TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the scanner when this horror was occurring. The traffic was silent, which scared me because I assumed they went to a private tactical channel, and the EMS channel had medic helicopter flight info. Twitter news and posts on FB seemed an hour behind. The reports were wildly all over the board on what happened that my racing heart didn't know what to believe. It's infuriating that this happened.

This Individual is Absolutely Soulless:

Some additional details:
The suspect also allegedly fatally shot his grandmother before entering the school, Abbott said.

Two officers sustained non-life-threatening injuries, the governor said.

Yes, his Instagram has disappeared but someone on another forum captured a screenshot of Ramos. There are a few other pictures of him floating around. At least there were a few minutes ago. There seems to be an effort to scrub the internet. The press conference said practically nothing. It was over in about two minutes time.

FTjTkVCXsAE-P9N
salv8dorr____ on Instagram. Nothing there though.

Yes, his Instagram has disappeared but someone on another forum captured a screenshot of Ramos. There are a few other pictures of him floating around. At least there were a few minutes ago. There seems to be an effort to scrub the internet. The press conference said practically nothing. It was over in about two minutes time.

FTjTkVCXsAE-P9N

The inconsistencies and immediate scrub of the internet is exactly how conspiracy theories get started. And these children, families, and teachers deserve ANSWERS. Thank you for sharing these details. I'm so angry it makes me feel sick.

The inconsistencies and immediate scrub of the internet is exactly how conspiracy theories get started. And these children, families, and teachers deserve ANSWERS. Thank you for sharing these details. I'm so angry it makes me feel sick.
Student at Uvalde High School. Daily Mail has a clear picture of him.

This is horrifically disgusting. It never ceases to shock and awe those of us who will never get used to it.

I can tell you, as a teacher, the “safe” place in the classroom is a wall out of sight from the door and windows. If someone comes into the room, there is no more safe place. And, this is high school for my experience. Cannot imagine taking care of little ones during something like this or the drills.

I’m ready to consider homeschooling my 5 year old grandson who will be starting kindergarten in September.

This is just horrifying. I’m a former first grade teacher and the active shooter drills were always so frightening to those little ones.

My heart breaks for all of the children, families, and teachers. All of those kids and teachers looking forward to summer. Just horrible.

There's always inconsistencies during the chaos of those initial hours. Many times we hear about multiple shooters where there is in fact one, and the casualty figures are typically initially lower than what they ultimately become.

It appears that those initial reports of two deaths involved a teacher and student who died at the hospital.

Once the scene is processed though, we hear about all those who weren't fortunate enough to even make it to the hospital.

As for deleting social media, that seems to be pretty standard. Many of these shooters want fame, and their social media can serve as an inspiration for future shooters.

Don't get me wrong, any mass shooting is absolutely horrific. But only a real life monster would be capable of entering a ELEMENTARY SCHOOL with the intent to MURDER kids aged 5-9. Those poor, innocent souls. How can someone look at those tiny, little faces and just decide to murder them?
And yet this is the second time this has happened here in the U.S. in recent memory. It makes me sick.

This is horrifically disgusting. It never ceases to shock and awe those of us who will never get used to it.

I can tell you, as a teacher, the “safe” place in the classroom is a wall out of sight from the door and windows. If someone comes into the room, there is no more safe place. And, this is high school for my experience. Cannot imagine taking care of little ones during something like this or the drills.

I’m ready to consider homeschooling my 5 year old grandson who will be starting kindergarten in September.
I taught 8th grade for 25 years, and the kids didn't get rattled by the safety drills, until the one time we did have a kid with a gun. We stayed for an hour plus in that spot, in the back of the room, away from the door with the door locked. Eventually he gave up without harming anyone, at least physically. The kids were hysterical, though.

Until that day they took it as seriously as they do a fire drill, which is not at all. However, my kids were 13 and 14, not the same as little kids.

When I was a kid we had shelter drills, something to do with potential bombs, if I recall from the Soviet Union. I remember hiding under the desk, and there were designated shelter places all around. This was NYC in the 1960s. We weren't scared at all because even then the premise seemed far-fetched.

What these kids deal with today is all too real.

I'm watching CNN and they state he shot his grandmother as well, but her condition is unknown.

God help these families.

It seems he just had his 18th birthday.

Initial details on the suspect were not immediately available, however, officials say Ramos is apparently from the town of Uvalde, which is 85 miles west of San Antonio, and that he was reportedly born on May 16, 2004.

I taught 8th grade for 25 years, and the kids didn't get rattled by the safety drills, until the one time we did have a kid with a gun. We stayed for an hour plus in that spot, in the back of the room, away from the door with the door locked. Eventually he gave up without harming anyone, at least physically. The kids were hysterical, though.

Until that day they took it as seriously as they do a fire drill, which is not at all. However, my kids were 13 and 14, not the same as little kids.

When I was a kid we had shelter drills, something to do with potential bombs, if I recall from the Soviet Union. I remember hiding under the desk, and there were designated shelter places all around. This was NYC in the 1960s. We weren't scared at all because even then the premise seemed far-fetched.

What these kids deal with today is all too real.

I'm watching CNN and they state he shot his grandmother as well, but her condition is unknown.

God help these families.
I hear and empathize with you. Closest we came was when a bank was being robbed near the school and we were in the specific drill for an outside danger. There are so many types of drills now it’s hard to keep them straight.

He did fatally shoot his grandmother.

There's always inconsistencies during the chaos of those initial hours. Many times we hear about multiple shooters where there is in fact one, and the casualty figures are typically initially lower than what they ultimately become.

It appears that those initial reports of two deaths involved a teacher and student who died at the hospital.

Once the scene is processed though, we hear about all those who weren't fortunate enough to even make it to the hospital.

As for deleting social media, that seems to be pretty standard. Many of these shooters want fame, and their social media can serve as an inspiration for future shooters.
Good points. Also, it didn't even occur to me that the shooters' profiles would be utilized that way by others. Thank you for pointing that out. You're correct in that they should be wiped clean immediately then. It's fascinating how quickly that can happen. I suppose that is done first before announcing to the media the details. It's so easy to get swept up in the pain and anger these things cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier