TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I bet you all have already given the link, but I didn't see it and I'm a real dummy with watching shows online. Could you direct me to a good site where I can watch the Jinx? I haven't even seen it yet! Thanks in advance!

It was a HBO exclusive 6 part series. I have only seen clips of it in MSM.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-warrant-outlines-6142935.php

According to the search warrant served on three condominiums he owns in the same complex, police also were looking for guns, travel documents and financial records.

After Tuesday's search of the apartment in the building at 2520 Robinhood, police found boxes of financial records, a garbage bag full of court transcripts and the books "Without a Trace" and "A deadly Secret."

"A Deadly Secret" is a book about the 1982 disappearance of Durst's wife Kathie Durst. "Without a Trace" is about Durst being acquitted in the 2001 death and dismemberment of his Galveston neighbor, Morris Black .

When he lived in Galveston, Durst posed as a mute woman named Dorothy Ciner.

When arrested in New Orleans, Durst had a false identification card under the name of Everette Ward, according to the search warrant. He also had about $43,000 in cash, a gun, and a rubber mask which could cover his head and neck. Authorities also found his birth certificate and passport.

That detective from the documentary, I can't remember his name...man. He is AWFUL at his job. I wonder how many cases went cold at that time under his watch. He struck me as the kind of person who thinks women are "asking for it" when they get raped, and domestic violence incidents are just "lover's quarrels". That guy bugged me so much, I wanted Jarecki to scream at him.

True that!
I couldn't believe it when he said there was no evidence pointing to it NOT being self defense. What about all those blows to the back? How do you beat someone on the back when they're coming at you? That was a crazy woman yelling at her TV moment for me.
I think he/they thought it was open and shut, a slam dunk for them, and they failed to do their due diligence.
Cody something... Casaras? No relation to Jink ;)

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-warrant-outlines-6142935.php

According to the search warrant served on three condominiums he owns in the same complex, police also were looking for guns, travel documents and financial records.

After Tuesday's search of the apartment in the building at 2520 Robinhood, police found boxes of financial records, a garbage bag full of court transcripts and the books "Without a Trace" and "A deadly Secret."

"A Deadly Secret" is a book about the 1982 disappearance of Durst's wife Kathie Durst. "Without a Trace" is about Durst being acquitted in the 2001 death and dismemberment of his Galveston neighbor, Morris Black .

When he lived in Galveston, Durst posed as a mute woman named Dorothy Ciner.

When arrested in New Orleans, Durst had a false identification card under the name of Everette Ward, according to the search warrant. He also had about $43,000 in cash, a gun, and a rubber mask which could cover his head and neck. Authorities also found his birth certificate and passport.

IMO, they need to take a ton of luminol and go through any place that he ever personally owned....possibly some that he owned and sold....

Even though it was many years later, I have often wondered if they used luminol in the home that he and Kathy lived in when she disappeared, when they found the compartment in a closet? The current homeowner not knowing that area existed was creepy to me, too. IMO, there is no telling what kind of crawl spaces there may be in that house that she is unaware of...CREEPY, CREEPY, CREEPY!!!

He seems like the kind of guy that wants to be unhappy. Maybe to play martyr?

He leaves his health food store, where he is happy, to run the business at his fathers request, and then just... doesn't.
Then he literally pisses all over it.
When the title to the throne is given to someone who appears to actually want it, and is willing to work for it, he... stops talking to his father all together. Why? He says he never wanted it to begin with!

He laments that he never had to work for anything, poor little rich boy, but then he sues for $65 million? Why? Here is his golden chance to go sweat and make it in the world himself.

I wish I knew what his statement of 'Oh, I want this' really meant. The limelight from the trial to stick it to his family maybe? Whatever it was, my guess is he doesn't actually want it.

True that!
I couldn't believe it when he said there was no evidence pointing to it NOT being self defense. What about all those blows to the back? How do you beat someone on the back when they're coming at you? That was a crazy woman yelling at her TV moment for me.
I think he/they thought it was open and shut, a slam dunk for them, and they failed to do their due diligence.
Cody something... Casaras? No relation to Jink ;)

That juror they talked to seemed to be dumber than a box of rocks. I wonder how many people who were on that jury moved to Pinellas?

Douglas' anger at the documentary makers is really annoying. He was asked repeatedly to participate in the documentary, but refused. Well if your upset with the final product too bad. Your chance to correct the lies was while the documentary was being made. JMO

That juror they talked to seemed to be dumber than a box of rocks. I wonder how many people who were on that jury moved to Pinellas?

Arg! He actually said he just thinks Durst is the unluckiest guy on earth. All these people close to him just keep dying. Sure buddy.
I think I have some weight loss supplements to sell him.

http://www.amazon.com/Without-Trace-Martins-Crime-Library/dp/0312985029

http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Secret...ret+the+strange+disappearance+of+kathie+durst

Guys, I actually have a friend coming over for dinner tonight, just to talk about how bonkers this series was.
I've fried my poor husbands patience with CMJA, I've had to call in the cavalry.

He seems like the kind of guy that wants to be unhappy. Maybe to play martyr?

He leaves his health food store, where he is happy, to run the business at his fathers request, and then just... doesn't.
Then he literally pisses all over it.
When the title to the throne is given to someone who appears to actually want it, and is willing to work for it, he... stops talking to his father all together. Why? He says he never wanted it to begin with!He laments that he never had to work for anything, poor little rich boy, but then he sues for $65 million? Why? Here is his golden chance to go sweat and make it in the world himself.

I wish I knew what his statement of 'Oh, I want this' really meant. The limelight from the trial to stick it to his family maybe? Whatever it was, my guess is he doesn't actually want it.

RBBM

Not in reference to your statement, but in RD stating this, I don't believe it to be the truth.

One of the taped conversations between he and his wife, she is saying how he was robbed of his birth right, etc..., etc... From this conversation, I perceived that he may have actually "belly-ached" about this... A LOT. IMO, he thinks it sounds better, and shows indifference by him saying that he never wanted the business. Why has he continued in the real estate business up until now?

Another instance where I picked up on this is when they are talking about his brother being "picked" to run the business, and Jarecki says a date. RD immediately corrects him, and says that it was at an earlier date that the decision had been made. If he didn't care, why would that year matter? IMO, you could hear the resentment in the way he corrected that.

ALL JMO and from The Jinx series.

You're probably right, Batman's Mommy (fun name, btw!)
All good points. It's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff with him sometimes.
His wife Debrah is something else! I want to see more interviews with her, and hear more of their prison calls. She's quite a character.

I was embarrassed for her..... just.......I really have no words that can adequately express my thoughts on her mentality.... not without a Time Out, anyways. :censored:

:thud:

You're probably right, Batman's Mommy (fun name, btw!)
All good points. It's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff with him sometimes.
His wife Debrah is something else! I want to see more interviews with her, and hear more of their prison calls. She's quite a character.

Thanks!

I agree. She seems like a doozy.

I haven't been able to follow this like I want. What is that huge scar (stitches?) on Durst's head that can be seen in the video with the last link below?
----
http://nypost.com/2015/03/18/robert-durst-considered-a-suicide-risk-moved-to-mental-health-unit/
NEW ORLEANS — Troubled real estate heir Robert Durst was moved from a New Orleans jail to a state prison with a mental health unit because he is considered a suicide risk, officials said Wednesday.
---

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/17/robert-durst-back-in-court-for-2nd-straight-day/24899147/
Authorities say the real estate millionaire was withdrawing large sums of money before his arrest this week for the 2000 murder of Susan Berman in California. They say he withdrew $9,000 every day for a 35-day period.

When Durst was arrested in New Orleans Sunday, FBI agents found nearly $43,000 in cash, a rubber mask that could cover someone's head and neck and a fake Texas ID card under the name "Everette Ward."

---
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/18/police-raid-home-millionaire-robert-durst/
with video
[h=1]Real estate scion Robert Durst moved to mental facility as authorities reportedly eye him in disappearances of two teens[/h]
..... authorities in Northern California are reportedly revisiting him in connection with the disappearances of Karen Mitchell and Kristen Modafferi. Mitchell, who vanished on Nov. 25, 1997, had volunteered at a homeless shelter in Eureka, Calif., where Durst had been spotted, while Modafferi was a North Carolina college student visiting San Francisco when she disappeared on June 23, 1997.

I haven't been able to follow this like I want. What is that huge scar (stitches?) on Durst's head that can be seen in the video with the last link below?
----
http://nypost.com/2015/03/18/robert-durst-considered-a-suicide-risk-moved-to-mental-health-unit/
NEW ORLEANS — Troubled real estate heir Robert Durst was moved from a New Orleans jail to a state prison with a mental health unit because he is considered a suicide risk, officials said Wednesday.
---

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/17/robert-durst-back-in-court-for-2nd-straight-day/24899147/
Authorities say the real estate millionaire was withdrawing large sums of money before his arrest this week for the 2000 murder of Susan Berman in California. They say he withdrew $9,000 every day for a 35-day period.

When Durst was arrested in New Orleans Sunday, FBI agents found nearly $43,000 in cash, a rubber mask that could cover someone's head and neck and a fake Texas ID card under the name "Everette Ward."

---
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/18/police-raid-home-millionaire-robert-durst/
with video
[h=1]Real estate scion Robert Durst moved to mental facility as authorities reportedly eye him in disappearances of two teens[/h]
..... authorities in Northern California are reportedly revisiting him in connection with the disappearances of Karen Mitchell and Kristen Modafferi. Mitchell, who vanished on Nov. 25, 1997, had volunteered at a homeless shelter in Eureka, Calif., where Durst had been spotted, while Modafferi was a North Carolina college student visiting San Francisco when she disappeared on June 23, 1997.

There's been rumors of him having brain cancer? Or as Dr Drew speculates he has a brain implant for Parkinson's disease....no telling, but good catch on calling attention to what looks like recent surgery. Maybe that's why he needs the pain meds that have been approved by LE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89
Back