TX TX - TJ Murray, 24, Huntsville, 19 Oct 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been looking at this case recently. It’s interesting that there is almost no public information out there. Does anyone from the area have any new information? I have some theories, but don’t want to post them especially bc no persons of interest have been named.

Def not looking good :(
I live here in The Woodlands (about 7 minutes from Rookies and On The Rox where he was last seen by his friend). My husband works with a close friend of the guy that was out with TJ the night he went missing.
There were a few mentions on the fb page about TJ being involved in an altercation at Rookies (the first bar they went to) with an ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend. That came from a bartender at Rookies. That information QUICKLY disappeared and hasn't been mentioned since.
Then, about 15 mins ago, my husband told me that the friend he was out with that night has met with investigators multiple times and there was, in fact, an altercation between TJ and the ex-girlfriend. Apparently, he was pretty drunk and put his hands on her in a not-so-nice way. Needless to say, her boyfriend and his friends didn't like that at all. The arguement escalated and TJ was asked to leave Rookies. So when he told his father that he was "locked out", that's why.
After that happened, he and his friend headed down to On The Rox (just across the street and down a stop-light).
Obviously isn't too hard to figure out what probably happened next......I'm sure the ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend have spent LOTS of time with LE. Its a pretty small community here, I'm SHOCKED that no one has spilled the details on the ex-girlfriend yet. Not even her name or her boyfriend's name. LE must be doing a REALLY good job of keeping the lid on it so far.
I will say, On The Rox is in a strip-mall plaza directly on a main road. There's plenty of traffic there around the time he left. And there's not anywhere to really get any privacy right around that plaza.
If he did happen to run into the ex-gf and her boyfriend again, my guess is that she would have gotten him to meet her outside, and maybe even asked him to go for a ride. If he was angry enough to get into an arguement at a bar with her, I'm figuring he'd probably have been happy if she wanted to talk to him or go for a ride.
Obviously he wouldn't hop in a car if her boyfriend and his friends were in it, but if it was just her - maybe....
Perhaps she set him up?? If she said "let's go for a ride and talk", there are plenty of out-of-the-way spots within minutes of the bar where her boyfriend could have been waiting to confront him.
Seems crazy that her boyfriend and his friends would intend to actually kill him, but no one knows who her boyfriend is yet. And its possible that they beat him up and killed him by accident......TJ is a pretty small guy, and if he was drunk and had no one to back him up, it could've gone pretty darn badly.
Hopefully LE will get ex-girlfriend to spill it, and they'll be able to find him.
I wouldn't think a bunch of kids would be very good at keeping their mouths shut for too long. :(

I have been looking at this case recently. It’s interesting that there is almost no public information out there. Does anyone from the area have any new information? I have some theories, but don’t want to post them especially bc no persons of interest have been named.
I have not seen anything new in a very long time. This case haunts me. I live right down the road and didn't hear about TJ until almost a year after he went missing. Back then before we went streaming we still had cable and I would keep the news on but muted and don't ever remember seeing news of his disappearance. Of course I've read the articles and watched a few updates since but it's a little surreal knowing we lived right down the road and he hasn't been found. The street where the two bars are is such a busy street it blows my mind no one captured anything. I do feel like LE has a general idea of what may have happened but not enough for a conviction.

It is a very sad case that seems like there should be a resolution. I get tripped up on the timeline a little. It seems like it was originally reported that Rookie's was the last sighting of him after the altercation, but at some point later On the Rox becomes the last sighting of him. Also, James being called doesn't seem to be part of the timeline until later. Does anyone know if there are reports of this in the early stages of the investigation. I would love to be able to nail down a timeline of what happened because right now there seem to be discrepancies as to where he was seen last. I don't know when or why the last sighting changed, but it seemed to have changed.

The Unfound Podcast also did an episode on TJ Murray, link below.

Listening to the podcast now. It brought me here.

The Unfound Podcast host ED has an informative interview with the father of TJM and he was very open with the family's background. My heart is hurting for the remaining members of this family.

With the information regarding the actual names of people who were active participant's there is a better possibility of this case being looked into by the wonderful members here at WS! MOO

BUMPING THIS FOR MORE ACTIVITY HOPEFULLY

Bumping this thread, plus I also grew up and live in the area.
<modsnip>
It honestly shocks me too that this hasn't been solved. I really hope it is solved. TJ was a great guy and his family is just wonderful in my opinion. My heart really goes out to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I check up on this case a couple times a year. I live in this area. My friend was really good friends with TJ's brother. If I am not mistaken, this family lost another son a few years back. It would be great if we could get some closure for TJ's parents. I cant imagine losing 2 children. One of them you have no idea where they are or what happened to them.

I check up on this case a couple times a year. I live in this area. My friend was really good friends with TJ's brother. If I am not mistaken, this family lost another son a few years back. It would be great if we could get some closure for TJ's parents. I cant imagine losing 2 children. One of them you have no idea where they are or what happened to them.

They unfortunately lost a third son a couple of months ago.

Thank you for posting this. I sure hope this is T.J. Please let this long suffering family get some semblance of peace of mind and let their son and brother finally rest beside his other brothers. And hopefully JUSTICE can be served!

One of my really good friends is best friends with TJ's remaining brother. The family has definitely suffered far more than any family should. I'm hoping it's him as well. There are several missing people in our area though so it could be any of them. No matter what...someone will be back with their family at the end of this.

In almost 11 years there have only been 4 sets of remains ruled out. That's incredibly sad. I just made a list of all unidentified remains within a 3 hour radius of here and I want to submit it. I have no idea if I should send it to NamUs or the detective with the MoCo Sheriffs office. I've already submitted one MONTHS ago but haven't seen it updated to the comparison list and I have not heard from anyone about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back