown
Thank you so much for sharing, 806mom. Also from the article:

“Klein says his team has two suspects they are looking at right now.

The investigators are working closely with the Hemphill County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Rangers.”

You also posted upthread:
“I believe the two friends that he was last seen with are the key to finding Thomas. One of them has a very powerful father.”
I think you are right.

Thomas seems like such a good kid. He deserves to be found, and found now.

A statement from Phillip Klein was posted on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/findtombro...8aWMr_jct_U1U55-JHIC5WtrQrTViV6hI75F4&fref=nf

A snippet:

In the search, there were over 30 pieces of possible evidence found, bagged, tagged, and some sent off to the Texas Department of Public Safety for review. Obviously, and at the request of Law Enforcement, we are unable to talk about the evidence only to say the area of Lake Marvin Road was chosen to be searched because of the backpack found on the road over 9 months ago. This was a scheduled search and not a special search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan