Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the map, alot of ground was covered at some point - possibly the night of the disappearance. I may have missed it but did anyone ever say if they could tell how far Tom's truck had traveled after he put gas in it? How much gas was left when it was returned to the family? Also, did any of the searchers or LE go down Lake Marvin road that night while looking for Tom. If so, how far? Seems reasonable LE would have if they knew the kids hung out there but if it was discussed, I don't remember. I do not see any cut-throughs from town or from where the truck was found straight east to Lake Marvin road. Am I missing it or is there a very small road/trail to get across? My thoughts are running off in tangents, but I keep thinking two people or more had to be involved. Unless Tom was forced to drive his truck to where it was found, someone had to have put it there. They couldn't walk back into town without being seen by people out searching - well, I guess they could have if they were careful and hid whenever searchers came by. Thoughts anyone?

Here is a Google Map based on the interview notes and the PDF linked upthread. Thomas Brown - Google My Maps

Thank you so much for making this map. I did not realize how far from his truck Tom was found. That explains a bit why they had not gotten to searching that specific location yet. So much land to cover between there and the truck. I wonder if his remains were also buried or hidden somehow. I hope an arrest(s) will be coming soon in Tom's case.

MOO.

Looking at the map, alot of ground was covered at some point - possibly the night of the disappearance. I may have missed it but did anyone ever say if they could tell how far Tom's truck had traveled after he put gas in it? How much gas was left when it was returned to the family? Also, did any of the searchers or LE go down Lake Marvin road that night while looking for Tom. If so, how far? Seems reasonable LE would have if they knew the kids hung out there but if it was discussed, I don't remember. I do not see any cut-throughs from town or from where the truck was found straight east to Lake Marvin road. Am I missing it or is there a very small road/trail to get across? My thoughts are running off in tangents, but I keep thinking two people or more had to be involved. Unless Tom was forced to drive his truck to where it was found, someone had to have put it there. They couldn't walk back into town without being seen by people out searching - well, I guess they could have if they were careful and hid whenever searchers came by. Thoughts anyone?
“I may have missed it but did anyone ever say if they could tell how far Tom's truck had traveled after he put gas in it? How much gas was left when it was returned to the family?”

From @806mom’s notes:
“Found out through Credit card records, Mom found Thomas went to get gas as soon as he left his friends. He swiped card at Gas Stations at 11.28. Around $45 gas, filled up all the way. Gas was 1.90/gallon. When car was brought back to mom, 1/4 gallon of gas had been used - about 100 miles were driven or car was sitting idling, when car was discovered 8 hours later.“ (BBM)
[I’m pretty sure she means 1/4 tank ;)]
Found Deceased - TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

“Also, did any of the searchers or LE go down Lake Marvin road that night while looking for Tom. If so, how far?“
It appears that the initial search efforts were focused on the area where Thomas’ vehicle was found, and the Canadian River. I did find a Canadian Record article from December 8, 2016 that states:

“In the three weeks since CHS senior Thomas Brown vanished, searchers have combed the Canadian River area north of town where his Dodge Durango was abandoned early Thanksgiving Day, scoured the Lake Marvin Wildlife area where Brown and his friends often went ....“ (BBM)
Many questions but no answers in Thanksgiving Day disappearance of CHS senior Thomas Brown | The Canadian Record

I believe it was only after Thomas’ “school backpack and school issued laptop was spotted by a North Plains electrical worker on FM 2266 (Lake Marvin Rd)” that the Sheriff searched the area.
Moms4Tom

I did notice the following in an article from five days ago:

“‘We've always been focused on Lake Marvin Road, even before the backpack was found. Even before the massive search was done with you know 300-500 people walking the line,’ said Klein.

[SBM]

Klein said he could not discuss exactly where the remains were found, but he could say there was some public property involved.

Klein said tips from the public helped his team realize Lake Marvin Road would be an important place to look.

‘You know the kids at the high school kept telling us, 'He's out there, we know he's out there,’ said Klein. ‘That's where everybody goes to build a bonfire or drink a beer.’”

[SBM]”
Senior private investigator offers offers insight in Thomas Brown case

A year ago Crime Watch Daily did a 2 part show on Tom's case. Hopefully they will do a new episode now that he has been found. Reposting videos for a refresher:

Also, here is the 3.5 hour Unfound podcast:

So there has been a weird update that happened yesterday that was posted on FB by the Canadian Record. It's not directly related to Tom's case but is sort of tied in. I'm not 100% familiar with TOS, am I allowed to post?

I'm not sure if we are allowed to discuss it or not since there is no mention of a connection to Tom's case. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to link to MSM facebook pages (posters can look for the story there for themselves): The Canadian Record

I'll flag a mod to make sure that's ok.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to discuss it or not since there is no mention of a connection to Tom's case. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to link to MSM facebook pages (posters can look for the story there for themselves): The Canadian Record

I'll flag a mod to make sure that's ok.

Thanks Gardener. Yes, unless MSM / LE have indicated they are investigating a possible connection, we don't discuss it here.

Thanks for all the above info IMHO! Some things i missed or didn't remember. No unknown charges to mom's card after the gas purchase, correct?

I hope it is ok to link to the direct post. I think this is very important. Respecting sillybilly's post above, not getting into details The Canadian Record

What I found the most fascinating after working on the map is how the first dog had the right line, but was stopped by the river. It is really incredible how far they can detect a scent.

It is a bit of a puzzle putting together the movements that night based on CCTV (and specifically what CCTV does NOT show) but I think something happened quickly after Tom got gas, and he wasn't driving the car anymore after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member