Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unaware that LE had recovered shell casings from a 25 caliber gun from Tom's truck.I have been reading about this case since May and never heard this mentioned before. I was wondering why this information was with held from the public for so long.

I was unaware that LE had recovered shell casings from a 25 caliber gun from Tom's truck.I have been reading about this case since May and never heard this mentioned before. I was wondering why this information was with held from the public for so long.

Very much agreed with this statement. I find it confusing.

An update from the Find Tom Brown Facebook page:

Update : We again want to update you all on the Brown case as we have been silent for a week or so. As we cannot get into specifics with you - the case has progressed forward. We want you all to remember that now is the time to call us, your sheriff, or the Texas DPS Rangers if you have information. Withholding information could be a crime. Do the right thing.

An update from the Find Tom Brown Facebook page:

Update : We again want to update you all on the Brown case as we have been silent for a week or so. As we cannot get into specifics with you - the case has progressed forward. We want you all to remember that now is the time to call us, your sheriff, or the Texas DPS Rangers if you have information. Withholding information could be a crime. Do the right thing.

Just saw this post on FB. Gave me chills.

It sounds like LE is getting closer to making an arrest or at least naming a suspect/s. The belief of Thomas being alive seems very remote now.

Also I very much think the friends he was with that night know something.

Another man's body has been found in the Tx panhandle. This time they found it in Sherman County. While I dont know this is Thomas, I am going to be linking the article here, just on the chance it could be him.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/36855733/body-found-in-sherman-county

edited: according to FB another man from OK went missing in Sherman Co. - so this is probably him instead of Thomas.

https://findingthomas.weebly.com

Thomas' family has made a new website, per the FTB Facebook page.

https://findingthomas.weebly.com
Thank you so much for sharing, 806mom. Very helpful site, comprehensive and full of information.

Under "MORE ...," found this:
"The Links Below will take you to each segment aired to date on
KVII- Channel 7- ABC7 in Amarillo - we will update as new segments air

NEXT BROADCAST of our Search for Thomas will air NOVEMBER 22 at 10 PM" (BBM)
https://findingthomas.weebly.com/abc7amarillo--kvii.html

I want Thomas found so bad and those -there is more than one perp involved, IMO- responsible brought to justice.

I want Thomas found so bad and those -there is more than one perp involved, IMO- responsible brought to justice.

I honestly cannot believe they haven't found him yet. I agree, there is more than one responsible. I do think he is missing because another teenager hurt him - but I also think they have had adult help in covering up the crime.

I honestly cannot believe they haven't found him yet. I agree, there is more than one responsible. I do think he is missing because another teenager hurt him - but I also think they have had adult help in covering up the crime.

Yep, agree particularly on the "he is missing because another teenager hurt him - but I also think they have had adult help in covering up the crime" part. May or may not be a parent, IMO.

From the FTB facebook page:

FROM KIC : We wanted to let you all know that follow this case that we will be up in Canadian to do follow up interviews and case work during the Thanksgiving holiday. We also want you all to know that some of the investigators will be with the family on Thanksgiving day at the fundraiser. We look forward to meeting all that are there and breaking bread with this wonderful family.

I just stumbled onto this thread, and knew nothing about the case until tonight. My wife's family is from Canadian, going back several generations. She has an aunt and uncle living there now, and I might contact them to see if they have heard anything.

On the google maps posted, I see that there are many drilling well waste-water storage tanks in the area. No doubt there are many oilfield workers there, and no telling what kind of "nefarious" activities might be going on.

What strikes me is how suddenly and completely Tom disappeared. Sending a text message one minute, and on the route to be home by his curfew, and then ... nothing. The phone had to be turned off (or destroyed?) by Tom or whomever he was with. And that's scary because it doesn't seem like a "normal" person would think about that.

Also, if Tom headed out to the lake....well, why would he wait until curfew to do that?? Especially if he knew his family would be up and waiting for him to arrive home? (Did he think they were asleep and wouldn't miss him until morning?) But then, wouldn't he leave his phone on to go out to the lake? And wouldn't he likely have been texting the people he was going to meet there?

Why would anybody.....Tom or otherwise.....drive through town in the middle of the night? It's a small, sleepy town, and I can't believe anyone thought they could make it through town undetected. And why were they driving the truck at nearly 6am? The truck must have been "placed" there as a diversion (by Tom or whomever). Then the person driving walked all the way to the river so that dogs couldn't pick up scent. Sunrise (according to weather.com) for Nov 23 is at 7:07am, which means it would have been dark still at 6am, and the truck was ditched before first light.

This case is just bizarre. I'll be following.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/36863750/officials-identify-body-of-man-found-in-sherman-county

AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) -
Sherman County officials have identified the body of a man found on Wednesday.

The man has been identified as 39 year-old Luis Eduardo Moreno.

Authorities say Moreno has been missing from Liberal, Kansas since November 2.

Authorities say the body was found along a fence line a half-mile north of Highway 54, on county road 15.

Officials have not said how Moreno died, but they are investigating it as homicide.

The Texas Rangers and the Sherman County Sheriff's Office are investigating this incident.

Autopsy results should be released soon.

Today is the search for Tom Brown.

So far, they have released that they found some of his clothing and his cell phone. They are still searching for a .25 calibur pistol - they have the shell casing from his car.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...ence-in-case-of-missing-teenager-thomas-brown

Interesting that it's a .25 they are looking for. While I won't say that particular caliber is rare, it's certainly not as popular as other calibers. .22 and .38 would be far more common in the smaller rounds.

The .25s I'm aware of are pocket guns and usually a back-up gun or for worst case scenarios, not as a primary defense round. Very easy to conceal, but not overly powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts