Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sir.

I have not read the book, but I am going to. In the bible, Joseph's brothers have a mob mentality and decide rather than killing Joseph, they will sell him into slavery. They then tell their father, Jacob, that Joseph was "devoured by a ferocious animal" and nothing they could ever do brought any comfort to the grief-stricken father. Joseph's fate hangs like a thunder cloud over their lives. Joseph meanwhile begins to see more of God's hand in his life than that of his brothers' and he is moved with compassion for them instead of anger.

What a remarkable woman TB's mother is. I have no idea where she gets her strength from, but she has endured pure hell and is not shaken from her pursuit of finding the truth and justice for her son. Tb could not have had a better woman in his corner. I dont think anything will satisfy justice in this situation, it is tremendously unfair. But no doubt she will get as close as she can get to justice for her son.

I agree, completely. Penny is an incredible woman. If the truth is ever told, it will be because Penny refused to accept the crap the LE was giving her.

Hmmm...wouldn’t be surprised if cameras were recording near where they put these posters! Klein is no dummy. He may have set a trap.

Haters gonna hate...small towns gonna small town...

It is interesting....

1. The sheriff office is “investigating” this BUT Penny told Klein Investigations who passed it on to the Attorney General’s office.
2. TWO signs were placed SIDE by SIDE..... both vandalized
3. Location of these signs. After a map search I noticed 4th and main is close to Sheriff’s office.

Canadian family says although son is gone and signs damaged, his case lives on

(snipped from article)

Plus, one business asked that a sign be removed.

"I respect that if someone doesn't want a sign in front of their business or on their property,” said Meek.

Yet, Thomas' family is determined to find out what happened, both to him and the signs. So, they are putting up more signs. Banner number five now stands just off of U.S. 60 in Canadian. There are others to come.

"Since the signs got vandalized, we've had numerous people contact us telling us they would like banners,” said Meek.

I’ve watched this case since the beginning two years ago as well as the Unfound podcast. I’ve also read this entire forum all the way through. This is my first post, but I joined because I just wonder why nobody has ever focused on one big item in TBs life leading up to his murder?

This is just a thought in all of this: Canadian is a small west Texas town that is like every other small Texas town. It is all built on the schools and particularly they love their high school football team. Their team is one of the most highly successful programs in the state. TB as well as his older brother both played on state championship teams for Canadian. Fans from surrounding schools have claimed that Canadian recruits the best for years. If you have an athlete, they’ll make a job for you to get your kid on their team. Not positive how true, but that’s the claim. Bottom line is that high school football is king in the small west Texas town.

Just about three weeks before Tom’s disappearance, he lost his starting job on the team and he quit midseason. Like I stated earlier, this is not your common town when it comes to high school football. I have heard that some did not appreciate TB’s desire to quit on the team and pursue his drama hobby. I’m just curious to know if anyone else has thought along the lines that he could have bullied for this issue which is possible in football crazed towns. I’m not saying that someone on the team murdered him, but just throwing another theory out there. Where would the sheriff come into play in this one? He might not or one could see that NL had a role that way with all of the support the community gives to the team.

Just some thoughts

I’m fairly new here so I may not be doing this right. But here goes... my daughter who was a cheerleader broke up with a d line star. In football town in Texas. The d line was so upset that they all came and knocked over our brick mailbox in the night. So yes, some of the football team could have decided to jerk Thomas around a bit to punish him for not staying on the team. Maybe it got out of hand and they hurt Thomas more than was intended. Then had to cover their tracks. And LE knows who swings weight in their town so decides not to investigate too hard.

Interesting article from Canadian Record! More information on the damaged signs plus status of reward money and who could of found Thomas.
Injustice for Tom – The Canadian Record
From the article:
“In response to questions regarding the reward fund, which was established in the Thomas Brown case, we determined this week that the fund was transferred about two years ago from the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office to Hemphill County.

[SBM]

The fund balance is now $12,176.31. No disbursements have been made from the account, and none have been requested.

The fund was originally established to reward anyone providing information that would help in the search for the Canadian High School student, who had been missing since Nov. 24, 2016. Brown’s remains were discovered over two years later, near the entrance to Lake Marvin.

Sheriff Nathan Lewis declined to identify the individual who [discovered Thomas’ remains]
and neither confirmed nor denied, despite persistent rumors, that they were found by former Deputy Pyne Gregory. We did determine, however, that law enforcement officers are excluded from eligibility to receive any reward funds in this case.” (BBM)

I would like to know if Gregory was aware of his ineligibility for the reward.

A Moms4Tom Member was interviewed on the radio station KXDJ. It gives great insight on local feelings. Also the radio host spoke about his personal disagreement with Unfounded Podcast about Sheriff Lewis. It also mentioned that there will be an Unfounded Podcast meet up in Amarillo on the 24th. There are 3 different places to click on this link to hear “more”

Moms4Tom Member Shares Thoughts On Vandalism Of Signs

From the article:
“and neither confirmed nor denied, despite persistent rumors, that they were found by former Deputy Pyne Gregory. We did determine, however, that law enforcement officers are excluded from eligibility to receive any reward funds in this case.” (BBM)

I would like to know if Gregory was aware of his ineligibility for the reward.
I would find it very interesting if Deputy PG did find the body. I’ve had a hinky feeling about him from the start. I still want to know if he was actually texting his wife at 4 am when they were first searching for Tom, like he told Tom’s brother. If not his wife; then who?

The only way I can buy this is if there was a serious lack of communication between Thomas, the coaches and the team. Thomas was benched his senior year because the new starter was being scouted by colleges; it was the decision of the coach. Surely his teammates knew this. Do football boys expect a fellow teammate to sit on the bench at every game in abject humiliation after being replaced just so another boy can have his day in the sun? Would they ask it of themselves? As the mother and grandmother of mostly girls, I'm curious.
I’m fairly new here so I may not be doing this right. But here goes... my daughter who was a cheerleader broke up with a d line star. In football town in Texas. The d line was so upset that they all came and knocked over our brick mailbox in the night. So yes, some of the football team could have decided to jerk Thomas around a bit to punish him for not staying on the team. Maybe it got out of hand and they hurt Thomas more than was intended. Then had to cover their tracks. And LE knows who swings weight in their town so decides not to investigate too hard.

The only way I can buy this is if there was a serious lack of communication between Thomas, the coaches and the team. Thomas was benched his senior year because the new starter was being scouted by colleges; it was the decision of the coach. Surely his teammates knew this. Do football boys expect a fellow teammate to sit on the bench at every game in abject humiliation after being replaced just so another boy can have his day in the sun? Would they ask it of themselves? As the mother and grandmother of mostly girls, I'm curious.

yes. its very "team" in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member