TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new........................... and it comes from the mayor so

"Mayor Don McLaughlin of Uvalde said in an interview with CNN on Thursday that the gunman did not answer his telephone when a negotiator tried to phone him."

LE tried to call him on his phone? During all this? Guess they figured out who he was real quick and got his phone number!

That's a first in all these school shootings - LE tried to call and negotiate with the shooter...............(smh):(

JMHO
And how did they know it was him??? This is a very telling, imo there's so much more to this!

And how did they know it was him??? This is a very telling, imo there's so much more to this!
The accident would indicate that his grandmother/grandfather owned the truck. Probably neighbors showed up and were talking about him.

They may have contacted Wendy's where he had worked.

Quick background checks can provide phone numbers, BUT they are not always accurate.

He was young, so any phone number issued to him would have been recent AND if the phone was in his grandparents/parents name (which it is 95% of the time) that means calling all of them.

However, this seems to be a crazy way of dealing with a school shooter. This isn't a movie.. He certainly isn't gonna pick up the phone!

Well, this is a small town. The truck was registered to his grandparents. Grandma did call 911 - after all she had been shot. Put 2 & 2 together - pretty easy - but getting his cell phone number? He didn't have any friends. Grandma or grandpa could have given it to them.

Just seems like a whole lot of investigating going on within minutes - all the while this kid is shooting up a school. Priorities people priorities.........still sitting here shaking my head. "Hey, I got an idea! Let's call him!" - really?

JMHO

Last edited:
"I am traumatized and heartbroken"
The "door" teacher says

So she did prop the door open with a rock but then returned to kick it away. Apparently that is where the misinformation began, they left out the part about how she kicked it away and only reported that she propped the door open with a rock.

From the link:

She returned inside to call 911, propping the door open with a rock on the way. When she returned back outside, she saw her co-worker running and heard somebody yell 'he's got a gun!' Flanary told CNN.

Marin saw the gunman heading towards her and the door, so she kicked the rock holding it open away and let it swing shut, where by design it was supposed to automatically lock

So she did prop the door open with a rock but then returned to kick it away. Apparently that is where the misinformation began, they left out the part about how she kicked it away and only reported that she propped the door open with a rock.

From the link:

She returned inside to call 911, propping the door open with a rock on the way. When she returned back outside, she saw her co-worker running and heard somebody yell 'he's got a gun!' Flanary told CNN.

Marin saw the gunman heading towards her and the door, so she kicked the rock holding it open away and let it swing shut, where by design it was supposed to automatically lock
Misinformation is not uncommon in early press conferences, however in this case it was hurtful.

This MSM article only gives one side of the story about her being threatened by LE for sharing her story. If they weren't able to get a statement from LE about her accusations, then they should have reported that LE had no comment, or their point of view on the situation. Otherwise, it's just a one-sided account.

Mother says LE threatened to charge her with probation violation/obstruction of justice if she gave her version of events to the media. If this is true, threatening someone for speaking to the press is a massive First Amendment violation IMO.

Could gunman’s grandmother have had a key to that door to open from outside? If so, could he have stolen it/made a copy? Perhaps he went for that door because he knew he could get in through it even if it were locked? Moo

excellent point.

some updates on the other teachers that were injured:

Arnulfo Reyes, a fourth-grade teacher at Robb Elementary who was hurt in the attack, posted an update on Facebook about his recovery, saying he has a long journey ahead and that "my thoughts and prayers are with the families who continues to grieve their loved ones."

To my knowledge, she has no idea of what happened,” said Hugo Avila. “She just wasn’t aware of the amount of the massacre.”

He said she is out of intensive care and is starting to be able to eat again. He said she is lucky to even be alive.

“She wouldn’t be alive if the bullet hadn’t gone through the wall first,” added Hugo. “Because apparently [the shooter] was shooting through the door and through the wall.”

Why didn't the police go in? they were afraid for their lives----
That is the basic answer: I have to tell you I have watched a lot of true crime, and the detectives I have listened to have said this (paraphrasing)- we have to catch that bad guy: we think he may come out firing at us and we know that, but we are going to go in anyway BECAUSE THAT IS OUR JOB--

Hello!!!! being afraid is no excuse, not when it is your job to protect citizens and get the bad guys, in this case, an active shooter: There were 19- yes 19 police officers, they could have gotten him down by shear numbers- but they were scared. I understand fear- and he had a machine gun and they were not properly prepared with proper weapons to fight with. The whole thing went so horribly wrong---- costing lives. It makes me sick.

Last edited:

Why didn't the police go in? they were afraid for their lives----
That is the basic answer: I have to tell you I have watched a lot of true crime, and the detectives I have listened to have said this (paraphrasing)- we have to catch that bad guy: we think he may come out firing at us and we know that, but we are going to go in anyway BECAUSE THAT IS OUR JOB--

Hello!!!! being afraid is no excuse, not when it is your job to protect citizens and get the bad guys, in this case, an active shooter: There were 19- yes 19 police officers, they could have gotten him down by shear numbers- but they were scared. I understand fear- and he had a machine gun and they were not properly prepared with proper weapons to fight with. The whole thing went so horribly wrong---- costing lives. It makes me sick.

I don't think it was because they were all afraid (some maybe) but the School's Chief of Police Pete Arredondo ordered them to STAND DOWN.
Which was a bad decision. He also did NOT have a Police Radio/scanner and I would love to know why? Why was he using a cellphone to conduct official police business sp an Active Shooter?
The real question is why did he make that decision so quickly and refuse to back down? Border Control disobeyed and went in regardless.

Lack of experience? Did his ego prevent him from listening to advice from UPD? Still a mystery.

I don't think it was because they were all afraid (some maybe) but the School's Chief of Police Pete Arredondo ordered them to STAND DOWN.
Which was a bad decision. He also did NOT have a Police Radio/scanner and I would love to know why? Why was he using a cellphone to conduct official police business sp an Active Shooter?
The real question is why did he make that decision so quickly and refuse to back down? Border Control disobeyed and went in regardless.

Lack of experience? Did his ego prevent him from listening to advice from UPD? Still a mystery.

Sorry, but I really don't understand him being in city Council.
Police work seems to be very demanding, and him preparing to elections might have meant, his concentration wasn't really into policing at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member