TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unbelievable that this man ever had a position of power. He led disregarding his training and was most likely responsible for some of the deaths through his in action. Ughhh.
I've said from the beginning that PA failed the children and the community from the moment he got out of his vehicle and intentionally left his 2 police radios behind. A year later and the criminal investigation surrounding the response is still ongoing -- this is shameful.

I recently watched 20/20 and it was sad to see a victim's father (Felix Rubio) forced to turn in his resignation from the police force because he didn't feel like he could work beside some of the same officers that failed to protect the children and teachers.

I've said from the beginning that PA failed the children and the community from the moment he got out of his vehicle and intentionally left his 2 police radios behind. A year later and the criminal investigation surrounding the response is still ongoing -- this is shameful.

I recently watched 20/20 and it was sad to see a victim's father (Felix Rubio) forced to turn in his resignation from the police force because he didn't feel like he could work beside some of the same officers that failed to protect the children and teachers.
That was sad and wow that the community came out to support ONE board member with everything that had happened… that just blew my mind too. Kimberly Rubio, Felix’s wife, speech at that time was so powerful as well to me.

Research by cognitive psychologists helps explains how we perceive mass violence and why it can leave some people feeling numb. Paul Slovic, PhD, a professor of psychology at the University of Oregon, and his colleagues have shown that in many cases, the more people who die in an incident of mass violence, the less we care. They call this phenomenon the “deadly arithmetic of compassion.”

Their research shows that people’s intuitive feelings of concern for victims of violence don’t respond well to statistics and don’t scale up. In other words, the horror people felt when 19 children and two adults were shot and killed at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, isn’t 21 times greater than what people feel when one child is murdered. Slovic and other psychologists call this dampening of the emotional response “psychic numbing.”

Today is the one year anniversary of the shooting. One year ago this morning, the children were excited to go to school for their award ceremony, parents made plans to meet them, teachers had the end of the school year in sight.

And here we are. Waiting for the next school shooting. Which will happen at some point.

I would say he was failing the community long before that day. It just feels like he was just collecting a paycheck.

The 20/20 episode aired on the 19th about Uvalde and the aftermath is excellent. I was in tears throughout.

I have mixed emotions about any publicity of such incidents, as some schools are still in session in Texas.
It is torture to wonder each day if some nutcase has his sights on children in my state!

I’ll wait until later this summer to watch, and of course July 4 will also be an anniversary of a shooting. Be safe, y’all!

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid