Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped- So it sounds like Lewis stated Tom placed an outgoing call at 12:23, but Klein muddies the waters a bit saying it last pinged at 12:10 which contradicts that statement, I think. Don't phones ping when you place calls/send texts? What about when you receive them? Was Lewis confusing mom's last text as activity from Tom or were Klein's statements incorrect?

I'm not a huge fan of Klein, so that may be clouding my opinion here. I feel like Klein has something to prove. He says he just wants to find the truth, no matter what the truth may be, BUT he was hired to basically either prove that LE were inept or they were involved in a cover-up of some sort. So while I'm not saying he was being intentionally dishonest/incorrect, he might have reason to only see what proves his theory.

On the other hand, if LE was involved in Tom's death or at least the subsequent cover-up of his death and Lewis was aware from the first night, they'd have reason to steer the investigation the wrong way from the beginning. Presumably, they'd also only give Klein information that didn't prove any wrongdoings on their part. If they had access to his phone from midnight or so that night, they could pretty much control the narrative in any way they see fit (like searching a suicide hotline, turning off a phone, saying the dogs followed a scent trail that didn't actually exist, moving Tom, his vehicle, his belongings, etc).

I honestly could go either way in this case, but suicide seems to be the easiest conclusion for me to reach. His age, quitting football, possibly some bullying, a recent break-up, even family and friends mentioning suicide being a possibility all seem to point to it. It's a lot harder for me to find a possible reason for LE to be involved. Other than the fact that one particular officer seemed to have some sort of beef with Tom, there's really nothing that gives me reason to believe that in itself could lead to murder. I'd be far more likely to believe another kid was involved and LE was covering for the kid, but that theory seems to have been discounted.

Lewis had a beef with Tom. And his deputy has shown a history of poor judgement (and was on duty, using his personal phone while looking for Tom). Those two things, by themselves, are not good. BUT when combined, I just cannot give LE the benefit of doubt in this case. Throw in the reports of LE telling searchers not to look where Tom was eventually found. Throw in the missing photo of Tom at the gas pumps. The evidence that wasn't processed immediately and Tom's truck being turned back over to his parents, almost immediately. I just cant sweep all that under the rug and go with suicide.

I think he is 1000% spot on. I've read the Canadian Papers article(s) today. And I stand by what I've always thought - the paper isn't being transparent and is using their paper to further someone else's agenda. They have lost all creditably for me. Sure, there *may* be some truth in what they are reporting, but they are not being responsible.
I also question the Canadian Record’s integrity and professional ethics. They claim they only want truth but then will not divulge on who the rat was that recorded the meeting. Then they joined in on this unethical move and printed their version. To their credit, they did print a letter to the editor from a member of Moms4Tom citing the misinformation in last weeks paper which I found interesting. Actually there were several interesting thoughts this week that seemed to stir the pot even more. Hope someone here will find a way to link the articles.

I also question the Canadian Record’s integrity and professional ethics. They claim they only want truth but then will not divulge on who the rat was that recorded the meeting. Then they joined in on this unethical move and printed their version. To their credit, they did print a letter to the editor from a member of Moms4Tom citing the misinformation in last weeks paper which I found interesting. Actually there were several interesting thoughts this week that seemed to stir the pot even more. Hope someone here will find a way to link the articles.
Here is one part anyway. And I believe the Samples link they shared was taken down days ago. The Canadian Record

How could Lewis know about any phone activity on Tom's phone just 2 days after he went missing?

And in that piece about the AG meeting, one of them said they thought Penny knew something about Tom's phone charger case and she said 'I've always had it' - why wasn't the case with Tom's phone that night? The more I know, the more confused everything seems.

How could Lewis know about any phone activity on Tom's phone just 2 days after he went missing?

And in that piece about the AG meeting, one of them said they thought Penny knew something about Tom's phone charger case and she said 'I've always had it' - why wasn't the case with Tom's phone that night? The more I know, the more confused everything seems.

The phone charger was left in the Durango which was returned to Penny. I wonder why he or whoever took the keys. If I was going to run off and kill myself I wouldn’t leave the window halfway down and take the keys.

The phone charger was left in the Durango which was returned to Penny. I wonder why he or whoever took the keys. If I was going to run off and kill myself I wouldn’t leave the window halfway down and take the keys.

Oh thanks, that was perplexing, I wonder why he stated it as if Penny had been hiding something? At least that was my read of it.

The taking of the keys is a mystery too. How could he have possibly walked from where the Durango was found, to where his remains were found, if he had been driving it as late as 4:00 or 6:00 a.m.? How could he not have been seen with people out searching since 1:30 a.m. the night before? I'm just not buying the details, and nowhere close to believing it could have been a suicide.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I wasn't sure since it was behind a paywall? I recall in another case that made it where we couldn't share them because we would be cheating the newspaper out of $$.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have screen shots, and a PDF. Not sure if I can share them here or not?

No you can't jellybean.

You can paraphrase and include the link in case anyone has a subscription, or wants to pay for one, you just can't copy and paste or post a direct quote.

Also, if there is a google hit summary, you can quote that snippet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member