Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward Denzel from the Unfound Podcast is in Canadian this week. He and Penny recreated the photo from the gas station (that has now, apparently, disappeared). Its in his FB group if you want to see it. It shows a recreation of the photo that Lewis shared with Penny, of Thomas pumping gas.

Unfound on location--where Tom's Durango was parked

Video of where Tom's car was found.

Edited: if you aren't in the Unfound Group on FB, you really. need to join. Ed has met with Penny and gotten exact locations of cameras, etc to help give us a better idea of the location of things. For example, Toms car was only 300 ft from a paved Canadian street.

Just joined so I’m new here. I recently started following the Thomas Brown case and listening to podcasts on unfound. There are so many questions and strange occurrences involving this case it’s very intriguing and it seems that law officials are either moving awfully slow or that’s its hit a dead end. I have some questions though that perhaps some other members might care to discuss. I know this poor boys remains were found back in January, but I’ve never heard if there was an autopsy performed or if a cause of death was ever announced. Has anyone on this forum ever heard of the exact cause of death?

I’m new here not exactly sure how to reply to a specific post on here yet so please forgive me if I’m doing it wrong. Trying to reply to the post about Perhaps some sort of retaliation or bullying because he quit the team. I had some similar thoughts. It was stated by his mother that he quit the team because he had lost his starting position all of the sudden apparently without been given any prior warning from the coaches. Seems very odd to me that a transferring student would just all of the sudden out of the blue take the place of a seasoned starter with no explanation and it was Thomas’s senior year. It was also reported that the boy who replaced Thomas was recruited by a college to play football. I have conducted web searches in an attempt to find players from Canadian who were recruited in 2016 and 2017 but have found nothing.

I’m new here not exactly sure how to reply to a specific post on here yet so please forgive me if I’m doing it wrong. Trying to reply to the post about Perhaps some sort of retaliation or bullying because he quit the team. I had some similar thoughts. It was stated by his mother that he quit the team because he had lost his starting position all of the sudden apparently without been given any prior warning from the coaches. Seems very odd to me that a transferring student would just all of the sudden out of the blue take the place of a seasoned starter with no explanation and it was Thomas’s senior year. It was also reported that the boy who replaced Thomas was recruited by a college to play football. I have conducted web searches in an attempt to find players from Canadian who were recruited in 2016 and 2017 but have found nothing.

In response to the transfer, the young man went to Canadian schools in junior high and then moved to a nearby town. He then transfered back to Canadian the spring before Thomas was murdered. The young man does play college football currently at the D1 level but he does not seem to list Canadian as his hometown. The young man graduated early from high school to enroll in college early. I post this with that knowledge but not to make any suggestions about his character. Just answering the above question about somebody playing college football from Canadian. I’ll add that Canadian HS has had a number of D1 football players over the past decade or so.

I think it would be difficult to be a senior on the football team and have a sophomore transfer in and take your place.
And to graduate early. Wow, that’s very difficult to do in our district - heavy course load, summer classes, online classes plus football.
Prayers for Tom’s family.

I think it would be difficult to be a senior on the football team and have a sophomore transfer in and take your place.
And to graduate early. Wow, that’s very difficult to do in our district - heavy course load, summer classes, online classes plus football.
Prayers for Tom’s family.

The young man who replaced Tom was not a sophomore. He was a senior. He came back in the middle of their junior year to Canadian. He definitely graduated at the semester and is playing major college football today.

I can't help but feel this is a drug related murder. Not saying Tom was involved, just that he saw something he shouldn't have seen or ran into the wrong people at the wrong time. Kids could not pull this off and keep it this quiet. JMO

Just joined so I’m new here. I recently started following the Thomas Brown case and listening to podcasts on unfound. There are so many questions and strange occurrences involving this case it’s very intriguing and it seems that law officials are either moving awfully slow or that’s its hit a dead end. I have some questions though that perhaps some other members might care to discuss. I know this poor boys remains were found back in January, but I’ve never heard if there was an autopsy performed or if a cause of death was ever announced. Has anyone on this forum ever heard of the exact cause of death?
An autopsy was preformed and they have not released his cause of death.

The young man who replaced Tom was not a sophomore. He was a senior. He came back in the middle of their junior year to Canadian. He definitely graduated at the semester and is playing major college football today.

Thanks for clarifying @Fresta4071 !

I made the wrong assumption he came in as a sophomore and graduated early as a junior. He came back in January and graduated in December of the same year.

nearby town/high school - likely they played against each other before he came back to Canadian.

Texas Attorney General suspends investigation into death of Thomas Brown

The AG has suspended their investigation.

"Throughout the investigation, evidence has been discovered and obtained by various agencies and thoroughly analyzed. There is no viable evidence that would lead a reasonable person to conclude that foul play led to the death of Thomas Kelly Brown. This included evidence related to manner of death, cause of death, or evidence of a specific suspect."
Office of the Texas Attorney General

Texas AG Paxton releases statement announcing suspension of Thomas Brown case

Also from this link:
Klein wants to make it clear that the AG's office was unable to determine whether Brown's death was caused by suicide or homicide, which led them to suspend the investigation until prosecution can move forward with new evidence.

KIC Texas says they will continue to investigate this case and will go back and review all the evidence of the case.

How incredibly frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members