TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hum.....then how did he legally buy the guns without a photo ID, required by law.

I'm a gun owner, registered open carry and concealed carry license. Gun dealers are usually very meticulous about paperwork, background checks, etc. This came about, when families started during gun dealers. I would think a dealer would be extra careful for someone so young.
Moo and purchaser of guns.
I have been hearing that Texas has the most lax gun rules, do they even do background checks etc?

@KristenRary
A student in Texas was arrested this morning after being seen walking around with a rifle. Said gun was found in his car upon his arrest. He was already in the school. Police are thanking those who saw the student and called it in

Attachments

• 7303A828-044B-49B1-A18A-B11B6ABC754B.jpeg
    7303A828-044B-49B1-A18A-B11B6ABC754B.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 26
Hum.....then how did he legally buy the guns without a photo ID, required by law.

I think most states have photo ID that you can get without having a license.
Exactly, there are many reasons that some can't have a driver's license. Sometimes it's for medical reasons that they can't have a license.

• “Manuel Alvarez, the boyfriend of killer's mother, told DailyMail.com that the shooter was a 'loner' who stayed in room hitting a punching bag
  • The killer is the son of Salvador Ramos, 42, and Adriana Ramos Martinez, 39, both of whom have a criminal history
  • Locals said the shooter had troubled home life and his behavior grew bizarre as he entered his teenage years
  • He began dressing in black, wearing military boots and growing his hair long.”

They don't need character references from people who have known them for a number of years? (I guess that's too much to hope for <modsnip>... sigh...)

no. The background checks are really basic when I bought a gun it was BEFORE the new Open Carry Law. There was a two-week waiting period and background check.
I've had friends say it's even easier now, but I have not purchased one since the new law. However, you can buy a gun from a private seller/dealer with no background checks or waiting period. Same with some gun shows. Is it legal? not sure but it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
no. The background checks are really basic when I bought a gun it was BEFORE the new Open Carry Law. There was a two-week waiting period and background check.
I've had friends say it's even easier now, but I have not purchased one since the new law. However, you can buy a gun from a private seller/dealer with no background checks or waiting period. Same with some gun shows. Is it legal? not sure but it happens.
Private sellers (anyone who is not a licensed dealer) have no legal obligation to conduct a background check before transferring ownership of a firearm in Texas.

Mother of the shooter speaks:

"He was NOT a violent person"

So, according to this Mom also bought the shooter a stuffed animal for his 18th birthday. She doesn't seem to have had any idea who he really was as I suspect that gift was WAY off the mark.

Private sellers (anyone who is not a licensed dealer) have no legal obligation to conduct a background check before transferring ownership of a firearm in Texas.

The gun shows have me a bit confused though. I thought they had to run background checks like a licensed dealer.
This is what I found however he bought his legally online and picked them at a licensed dealer. So he must have passed the background check. We should find out soon enough.

ABC WORLD NEWS said it took 1 hour to get the shooter!

I think it took longer than that. About 1½ hours.

The shootings started at 11:32am.

This police announcement said they had him 'in custody' at 1:06pm.

Uvalde Police Department

From that same police announcement it seems that they set up the reunification centre for the other children, and were busy getting them out of there, prior to getting to the gunboy (who was barricaded in the classroom).

Last edited:
Where did this killer get the money to buy his gear? Daniel Defense AR ain't cheap. Another AR, 375 rounds of 5.56, armored vest, and that truck?
Good point.
Some msm articles claimed he had argued with his grandma over a phone bill as well ?
Salvador Ramos complained about his grandmother being "on the phone with AT&T abojt (sic) my phone."
"It's annoying," he texted.

"... It's annoying..."
So much so , that he went on a rampage and brutally murdered people.
Smh.
I have not an ounce of sympathy for this young man.
Even his own grandma wasn't spared; although it sounds like she's fighting for her life in the hospital !

So SR had a phone and was not without resources.
If he didn't have to pay his bills, and was asked to pay his phone bill, was this enough to send him into a rage ?

Sounds like the defense of poverty (in turn leading to breeding violence) may be faulty.

As far as the bullying claims, bullying is never acceptable.
But it is not an excuse.
When he aimed his gun at innocent people including small children, he made the choice to become the bully.
Maybe he was a life long injustice collector ?

Others have been bullied and even experienced horrible lives growing up, and they never harmed anyone .
My take on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members