TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, LE have to be able to distinguish between other LE and the shooter/possible accomplices. Impossibly sad as it is, it is right not to let parents in.

Although the timeframes do seem unjustifiably long.

America, what are you doing to stop your children dying at school?
It would have made it worse
I can understand the parents wanting to go in there, but the cops were right to restrain them
OTOH, I can't understand this 1 hour thing.

What was weird, the tweets at the beginning of this was "Schools on lockdown due to active shooter in the area. Students are being moved to the Civic Center. " There was nothing about an active shooter IN the school.
Just that there was a shooter in the area.

I received one tweet about wounded at University Hospital and I realized that there had indeed been a school shooting.
I left my house and go to the gym. (A five minute drive) I see on the TV that 14 students were dead.

Information was withheld during the shooting

Last edited:
I am from Ontario Canada. In our province, every elementary school is locked down always. The only way in is through the front and that is only after you buzz the office. You are seen through a camera and then the door is buzzed open.

Actually since co-vid, no one is ever buzzed into the school. The only ones allowed in have fobs. No parents or delivery people allowed in the schools. I am thinking maybe it should stay that way.

Are elementary schools locked down in the US?
I live in another Province in Canada and in my experience at my kids' schools the front doors are not locked. Visitors are supposed to report to the office. On days where there are events like awards ceremonies the parents walk in and go to the gym. There's nobody checking to make sure that people aren't straying into the classroom areas. As for the other doors at recess and before and after school kids are always opening the doors to leave so it's easy to walk in.

I can understand the parents wanting to go in there, but the cops were right to restrain them

What was weird, the tweets at the beginning of this was "Schools on lockdown due to active shooter in the area. Students are being moved to the Civic Center. " There was nothing about an active shooter in the school.
Within minutes of receiving one tweet about wounded at University Hospital, all of a sudden, I see that 14 students were dead. Information was withheld until it was over with.
The school was an active crime scene and needed to be contained. There could have been other shooters and there could have been explosives. The scene was chaos and it would have been worse if more people would have been allowed in.

I admit I've purposefully not read everything on this case because I was too tramatized. However, I would like to understand how he could afford to buy two AK rifles and a handgun. These weapons are very expensive around $1500 to $2000 each. I read that he was unemployed. So, how on earth did he buy these weapons? I know I may have missed the answer but please help me here with the answer. thanks very much.

I admit I've purposefully not read everything on this case because I was too tramatized. However, I would like to understand how he could afford to buy two AK rifles and a handgun. These weapons are very expensive around $1500 to $2000 each. I read that he was unemployed. So, how on earth did he buy these weapons? I know I may have missed the answer but please help me here with the answer. thanks very much.
It was posted that he had previously been employed at Wendy's.

Sounds like he pretty much dropped out of high school and was working at Wendy's most recently, and it was reported that he also worked at Burger King for awhile. He lived with his grandmother, didn't drive, didn't have a driver's license, so pretty much sounds like he had no expenses. Sounds like he was saving up to buy the firearms on his 18th birthday.

read the article, why is it easier to say someone was , scary, weird , demented, obsessed with guns, ammo and gear after they commit a horrific crime than it is to say it before?

IF the good guys with the guns won't go into a situation and IF the fortification of schools is tooo expensive and IF we don't have mental health care (although this killer never had mental health issues as far as we know right now, what is left to do?

We have children who do drills on a regular basis. It doesn't seem like the LE in this case had done table tops or enough drilling. This killer sat in a room waiting for them to come and get him. I am not sure how many in that room could have survived if medical help had gotten to them faster but it is wrong that he was allowed to go unchallenged for so long. If this killer had been bold enough to go to other classrooms this would have been the largest mass shooting in our history. We have had Columbine, Sandy Hook, and Stoneman Douglas. At Stoneman Douglas we had an officer who did not go in. It appears that the decision at Uvalde was to wait for a SWAT team.

If there are not good guys with guns who are going in at the first moments, then maybe nobody should have a gun. It is exhausting to see the expectation of LE in these instances be whittled down so that no one rushes in and the vulnerable are left to be slaughtered.

Sorry, this is my humble opinion.

The general manager of Oasis Outback, a hunting store paired with a restaurant that’s located about three miles from Robb Elementary School, confirmed it was speaking with police, though he declined to name himself. An Oasis Outback employee, who declined to be named, also told The Daily Beast no one could remember a transaction with Ramos in the weeks leading up to the shooting, which left 19 students and two teachers dead. “We are all in shock,” they said.

The statement that they could not remember Ramos buying the weapons appear to be totally BS. How on earth could you not remember such a major sale of two assault rifles to an 18 year old? There is no way on earth they did not remember this transaction, JMO

The statement that they could not remember Ramos buying the weapons appear to be totally BS. How on earth could you not remember such a major sale of two assault rifles to an 18 year old? There is no way on earth they did not remember this transaction, JMO

It might be too common of an occurrence. Lots of gun sales.

It was posted above that the shooter purchased the guns online in two separate orders and then picked them up at the store. So it is possible that they don't remember him as purchasing the firearms.

I just cannot handle this news. I mean I keep thinking of the terror those kids had to be feeling. Does anybody know if they had been trying to communicate with him, if there was a hostage negotiator? I think I know the answer to that, I just want to feel less heartbreak.

From what I have read, LE were working to keep him pinned down, while getting the other children out of the school. (And perhaps waiting for the Border Force tactical team.) I have not yet seen any mention of any hostage negotiation.

McCraw commended the officers who engaged the shooter before the tactical unit entered, saying they saved lives by keeping him "pinned down" at his location.

"Obviously this is a situation we failed in the sense that we didn't prevent this mass attack — but I can tell you, those officers that arrived on the scene and put their lives in danger, they saved other kids," he said. "They kept him pinned down, and we're very proud of that."

Exactly. They are playing dumb. Surely there is a receipt, which is how it is known where it was bought. I thought I had read that the monster posted the receipt on social media.

Last edited:

What was weird, the tweets at the beginning of this was "Schools on lockdown due to active shooter in the area. Students are being moved to the Civic Center. " There was nothing about an active shooter IN the school.
Just that there was a shooter in the area.

I received one tweet about wounded at University Hospital and I realized that there had indeed been a school shooting.
I left my house and go to the gym. (A five minute drive) I see on the TV that 14 students were dead.

Information was withheld during the shooting
If there was an active shooter "in the area" the students would not have been moved to another location. They would have been in a shelter-in-place/lockdown mode. Seems there are many unanswered questions and unresolved issues at the moment, which continue to change from moment to moment.

There was initially a shooter in the area when he first emerged from the crashed truck and was not yet inside the building. Perhaps that was how the first warning was perceived. Did no one see him running for the school? And check to be sure all doors and windows were secure? Horrible to feel secure in your building only to have an armed intruder come barging into your classroom.

He entered the building by an unlocked door. How about the classroom? Did he shoot his way in or was that also unlocked? Sadly, we teachers do become complacent at times.

In the high school where I teach, we cannot even leave our classroom doors propped open. If, in fact we do for even a moment, the SO's pass by and close them. Doors are always locked as well.

<modsnip>

Dead last. No grim pun intended.

Abbott calls Texas school shooting a mental health issue but cut state spending for it​

UVALDE, Texas — Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that the Uvalde school shooter had a "mental health challenge" and the state needed to "do a better job with mental health" — yet in April he slashed $211 million from the department that oversees mental health programs.

In addition, Texas ranked last out of all 50 states and the District of Columbia for overall access to mental health care, according to the 2021 State of Mental Health in America report.

Link: Abbott calls Texas school shooting a mental health issue but cut state spending for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member